The Street Fighter

By beebee12345678

At the age of 17, Skylar Green is left to care for her 5-year old brother, Dylan. Her mother? Dead. Her fathe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Authors Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Dreame
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 7

14.8K 490 64
By beebee12345678

A/N: Dedicated to Hoshi_Akari and Caligynephobia. Thank you for your support, just those comments meant soooo much to me.

~~~~~

Carefully he put me down, all jokes forgotten and replaced with a serious look.

He turned me around so that my back was to him as he delicately traced over the scars that had been there for years.

It was hard to make out the scars with the tattoo.

It was concealed very well, Shaun did a very good. He worked part-time as a tattoo artist.

Yet, someone still managed to notice it. Zach took a hold of my hand and guided me inside.

Silently, I followed him. We went all the way upstairs into one of the guest rooms.

He shut the door behind us and we sat across from each other on the bed. Both of us still in just our swimming costumes.

Zach's blue eyes looked back at my green, emotionless ones. His blue irises searching deep into my soul.

"How did you get those scars Skylar?" He asked, but his tone of voice demanded an answer.

"Oh the scars? Well we used to have a cat, yeah, it had really sharp claws." I chuckle nervously, hoping he will believe the lie.

He makes me lay down and studies the scars on my back. If I did anything to stop him he would suspect something.

"You're lying. It looks like a knife was the reason of the scars. It was pretty deep and looks like it's even been twisted." He states.

Well, you're fucked.

The stupid voice in my head said.

'No, we're fucked,' I told it.

Nope, you're on your own. It answered back. I called for it to come back in my head, but I was too late. I was on my own.

Anger started pulsed through my veins.

What gives him the right to just ask these questions?

I sat up in anger, "Why do you need to know? You're expecting me to trust you? It happened, it's in the past just forget about it."

He nodded, "When you're ready and can trust me, you can tell me. For now I'll drop it."

I sighed relieved.

"How about we play the questions game. But this time I ask as many questions as you have scars."

I gulped nervously, there were a lot. I had no choice but to play.

He laid me back down and straddled my waist from behind. This didn't make me feel uncomfortable. It wasn't my front and I could get him off easily.

His finger gently traced over my scars, feeling the disgusting bumps carved onto my back.

Cautiously, he took of my bikini strap. I felt him tense on top of me and he inhaled sharply.

I guess this game wasn't such a good idea after all.

~~~~~

A/N: I was thinking of stopping here but realised I hardly wrote anything. Carry on, I hope you're enjoying it.

~~~~~

He brought his lips to my back, kissing the highest scar. His lips lingered there and surprisingly, I enjoyed it. It was the first time someone had done anything like this.

"What's your full name?" Was his first question.

"Skylar Rose Green. What's yours?" I said.

"Zach Levi Cruz, how old are you?" He asked. He then gave me a lingering kiss on my next scar.

"17, how old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 18. What made you come here?"

"Well Blake is my cousin and the old man is my -" He cut me off before I said anymore.

"No, as in to this town, Southmont," He explained.

I shrugged casually, the lie easily slipping out of my mouth, "In our last town there were mainly old people so Dylan didn't have any friends. Having children his age is good to develop social skills."

I mentally high-fived myself. That was great Sky, it sounded believable enough.

"How long have you lived in this town?" I asked, moving on before he could ask any more questions on that.

"I've been in this town all my life, the boys and I were childhood friends and have stuck together ever since." He explained.

He kissed my next scar and mumbled against my skin, "How are you related to Hud then?"

"He's my Uncle, he was my dad's brother," I said, closing my eyes as I successfully got the sentence out without stumbling over my words.

"How do you know him?" I questioned.

"Blake's dad is like a second father to me. He treats me like his own kid, actually he treats us all like we're his own. Since I was friends with Blake, I went to his house a lot, his parents are really kind."

"What did you want to be when you were younger?" He asked, once again kissing the next scar.

A small smile made its way onto my face without me realising, "I always wanted to be a doctor. I always loved that my dad helped other people and I wanted to as well."

"What is your greatest fear?"

"Since we're being honest, it's losing someone close to me ag- yeah losing someone close to me." He stumbled on his words.

I nodded in understanding. Although it happened often, I never got used to it.

Me being smart, I just limited the amount of people I got close to.

"What do you fear the most?" He questioned. A kiss.

I have many, I thought.

Putting Dylan in danger I would have answered, it was my greatest fear.

Instead I went with, "Not being able to be the parent that Dylan deserves. He could do so much better without me. I'm just too stubborn to send him to a care home where he can have a better life with a better family."

Zach kissed the rest of the scars, his lips left my skin but it was as if his lips were still there. Soft and gentle on my ugly, repulsive skin. How has he managed to look at it for so long?

He strapped my bikini strap and turned me around, staring directly into my eyes.

"Do you not see that boy? He has so much fun, he smiles and laughs around you. He has a look of adoration and love in his eyes, so much it's enough to even make a mother jealous. He looks up to you and loves you for who you are."

I smiled gratefully at Zach. His words made me smile and by the way he said it, sincerely, I knew what he said was true.

"Thank you Zach, it means a lot. I have to get back to Dylan now. It was nice learning about you." I was already through the door by the time I had finished speaking.

I didn't care whether he heard me or not, I just wanted to see the person that meant everything to me. I wanted- no needed to see Dylan.

I raced down the stairs, out the house and to the pool. I saw him by the pools edge and ran up to him and picked him up taking him by surprise. I spun him around whilst he giggled.

I rubbed my nose back and forth with his and whispered, "I love you Dylan, no matter what happens I will always love you."

His smile widened. "I love you too Sky, you'll always be there for me, won't you?" He responded.

"Dylan, I promise that I will always try to be there for you and if I'm not, which will be very rare, you will have your family and friends to go to."

In the end he was giving me a full blown grin. He wrapped his small arms around me and I did the same giving him a kiss on the cheek.

We pulled away and next thing I know we are in the pool. Dylan didn't have his armbands on anymore so I quickly held him up making sure he didn't sink.

Some fucker's going to die tonight!

Before I took revenge I made sure Dylan was safe and picked him up out of the pool. He ran off to Caleb so I knew that he was okay.

While still in the pool I looked around the garden, searching for my victim. I saw all of the boys gathered together and laughing. Chase was walking back to the group and I instantly knew who pushed us in.

I don't think he meant for Dylan to be pushed in but it still happened. Quietly, I climbed out of the pool. Still keeping quiet I ran to Chase. Fighting helped me to be light on my feet, this way I wouldn't make lots of noise and I can be swift.

Carter seemed to be the only one who noticed me so I out my finger to my lips gesturing for him to be quiet. He smirked and I carried on knowing he wouldn't say anything.

As soon as I reached him I tackled him to the ground. Seeing as I couldn't do anything to raise suspicions I...tickled him.

Trust me, it's not fun when you're the one being attacked by tickle monsters, especially when there are multiples of them.

So I started tickling him and even the boys joined in. We let him get up but just to finish him off I held him in a headlock and gave him a nuggie. I dug my knuckles into his head but not too hard.

"Never push Dylan into the pool again or worse will come," I said then flashed him a menacing smile.

He chuckled but still nodded his head. I let him go as he rubbed his head and tried to fix his hair.

These people are a bunch of idiots.

_____

We were all inside, I was dressed whereas the boys were still in their swimming trunks.

I was sitting on a one seater while the boys were spread out on the other sofas.

I heard the door swing open and what sounded like a lady's voice called out. "I'm home. Boys, are you here? How was your day at school, you boys better not have skipped agai-"

She walked into the living room and her words were cut off abruptly as her eyes landed on me.

She gave me a smile and walked up to me. I stood up and she introduced herself, "Hello, I'm Mila Ryder. How are you? Hang on, are you staying for dinner? I can cook dinner for you as well. I promise it won't be an-Oh how forgetful of me, what's your name dear?" She rambled on.

Only now noticing my awkward stance and my lack of interest she stopped. Then her face visibly paled as she stuttered out an apology.

"I-i'm so-sorr-sorry. I d-didn't mean t-to-" Her words died down as I interrupted her.

"My name is Skylar Green, this is Dylan and we can stay for dinner if you're sure it's no trouble."

"Oh please, two more mouths to feed wouldn't make a difference." The smile returned to her face as she spoke.

I nodded my head and sat back down. She left the room to start cooking and I went back to watching tv. I didn't even know what we were watching and I didn't care as soon as I saw Dylan watching with a smile on his face.

Later on, we were all called to eat dinner. I, along with Dylan, followed the boys to the dining room.

As soon as I entered the room the smell hit me; the aroma making my mouth water and the alluring smell of the dish sitting on the table was just waiting for us to dig in.

All of us scurried for a seat, I had Dylan on my left and Caleb on my right.

Uncle Hud and Mila joined us as we dished up for ourselves.

I placed Dylan's plate with the food I just out on it in front of him. He seemed to have the same effect that I had as he just stared open mouthed at his food.

I leant down and whispered in his ear, "Close your mouth Dyl, you might just catch flies." I teased him.

He shut his mouth and looked at me before picking up his fork and ate as quickly as possible while not seeming rude.

I smiled at the manners I taught him, he was a good kid.

He's come a long way, I remembered when Dylan was just 2 years old. We only had each other and I was trying to feed him.

Flashback

"Dyl, please eat your food, you'll go hungry if you don't." My 15 year old self tried to persuade him to eat his food.

He was still a little grumpy from being woken up from his nap.

He shook his head stubbornly and crossed his arms. I sighed, I was desperate. I didn't want Dylan to starve.

An idea crossed my mind, "Do you want to try to feed yourself Dylan, now that you're a big boy I'm sure you can."

His baby face lit up and he nodded his head and I gave him the baby spoon.

I showed him how to hold the spoon and slowly but surely he scooped up some of the mashed up creamy parsnip, potato and cauliflower baby food from his batman bowl.

He raised the spoon to his mouth and put it in, chewing before swallowing.

He smiled at me showing me the few baby teeth he had.

"Well done Dylan, you did it all by yourself," I said enthusiastically before clapping. He giggled before clapping with me as well.

He gave me the spoon back and let me feed him myself. I fed him and my eyes widened. He's letting me feed him with no complaints.

I finished feeding him and kissed him, once I pulled back from pecking him on the lips he giggled at me.

I raised my hand to my mouth and started laughing with him when I realised that he got some of his food from his lips onto mine.

I wiped him off and hugged him whispering in his ear, "Thank you Dylan, you don't how much that meant to me."

It meant that he wouldn't go hungry.

It meant that he trusted me even more.

And most of all, it meant that out relationship was growing stronger.

~~~

I smiled at Dylan, the memory still fresh in my mind.

He wouldn't eat as much once he started to notice mum wasn't there anymore. I always looked after him and she was hardly at home before she died but she was still important to us both.

Realising that I had just been staring at Dylan, I scooped up some paella and put it on my plate.

Today I could have a proper meal, a size that is healthy for a 17 year old girl.

As I set my plate down in front of me, I noticed Carter's eyes had widened at he was looking directly at my plate.

Ok, so maybe a little more than an average 17 year old girl, but you can't blame me, I'm hungry.

And it was only a little, I swear.

My mind obviously didn't agree with me and it rolled its eyes at me.

Well, I think it's little, I told that little voice inside my head innocently.

I mentally sighed.

Fine, it was a lot but who can blame me, I'm a growing girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 5.4K 27
Kat is known for being rough around the edges, but no one knows why. No one but her best friend, Blake. At the age of only seven, her dad died tragi...
220 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
833K 24.6K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
141K 3.8K 72
This story follows 5 siblings living with their aunt and uncle after being abandoned by their parents. Clueless about the real world around them and...