The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Chocolate chip
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Mister neighbor
Sick
Get out
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Games
Touch me
Soundproof
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Theories
Naive
Win and Won
Speeding
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Hide-a-way

2.7K 162 138
By rileysmiley139

...this chapter is messy.
— Chapter 27 —

The piercing sirens echo throughout the whole entire neighborhood, but Felix cannot even hear them. He keeps his gaze on the ground, where he dropped the head that is no longer there anymore. He chews his nails apart like an anxious child, because that might be all he is. A child, hiding in Hyunjin's safe arms as cops surround his home.

"You didn't see anything, at all?" Minho drills Hyunjin.

"I told you this already." Hyunjin says in a very cocky voice. "We have absolutely nothing to say that you want to hear, so can you please stop drilling us and give us a goddamn moment to breathe?" He keeps Felix close to him.

Minho forms his lips into a straight line, sighing. He raises a dismissive hand, and backs away from the pair. He walks back to his car, jotting down the little bit of information he got. He has been questioning them, or more Hyunjin, since Felix cannot even muster up words, for so long now.

This is the first time he is meeting Felix's new interest, and it's because there was a crime scene at his front door on their date night. Hilarious, right?

He hates to admit it, but he feels something might be a bit wrong in this situation. On the night he has a date with this mysterious man, a body part with the words 'stop trying' carved into the forehead is at his door. He might be drilling the man extra hard, just because he feels off.

"Anything at all?" The voice of Jisung suddenly asks, as he is approaching Minho and tucking his note-pad into his back pocket.

Minho looks up at him, and shakes his head no. "I think I'm going to just leave the two of them alone for the night when it comes to the questioning. They seem really out of it— and I don't want to be any more of a nuisance after everything they just have experienced tonight."

"I think that's a good idea." Jisung says. "The two of them will probably be fucked up for a while. I was, when I saw the Etterson scene. I haven't even seen what went down here yet, and I don't think I want too based off of what I'm getting told happened."

"Yeah, I called in the crew after just hearing the call." Minho says. "Felix seemed so scared.." He looks over to the men, "His voice was shaking, and he was crying worse than I ever have heard him cry. When I got here, he just looked numb. That man, whoever he is, was probably the only thing keeping him sane while he was waiting for us."

His voice falters the more he speaks, watching the couple from afar. Hyunjin has his arms wrapped around Felix, as he holds him closer than he ever has. The officers gave them some blankets, and they have been huddled together ever since as they sit on the back of Jisung's truck.

"His name is Hyunjin, by the way." Jisung says, crossing his arms as his eyes go to the pair. "It might not mean anything, but Felix has been taking to him for a little while now. And he has been talking of him every day, all day long. He was so excited about tonight, it's so sad that this had to happen."

"Hyunjin." Minho repeats. "That's the lover boys name, huh?" He asks.

Jisung hums, but the sound of an engine humming is louder than his own. Jisung and Minho both turn in the direction of the sound, seeing a black truck pulling up, which parks sloppily— and Chan hops out in a hurry.

He looks around at the scene, mostly all the different people. He spots the set of two detectives and he runs up to the pair, with his eye brows furrowed. He crosses his arms, "Why in the world did nobody call me?"

Jisung steps up to the clearly tired, and probably really angry, boss of his. "We figured you were busy, or maybe asleep—" Jisung says, looking to Minho for backup as he shrugs.

"Yeah." Minho immediately nods in agreement, looking from Jisung to Chan.

Chan scoffs. "And that means what?" He asks, raising a brow. "I think when one of my detectives gets a threat like this at his own front door, I should be informed of it. No matter what— yeah?"

"Well we just—" Minho starts.

"I don't care—" He raises his voice, but his words stop suddenly.

Felix's arms wrap around Chan, which causes them all to shut their mouths— especially Chan. He quickly turns around, his face relaxing, and with a relieved expression he hugs Felix back almost immediately.

"Oh Lix, are you okay? You're not hurt, right?" He asks, but his eyes meet Hyunjin's as he looks over Felix. "You. It's you.. you had something to do with this didn't you? You prick." His eyes immediately go mad, and Hyunjin scoffs in disbelief at the sudden insanity.

"Am I really getting blamed right now? Seriously?" Hyunjin asks, a cocky smirk on his face as he looks to Minho and Jisung with disbelief. "I hope you know I'm fucked up too."

"Oh fuck off, Chan." Felix pushes him away, going back to Hyunjin's side as he interlocks their hands.

"What?" Chan asks, not sure why he just got shoved away.

"You're seriously jumping to conclusions like that, at a moment like this?" Felix says. His voice is still really shaky, not being fully recovered from the sobs he let out earlier. He is in such a picky mood right now, overstimulated.

"Oh shit..." Chan mumbles. "Im so sorry—"

"I want to leave." Felix suddenly states, sniffling. At his sudden words, everyone looks to him confused. He takes a deep breath, "Now, please? I just want to get out of here."

Hyunjin lightly pokes at Felix's waist, trying to steal his attention in a quieter way. Felix turns around at the subtle touch, looking at the older male and titling his head as a way of asking what he might need.

"Felix, I can't leave." Hyunjin says, in a quieter voice.

"Why not?" Felix mumbles back. "We will be so much safer there... together."

"I have Nabi, darling." Hyunjin says, "And what if there isn't enough room for three? Plus, I can't just leave right now, especially when she isn't at home. And I would have to pack all her things.. I just.. can't leave right now."

Felix looks up at him with glossy eyes, a worried expression shown on his face, before looking down at the ground with a sigh. "Okay, that's okay." He says. "You don't have to come with me."

"But I don't feel safe here, Felix." Hyunjin says, in a desperate tone. One Felix has never heard before.

Felix looks up with worry. He starts to frown, and looks behind him to Chan, before he looks back at Hyunjin. "I will try my best to work something out. If there is enough space for everybody at the safe house, I will get you out with me in a heartbeat. And if not, I'll get you someplace else. Just go to your brother's house for tonight with Nabi, and by morning I will have something sorted out. I promise."

"Okay, I trust you." Hyunjin says, planting a kiss on Felix's forehead. "I'll see you later, right?"

"Right."

Minho pulls onto a dirt road, which was blocked off by a metal gate— which he had to use a remote to open. The road, or what is supposed to be a road, is surrounded by miles and miles of land. All owned by the detective office, all covered in trees. This place is totally secluded, which is why they chose it.

"Where exactly are we?" Felix asks, still huddled up in a blanket even in the hot car.

"This is a safe house the station has, for situations exactly like now." Chan says. "It's a totally off the grid home, which is why it took so long to get here. You will be undeniably safe, so don't worry, please."

Minho pulls up to a big home, bigger than any home he's ever seen even, with a black exterior. It's a more modern home, but not the type of modern with a million windows on the outside. They are trying to stay safe, but not in an ugly house— of course.

Minho puts the car into park and unbuckles his seatbelt, which causes everyone else to do the same thing. One by one, all four of them climb out of the Suburban they were all riding in. As a group they approach the home, unlocking the big door. Minho hands Felix the keys as they all walk inside.

The home is beautiful, for a hide-a-way home. It had a huge foyer, with many doors that lead into many other parts of the home. They all walk straight, through the first door, which leads them into a living room and kitchen area. Both are big and beautiful, with marble counters and wooden floors.

Felix turns back to the group, mostly looking at Chan. "This is too special to be just a hide-a-way." The beautiful home has managed to drag Felix out of all the negative thoughts he has been stuck in, which is making everybody feel better.

"I'm not lying, it's just a hide-away." Chan says. "But we can't have it be unpleasant, so I made it this way myself."

"Oh." Felix says, turning back around on his feet. "Well, okay... regardless — I think I need to get some sleep...but I don't want to be alone." He says the last part quietly, but secretly hoped they heard.

"Well we all have to get back home Felix." Jisung says, catching his words. "Me and Minho have to go back to the station, and Chan is busy as well." He says, approaching the latter to give him a hug. "You will be okay here, I promise."

"Okay, Fine." Felix mumbles into Jisung's neck. "I guess I'll try." He raises his head up just a bit to reach Jisung's ear, "But If you can, get me a cat." He whispers.

Minho smiles to him, before he motions his head to Jisung— saying it's time to go. Jisung pulls away from Felix, giving him a little smile before detaching himself completely. He and Minho sneak out of the room, into the foyer. Since they are out of sight, they interlock hands as they exit the hide-a-way home

Chan clears his throat, catching the attention of Felix. "So, I'm pretty sure you can navigate the home yourself." He says. "However, just a few things before I go. One—the house is fully stocked. There's food, towels, clothes in every size, working WiFi, running water, electricity, and working satellite. You will be completely safe and sound here, I promise."

"Okay."

"Just call me, if you need anything— absolutely anything." Chan says. "Got it?"

"Got it."

"Good." He smiles, a bit bummed at the short answers— but what can he do? "I would love to stay and help you get comfortable, but I have been getting texts non-stop telling me to get home immediately. I really have to go."

"I'll be okay." Felix says, nodding slowly.

"Okay, goodnight Felix. I will be here first thing in the morning." He says, starting to walk out of the home. "Seriously, call me or anybody else if you need anything."

Felix nods his head, and Chan is almost out the door before Felix realizes something. He yells a 'wait' as he runs to the door, trying to catch Chan before he leaves. As he does so, the words Hyunjin said to him before he left echo through his distraught mind.

But I don't feel safe, Felix.

Chan turns around immediately, looking at Felix. "Yeah, what do you need?"

Felix stops at the French door splitting the foyer and living room. "I want Hyunjin here with me. He needs to be safe too, maybe a witness protection program. He was there when it happened, he is a witness. He is only next door as well, he could be in danger at any moment. And on our date night too? That—"

"Felix, that's ridiculous." Chan sighs, putting his hands on his hips.

"I don't care." Felix says, being a little harsh. "I want him with me in this house, where I know he is safe. Along with his daughter, too. Okay?"

Chan kind of falters at the mention of a daughter, and eventually he just sighs— a long, drawn out one. "Fine. I'll have him here by sun rise. I'll get them out of there as fast as possible. Is that what you'd like?"

"The sooner the better." Felix says, crossing his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 3K 22
After getting a dare from a friend, Hwang Hyunjin is convinced to make the usually quiet, shy boy Lee Felix fall in love with him. But after learning...
1.3M 58.9K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
327K 9.8K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
44.7K 1.4K 32
"still didn't lose your virginity, wanna lose it?" "f-fuck you Hwang" Felix was enjoying his life when suddenly he was forcefully married. After many...