Wish Upon A Star

Autorstwa gd_carpediem

Twenty-three-year-old, Sana Minatozaki, an idol and a member of a famous Kpop girl group meets an independent... Więcej

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

16

190 10 0
Autorstwa gd_carpediem

Jeongyeon's POV

9:30 PM

"Where are you going?!"

"Fck!"

"Jihyo! Wait!"

"Jihyo!"

"Park Jihyo!"

I shouted as soon as I get out of my car and slammed the door to chase Jihyo. We kissed and all of a sudden she just stop and hurriedly get out of the car. I run to follow her while buttoning the top button of my long sleeve polo. Chasing breathlessly, when I caught her up and prevent her from running away.

"Hey, what's wrong?", I grab her arm and pulled her to face me. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw her with tears. Jihyo was crying. I was suddenly worried about her. I'm about to wipe her tears but she just turned away so I couldn't touch her. She then quickly wiped her tears and tried to withdraw her arm from my grip but I didn't let her get away.

"Let go of me", she said weakly and still averting her eyes from me.

"No, I don't."

"Unless you tell me what the problem is."

"I said let go of me!", Jihyo let out a yell and we were both shocked for a moment. I was stunned and immediately came back into a trance and looked seriously at her. She isn't mad but her eyes were sad which made me more confused about what was happening right now. So I held both her arms and asked her calmly, "Tell me what's the problem?". She didn't answer me. Instead, she slowly removed my hands from her and keeping distance from me.

"Come on, how can I understand you if you're being like that?", I furrowed my eyebrows at her while trying to calm down.

"Jihyo, please talk to me?".

She closed her eyes for a second and tuck her hair behind her ears. She then looked at me with a blank expression.

"I'm sorry Jeong."

"It was just a mistake", she said in a low voice enough for me to hear it. I don't know what should I feel but I will admit that it hurts a little and at the same time, I felt pissed off about it.

"What mistake are you talking about?! Is it the kiss?!", I scoffed.

She looked down and become silent.

"Oh, come on, Jihyo! We both know it's not just a kiss–."

"We're drunk", she bluntly interrupted.

Because of that, I massage my temple and let out a heavy sigh then I take a deep breath to control my temper.

"Park Jihyo! Cleared up your mind!", I said emphatically.

"You think it's just a mistake?! We almost had sex! We aren't wasted. We're not drunk as fck if you think we don't know what we were doing earlier", I raised my voice at her and clenched my fists in annoyance. I saw that she was startled because I shouted at her. I cleared my throat and looked around if there are people here. It's a good thing there aren't any. I reach out her hand and apologized quickly.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to raise my voice", I said to her while holding her hand tightly.

"Take it back," I whispered.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me it's not just a mistake". My gaze which was focused on our hands went up to her face. Now, I'm staring at her and waiting for her to speak.

"Enough..please?"

"It wasn't just a simple kiss for me. I felt something on it and I know you feel the same way too, Jihyo."

"I said enough–."

"I like you." I finally said those words I can't even tell her.

I've had feelings for Jihyo and I don't know when it's started. My friends and I have talked about this but I just can't admit it to myself. Days passed and I finally convinced myself. It just happened that I couldn't tell her for some reason. But one thing I was so sure this feeling is genuine.

"No, this can't happen." She shook her head and removed my hand from hers then she takes one stepped back from me.

"W~What do you mean? We are always hanging out together. We always see each other. We have coffee, eat together, and drink at the bar the way we used to."

"And the kiss....."

So I just misunderstood everything? Fck!

"I thought you....Nevermind. I'm sorry for thinking that we feel the same way towards each other. I'm so stupid". I mumbled.

I didn't wait for her to speak and give response to what I said. I take one step forward to approach her and put the hoodie of her jacket on her to avoid being recognized by some people who will pass by around the area. I don't want her to be in trouble and be the subject of the headline news tomorrow because of this mess.

While I was fixing her jacket, Jihyo suddenly hug me and wrapped her arms around my neck. I wanted to hug her back but my mind said no that's why I just put my arms to my side and remain still.

"I like you, too", she whispered to me which give me a mini heart attack for her sudden confession. I smiled softly and then hug her back. I thought everything was nothing to her and don't have meaning at all. She kept quiet for a while so I thought she was done talking. But she hasn't finished yet and what happened next was unexpected. Jihyo started sobbing. It made me more anxious. I softly stroke her back to settle her down.

"I also have feelings for you but this is not the right time and I want you to understand me."

Stunned, I was speechless for a long moment. Some thoughts ran through my mind. Is it because of her career? I know she's too busy and has no time for this that's why I don't expect her to mind it all. She is also new in this kind of situation and maybe, she just like me but she is just not into me. I hugged her even more and a bitter smile formed on my lips. I'm on the verge of crying and I swallow a lump as I hold back my tears; not wanting to show weakness in front of her. For now, it's enough for me to know that she likes me too and I am glad about it.

"Let's go. It's cold here outside. I will take you home now", I removed my embrace and she did it as well. She took my arm and wiped her tears using my sleeve. I laughed softly because of that. She rolled her swollen eyes at me and just hit my arm then we go back to my car.

Jihyo's POV

We're already here in the parking area of the condo. When we got here, none of us were talking. The whole time I was spacing out as I remembered what happened between us earlier. From the moment we kissed until we argued. So I decided to talk to her again before I get out and leave her in the car. When I looked at Jeongyeon, she was already staring at me. I think she was waiting for me to say goodbye.

"Jeong...", I called her and she allow me to continue speaking. "Don't fall in love with me. Can you do that for me?". I know it will hurt her even more. It will be difficult for her to decide. And yet, I still asked her to do my favor.

"How will I do that? Why would I do that?", she replied and let out a deep sigh.

This is the first time we confessed. Of course, I was too stunned to speak at the time Jeongyeon said that she have feelings for me; that she likes me. But now, I'm going to tell her the reason why she shouldn't fall in love with me. Despite many reasons and difficulties, there is one thing I am concerned about.

"I'm still in love with my ex", I answered.

Of course, she was shocked by my revelation. The pain was written obviously over her face. There was sadness in her eyes and all of it was visible to see by my naked eyes. I was impressed that she still managed to form a smile on her lips and said, "It's okay. If I couldn't stop myself from falling for you or I already did fall in love with you, I will not ask for anything in return. Just let me love you and protect you."

I did not expect to hear it from her. Behind those words were full of sincerity and respect. Because of that, I cried again for the 3rd time. She immediately touched my cheeks and softly caressed them to wipe out the tears that keeps on flowing. Then, I noticed that she began to cry as well. Just like what she did to me, I also wiped her tears away. I held her face and I leaned forward to kiss her on the forehead.

"I have to go now. Thank you for taking me home. Goodnight, Jeongyeon", I said softly.

"Goodnight, Jihyo", she replied.

---

The next day......

In the middle of working in the restaurant. Tzuyu noticed that Jeongyeon was quiet and not being a jolly person today. Since it's afternoon, the busiest time, Jeongyeon should be the loudest person now in the kitchen. Full of jokes and sharing some funny stuff to lit up the mood of all the crew who prepared the orders of the customers.

All of a sudden, Tzuyu elbowed Chaeyoung who was minding her business baking a cake.

"Yah! What happened to her? Did she and Jihyo fight?". The tall girl asked her friend while cooking Samgyetang. Chaeyoung just shrugged because she didn't know anything. Once again, she elbowed Chaeyoung on the arm which made the girl flinch and groaned in annoyance.

"Tzuyah! You ruined my cake!", Chaeyoung whined. She looked at Jeongyeon and called the girl. "Jeong! Come here. Tzuyu wants to ask you something".

"Yah! I didn't ask you to call her!", Tzuyu complained.

"Because you are asking me about the things I didn't even know and you even ruined my cake for that".

"It was just an accident. I didn't mean—."

"Yes? What is it?", Jeongyeon force a smile as she approached her friends. She pretended like there was nothing that bothers her.

"You okay?", Tzuyu asked.

"Ye~yeah. I'm okay. Why?", Jeongyeon answered. She decided not to tell her friends about what happened between her and Jihyo since they are busy right now. Maybe, after work, she will be going to share it with her friends.

"Alright. I thought you were not...but nevermind. I'm just asking."

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were not convinced. They believe something is going on with their friend which made them worried. After that conversation, they go back to work and decided to talk to Jeongyeon after the shift.

---

10:00 pm

"Catch!", Tzuyu throw the canned beer to Jeongyeon and the girl quickly caught it right away. She also gives one to Chaeyoung. They went to the nearby store near the restaurant after work because Jeongyeon already felt the need to unwind.

"So what's up?", Tzuyu asked.

Jeongyeon didn't hesitate and answer the question right away. "I already confessed to Jihyo last night", she said then open the beer and take a sip of it. Chaeyoung accidentally spewed out the beer while Tzuyu stopped drinking her beer after what they heard.

"Congrats, Yoo!", Tzuyu tapped Jeongyeon from behind and sit beside the girl.

"Finally! That's the spirit Yoo Jeongyeon! What a brave human being you are", Chaeyoung ruffled Jeongyeon's hair and began giggling as she was amazed at her friend's confidence.

"How about Jihyo? Does she like you too?", Tzuyu raised her eyebrows and wait for her friend to answer her questions.

"Yeah", Jeongyeon simply answered, and her friends high-five each other when they heard about the good news. But the two were confused because Jeongyeon didn't look happy with that.

"Hey, what's the matter? Aren't you happy?", Chaeyoung asked.

"Of course, I am happy".

Jeongyeon was so sure she was the happiest knowing the girl she admired a lot have the same feelings towards her. With a million people drooling over Park Jihyo, most of them wanted to flirt and were brave enough attempting to court her. She's indeed famous after all. Among those people, Jeongyeon was beyond blessed. But there's one reason that made their story different and that makes her upset.

"She still in love with her ex."

Jeongyeon just laughed at that idea and the sadness was more dominant. It was obvious in her eyes. As soon as she heard it from Jihyo, she admitted to herself that she has nothing against Jihyo's past relationship. And the fact that Jihyo still has feelings for her ex and hasn't gone away makes her think she was already defeated. Besides, it was Jihyo's, first love.

"That sucks! She's a red flag! Stay out of it if you don't want to be her rebound." A loud whine escaped from Chaeyoung's mouth. Meanwhile, Tzuyu widened her eyes and began mumbling a word. It's not just a simple word, it is actually the name of Jihyo's ex-boyfriend.

"It's Hyung, Daniel?!".

"W~what?!", Jeongyeon frowned at Tzuyu.

"Jihyo's ex-boyfriend was my cousin?! Why I didn't know about it?! I mean I know that Hyung has a girlfriend before and they have been broke up two years ago. But I didn't bother to ask him the name since he wanted it to be private."

"Yah! Your doctor's name is Daniel, right?!." Chaeyoung slap Tzuyu on its arm. "Don't tell me, Doctor Kang Daniel is your cousin?!" Tzuyu nodded her head in response.

"Why you didn't tell us?", Jeongyeon was in great shock at the revelation.

"Didn't I mention it to you, guys?", Tzuyu caressed her nape while she was trying to recall whether she said it or not with them.

"No!", Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung said in unison.

"We didn't even know his face or met him before. All we know is your parents and you just introduced them to us through Skype."

For a long time they all have been friends, Tzuyu's parents have only talked to Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon thrice since her parents are very busy people.

"Can you show me what your cousin looks like?", Chaeyoung requested.

Tzuyu took her phone out of her pocket and searched if she have a picture together with her cousin. She sigh in relief when she saw one.

"Here", she said and handed the phone to Chaeyoung.

Jeongyeon glanced to see the man's face and mumbled, "He's handsome".

"Yah!", Chaeyoung laughed at Jeongyeon's reaction.

"Why? It's true", the girl admitted. "Look at Tzuyu, that kind of face, it runs in their blood." Jeongyeon took the last sip of her beer then aim it and shoot the can into the trash. Tzuyu looked at her friend and put her arm on Jeongyeon's shoulder. "I'm sorry. I thought Daniel was just joking around. We all know, everyone likes Jihyo as their bias. They even say that the GodJihyo is their girlfriend. So I thought he's like them." Tzuyu awkwardly laughs and shut her eyes at her own idea wherein fact she thinks herself stupid for not taking that seriously about what her cousin said to her before.

"No, it's fine with me. Don't worry about it", Jeongyeon smiled.

"But we will not allow you to be her rebound. It's fine with us if you just like her but if you fall in love with Jihyo, I think we're not fine with it. Come on, It will be a serious matter if that happen." Chaeyoung stood up and walked toward the trash and throw the can.

Silence prevailed around them. Another heavy sigh escaped from Jeongyeon. She fidgeted in her seat while looking down at the ground.

"I think I'm already in love with her", she whispered.

"We already kissed". She continued but she decided not to tell in detail what happened between her and Jihyo last night.

"What the fck! Yah!", Chaeyoung blurted out and then looked at Tzuyu who was not saying anything and just smile while staring at the stars above. "Seriously? You're not going to say anything?", she said to Tzuyu with a disappointed face.

"What can we do about it? Cupid already hit the arrow through her heart. I guess Jihyo was going to be her first love and not Im Nayeon." Tzuyu let out a giggle and then face Chaeyoung who doesn't know what shall react with her friends.

"I'm in trouble." Jeongyeon had a serious look on her face.

"I like this trouble". She start laughing suddenly and intensely at what she said. Even though she knew she would have a hard time and was not sure how it will end up. For her, the important is her feeling for Jihyo even if it is not reciprocated. Chaeyoung just shook her head and looked at Jeongyeon in disbelief while Tzuyu was simply smiling about it.

"Am I crazy?", Jeongyeon asked them with a laugh.

"Yes, you are!", Chaeyoung annoyingly said while Tzuyu chuckled.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please vote and support. ❤️❤️❤️

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

19.1K 847 44
"Don't!" Mina quickly interjects and moves her face slightly sideward, away from Chaeyoung's hand. "Stop right there. Everything about you makes me w...
8.7K 793 13
They're a one peculiar group but these peculiars are set to save the world from danger. [Twice x Female Reader]
211K 6.2K 95
Son Chaeyoung is a college student and the only daughter of the CEO of Son Group of Companies. She had a tragic love story with her first love dying...
9K 376 37
Whereas Chou Tzuyu meets a Japanese girl called Myoui Mina who uses her to get back at her ex, Tzuyus feels pissed off and breaks up with the Japanes...