Labyrinth // Rhaenyra Targary...

By rissarosewrites

Taelon was the first son, the heir of Viserys Targaryen but he was chaos, raging thunder in the capitals smoo... More

1. Fuck You Too
2. Nicer Than You
3. Wishful Thinking
4. Impunity
5. Rhae
6. Whip Your Ass
7. Failed
8. Love Bug
9. The Heir
10. Tommen
11. Glorious Purpose
12. Competition
13. Singsong
14. Three's a crowd
15. Pulse
16. Unleash the Butterflies
17. Hips
18. Wake Up
19. Let them Live
20. Labyrinth
21. Irresponsible and Irresistible
22. Sneaky
23. Chaos
24. Tits, obviously
25. Don't Grow a Conscience
26. Irony
27. Tripping Over Air
28. Surprise
29. Irrational Ideas
30. I Don't Give A Damn About my REPUTATION!
31. Runestone
32. Thorin
33. No Go
34. Distant
35. Kiss Me Now
36. Separation Anxiety
37. Deeply
38. Wet
39. Let Me Worship You
40. Cheeky
41. Live In Love
42. Please
43. Ruined
44. There is No Us
45. Lightning
46. Thunder
47. Promise Me
48. About Damn Time
49. Someone's Everything
50. Erebor
51. She Was His
52. Avoid Forever
53. Get Help
54. Secrets
55. All Seven Hells
56. Take it Off
57. Guilty
58. Damn Duck
59. Eager
60. Just One
61. Ode To Mum
62. Strengthen the Line
63. Dragon Hunt
64. He's Perfect & We Shall Wed!
64. He's Perfect and we shall Wed!
65. Does It Hurt?
66. Family Affair
67. Dread
68. Aegon is a Shit
69. I Bet You Fucked His Wife
70. Vicious Petty Lies
72. Wish
73. Lost
74. Don't Deserve The Honor
75. Heroes & Villains
76. Crowns & Truths

71. Break His Heart

2.5K 117 14
By rissarosewrites

''It is Lord Blackwood's contention, therefore, that the Brackens moved the boundary stones in the dead of the night and put their horses to graze in his field.'' Lyonel declared

''Why was this issue not brought before Lord Grover? Has he grown so feeble he cannot settle a quarrel over rocks?'' Alicent countered.

''I've heard tale that Lord Grover's son now rules Riverrun in all but name.'' Jasper wylde remarked

''Well, he is also a Tully and this remains a Tully problem.'' Alicent told them all.

''I would agree." Taelon remarked. "But a pal of mine is in the riverrun, I can see what needs to be done, if it cant be handled quickly."

"Wonderful." Alicent agreed as Taelon held to Nyra's hand. ''Then, if we may move on, my lords...''

''And yet, the Brackens and the Blackwoods will use any excuse to spill each other's blood. So... this dispute bears looking into. There will be country folk who know where the lines have been drawn for generations.''

''That is easy enough.'' Lyonel agreed ''Of course. Ser Tyland.'' Taelon still had to speak with Lyonel he was, unhappy with Tommen and Harwin. Harwin hadnt thrown a single punch yet he stood up for Tommen.

''Uh, we should address the latest developments in the Stepstones, my lords" Tyland said with a sigh.

''Will we ever be done of that blasted place?'' Viserys murmured

''If you ask me, I think the Blackwoods have the upper hand.''

''No. We've moved on to the Stepstones, Lord Beesbury.'' Alicent told them "Taelon already said he would reach out."

''And the Triarchy's new alliance with Dorne.'' Tyland went on louder.

''I was hoping our negotiations with Sunspear might persuade them to see reason.'' Viserys said with a cough ''To trust a Martell is to be disappointed.''

"I think we need to get the stepstones under control, again I have friends in high and low places I can reach out." Taelon remarked. Viserys thought that Taelon would be a good leader when the time came. He was certainly popular with all the realms and all the regions. Seemed to have friends everywhere. It was a good trait to have in a king.

''And where, I wonder, is our Prince Daemon? Or I suppose I should call him King, as he styled himself when he won a battle there... once.'' Jasper offered.

"Pentos last I heard." Taelon remarked. "And he is no king."

''That was a decade ago and he has since left the region undefended. '' Alicent reminded them.

''We have left it undefended. There should've been fortifications built, watchtowers, a fleet of ships, a garrison of soldiers sent to hold our ground.'' Rhaenyra countered.

''We cannot afford it." Alicent corrected ''Our coffers are great, but not infinite. We must consider the cost to our subjects.''

''I must agree.'' Viserys remarked.

''The cost of war is greater.'' Rhaenyra countered ''But we have been lax and the old monster now lifts its head.''

''My future queen." Taelon declared fondly as he kissed Nyra's head. Viserys coughed out gasping for breath. "Perhaps we end for today... we can always discuss more now that father knows I am capable of leading while he retires to more important matters."

"Thank you Taelon." Viserys agreed "Retire for the night with a good book, that sounds lovely."

''Wait. I wish to speak.'' Nyra declared

''Be seated.'' Viserys agreed softly.

''I have felt the... strife... between our families of late, my Queen. And for any offense given by mine, I apologize.'' Nyra began as she held tight to Taelon's hand. ''But we are one house. And long before that, we were friends.'' Rhaenyra offered. ''Our son Thorin will inherit the Iron Throne after Taelon." Taelon stared back at her. He had wondered about heir naming but thought Emma or perhaps Jace would be named their heir. But hearing Nyra declare Thorin their heir made his heart swell.

"I propose we betroth him to your daughter, Helaena. Ally ourselves... once and for all.'' Viserys smiled happily ''Let them rule together one day.''

''A most judicious proposition.'' Viserys agreed. Taelon leaning into Nyra.

"Emma will not be happy about that." Taelon mused. "But Thorin surely will."

''Additionally, if Syrax brings forth another clutch of eggs, your son Aemond will have his choice of them, uh... a symbol of our goodwill.'' Rhaenyra went on. Taelon was speechless.

''My dear... a dragon's egg is a handsome gift.'' Viserys agreed

''The King and I thank you for your offer... we shall discuss it more." Alicent agreed locking eyes with Taelon.

"Thorin is smitten with your Helaena." Taelon assured. "And I would love for Aemond to finally get a dragon."

"Thank you both." Alicent agreed. "We will consider it throughly."

"Lord Strong... might we speak?" Taelon asked as Alicent helped Viserys out.

"I really need to speak with your father." Lyonel corrected. "Excuse me my prince."

"But-' Taelon sighed staring after him.

Viserys sat with a sigh when he got to his chambers as Alicent put a blanket over his lap.

''I do not need the blanket...' Alicent gave it to him anyways.

''The Hand, Your Grace.'' Criston remarked

''The King is resting.'' Alicent corrected. She wasnt too happy with Criston, shouting such accusations about her son. A mockery of all of them while drunk.

''I will see him.'' Viserys corrected.

''Lean forward.'' Alicent demanded fluffing his pillow.

''I'm being endlessly fussed over, Lyonel.'' Viserys remarked ''It's a wonder I can visit the privy alone.''

''Your Grace.''

''What might this errand be about, Lord Lyonel?''

''Your Grace, I feel... I have come to resign my position as Hand of the King. The episode in the tavern. My son Tommen has disgraced himself and every fishwife in King's Landing will soon be telling the tale.'' Lyonel told them.

''Young Tommen's outburst was unfortunate, it's true. But he's been expelled from the City Watch. That seems punishment enough.'' Viserys told him

''Forgive me, Your Grace, it is not.'' Lyonel told them sadly.

''You have served me faithfully for many years, 10 as Hand. Your advice has been sage, unmarked by self-interest... which stands in contrast to all others.'' Viserys assured

''You speak kind words... but there is a shadow over my house and it grows... ever darker. I can no longer serve you with integrity.'' Lyonel told him solemnly.

''What is this shadow? Name it, if it casts such a gloom.'' Viserys offered. Alicent wished he wouldnt though. She wasnt surprised that Viserys hadnt heard of the details or if he did he was blind to it.

''I cannot.'' Lyonel told him and Alicent let out a relived breath.

''Then I cannot accept this.'' Viserys corrected.

''My king-" Lyonel countered.

''I said no!'' Viserys spat.

''If you insist, my King.'' Lyonel said softly

''I do. You will continue in your service to the crown.'' Viserys said through a deep breath.

''I would then ask leave to take my sons from court and escort him back to the family seat at Harrenhal. Harwin is my heir and will be lord of Harren's castle one day. It is time he assumed his duties there.'' Lyonel remarked. "Tommen, its past due he found a wife. Got some distance and... became his own man... I think Harwin and Tommen could bond and grow together."

"Taelon really won't like that." Alicent corrected.

"It is the only way." Lyonel begged.

''Do it'' Viserys agreed sitting back down. ''Aren't you gonna help me?'' Viserys mused looking to an annoyed Alicent.

+

''I took the liberty of beginning without you, Your Grace. It seemed a sin to let such a pie grow cold.'' Larys remarked as Alicent sat across from him

''You did wisely, Lord Larys.'' Alicent agreed ''Though you had no such worry about the wine, surely.''

''Meat without wine is also a sin.''

''Mm.'' Alicent agreed

''It's been my duty to tell you of happenings about the castle, but tonight you know, and I do not.''' Larys told her ''The King had an audience with my father.''

''He attempted to resign his post.''

''I thought as much. His honor's always been a millstone about his esteemed neck. Interesting you said "attempted"?'' Larys remarked

''My lord husband refused to accept.''

''Truth has many flavors, Your Grace. Do you expect the King to doom his son, his heir to exile, or even...'' Larys silenced himself as the door opened

''Talya, not now.'' Alicent said and she headed right back out.

''It's a willful blindness, the King.'' Larys said as the door closed. ''I mean, you'd surely suffer the same affliction, if it came to it.'' Alicent glared back at him. Alicent loved Aemond, what did he know? Did he believe it? Would she be hurt would aemond? Alicent's mind raced as she focused on her glass in front of her.

''Lord Lyonel is to escort Ser Harwin and Ser Tommen back to Harrenhal to watch over his seat whilst he continues to serve as Hand.'' Alicent informed him stiffly. It will break Taelon's heart.

''But the Hand is compromised by the acts of his son... Tommen and Harwin always had a temper and Tommen has a flare for dramatics. My father... cannot give unbiased counsel to the King.'' Larys said confidently.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 3.1K 53
Vaera Targaryen had a strange fascination with larys strong. šŸ‰ "The kind makes me scared. The kind that takes my breath away and leaves me without...
122K 3.9K 44
Rhaegar Targaryen is the only son of Aemma and Viserys Targaryen, Heir to the Iron Throne, but many don't wish him to lead even his father has his d...
310K 13.6K 77
Ara Targaryen would have been labeled a bastard if it wasnt for her twin brother Daeron. Eyes as green as the forest and hair dark like her mothers...
73.6K 3.2K 62
Vaera Targaryen wasnt going to be pushed around. She was taking control of her life and the men in it. šŸ‰ "We are a half written story without any...