POV | j.hs

By BTStrashcrack

I'd love to see me from your point of view. More

Copyright
Characters
prologue
superpowers
minutes into hours
20-20
glass
know me better
nothing
touch my soul
permeate
i wanna
you love me
my pretty
ugly too
your point of view
receiving
not leaving
im scared
grateful
my lips
afraid of
subside
trust me
you trust me
loved me like you do
your point of view
waiting
baggage fading
eyes deceive me
stray too far away
iwlmtwtylm
your point of view {end}
END NOTES

believe

174 20 1
By BTStrashcrack

Misuk excitedly danced around me with her various makeup brushes as she hummed and sung like a little fairy.

"You're in a good mood," I chuckled.

"Because it's just like old times. Me getting you ready for a big day. You've got your fancy stylist team so you don't need me anymore," she teasingly pouted.

"I'm sorry, Mi. You know I want you there everyday," I hugged her waist cutely.

She booped my nose with concealer, "That's why I'm here right now for something even more important."

She was right. Today, I was going to my first movie premiere. The movie I had filmed with Hoseok before starting the drama was releasing in theaters at the end of the week but the celebrity premiere was today.

To be honest though, I didn't exactly get invited to it. Why would I? I was a fleeting character that was more for plot progression.

However, Hoseok insisted that I come as his plus one so that I could celebrate both of our successes together. Unfortunately, I could exactly show up with Hoseok without outing our relationship, so I was going as a casual invite and hopefully going to meet him later. And hopefully I could see Director Lee and thank him personally for referring me to Jungkook and helping me out.

Misuk had straightened my hair until it was as long as it could be and have accents to my bangs that I had long hidden away. The makeup job was a subtle smokey one so that the emphasis was on the bright red lips that popped.

"Alright...I have a couple of numbers for you," she said, bringing over several little black dresses for me to try.

I carefully glanced through all of them, trying to thoughtfully decide which would be the best one for the premiere. It was an action movie, so I wanted a short, sexy number that screamed living life in the fast lane.

I finally landed on the most perfect one for the occasion. A short velvet black dress with long sheer black sleeves. That paired with my black stilettos was going to make a killer number. Something that bartender Yuna would definitely wear.

I tried the whole outfit on, giving it a couple of spins in the mirror. It was the perfect, confident number that I needed for the night.

"You're a stunner," Misuk nodded approvingly as I turned around. "As someone who routinely looks at women as romantic prospects, you're hot."

I snorted, "Routinely my butt. You've had goo-goo eyes for Yeseul since you met her." She clamped up immediately, a bright blush appearing on her face. I laughed a little, placing my hands on her shoulders. "You should go for it. I know you two are letting the tide take you wherever, but if you are really interested in her, I know she'd be happy to go on a date with you."

Misuk sighed, "I don't know. A relationship between a high-end celebrity like her and a non-celebrity teacher already spells trouble. Not to mention we're lesbian and her entire fan base is eagerly waiting for her, thinking she's into men."

I pulled her in for a hug, "Misuk, you are so wonderful. It doesn't matter whether or not you're a celebrity. You don't need to be one to be recognized as a beautiful and deserving person. And all that matters is that you two want to be with each other. If the world has a problem with you two being girls in love then that's a problem the world can deal with. You deserve to live happily and freely. And you two will find a way, I'm sure of it. You know you have my support every step of the way."

She reciprocated the hug, "Thank you, Chaerin. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend."

"Neither could've I."

She smiled softly as she pulled away from the hug, "Alright girl, go give them hell for me. Show them who the hottest woman is for miles."

I chuckled, "I will."

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

"Remember, don't answer any idiotic questions a reporter may ask. If they do ask anything, turn it back to the movie or show. Be mindful of who you are talking to when you try to network. Always watch out for the cameras in case you're doing something unsavory. And for the love of all things good in this world, try not to be so open and lovey with Hoseok that you two get caught," Donghwa lectured as we arrived at the premiere venue.

I sighed, "I know, I know."

"Good. I'm sure there will be an after party of some kind after the movie so I will leave it to Hoseok to get you home in a discreet manner. Call me if you need anything," he said.

He was such a dad.

I jumped out of the car, surprised by how many people were already in line to get into the premiere. There was a vast array of people there from A-list actors, to idols, to authors, and even social media stars. I had a feeling from all the hype surrounding the premiere that this movie would end up being a box office hit.

Thanks to being Hoseok's plus one, he managed to swing me a fast pass that allowed me to bypass the long line of people waiting to get in. I wasn't sure how he did it or what he did it with, but I was not complaining. I even got a specially laminated entrance card to wear around my neck that had my name on it. For as much as I complained about the VIP treatment he would
often give me, sometimes it had its useful moments.

They had designed everything for the premiere in the scheme of the movie so the carpet was black and everything was very monochrome glamour.

There were fans crowded outside the venue, waiting eagerly to see all the stars. Their cheers already flooded in as people begin to meander in.

I looked longingly at the carpet where all the reporters were standing. If only my part in the movie had been bigger then I would've been able to stand there and be the object of their attention. But alas, I knew my time was coming soon and I was willing to be patient.

I casually walked along the general carpet not really minding anyone or anything as I tried to get inside.

All of a sudden, I heard a voice call out to me, "Excuse me, Miss! Are you Moon Chaerin? Can we please do an interview with you?"

I looked around for a moment before I spotted an eager reporter waving me over to come to the carpet for the really famous people. They seriously wanted an interview with me? I seriously thought Donghwa was joking.

I plastered on my daintiest smile and approached the reporter.

"Hi! I'm Im Saebom from K Entertainment Weekly. It's a pleasant surprise to see you at this premiere. I'd love to get an interview with you if I could," she motioned to her camera-person with a nod.

"Oh of course! I would be honored," I said politely.

She thanked me graciously before turning back to her camera, "Hello everyone! I'm here on the scene of the long-awaited premiere for Lee Baek Jin's action-thriller film, Crossfire. I'm with Moon Chaerin, the recently announced rookie actress for Jeon Jungkook's newest drama. How are you, Chaerin?"

"I'm doing quite well. How are you? You look lovely. Those pearls are gorgeous," I complimented, giving the camera a nice flourish.

"Aww that's so sweet of you! I'm doing great and you look absolutely stunning as well. I love the little black number. Very on theme," she said.

I bowed, "I live to serve."

"I believe it. So, we know that you are a new hire on the set of Jeon Jungkook's new show. Can you give us any insight on it before you're very own premiere that you will star in?" She asked.

"I can't give away too much, but what I can say is that if you're looking for a show filled with light-hearted fun, a pure storyline, and lovable characters, then you'll want to catch our show."

"You heard the girl. And one more question, what are you doing here tonight? I mean how did you get into one of the biggest premieres and what are you excited for?" She asked, rather backhandedly.

I kept the smile on my face, not letting her condescending nature show.

"I'm very lucky and honored to be here tonight. I'm glad that I get to support my costar, Jung Hoseok on the release of his wonderful movie. In all honesty Miss Saebom, I actually have a role in this movie. It's a very special scene that I can't spoil, but one that I'm very proud of. I worked closely with Director Lee for it and I'm proud of how it turned out. In that regard, I'm here to support a colleague and marvel at my own presence and am most excited to see how everyone enjoys it."

And that's how you handle hecklers like a pro.

"Well...there you have it. Thank you so much for joining me, Miss Chaerin. Have a wonderful time inside," she said again, her smile sweetening.

I quickly got away from there, not wanting to deal with anymore underhanded questions that were trying to catch me off-guard.

There was a general outdoor area where people were beginning to congregate. Some people even took pictures with the large cardboard stand of Hoseok and his movie partner. But I figured I could take my own pictures, for my eyes only of course, of the two of us. Live. Real. And not have to wait in a line for cardboard.

So I tried to head inside early.

"I'm sorry ma'am, you cannot go in right now," a security guard said.

"Oh, my bad," I said apologetically.

"Wait! You have the special card," another guard said.

I glanced down at my lanyard, "I got it at the front. It was some special laminated pass they gave me."

"Come this way please. I'm so sorry. We'll take you to your seat right now. And don't worry, it's completely private so no one will be able to say a thing."

"Right..." I said confusedly as they led me inside ahead of everyone else. I was taken up a stairwell far beyond the main entrance of the theater. I began to grow worried that I was being taken somewhere to be kidnapped and assaulted but nonetheless I continued to follow.

We ascended to the literal top of the theater where there was a tiny box overlooking the entire theater.

"You're right here," they smiled.

"Uh...are you sure there's not been some sort of mistake? I don't think I'm supposed to be here, I'm a casual viewer," I said.

"There's no mistake," that was Hoseok's voice. I glanced behind me to see him walking up in a very handsome looking suit. I think my heart might have stopped for a moment just from how breathtakingly stunning he was. "Thank you guys for guiding her up here. I'll take it from here."

The security guards nodded leaving the two of us alone and isolated on the top floor in the very fancy and special box.

"I talked to Director Lee about our predicament and he said we could take the top box to ourselves so we could enjoy our privacy without anyone starting something," he explained. He came forward, pressing a soft kiss to my lips. "It's good to see you. You look dazzling as always."

"As do you," I winked, eyeing him up and down like he was a piece of candy to be devoured.

"So how does it feel? Your first premiere of many. Very soon, you'll be the center of attention at many of these," he nodded affirmatively.

"It feels good. I'm grateful that you invited me. Not only because I want to see and support you...but also because I'd like to admire the fruits of my labor too. Even if it was minimal."

Hoseok beamed at me proudly, enjoying the shift in my mindset. I didn't really feel the need to talk so low of myself anymore because in truth, I had done wonderful things that deserved to be celebrated, no matter how big or small. The bleak, hopeless world was suddenly being opened to light and radiance and pride.

He led me into our private box that was equipped with food and drinks for the likes of royalty and a very comfortable loveseat for the two of us to share.

"I have to go walk the carpet and stuff but once it starts, I'll be back up here to watch it with you," he said, kissing the top of my head before heading down.

I looked over the side of the box one more time taking in the view and the setup for this premiere. Someday very soon, this would be themed to my show. I would be on posters and cut outs. And we'd get to watch the first episode of our show. I awaited that day we eager open arms.

-; 。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

The cast of the movie was just about finishing up their introductions and short questionnaire on the movie at the front of the theater. I watched them in awe as they beautifully conducted themselves with grace and poise. It was like they had been friends forever the way they joked and laughed and connected.

"We don't want to take up anymore of your time, so let's just get on with the movie. So without further ado, please put your hands together for the cast of Crossfire, and we hope you enjoy," Director Lee concluded, earning a nice raucous applause.

The cast dispersed as the lights in the house dimmed until it was completely dark and movie lit up the big screen in front of us.

My eyes took in all the wonderful colors and sounds as if I were in a trance.

The weight in the couch shifted beside me as I felt an arm causally wrapped around my shoulder and pull me close. I looked at the cheeky culprit, Jung Hoseok, before adjusting myself so I could snuggle in with him. This was really just a glorified movie date.

I was excited to see how all the plot and the scenes unfolded during post-production and editing. It was always so fascinating to be a part of a movie or show and see the difference in perception from how it looked when you acted it versus how it turned out when it was edited down.

Hoseok was of course stellar as always. His character was happy-go-lucky and incredibly kind just like he was, so there didn't seem to be a whole lot of acting needed. The bond between him and his on-screen partner were conveyed so eloquently through their different personalities and how they inevitably looked out for one another.

And then there was his on-screen love interest who had a complicated story of her own. She loved him immensely but he wasn't quick to catch onto her love until way later when he realized the care he had for her was far more than just friendly. Even I found myself unconsciously rooting for them and anxiously waiting for them to get together. The chemistry between the two of them was undeniable throughout. Not that I was super bothered by it. It was acting and if they were damn good at it, I honestly couldn't complain.

Of course, then there was the scene where Hoseok's partner died. The emotional tension of it all was felt in mere actions and sound effects but it created such a morose atmosphere. I, in fact, was so shocked from the death that my hands flew to my mouth and tears began to well up in my eyes. Which of course, Hoseok had to laugh at me for. But it was just such raw emotion and action, it felt too real. To watch the brightness in Hoseok's characters eyes completely vanish was incredible acting on his part and so immensely powerful.

"This is it..." Hoseok hummed in my ear, a bright smile on his face.

"This is the scene you're excited for?" I chuckled.

"Of course it is. It was my favorite scene to film," he winked.

He held my hand tightly, giving me a squeeze for energy and support as I eagerly awaited to see my face on the big screen.

And then finally Hoseok barreled in and there I was. Yuna the bartender in all her glory. It was almost like a fever dream to see. That was me. These famous stars of all accords were seeing me on the big screen. Really seeing me. I was really seeing me.

It almost felt like watching a completely different person. How I felt when I was acting as he versus how I felt watching her were two incredibly polarized feelings. I almost couldn't believe that it was me. But it was.

"Now you know how I feel watching you all the time when you act," Hoseok whispered in my ear, sending a shiver of delight down my spine.

I held his hand tightly, soaking up every last second of the delectable scene, right up to our steamy kiss.

"Oh it was perfect," I sighed in content.

"You feeling proud of yourself?" He asked.

"More than you could ever know," I breathed out.

He smiled, locking my lips in a delicate kiss, "Good. Because that right there, is what you do everyday. And that's why I know you'll be a star in no time at all."

The movie came to a delightful conclusion with all the conflicts being resolved, Hoseok's character being able to acknowledge his grief and how it changed him, and even the two love interests finally got together.

The crowd burst into a large applause, standing ovations being given all around. It was a hit, just like I knew it would be.

I excitedly gave Hoseok a huge hug, "You were amazing. I'm so proud of you."

Director Lee got back onto the center stage to address final questions and take comments from reporters about his stellar film.

"Should I wait somewhere secretive for you? I know Donghwa mentioned there's some party you have to go to, and you're my ride," I said.

"Oh am I now?" He raised an eyebrow.

"If you don't want to be, that's totally fine. You should go celebrate at your cast party because you truly deserve it," I assured.

He smiled softly, brushing a strand of hair out of my face, "I'd love nothing more than to be your ride. But instead of a stuffy party, let's go to my house and celebrate just us two, hmm?"

"But-"

"I'd rather celebrate my victories with you, not anyone else," he assured.

I smiled softly, pecking him on the cheek, "That sounds like a wonderful time, let's do it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 496 35
You'll just have to read to find out what it's about.. disclaimer
257K 4.1K 127
In this, you can find alot of angst in this! ^^ Hope you all will enjoy it! It has selfharm
53.8K 1.9K 25
Jhope: "let the dance kings show you y/n." Y/n: "s- show me what?" I was thinking of so many dirty thoughts.. Jhope: "show you some dancing tips. Ar...
225K 4.2K 59
i say that i'll erase you, but i can't really let you go yet. no longer updating, thank you for the endless amount of support for this cringe thing i...