Wish Upon A Star

By gd_carpediem

Twenty-three-year-old, Sana Minatozaki, an idol and a member of a famous Kpop girl group meets an independent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

17

170 14 0
By gd_carpediem

December 15, 2022

Tzuyu's POV

Today is the day! It's Twicelights in Seoul concert day. The most awaited concert this year and it will be held at Olympic Gymnastics Arena. I have never done this before and this is the first time I will be attending a concert in my entire life. If it wasn't for my girlfriend Sana, I wouldn't go there. I would just let my friends go to the concert since they are fans of Twice ever since then. Mix emotions. The feeling of excitement and anxiousness filled my body before I started going to something like this that would soon become my hobby and that's what I'm sure of. I should be expected this since I'm in a relationship with one of the members of a famous Korean girl group.

I'm on my way now to the venue and I was a little late at our agreed time for a reason. But then again, I'm glad that I make it today.

As I drive my car, it seemed like forever but in actuality, it was only been an hour. I remembered that my friends had been bugging me with a lot of messages and even tried calling me multiple times. But, it happened that I couldn't respond to them. So I immediately took out my phone and decided to call either of the two. I was about to press the dial when someone called and it was Jeongyeon.

"Yah! Where are you now?! The queue here to get inside the Arena is longer than you'd imagine right now. So if I were you, hurry up and come here as soon as possible."

Earlier, I told them to go first to the Arena and I'll just follow them after. All they know is that I had a meeting with my parents' client. But I lied to them. It was just my excuse to cover up what really happened.

"Alright. 20 minutes more and I will be there. I'll hang up the call now. I'm driving. Byeee!". I didn't wait for her to respond and ended the call right away.

I remember waking up early with difficulty breathing. It's just normal for me to feel that way because of my illness. I take my medicine but still, I don't feel well and nothing's changed. I felt numbness just like the last time when Chaeyoung found me in such a situation. So I didn't hesitate anymore and went to my doctor for a check-up as long as I can move my body and my condition hasn't gotten worst. I was in Hyung Daniel's clinic for almost four hours and I was examined and undergo ECG. I even took oxygen therapy to increase the amount of oxygen and helped reduce my heart's workload. He also prescribed other medicine for my heart so my condition got well. Because this happened to me, he got me a room and didn't allowed me to attend the concert. I was still under observation that's why he wanted me to stay there. But I want to see Sana so when I felt like my heart return its pump to a normal beating, I looked for a way to escape. Luckily, I got my chance and ran away from the hospital.

---

At the Olympic Gymnastics Arena, 3:00 PM

After getting here at the venue, the line felt weariful filled with people who will watch the concert, some were selling Twice's albums, and other merchandise. My friend, Chaeyoung messaged me telling me they are already inside the Arena. I'm getting close now to the front and a few minutes more will be there too inside the Arena. I notice I forgot about Sana's messages and I haven't read it yet since this morning. I immediately open to see all the messages and her last message was at 6:40 AM. I felt bad that I couldn't reply or even call her. I was still asleep that time and I forgot to set an alarm.

4:00 am

Good morning, babe. I know you're still sleeping. Please, don't feel bad for not waking up early just to cheer me up. You can do it later at the concert.🤭😘

5:30 am
Don't worry, I didn't skip breakfast. You should too.☺️

6:00 am

Wake up, Babe! I missed you already! 😏

6:40 am

Babe....I'm nervous! We'll be going to prepare now for the concert.

See you when I see you. I'm going to find you no matter how many thousands of fans are there in the arena. I love you, Chou Tzuyu.❤️💛

Suddenly, I feel like a sting sensation inside my chest and I started coughing. I looked at my hand and there was blood on it which surprised me. I found myself speechless at what I saw. I quickly get my handkerchief and wiped off the blood from my mouth. Few seconds and I still coughing.

"Miss, are you okay?". The girl behind me asked me. I just nodded to her telling her that I'm fine and there was nothing to be worried about. But my cough got worse and I am visibly in pain now. The girl noticed that there was blood on my handkerchief. I shakily bent down and furiously cough again.

Not now...I wish this would stop.

"Miss, wh~what happened?! Are you alright?!", The girl agitatedly asked as she held me in my arms and supported me to stand.

"Please, he~help me.." I whispered weakly to her and that was the last thing I remembered before I lost consciousness.

---

At the concert...

"Yahh! Chaeyoungiee. Has she messaged you already? She should be here by now. The concert is about to start." Jeongyeon said to her friend while trying to call Tzuyu.

Chaeyoung took her phone to check it but she didn't received a single message from Tzuyu.

"Nope. How about you? Try to call her", Chaeyoung suggested.

"Are you blind?! That's what I'm doing right now", Jeongyeon yelled since it was noisy inside the arena because of the loud music and the fans who keep cheering for Twice.

"It's ringing but she's not answering the call."

"Maybe, she's still in a meeting with the client or she's talking to her parents now about what happened to the meeting. Don't worry! She will be here soon. If she didn't watch the concert, Sana would be mad at her." Chaeyoung said and started cheering just like a fan will do for their idols.

Sana's POV

We are now at the backstage to get ready and waited for the countdown to end so we can start our concert. This is not the first time we're going to perform in front of our fans but still, we are all nervous and anxious. The five of us were all quiet while listening to our fans who were all cheering loudly from the outside.

"This is it! Are you ready girls?", Jihyo shouted with a smile as she walk towards us. The look on our faces changed when she lit up the mood. We all stand and form a group hug and shouted, "we are always ready!".

"We can do this, okay?", Jihyo curled a smile on her face.

"Of course! Because we are Twice!", I cheerfully said to them while we were hugging.

All of a sudden, our manager approached us to tell us to get ready and we did. The countdown ended and we start our concert by performing our first song, The feels.

We finally showed up and our fans who were screaming loudest and turn to us with a smile on their faces as they were sharing the same excitement and connecting over their love to us. This is our first concert. My heart beats rapidly because of the sudden mix of emotions. But later on, become pure happiness and enjoyment as I sing and danced together with the girls.

After our first performance, catching our breath as we introduced ourselves one by one and Jihyo started it then I'm the last to introduce myself.

"Good evening, Onces!", I said over the microphone and the crowd screamed as they called out my name.

Sana!

Sana!

Sana!

I love you, Sana!

Our Shasha!

You're beautiful!

Sana, you're hot and sexy!

"Hi everyone, I'm Twice Sana. I'm so happy to see you again, Onces! Please, have fun and enjoy the night!". I smilingly said to them while looking at the crowd trying to do the impossible thing. Searching for my one and only Tzuyu in these thousands of people inside the Arena. I know it is impossible to find her here without her telling me where she was sitting together with Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon. She even said to me yesterday that she will attend our concert as a normal human being who was just dragged by her friends who like Twice and not being my supportive girlfriend. I pouted right at the moment, thinking how unfair she was. But then again, I let out a giggled; remembering how her face looks like while saying those to me. She's such a savage and too adorable at the same time.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

"1, 2, 3......."Jihyo began to talk.

"Hi everyone... We are Twice!", The five of us said in unison as we introduced our group. The concert continued and the audience keep screaming as they went wild tonight.

(fast forward)

More than an hour had passed, and although it was tiring, the five of us were all happy to be able to perform in front of our fans. With so much fun this night, we didn't realize that the concert was now going to end. Two songs left and it's almost over. The next song that we will be going to perform is Feel Special. We'll start the intro with an acoustic version and return it to its original genre in the chorus until the last part of the song along with a dance.

As soon as the music begins, I don't know why I suddenly become emotional. Maybe, because every time I hear this song, there is always someone who comes to my mind.

And this person is my Tzuyu.

"There are one of those days Days when I suddenly feel all alone When I feel like I don’t belong anywhere And my head is hanging down..." Mina started elegantly singing the song.

I will never forget that night I bumped into her. Well, that's where our story started. And every time I look back on it, it feels like everything's just happened yesterday.

She was just a stranger to me back then and I still couldn't believe she is now my girlfriend.

She's the best thing that has ever happened to me...

Jihyo sang the next stanza, "Whenever those days come, you tell me How precious I am At those words you say Everything’s alright From Nobody to Somebody I become a very special me..."

The song has returned to its original genre. We started dancing and when I was about to sing the chorus, I suddenly burst into tears causing my voice to crack while singing. I didn't stop and continued to perform. Jihyo was the first to notice it. She looked at me with concern and I just showed her a sweet smile in response. I have mixed emotions tonight.

We're all in the middle of our performance here in this huge arena. And in this purple ocean, there is a strange color of light that caught my attention.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

(Happenings before the concert begins)

It was almost 5 pm. Tzuyu is lying unconsciously on the bed. She just woke up and was surprised that she was confined in the hospital. There was oxygen attached to her and dextrose in her hand.

First, she removed the oxygen that was attached to her mouth. Then, she sat down and was about to pull out the dextrose in her hand when the door suddenly opened. A beautiful nurse with a porcelain complexion entered the room and a sweet smile escaped from its mouth upon seeing Tzuyu who is now fine and conscious.

"You're awake, Miss Chou. How are you feeling?", the nurse asked.

Tzuyu didn't answer her and was busy removing the dextrose in her hand. The nurse let out a sigh and glared its eyes at the patient. When Tzuyu removed everything attached to her body, she finally paid attention to the nurse who had been talking to her since she entered the room.

"Stop glaring at me like that, Irene Unnie. I'm perfectly fine now. Can't you see? And please, don't be too formal when you're talking to me. I know you're just being professional here but still, we're blood relatives and you are my cousin.", Tzuyu smilingly gets out of bed and took her clothes from the cabinet. She then went inside the restroom to change and get dressed.

"But we are here in the hospital and I'm a nurse right now." Irene chuckled at her. "That is why my brother having a headache right now because you're so stubborn," she added.

"Hyung Daniel...oops! About Doctor Kang.." Tzuyu giggled at what she said. "Tell him I'm still fine and don't worry too much about me." Tzuyu comes out the door.

"Stay here and wait for a minute. I'm calling Daniel and telling him that you're awake now." Irene said.

"But I'm leaving now." She looked at her wristwatch to check if she has still time to watch the concert. "I still have an hour. I need to be there at the concert. I need to see Sana performing on the stage. Also, my friends have been waiting for me and they might wonder why I'm still not coming."

"I guess you really love Minatozaki Sana that much," Irene said with a smile when she realized how she witnessed Tzuyu can really do everything to that girl even though her cousin was hospitalized. The tall girl would still go to see Sana.

"Yeah. I do love her, Unnie." Tzuyu looked at Irene with a genuine smile. "And of course! This is my first time in a relationship and she is my first love." Tzuyu laughed softly and walk towards the door. She then turned around to face again Irene when she suddenly remember Daniel.

"Can you do me a favor?", Tzuyu requested.

"Tell me first before I agree." Irene let out a silly smile.

"Please, Unnie...let me get out of here, and help me talk to Hyung and explain this to him. Also, tell him I'm sorry about what I did earlier. I promise after the concert, I'm going to talk to him later", Tzuyu raised her right hand and swore in front of the nurse.

"Just this once, okay?", Irene said and the tall girl smilingly nodded to her.

"Thank you, Unnie. You're the best!", Tzuyu hugged Irene and immediately let go of her embrace then bid goodbye to the nurse because she was in a hurry.

"Bye, Unnie!", Tzuyu waved her hand and was about to grip the doorknob but the door suddenly opened right away before she did.

"Where are you going?". The doctor arrived before she made herself out of the room.

"Hyung....." Tzuyu's expression changed. She was stunned when she saw how the man looking at her with a serious face. She then snapped out and began talking to the doctor.

"I'm–. The doctor interrupted Tzuyu and didn't let the tall girl finish what she would like to say to him.

"You can't leave this hospital.... again, Miss Chou Tzuyu. We need to talk about your condition."

Upon hearing her name, she knew Doctor Daniel is deadly serious that's why she was prohibited to complain about it. At this moment, all she has to do is to obey and listen to her doctor.

"Right now," Daniel said emphatically.

---

After talking about a serious matter, Tzuyu was suddenly speechless at what she heard. Even Irene couldn't believe it and burst into tears when she found out about her cousin's condition now.

"That's not true!". She shook her head. Her voice was trembling.

"It can't be!". Her eyes widened. She then raised her voice upon talking to her doctor.

"You said I should follow everything you say and I will be fine and I did all of that. Now, you're telling me my heart is in critical condition", the tall girl scoffed.

"Tzuyah, don't talk to your Hyung like that. You need to calm down." Irene intervened and quickly hugged Tzuyu from behind while still crying.

"No, Unnie. It's okay. Let her be." Daniel said calmly to her sister and looked again at Tzuyu. "You need to be more careful now, Tzuyah. I know this is hard for you and this is painful for us. But as you're doctor, you need to be hospitalized and get treatment so that your heart doesn't get worse. You know that I'm doing my best here to give you assistance and find you a donor."

Daniel stopped talking for a while. His serious face turned into sadness. He can't take it anymore that's why he let out the heaviness he had been suppressing inside. Tears escaped from his eyes as she stared at Tzuyu who has worn a blank expression. This view made him more painful to watch.

"I'm your Hyung... And I'm begging you for this. Tzuyah, please!" Daniel gave Tzuyu a tight hug. But the tall girl quickly let go of it. She feels numb not because of her condition but because her mind was a mess right now and she can no longer feel herself anymore.

"I want to breathe." Tzuyu plainly said. She didn't know what to do with her illness anymore. She suddenly felt her body becomes weak and feels so tired. She wants to take a break. She wants to escape from this nightmare for a while. So she just walked out the door and decided to get away from this place.

"I already talked to your parents about your condition. You have two options and you just need to choose between the two, it's either you're parents come here to Seoul or you will go back to Taiwan and my father will help you with your treatment."

"You shouldn't inform them but never mind. Still, I won't stop you from telling to them since they are my parents. I'll come back here when I've made up my mind. I'm leaving now." Tzuyu, without hesitation, walked away and leave them.

---

Tzuyu's POV

As soon as I got out of the hospital, I immediately boarded a bus back to the gymnastics center where the venue of the concert was. I sat at the back; looked outside the window then all that happened earlier entered my mind and that's when everything started to sink in. I touched my cheeks as I felt my eyes fill with tears and they won't stop flowing. I want to scream to let out all the pain inside of me. But then I think even if I do that, still, nothing will change. I looked down and immediately covered my mouth so no one could hear my sobs.

After an hour and the bus stopped at my destination. I quickly get out and run inside the Arena. I will set aside everything because right now, it's important for me to see Sana happily performing on the stage. I want to support and proudly watch her on her special night.

"Excuse me, Miss, where are you going?", the guard stopped and asked me when I'm about to go inside the Arena. I almost forgot the ticket. I immediately search for it in my jacket's pocket and found it there. I sighed in relief, I thought I lost the ticket.

"I'm sorry. Here's my ticket. Please, let me in", I showed the ticket and give it to the guard. Afterward, he allows me to go inside the Arena. I cursed and shut my eyes in disbelief when I forgot the light stick in my car. So before I go, I borrowed one of his flashlights and then I begged until he lend it to me.

"Thank you, Sir. I owe you a lot for this. I'll be sure to return your flashlight after the concert." I smilingly said and waved my hand at her. I couldn't stop laughing at my idea of using this flashlight as my lightstick.

Upon arrival, the Twice was not performing and only the sounds of the musicians' instruments could be heard. I guessed they just got finished performing and get ready now for their other song. The crowd was screaming and cheering as they waited for Twice. Since I was late and the concert will soon be over, I decided not to go in my seat and just keep walking towards the end. The band suddenly stops performing and the lights turned off. I was stunned as I was mesmerized to see all the purple lights above here coming from their lightsticks. So this is what they called the purple ocean. I took a photo and send it to Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon. I also send them a message and apologized for being late. Then, I remind them not to tell Sana about this. I hid my phone as soon as the music began.

Feel Special is the next song they're going to perform. I was surprised because it started in an acoustic version. Mina was the first one to sing it with her elegant voice. I bet Chaeyoung was trying to hold on to her soul and pull it back to her body. Until now, she is still not brave enough to tell her feelings to Mina. Then, Jihyo continued the song. Her vocal is so powerful. I really admired her voice. Speaking of her, she finally knows that her ex is my cousin. And for Jeongyeon, she still not giving up on Jihyo. She still waiting and helping Jihyo at the same time to finally moved on with her past relationship. I let out a chuckle thinking about my friends' love life. They were so hopelessly romantic. I don't have much time. I need to help them before others can get ahead of them.

Suddenly, the music turned to its original genre then I heard Sana's voice. She's singing the chorus of the song. She's so far from me and I can't see her from here and there I saw her beautiful and innocent face on the big screen. Her smile makes me feel alive. Her voice makes me feel calm. I couldn't believe that I was finally watching her perform live. I'm so proud of her.

"W~wait...what?! Is she crying? Why was she suddenly crying?", I was worried when I saw her with tears. The crowd began cheering on her. Chanting her name. I can't be there. How can I make her stop crying? I have an idea. I took the flashlight and started to turn it off and on. I don't know if she will notice this but it's a miracle if that happened. She suddenly looks this way. I blinked a couple of times making sure of it. I don't know to myself why I put my hands in the air and waved it freely while smiling. I couldn't believe what am I seeing right now. Sana is waving back at me. She even showed a finger heart. How come did she recognized me up here? Then I sigh in relief when she's not crying anymore and now performing well on the stage.

---

The power of thinking. Your thoughts are some of the most powerful things about you. Thoughts can actually make you more anxious, happy, fearful, or content. And what you spend time thinking about has the power to affect your emotions, your actions, and ultimately– your character. At this very moment, I'm going to choose to be happy tonight.

---

Tonight is her golden hour.

She slows down time in her golden hour.

The spotlight was pointing at her. I was the fangirl at the front of the show and she was the star. She got a glow on her face and a glorious look in her eyes. My radiant beam in the night that's why I don't need any light to see her shine. She was my angel of light.

My Sana, I will always be your number one fan, cheering you silently, and always be proud of you and all your accomplishments in life.

Sana is not just my girl.

She's my home.

My rest.

My heart.

And my safe place.

She is the love of my life.

At the last minute left, as I watched her smiling and being happy with what she was doing, I grab that chance and get my phone in my pocket then recorded a short clip of it. Afterward, I sent her a message.

I love you.

And then, I left this place and walk away.

---

Tzuyu: My girlfriend thinks it's romantic that I say "I love you" at random moments. The truth is I have a heart condition. I say it when I have chest pains, just in case it's the end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyeong! Long time no update! 😅😁
Just one vote for this long update, pleaseee! Thank you. ☺️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 6.2K 31
❝ How can you possibly fall in love with a criminal like me? ❞ 082018 - 031319
263K 17.9K 61
*COMPLETED* A story in which Nayeon is the daughter of a billionare CEO. She wants to become the next CEO of her father's company but that isn't goin...
92K 4K 22
The beautiful, Taiwanese maknae of Twice has died in her sleep. The group, Onces, and the JYP Entertainment Family are devastated. Chou Tzuyu is no l...
47.5K 1.4K 80
"3 2 1. One in a Million. Hello we're TWICE!" Accept requests! A super baby Once making a fan fiction of as a Twice member, something for Once who w...