Their little star

By RyuuLu

If there is one thing Skye is sure about, the one thing she has come to learn, is that there are people out t... More

Melinda
Melinda
Maria
Phil
Phil
Victoria
Natasha
Maria
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Skye
Skye
Natasha
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Maria
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Victoria
Skye
Jemma
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Jemma
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Skye
Melinda
Bonus Chapter
Skye
Pepper
Skye
Skye
Melinda
Melinda
Skye
Jemma
Skye

Melinda

410 14 1
By RyuuLu

The sudden attack happens in a flash, Skye had been walking towards her when one of the people they have been tailing, decides to attack, their attention on Skye for some reason. At the sound of the gun shoot, she pulls her own gun, quickly turning. From the corner of her eyes, she can see that Coulson and Ward are pulling their own weapons to. Three more shoots are being fired off and the man goes down.

Turning towards the spot Skye should be standing, or have fallen, there is no one. Which makes Melinda grow worried, not being able to see her. She can see that FitzSimmons are trying to locate their friend too.

"Well, fancy seeing you hanging around up here."

At the voice of Ghost Spider, Melinda turns her head, eyes landing on a Skye, hanging upside down in a lamp post, Ghost Spider sitting on it.

"Ghost Spider! You put me down right now!"

Skye calls out, her arms crossed, and she tries to look at her spider themed hero friend. Understanding what happened, Melinda calms down, the calm doesn't last long however when she can feel people coming towards them. Turning her head, her eyes lands on a group of police officers coming towards them and she rolls her eyes.

"Ghost, put her down."

Melinda orders, turning to look at Ghost Spider, who has now realised that the police are coming their way. She quickly helps Skye down to the ground and Jemma is by her friend's side within seconds, to make sure she is alright. Ghost makes a swift jump over their heads to stand by the man who had attacked them, kicking him slightly with her foot.

"GHOST SPIDER!"

One of the officers calls out, making Ghost turn to look at the group, their guns pulled and pointing towards her. Melinda is about to move forwards, but at the sound of Skye's voice from behind her, she keeps her stand.

"I would pick my next words very careful their captain Stacy!"

At her voice, the captain, turns his head, eyes landing on Skye and Melinda can see how he let's out a deep sigh, lowering his gun.

"Weapons down."

He orders his officers, there are a few complaints and the man who Melinda now realises is the one she was talking to the night before looks at them.

"Lower them, the moment we put handcuffs on her, they will be off again, it's no use."

He points out, and this time they follow the orders.

"I mean, they can always try, it would be fun to see how it turns out."

Ghost comments and Skye rolls her eyes, moving from Simmons and walking towards him. Melinda can see that she is making sure to walk carefully, keeping close to Ghost once she reaches the other girl.

"Don't, this isn't helping your case, Ghost."

Skye comments, making sure to keep her eyes on the police, who is now looking around themselves.

"What happened here?"

Captain Stacy finally asks, his eyes landing on the knocked out on the ground.

"S.H.I.E.L.D mission."

Skye answer swiftly, putting an end to the discussion, Melinda can see that the man in front of her wish to make a comment about it but keep silent. She might just tell the man what happens later on, she will need to talk to him either way to see if he has learned anything about the foster family Skye had.

"Yeah, what would expect when it's her."

Ghost comments and Skye hits her this time around, in a try to keep her silent.

"Ouch, what was that for?"

"Keep silent, the three of... I take that back, the four of us know fully well that you are just digging your own grave. I didn't see you back there Gideon."

Skye starts to explain, only to see someone waving their hand in the back. Captain Stacy nods his head as an answer to what Skye is saying and it's clear to Melinda now that Skye have been spending enough time around this man to be comfortable around him.

"Well, since we are talking about stuff like this..."

Ghost starts once more, moving towards the captain to get away from another hit from Skye.

"We both know when something is wrong with her, and I know you have realised that there is something that isn't right."

Ghost tells the police captain, she's keeping her voice low as she speaks, but Melinda can still hear her. Hearing what the woman he has been trying to arrest for a while now is saying, captain Stacy's eyes turn towards Skye, and they narrow.

"I'm fine."

Skye tells him, rolling her eyes, but it doesn't help her case as Stacy crosses his arms.

"I thought I made it clear, that word is band."

The captain points out, which makes even Melinda roll her eyes, only to realise that Ghost Spider have moved from Skye and the police captain and is now standing beside her.

"By now, I presume you have figured out who I really am, so I will call later to learn how all of this ends."

Ghost Spider whispers, and Melinda nods her head, which is enough for Ghost to head out.

"Yes, but..."

Skye starts to say, only for the captain to hold up his hand to stop her.

"No buts, we have been over this multiple times. I'm fine isn't an answer and so isn't I'm good."

Captain Stacy points out and Melinda can only agree with him. She makes sure to move slightly to the side, mostly so she can keep a close eye on Skye. She knows that this is a man that both Skye, Natasha, Clint and Maria trust, but she has only spoken to this man once and she have seen what a hurt Skye is and what it takes to get her back into track. Skye is rolling her eyes, crossing her arms at being told off and the captain moves forwards.

"Skye, I'm just worried about you, we have always been."

Captain Stacy starts to say, and Skye's head lowers.

"You are aware that my wife wanted to adopt you since the moment you entered our home. But we also know how much you needed your siblings in that moment, so we were happy to stay on the side line and be back up for when you needed it. I know how you; Gwen and your siblings joke about the two of you being siblings to, seeing how the three of them have more or less adopted her as a little sister too. But know this, I see you as one of my own just as much as I see Gwen, we might have different wives and gods knows how many times we have argued over Ghost Spider, but that comes with the family."

The man says and Melinda can see tears starting to form in Skye's eyes and to everyone's surprise, she is the one that takes a step forward and hugs the man. Even if Skye have been growing more comfortable around Fitz and Ward and was fine with Coulson when she first joined, she still made sure to keep them on a distance and never let any of them touch her. And here she is, holding on to the police captain as if her life is depending on it. The police captain hugs Skye back.

"You do know that we have surveillance evidence that Ghost Spider is innocent right?"

Skye decides to ask, as Melinda looks towards Coulson and then towards the still knocked out man on the ground. Happy that her old friend is able to still read some of her questions. He orders Ward to grab the man before waving towards FitzSimmons to follow them.

"You have what?"

"Please tell me you were aware of the school installing cameras, right?"

"They were talking about it, but a large part of the parents study body went against it so..."

Melinda can see that Skye is rolling her eyes and letting out a deep sigh.

"Well, call Ria, ask for the evidence and she will hand it over to you."

Skye informs him and Melinda can see that the older man isn't happy to have their conversation changed and as he crosses his arms, Melinda smiles as she sees how Skye makes a small face over it all.

"Don't worry, everything is being handled. If I find myself in trouble, I will call you."

Skye tells him, clear to Melinda that is her try to get out of all of this and she decides to take this opportunity to step forwards.

"Don't worry sir, I'm making sure she is being safe."

Melinda points out and the man looks at her and after a few seconds he nods his head. Seeing how captain Stacy turn around, calling out new orders to his officers, Skye waves her hand towards the one that she had pointed out later on. Melinda places a hand on Skye's shoulder, and she can fell how Skye starts to relax under her hand.

"I need to sleep!"

Skye points out and Melinda shakes her head.

"Come on, I know Simmons made a quick look to see if you are alright, but I want her to make a proper look, then you can rest."

Melinda informs her and Skye nods her head, which surprises her. She wasn't expecting Skye to agree with her on something like this, but when she looks at Skye's face, she can see just how tired the young woman is.

"Come on."

Melinda orders, starting to push Skye towards the direction of where they left the BUS. She is moving slowly, and Melinda starts to wonder if she is just acting like this so she wouldn't have to deal with what ever might come crashing down on her once they get back to the BUS. She can fully understand why Skye is this worried, Coulson was not happy when she, Skye and Simmons had returned around lunch time, and due to this mission, he didn't have time to ask what was going on.

"Can't I just head for the tower and stay there for a few days?"

"Sadly, I don't think that will do much for you, besides, do you just want to leave Simmons behind like that?"

"That is low, I would have expected something like that from Clint, but not from you."

Skye comments and Melinda rolls her eyes, figuring she should have expected that comment. She can see a smile growing on Skye's face now, a smile that dies down when they get closer towards the BUS and from this distance, she can see that Coulson is already waiting for them. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794 35 7
❝ they're gonna watch me disappear into the sun . . . ❞ [ a marvel fanfiction ] [ agents of s.h.i.e.l.d ] [ full des...
136K 3.5K 50
» Book 1 « » undergoing some editing « The world is constantly evolving and we're just barely beginning to discover what threats lurk in the depths...
539 13 6
Natasha Romanoff, Maria Hill, Wanda Maximoff and Daisy Johnson. In Greek mythology it is said that humans used to roam Gaia with two faces, four arms...
3.5K 68 4
Marcus is send on a mission to capture Adam, Bree and Chase. Better said, that's what Douglas wants everyone to think. The truth is that he knows Mar...