27. Tripping Over Air

"Why didn't he tell us?" Nyra asked as they walked back.

"Doesnt want to admit it's Laena?" Taelon offered leaning against the frame of Nyra's door. She hesitated to open it, knowing the night would end. She stared back at him hoping, expecting, but he just smiled down at her.

"Do you.... want to come in?" Nyra asked her hand on the doorknob, it was cold to the touch but she felt an overwhelming sense of warmth looking at Taelon.

"Yeah." Taelon agreed but kissed her cheek and headed to his own chambers. She watched him go as her hand dropped from the handle before deciding that no, no, no that just wouldnt do. She pushed open her door and looked through her nightdresses.

Why didnt she have anything sexy? Why were they all so bland? Why so long? She could cut it she supposed, how short though, what was too obvious and what was more natural? Oh this, it was just buried under type of sexy accident. She must have tossed clothes around for a better portion of an hour before settling on one.

Nyra slipped it on and stared back at her reflection. It wasnt mind-blowingly beautiful, or sexy but it was thin, shorter, just a smidgin of lacey trim. She took the pins out of her hair debating on slightly messy like she tried and failed to fall asleep so found him or if the just took her hair down, little waves framing her face after her hair was stuck in a bun was better. she fluffed at her hair but it remained very lacking in volume.

Nyra knew she should know better, she should have knocked but she also knew that Tommen and Taelon and their most recent women usually told her to come in regardless of their lack of clothing.

With his sketchpad in his lap Nyra thought for a moment he was naked. The women were somewhere and she wasnt invited. He looked up as he heard the door creak.

'Figured I would be seeing you tonight." taelon remarked and he moved the slightest and she saw the shortest, snuggest of shorts gripping his large thighs and hips.

"You going to stand there or close the door and come here?" Taelon asked and Nyra closed the door, moving to him. She tried to walk as the older girls did, a sway of her hips, trying to be seductive or sultry but it didnt work and she felt ridiculous.

"That new?" Taelon asked and Nyra felt triumphant once again as she slid in next to him.

"This old thing?" Nyra mused wrapping a hand around his waist as he lifted his arm allowing her closer. "Who's that?" Nyra asked. It was the same on she had seen before but this time a hand, she assumed his hand was reaching out in the picture, hand cupping the lucky illustrated womans breast.

"Dream girl." Taelon offered simply. Nyra ran her finger back and forth from his muscled stomach and the shorts gripping him. "You look tired.' Taelon remarked putting his sketchbook aside as he moved down the bed.

"I guess." Nyra agreed, curling closer to him. He blew out the candle and felt Nyra's pinky finger slip under his shorts. Running along the very bottom of his stomach, her finger moving along the line of hair that ran from his belly button down.

"Night Nyra." Taelon whispered kissing the top of her head.

"Night Tael." She echoed closing her eyes, listening to the sound of his steady heartbeat, lulling her to sleep.

Nyra had done this once before. She had been in Taelons bed his arms around her many times but only one other time had she straddled him and felt his hands grip her. Plunge inside her pull and tease at her body. She chickened out every other time but not today. They were getting a new queen. To be announced in the morrow so when she woke and saw Taelon she knew she had to try again. See if his body moved with hers as it before.