It Started With The Crown✔️

By kayloves_

Emery Montgomery is no stranger to the spotlight, after all when you're the heir to the English throne, priva... More

Character aesthetic
Room plans/ places
Introduction (pls read)
Chapter 1 | "her royal highness"
Chapter 3 | "you're joking"
Chapter 4 | "black envelope"
Chapter 5 | "the speech"
Chapter 6 | "34B"
Chapter 7 | "iced vanilla latte"
Chapter 8 | "late night movies"
Chapter 9 | "grocery shopping"
Chapter 10 | "tech something"
Chapter 11| "blood & sparkles"
Chapter 12| "date?"
Chapter 13| "parking lot"
Chapter 14| "lights out"
Chapter 15| "fight"
Chapter 16| "party"
Chapter 17| "carrington ball"
Chapter 18| "sundae night"
Chapter 19| "annie"
Chapter 20| "tears"
Chapter 21| "realization"
Chapter 22| "damage control"
Chapter 23| "mistake"
Chapter 24| "daddy issues"
Chapter 25| "favour"
Chapter 26| "london"
Chapter 27| "explore"
Chapter 28| "christmas eve"
Chapter 29| "jealous"
Chapter 30| "devils deal"
Chapter 31| "broken"
Chapter 32|"new york,new york"
Chapter 33| "breathe"
Chapter 34| "strangers"
Chapter 35| "gold"
Chapter 36| "rain"
Chapter 37| "peace"
Chapter 38| "yacht"
Chapter 39| "champagne"
Chapter 40| "love and duty"
Chapter 41| "midnight"
Epilogue| "ever after"

Chapter 2 | "valentine academy"

1.5K 40 22
By kayloves_

Emery's POV•

"Are you sure you packed everything?"

"Yes Bella, for the last time I've got everything,"

"I just don't want you to forget anything,"

"It'll be ok, anything I forget I can buy when I get there,"

"I guess," she sighs, "do you know what your dorm is going to look like yet?"

"No, but father said I'll live by myself,"

"I hope you make friends or else you're going to be very lonely,"

"Thank you, for that,"

"No problem," She smiles.

There is a soft knock on my door, and Annabelle stands up to opens it.

"Ma'am," he says bowing at Bella and me, "three hours till you have to leave for your flight," he informs us.

"Thank you," he closes the door.

"You should go see mother before you leave," Bella suggests.

"I will but I want to spend as much time with you," I pull her into a hug.

"You're going to call right?" Bella asked me.

"I'm going to call so much you're going to block my number," I reassure.

"Good," she nods.

• • •

Walking down I knock softly on the door to my mother's office.

"Come in," my mother called from inside her office.

"I have to leave now," I inform her.

She stands from her desk, "Oh ok, come here let me give you a hug," she opens her arms.

"I'm going to miss you," I mumble into her shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you too my darling," she lets go of me and wipes under her eye where a tear has fallen.

"Ok," she coughs and clears her throat, running her hand over her dress straightening out the non-existent wrinkles.

"Goodbye, Mother,"

"See you soon my dear," I leave her office.

As much as I may dislike her and tell myself I don't need her, she's my mother I will always love her and want her around for guidance, comfort and other motherly things.

Also considering I'm taking her job in a few years it might be nice to be on speaking terms with the lady who has held that job for the past thirty years.

"Emery, wait," Father calls from down the hall.

Lord help me now.

"Yes Father," I reply in my sweetest voice quickly turning around.

"I wanted to let you know to expect an envelope once a week on Monday informing you of the duties you will have for the week,"

"But I'm there to go to school?"

"Yes, and you are still a working member of the family,"

"So all these engagements I'll be alone?"

"Yes, a great practice...not practice because in practicing something you can mess up, we can't have you mess up and accidentally cause a war," he laughs but it just sounds slightly psychotic.

No pressure.

"What kind of events will I be doing?" Hopefully, it's just ribbon cuttings or unveilings not signing important documents or making speeches.

That one thing about me you wouldn't expect, I hate giving speeches, I always have, My hands get sweaty, I start shaking and sometimes on the not so rare occasion, panic attacks. It's only happened a few times but those times were awful.

"You won't be doing much, probably one to two events per week, just enough to keep up a good image and show we care," he explains.

I nod, "Ok," that doesn't sound that bad, especially if these events have food.

"Now I believe your flight is leaving soon, you should go,"

"I'm sure they won't leave without me," I mumble.

"What was that?"

"Nothing, sorry," I apologize.

"Goodbye, have a nice flight," he says coldly. I stupidly go in for a hug, I don't know why,
I just wanted to pretend he'll miss me.

He backs away and holds out his hand instead for a shake. "Goodbye Emery," he repeats.

I give his hand a short firm shake, "Goodbye father."

Turns out Annabelle whined long enough that there going to let her drop me off at the airport, normally they would for security reasons.

We're typically not allowed to go out without full security and a very good reason as to why we need to go out.

My father always did like the extremes, either you are not allowed outside or I'm sending you across the world by yourself for a few years.

• • •

Seven hours on a plane is not fun.

When we finally land I can't feel my legs, it takes me a minute to stand up.

Two security guards line up in front of me and two behind me as we get off the plane. When we left the plane there was already a crowd of paparazzi snapping pictures and shouting things at me, I did my best to smile politely and not answer the wrong question.

When we got in the car the police who had been waiting there shooed everyone away from the car. I gave everyone a small wave from my window.

"Are you ready miss," Miss Haley-my personal Assistant asked as we drove to school.

She's been with me for a long time, and we've gotten close over the years especially since she's a lot older than me she's been like a grandma to me.

"I think so," Miss Haley was only coming to drop me off then she would go back home.

She gave me a small smile, "I think you're going to enjoy this," she said.

"Why?"

"Your whole life has been very controlled, this is an opportunity to taste a bit of freedom, have fun, make friends or even choose what you're going to wear."

I smile at the thought, I can mostly choose my own outfits or at least the colour of them. "I hope your right," I laugh.

"Just promise me one thing," she asked and I nodded in response.

"Promise me you'll have fun, spend time on yourself don't spend the next year doing homework and cutting ribbons."

I lean over and give her a big hug which typically isn't allowed but I don't care right now I'm going to miss her. "I promise,"

"Good,"

It takes us half an hour to drive there. I spend the whole time looking out the window admiring the view, the architecture in some of the buildings is crazy, the people are also cool too some look like they're models, some are dressed super fancy others look like they are coming from school.

And they don't know each other and likely won't see each other again. I don't know, I find it incredible how you can live in a city with someone your whole life and never know them or see them.

We arrive at the campus, and all across the grounds buildings are scattered some look really old and others are very modern.

We pull up to what I'm assuming is the main building. A lady is standing on the front steps holding a clipboard with a bunch of other people behind her in a diagonal line.

"Ma'am," the driver says opening my door.

"Thank you,"

It wasn't till now I noticed the massive crowds of people standing behind a gate yelling and clapping.

"ITS THE PRINCESS,"

"PRINCESS EMERY, OVER HERE,"

"WHY IS SHE HER,"

"WHERE THE KING,"

These were only some things they were shouting at me.

The lady on the stairs gives me a low bow, "Princess Emery, it's a pleasure to have you here,"

"It's a pleasure to be here, Miss-,"

"Lana," Haley whispered from beside me.

"Miss Lana," I finish.

"PRINCESS EMERY," one reporter shouts.

"Maybe answer a few questions," Miss Haley suggested. I nod and head over.

"Princess Emery, what are your plans in New York?" A report shouts asking.

"I'm here to attend Valentine Academy," I answer.

"Ma'am where is your father," another asks.

"He's back in England,"

"That's all we have time for," Haley whispered in my ear.

I wave at the group of people, "Goodbye,"

"WAIT, PRINCESS,"

"ONE MORE QUESTION,"

"She'll be back to answer more questions later," Haley informed the crowd.

"Follow me please," Miss Lana says ushering me towards the school. I nod and follow her.

"Classes start in two days, the rest of the students will be here tomorrow or the day after," she informs.

"Since it's late I'll show you to your room now, if you want I can give you a full tour tonight,"

"That would be lovely, thank you," I say.

"Your room is right this way," she says leading me and Haley out a back door and towards a different building, this one is much more modern than the main building, it's tall and covered in windows.

Once we are inside we go up a massive set of stairs and down a long hallway lined with windows and various art pieces,"

Miss Lana stops in front of a door, "Here you go ma'am,"

"Thank you," I say.

"If you need anything at all just call me, my number and contact information are in here," she hands me an envelope and a key,"

"Come down whenever you are ready tomorrow," she says before bowing and walking away.

"This looks nice," Miss Haley says admiring the building.

"Yeah, has security already been in?" I ask.

"Yes, they added a few safety features and they dropped off your luggage,"

"Ok, perfect,"

Miss Haley sighs looking down at her hand, "This is where we must part ma'am," she says.

"I'm going to miss you," I say hugging her.

"If you need anything I'll be on the next flight here,"

"Thank you," she turns and walks back down the hallway but not before giving me a little wave.

I open the door and flick on the lights.

Holy moly.

This place is amazing, I was expecting a one or two-room dorm, not a whole apartment.

I spent the next half hour exploring and unpacking a bit, I'll do the rest tomorrow.

I collapse onto my new bed, I have an amazing view of the city.

This could be nice.

———————————————————————————
A/n

Word count (1676)

And with that, the second chapter comes to an end. I hope you enjoy it. Think of Haley as a younger
(64 year old) grandma to Emery, I think it's sweet.
Happy New Year's (I wrote this on the 31st)

Thoughts??

Pls vote, comment and follow me!!!

—Kay❤️🤍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
916K 22.7K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
967K 28.3K 39
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
557K 14.5K 33
COMPLETED✅ When 2 drop dead gorgeous heirs are forced into marriage, what happens? They more or less figure out that there might be side effects to t...