Trust

By vawm_yawne

"I'm not like them." "You've been working with them all this time, haven't you?!" "NO! I've been working agai... More

One: Arrival
Two: First Walking
Three: Separated
Four: Omaticaya Clan
Five: Some Teachings
Six: The White Light
Seven: Make It Quiet
Eight: Mate
Nine: Ceremony
Ten: First Kill
Eleven: Backstabber
Twelve: Kill Him
Thirteen: Fire
Fourteen: Tree Of Life
Fifteen: Let Her Die
Seventeen: Acceptance
Eighteen: Kxamtxomaw, After Midnight
Nineteen: Detaching

Sixteen: Beginning Of A Journey

2.5K 76 10
By vawm_yawne

"Baby? Is everything...?" His words droned off, my knife lowering from my hair as I looked back at him with a small hum. Tying up the two short bun like spiky ponytails. "Is something the matter love?"

"You're... wearing our clothes." He whispered, looking at the clothes and back at my hair. My fingers placed on my stomach, in thought. "Yes... I thought it was time for a change... I hope it's not bad-"

"No! It- it looks great, I just didn't think you would want to wear them." I smiled at hearing him with a soft hum, looking at the reflective crystal. "Mo'at honestly helped me pick this out, so I could be more apart the clan without feeling self conscious."

I admitted, watching him walk up behind me. His hand brushing the long braid of the bond over my shoulders and placing a kiss on my neck. "You are a walking goddess. Now, are you ready to leave?"

"How long with this trip take?"

"A week maybe. It's not a long journey, but it's a bit of a trip." I hummed softly, a shame... It won't be that long... I nodded to him, turning my head to kiss his cheek and leaving his arms. "Then, what are we waiting for?"

Mo'at was waiting for me when I left the room with Tsu'tey behind me. She smiled at me, taking my hand in hers. "It fits you well 'ite."

"'Ite...?"

"It means daughter." Tsu'tey answered, making me look back at him for a moment before looking at Mo'at who was staring at me with such kind eyes. A warm, motherly look in them. She was proud of me... But why? What have I done? I don't think I did anything of importance.. All I've done... is...

"I can see that doubt swirling in your eyes daughter." Mo'at said, grabbing my chin and forcing me look away from her the ground. Staring ahead, trying to raise my head with pride. "What is troubling you?"

"Why do some call me Tsahìk?" She hummed, seeming to smile at me still. I didn't understand, did she approve...? But... Why? I was an outsider! Surely, they can't want someone like me to play such an important role. "It seems some are seeing your true nature come to light?"

"What are you talking about Mo'at?"

"Your devotion. Your kindness. You pray to Eywa, we all see it, you pray to your Espirit, you guide us in the right directions we need to be and you always out everyone above yourself. The true qualities of a Tsahìk."

"B-but Neytiri..." I whispered, feeling like my shoulders were getting too heavy. Like the weight was back on his shoulders from when Leva told her that she would have to be the one to save everyone from those humans. "Neytiri is strong, yes. She is a wonderful warrior ther would make an excellent leader. But she is not Tsahìk material, she is not spiritual ready."

"A-and I am?" She nodded with a smile as I sat in shock. I remembered there was a time that she seemed to not be able to stand me... But now? Willingly helping me to find a safe place, accepting me in a role of Tsahìk! "But only when you're ready, until then, let's protect our home."

I nod, turning to Tsu'tey who kissed my knuckles before leading to where Sun was standing with the rest of the direhorses. Nakjad whined, crawling toward me and I put my hand on his bottom fin. "Not this time buddy, you need to rest."

He made a sad sound, making me falter a bit before shaking my head. I needed to stay strong. "Look, buddy, you're exhausted. We've been flying daily, you need rest. I don't know how long we'll be gone which means I don't know how long you'll be flying."

He lowered his body more, seeming defeated. "I know you want to come buddy, maybe next time. But how about you watch the younglings over for me! It would really help."

Nakjad is very smart, the smartest I've seen from ikran. Of course they all listened their riders that they're bonded with... I don't know, it just felt Nakjad was.. more. Or maybe I'm biased because that's my ikran. He left, climbing over where the younglings usually sleep and rested there. "Perhaps you should be a trainer for new hunters."

Tsu'tey mused with a soft chuckle, smiling at me and I rolled my eyes playfully before making my way over to Sun. I swung on his back, Sun standing up with a proud growl. "Lead the way Tsu, I'm right behind you."

He gave out a small cry that caught the attention of the riders that would be joining us in the trip. They whooped back, getting ready as I saw Tsu'tey hand raise. My body lowered slowly on Sun's saddle. He let out a low coo, my hand gently patting his cheek. One of my hands slowly lowered the headpiece the rider's mask to cover my eyes. Just in case Sun was to take off, he can very fast. Sun's claws lightly played with the ground, digging in the grass before pulling back. Tsu'tey hand moved from the raised position to pointing forward, the rest of us taking off running at the signal.

Toruk took off in the air, leaving to get the other clans with Jake on the beast's back. I feel sorry for his ikran... Left back for the creature that didn't accept him, left alone so Jake could force the bond on another.

Tsu'tey spared me a glance as I rode by his side, smiling at me. I smiled back, keeping my body tucked behind Sun's head. Keeping my body low to Sun so I couldn't get slapped by any branches. I won't let you take away my home Parker.

"Let's take a breather here and rest, we'll continue in the morning." Tsu'tey spoke as he slowed his direhorse to a stop. The others in party slid off, beginning to set up camp as Tsu'tey made his way over to me. Holding out his hand for my own. "Everything okay Tsu? We could've travelled for a bit more, the sun isn't down yet."

"We're going to need all the rest, once we leave the forest it's open fields. Not much place to hide and sleep from anything hunting in the nights." I nodded, sliding off of Sun's back after grabbing his hand. He smiled, kissing my cheek gently. "We'll be there soon my love, I promise."

"I don't doubt you Tsu." I just wonder if they're really going to join us...? Would they need to? Technically, this is not their fight... Our clans back home wouldn't help each other, we hated each other! I hope the clans here are not like that...

"Tsahìk, can you do the honors?" One of the warriors asked, almost nervous and I looked back at them confused. Sparing a glance to Tsu'tey who chuckled, kissing the top of my forehead. "Like Mo'at said, they look up to you baby."

"Wh-what do they want me to do?"

"Lead them in prayer." He said with a smile, mentioning his hand to the hunters that were kneeled down by the camp they built up. With food that was already packed for the trip in their hands, golden eyes looking up to watch me.

How... How did I become such an importance to the clan...?

"Eywa..." How do I even begin...? These are the clan, they want me to pray for them? My prayers to Ewya have been me fumbling around, asking for guidance! I don't... I... "Continue to watch over us during the journey, pray that we find the help we need, to protect our family, our home. May we finish this journey quickly and safe."

"To Ewya." Tsu'tey said with a smile, raising the water skin. The others repeating it, raising their water skins and I gave a soft smile.

"You... are not... alone."

My ears flicked, lowering my hands with the meat in and looking back in the forest. The laughter of the viperwolves echoed in the night. It was dark, only able to see the bioluminescent in the night. "Is everything alright my love?"

Tsu'tey asked, placing a hand on mine. Nothing else... I couldn't see anything else. I looked back with a small smile and shook my head, taking another bite of my food.

There were small conversations from the other riders, talking about their families, about their mates, just small conversation. It was nice to see, especially after the devastating fall of Home Tree. "I wonder, if our children will have your eyes."

Tsu'tey hummed as he leaned over, brushing one of the long strands of hair left from where I had cut my hair. My cheeks got hot from his words, looking over at him with wide eyes. "T-Tsu!"

"I'm only wondering." He said with a smile, gently cupping my cheek and I rolled my eyes playfully at him. My eyes looked up at the trees, sighing softly at the fresh air filling my lungs. My eyes fluttering closed as I let my mind drift.

"Leva?" I spoke softly, appearing on the second level this time; gracefully jumping down to make my way to the Espirit still resting on the ground. My hand carded through her fur, putting my head on hers. "Talk to me Leva, how do I make this better...? I'm right here, please don't leave me."

She shifted under me, my body leaning back quickly to watch her place a shaky paw on the ground. Her body violently shaking, seeming to weak to hold her own weight before crashing back to the ground. "Oh! Oh! You moved Leva, you're getting better!"

I exclaimed happily, hugging her carefully. Trying melt best to contain my excitement so I don't accidentally hurt her. She let out a barely audible sound, some smoke leaving her nose. "You... are not... alone."

She whispered, repeating what she warned me before. But I was surprised. How did she know that...? "B-but I didn't see anything!"

She cough, head falling back to the ground. I gently placed a hand against her head, gently rubbing her fur. "You're getting better, you are... You have to be."

I mumble softly, still running my hands through her fur. She gave a breathy sound, my eyes filling with worry as I stared at her. She has to be okay, I don't know what I'll do without her...

I opened my eyes, feeling Tsu'tey's arm wrapped around my waist. My eyes widened as I saw the bow pointed at me, arm shooting out to grab the person's ankle and tripping him. He made a surprised sound, my body rolling out of Tsu'tey arm to dodge the arrow. I hissed, lowering my body as I glared at the group surrounding my sleeping group. "Awake!"

I rolled to the side, grabbing a branch and standing up to spin it. The branch slammed against someone who was beginning to run to me with a knife, spinning around to hit one's stomach while ducking under the punch.

Sun jumped from the side, tackling someone to the ground and snarling. Sensory quils raising to show threatening as the others were yelling in concern at the sudden appearance of a palulukan. "Venus? Venus! Whoa, Sun!"

Tsu'tey's confused voice called out, scrambling to stand up and grabbing his bow. Pulling it back, aiming at the figures running around. "Tsu'tey, you're far from your territory. What are you doing here?"

"Rahe? Wait, wait! Venus, stop!" I paused at hearing him, the makeshift staff pressing against someone's neck to keep them on the ground. My eyes blinking and looking over at him confused. "They came here first. I woke up with an arrow to my face!"

"You're weird." Someone commented, mentioning to their hair and my hand moved, slapping him with the branch. Others hissed at my response and Tsu'tey tsked his tongue. His hands holding out lightly. "Calm my love."

He spoke softly, making his way over to grab the branch from my hands and I looked at him confused. Not understanding what was going on. Why would he want me to stop defending a threat to our people? "They're from a neighboring clan, the Tipani Clan."

"They were a threat to our people."

"No, they were looking out for their people, scouting newcomers on their territory." Tsu'tey soothed, hand gently petting my hair to calm me and push the long strands by my face behind my ears. I sighed, dropping the branch on the ground with leaning against his hands. "There we go love. Rahe, meet my mate, Venus."

"Mate? I didn't think you would love anyone besides Sylwanin." Rahe spoke, eyes looking over me with a judging look. Tsu'tey wrapped an arm around my waist, brushing a knuckle along my cheek. "I didn't think I would either, but she was something different."

"Different, she definitely looks like it."

"I'm standing right here. Stop talking about me like I'm not here." I spoke with rolling my eyes, moving out of Tsu'tey's arms. Tsu'tey's hand brushed over my arm as I mentioned to Sun who snapped at the guy's face before making his way over to me. The guy just laying on the ground, wheezing as he was staring fearfully at the branches above us.

"She tamed that thing?" Rahe spoke, looking at me as I turned my head to give him a look. Tsu'tey chuckled with a nod, "She is amazing."

"Why is her hair white? That's not normal-"

"Why are you here Rahe? With arrows pointed at our heads." I spoke, feeling uncomfortable with the constant reminder of my white hair and that I was different from the others. Sun leaned his head down to nudge against my cheek. Tsu'tey gently placed a hand on my shoulder. "No need to be so defensive my love, they're our friends. Me and Rahe sparred a lot when we were children."

"And what kind of friends threaten each other in the night?"

"They didn't know it was us..."

"Still. What would have happened if they decided to kill us?" He sighed, holding the back of my hair and lean my head toward him to press his forehead against mine. "Tsu'tey let's head back to the clan for the night."

Rahe said; making me look over at Rahe over Tsu'tey's shoulder. Tsu'tey nodded with a smile, looking over at me. "It's perfect my love, we can talk to them when we there about joining."

He makes a point... I sighed with a nod, climbing onto Sun and looking down at the guy still laying on the grass. Sun's claw lightly poking the guy who let out another wheeze. "I think I pissed myself..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 1.1K 19
This is Neteyam x Aonung / Aonunete. Im going to follow the complete story line of ATWOW (to the best of my abilities) so definitely ⚠️SPOILERS⚠️. A...
2.2K 144 13
We were seen as monsters in this village, while the truth was hidden from us, but now it was time for us to fight back. I DO NOT OWN THIS FANDOM OR P...
30.4K 912 13
"Will you act like a girl for once?!" "Shut up, Katsuki! I'll kick your ass!" I do not own any of the pictures used for this book, nor do I own the M...
258K 7.2K 25
"All I ever wanted was a single thing worth fighting for." "You don't choose your Avatar... your Avatar chooses you." "Just relax and let you...