Baby Winchester

By AleeyahRoses

Dean rescues 5 year old Hayden from her abusive family and takes her under his wing. After recruiting his bro... More

Season 1
Season 1 - 1 (Pilot)
Season 1-2 (Wendigo)
Season 1-4 (Phantom Traveler)
Season 1-5 (Bloody Mary)
Season 1-6 (Skin)
Season 1-7 (Hook Man)
Season 1-8 (Bugs)
Season 1-9 (Home)
Season 1-10 (Asylum)
Season 1-11 (Scarecrow)
Season 1-12 (Faith)
Season 1-13 (Route 666)
Season 1-14 (Nightmare)
Season 1-15 (The Benders)
Season 1-16 (Shadow)
I'm So Sorry (A/N)
Season 1-17 (Hell House)
Season 1-18 (Something Wicked This Way Comes)
Season 1-19 (Provenance)

Season 1-3 (Dead In The Water)

1.4K 28 5
By AleeyahRoses

There was a woman swimming in a lake. She kept hearing someone whispering. But that was impossible because she was in the water. She looked around as the whispering got louder. Then she was snatching beneath the surface and drowned.

Hayden had no idea what possessed her to do so but she found herself walking into the water until it was up to her chest. She heard the whispers but she couldn't understand. Then something snatched her by the wrist, pulling her under the waters.

———————————————————————————————

Sam and Dean were exiting the dinner they had stopped at. As they approached the impala, the back door shot open and Hayden fell out coughing up an unnatural amount of water. Dean was quick going to the girl's side trying to help her breathe.

After getting her calm and breathing properly, the three piled into the impala.

"Hayden what just happened?" Sam asked as they journeyed to Lake Manitoc, WI.

"A lady died in the water." She said. The brothers shared a look.

"She drowned? Did you see how?" Dean asked.

"No. Something pulled her." She replied.

"Is that all you saw Hayden?" Dean asked.

"It pulled me too." She said. The boys decided to question her no further. Her visions were hard for her to understand. So for right now, they were no help. The three ride was silent the rest of the way, minus Sam and Dean planning out how they were going to go about their investigation. Hayden went back to sleep somewhere along the way. The vision had tired her out.

———————————————————————————————

Sam and Dean pulled up outside of the victim's house. They turned to Hayden who was awake and looking out the window at the water in fear.

"Hayden stay in the car. We're gonna go talk to this family and we'll be right back." Dean said. Hayden looked away from the window to him.

"Okay daddy." She said quietly. Dean could tell something was bothering her. Hayden felt something was wrong but she couldn't tell what it was. She just knew it was from the water. As Sam and Dean exited the car, Hayden turned back staring at the water. She thought that if she let herself be captivated she could help Sam's and Dean.

She started to hear whispers but they was inaudible. She tried and tried to listen but she couldn't make out words. It's as though they were muffled by the water. Maybe if she went in the water, she could hear what the whispers were saying.

Sam and Dean got back into the car breaking her from her trance. She turned away from the window and looked down at her lap, thinking about the whispers. She was thinking so hard that she didn't realize she was projecting her confusion onto Sam and Dean.

The brothers paused and shared a look as the suddenly felt intense confusion. Dean sighed and started the impala realizing that it was Hayden's feeling he was feeling.

"Hayden, you're projecting again." Sam said bringing the girl from her thoughts. Hayden looked up at Sam.

"Sorry Uncle Sammy." She apologized.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked. Hayden was quiet for a second.

"I just don't know what they're saying." She stated.

"'They'? Who's they?" He asked.

"I don't know but they whisper. I don't know what they're saying." She answered.

Sam looked at her seeing she was bothered.

"It's alright Hayden. We'll figure it out." He said. Hayden only stayed quiet. Sam and Dean shared a glance before they both looked at Hayden. This was clearly bothering her as she held a frown on her face.

———————————————————————————————

Sam and Dean greeted the sheriff at his station. Hayden went with them considering she didn't want to stay in the car all day.

"Now I'm sorry but why does the Wildlife Service care about an accidental drowning?" The sheriff asked Sam and Dean as he opened the gate for the three.

"Hayden wait out here okay?" Dean said pointing to the chairs outside of the sheriff's office. She pouted.

"We have to talk business in there. You know that." He said. She mumbled an Okay and sat in one of the chairs with her favorite book. Dean sighed at the child and followed his brother into the sheriff's office.

Hayden couldn't even focus on her book. She was sure that she could help them. In all the time she had been with Sam and Dean, her development had improved greatly. Considering that she was something supernatural, her brain development grew at a greater speed. She was understanding her abilities more and trying her best to use them to help Sam and Dean. Granted her being a 5 year old there were still basic things she didn't understand.

Hayden sighed and closed her book, placing it in the chair next to her. She looked up seeing a boy a couple years older than her standing directly in front of her. She frowned at him, not only because he was in her personal bubble, but also because she could hear the whispers around him... the same whispers she heard by the water.

The boy just stood there staring at her silently.

"Hello." She said. The boy only stared at her without responding.

"I'm Hayden." She tried again. She wanted to know if he could hear them too. However, the boy walked over to the sheriff's office, standing behind his mom.

Hayden watched as Dean said something to him and he immediately walked away. He walked past Hayden and his mother followed behind him. Hayden watched his mom give him crayons and white paper. She frowned looking closely at the boy. His aura was weird. It's like something was covering it. She really couldn't tell with this boy. All she knew was that the whispers were around him too.

Hayden walked over to Sam and Dean, standing next to Dean. She started to think again. She wondered if she should tell them that the whispers are around the boy. The whispers aren't helping them right now though. But the whispers were her only lead. Hayden sighed and decided against saying anything.

"Well," the sheriff started bringing Hayden from her thoughts but not for long, "if there's anything you need help with, let me know." He said showing the brothers to the door. Dean walked out first. Sam grabbed Hayden's hand, as she was too lost in her thoughts to be focused on anything happening around her, and followed behind his brother.

"You know, now that you mention it. Could you point us in the direction of a reasonably priced motel?" Dean asked the sheriff and his daughter. Hayden stared at the boy, Lucas, as he colored on his paper.

"Lakefront Motel. Go around the corner. It's two blocks up." The sheriff's daughter, Andrea, instructed. Hayden and Sam nodded at her completely understanding the directions. Dean however, played dumb.

"Two- would you mind showing us?" He asked Andrea. Sam and Hayden looked at him bewildered.

"You want me to walk you two blocks?" Andrea asked.

"Not if it's any trouble." Dean replied. Hayden frowned at him confused.

"Daddy, it's just two blocks. We've walked two blocks before." She stated tilting her head confused about Dean's tactics. Dean shot the child a quick look that she didn't understand.

"It's alright. I'm headed that way anyway." Andrea replied before turning to her father.

"I'll be back to pick up Lucas at 3." She stated before kissing Lucas on his head, telling him that she'd take him to the park. She then led Sam, Dean and Hayden out of the station.

———————————————————————————————

"So cute kid." Dean said to Andrea.

"Thanks. Yours too." She replied.

"Thank you." Hayden said from Sam's arms. He had to carry her because she couldn't keep up.

"Kids are the best huh?" Dean said trying to flirt. Sam laughed at his brother's lame attempts as they crossed the street. The motel stood directly in front of them

"There it is. Like I said, two blocks."  Andrea said.

"Thank you miss." Hayden said.

"You're welcome sweetie." She said.

"My name is Hayden. I don't like sweetie." She stated.

"Well then Thank you Hayden." Andrea said smiling at Hayden before turning to Dean.

"Must be hard with your sense of direction, never being able to find your way to a decent pickup line." Andrea said walking away from the three.

Hayden turned to Dean. "Daddy, why you ask her for help?" She asked frowning at him. He turned to her.

"Because... I needed her help." He answered.

"No you don't. You showed me how to walk more than two blocks myself." She argued.

"Mind your business Hayden." Dean said causing Hayden to frown more.

" "Kids are the best"? You don't even like kids besides Hayden." Sam stated.

"I love kids." Dean argued.

"No you don't." Hayden and Sam said in unison.

"Yes I do." Dean agrued.

"Name three children that you even know. And Hayden doesn't count." Sam challenged.

Dean pulled out his hand to start counting and froze in thought. Sam waved him off and walked to the motel.

"I'm thinking." Dean excused before following the two.

"Uncle Sammy is something wrong with Daddy's brain?" Hayden asked quietly. Sam looked at her shocked by the question and laughed.

"You have no idea." He replied.

———————————————————————————————

Hayden sat on Dean's bed as Dean went through their clothes and Sam researched their case on his computer.

"So there's the three downing victims this year." Sam stated.

"And before that?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, six more spread out over the past 35 years. Those bodies were never recovered either. If there is something out there, it's picking up it's pace." Sam said as he read the article on his screen.

"Is something eating them like the tree monster?" Hayden questioned the same time Dean said, "So we got a lake monster on a binge?"

Dean tossed a shirt on the bed for Hayden to wear.

"This whole lake monster theory, it bugs me." Sam said.

"Why?" Dean said going over to Sam.

"Loch Ness, Lake Champlain- there are literally hundreds of eyewitness accounts, but here, almost nothing. Whatever it is out there, no one's living to talk about it." Sam said.

"Wait, Bar, Christopher Bar." Dean said pointing to the screen. "Where have I heard that name before?" He asked.

"Christopher Bar, the victim in May." Sam said clicking on the article. Hayden snuck around to Sam's other side looking at the article as well.

"Christopher Bar was Andrea's husband, Lucas' father. Apparently he took Lucas out swimming. Lucas was found floating on a wooden platform when Chris drowned two hours before the kid got rescued." Sam read.

"Maybe we have an eyewitness after all." Sam said.

"No wonder that kid was so freaked out. Watching one of your parents die isn't just something you get over." Dean said.

"I knew it." Hayden said quietly but Sam and Dean heard her loud and clear.

"Knew what?" They asked.

"I-" she cut herself off and looked at the floor.

"Hayden what did you know?" Dean pressed.

"I wasn't sure but at the station. I heard them again. The whispers. They were only around Lucas." She said.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Sam asked.

"Because I don't know what they're saying. They're just whispering and I can't understand them. I feel like its something but its just a dead end." She said.

"It's alright Hayden. We'll figure it out." Sam repeated what he had to the child earlier that day.

"No it's not. I'm something. I know stuff before you and Daddy. I knew about the tree monster and the lady in the cloud dress. I can help you and daddy if I know what this is too. But I don't know what they're saying. I just wanna help." She ranted.

She sighed dropping her head and picking at her fingers. Dean walked up to the child and squatted down to her eye level. Dean grabbed her hands stopping her action. She looked at him sadly.

"Hayden you always help. It's alright that you don't know right now. You're never gonna know right away but as long as you keep trying to figure things out, you're helping. Alright?" Dean reassured her. She nodded.

"And remember that you can always tell us anything. Don't try to figure things out alone. We help each other." He added.

"Okay, daddy." Hayden said smiling at Dean.

"Now tell us about these whispers." Sam said. Hayden sighed.

"There's not anything to tell. I heard them at the water and around Lucas. There are a lot of whispers at the same time and the sound blocked. I don't know what they're saying." She explained. Dean and Sam thought for a second.

"Well we don't know what's drowning people so there's no way in hell you're going anywhere near those waters." Sam stated.

"So let's go find Lucas. Andrea said she was gonna take him to the park at 3." Dean said.

"It's 1:45 right now. So we have some time on our hands. Hayden let's go practice reading and writing." Dean said leading the child to the table.

He grabbed a new notebook and a story book from the bottom of his bag as Hayden sat down in the chair. Sam went back to researching the mysterious drownings on his laptop as Hayden's lesson began.

———————————————————————————————

"Daddy what's this word say?" Hayden asked pointing to a word from her book. Dean got up from the bed and walked over to her. He leaned over her shoulder looking at the word she was pointing at.

"That says 'Character'." He stated. Hayden frowned.

"Why?" She asked looking at Dean.

"What do you mean why?" Dean asked. Sam looked over at the too wondering the same thing.

"Uncle Sammy says that Ch say ch. Shouldn't that be Character?" She asked. Dean stared at the child for a second and Sam started laughing.

"Well sometimes Ch says k too." Dean stated.

Hayden frowned again. "But that's stupid." She replied. Sam only laughed harder.

"You're too smart kid. Let's end reading for the day." Dean said closing her book and putting it away. Hayden grabbed her notebook and pencil, putting them in their closed bag.

"We should get ready to go. We still have to find the park." Sam said pointing to the clock that read 2:33. Hayden grabbed her jacket and yawned.

"That's right. It's just about time for you to take a nap." Sam said.

"Come on Haddie. You can sleep in the car." Dean said picking her up. They decided to leave her jacket considering it was nice out.

"But I don't want to take a nap." She whined as the three left the room.

"You need to because you'll be sleepy and irritated later on if you don't." Dean said opening the car door.

"Can't I play at the park? I'll take a nap after." She suggested as Dean buckled her in.

"If you can stay awake until we get there." He agreed and she smiled.

"I'll stay awake." She said. Dean shook his head at her and closed the door. He got into the driver seat and the three headed to the park to try and talk to Lucas.

———————————————————————————————

Luckily for Hayden, she didn't fall asleep on the ride to the park. She was too excited to play on the contraptions.

"Can we join you?" Sam said to Andrea as him, Dean and Hayden approached her.

"I'm here with my son." She said. Instead of playing, Lucas sat at a bench alone, coloring.

"I'm here with my daughter. Mind if we say hi?" Dean said before walking over to Lucas with Hayden.

As they approached the boy, Hayden began to hear the whispers. They were a bit louder than before but she still couldn't understand them.

"How's it going?" Dean asked sitting on the ground in front of Lucas. Hayden stood next to him. Lucas payed the two no mind as he continued drawing.

"Oh I used to love these things." Dean said picking up one of Lucas' green army men toys. He then imitated the sounds of gunfire, an explosion before gently tossing the toy to play as though it got hit by the blast. Lucas didn't respond. Dean looked at Hayden seeing she too had no reaction.

"So crayons are more your thing? That's cool. Chicks dig artists." Dean said before looking at a couple of Lucas's drawing. When he touched them the whispers got louder for a second. Hayden frowned.

Her eyes locked on the drawings as Dean made another attempt to getting through to Lucas. She touched the drawing and there was a sudden pressure in her head. So she removed her hand.

She suddenly felt sadness. She looked up at Dean, who was now sitting on the bench with construction and a crayon in his hand. The sadness was coming from his.

"When I was your age, I saw something." He said. He had a distant look in his eyes, one that Hayden had never seen before. She felt a stab of pain in her heart. That too was coming from Dean and she began to worry.

"Anyway... we'll maybe you don't think anyone will listen to you or believe you. I want you to know that I will." He said. He paused.

"I will too. You don't have to talk too. You can make us a picture to say what you saw." Hayden chimed in. She had gotten on her knees in front of Lucas but he didn't respond to either of them.

"Okay. No problem. This is for you." Dean said trying to show Lucas the stick figure picture her drew.

"This is my family. That's my dad. That's my mom," Hayden felt another wave of sadness from Dean as he said that. She looked at him frowning in concern. "That's my geek brother and that's me." Dean said pointing to each stick figure.

"Alright so I'm a sucky artist. I'll see you around Lucas." Dean said getting up.

"Bye Lucas." Hayden said touching his hand. Suddenly the whispers grew louder and she felt an intense pressure in her head. She quickly let go of Lucas and fell back onto her bottom. She looked at him seeing her was already looking at him. His face held no emotion but his eyes, they were afraid and crying for help.

Dean looked between the two in confusion before moving to help Hayden off the ground. She swayed a bit as he lifted her up. Then she whined and grabbed her head.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked her.

"My head hurts daddy." She said holding her head with both of her hands. Dean picked her up and walked back over to Sam and Andrea.

"She okay?" Sam asked his brother.

"She said her head hurts." Dean said. Hayden hugged Dean tighter and buried her head in his neck as the sun light worsened her headache.

"Lucas hasn't said a word. Not even to me. Not since his dad's accident." Andrea informed the brothers.

"Yeah we heard. Sorry." Dean said.

"What are the doctors saying?" Sam asked.

"That it's a kind of post-traumatic stress." Andrea replied.

"That can't be easy for either of you." Sam remarked.

"We moved in with my dad. He helps out a lot. It's just.. when I think about what Lucas went through, what he saw." Andrea trailed off.

"Kids are strong. You'd be surprised what they can deal with." Dean said.

"You know, he used to have such life. He was hard to keep up with to tell you the truth. Now he just sits there, drawing those pictures, playing with those army men. I just wish- hey sweetie." Andrea cut her words as Lucas approached them with two pieces of paper.

He tapped Hayden's leg causing the girl to look at him. Without looking to Dean or Hayden, he hand them each a picture he drew. Andrea looked at the two in shock.

"Thanks." Dean said.

"Thank you Lucas." Hayden said quietly.

Lucas had drawn a brown house with a red roof for Dean. For Hayden, he gave her the picture of a red bicycle. Lucas didn't respond to Hayden or Dean and simply walked back over to his bench. Sam, Dean and Hayden all shared short glances. Andrea looked at Dean in shock of what just happened.

Hayden suddenly winced again and dropped her picture as she grabbed her head in pain. Dean handed the picture to Sam, who grabbed Hayden's picture from the ground.

"We would love to chat more but we have to get her back to the motel." Dean said before walking off.

"Thank you for your time." Sam said before following his brother.

———————————————————————————————

Once they got back to their room, Hayden's head had stopped hurting. Sam sat on his bed while Hayden sat on her and Dean's bed.

"Hayden what happened at the park?" Sam asked.

"They got really loud and my head hurt a lot." She said.

"The whispers? You heard them again?" Dean asked.

"Yes. When we're not by the water, I hear them by Lucas." She said.

"That means that they're definitely something. They're not a dead end Hayden." Sam said reassuring the child.

"But I saw something too... when I touched Lucas." She said.

"What did you see?" Dean asked.

"I don't know. It went by really fast. It looked like dirty water but I don't know." She said with a disappointed voice.

"That's okay. Just let us know if it happens again." Dean said. She nodded at Dean.

"Get ready for bed. It's getting late." Dean said handing Hayden her favorite nightgown. She took them and went to the bathroom.

"What did you say to him to get him to respond to you?" Sam questioned his brother.

"I just gave the kid a little heart to heart." Dean replied.

"Daddy!" Hayden yelled from the bathroom before Sam could say anything else. Dean went to the bathroom to see what was wrong.

Hayden was struggling to get her shirt of because it got caught on her earrings. She had already gotten her bottoms off. Dean chuckled a little before helping the child.

"Daddy are you okay?" Hayden asked suddenly as Dean slipped her night gown on. He frowned at the question.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" He asked.

"You were sad when you talked to Lucas about you mommy. I felt it... right here." She stated putting her hand on Deans chest over his heart.

Dean sighed as he looked at Hayden as he grabbed her hand from his chest, holding it. "I'm okay Hayden. I promise." He said. The two were quiet for a second before Hayden spoke again.

"Where's your mommy?" She asked. Dean looked at her in shock not expecting the question. Sam could hear them loud and clear as Dean didn't close the door. He paused in his movements at the child's question.

"Well, my mom... she... when I was your age and Sammy was a little baby, a demon took our mom from us." Dean said.

"Can we save her? Like we save other people from monsters?" She asked. Dean gave the child a soft, but pained smile.

"I wish we could've but no, we can't. She's went away like Jessica." Dean said.

"Uncle Sammy's pretty lady friend?" She asked.

"Yeah." Dean said. Hayden paused.

"Did the bad man with the yellow eyes take her away?" She asked sadly. He paused for a moment.

"He did." He replied.

"Daddy do you miss your mommy a lot?" She asked.

"I miss her everyday." Dean said quietly.

"Was she a nice mommy?" She continued.

"She was the best. She loved me and Sammy and she always protected us." He replied. Hayden gasped.

"Did she fight monsters like you, Daddy?" She asked. Sam and Dean chuckled. Sam had a couple of tears in his eyes from the conversation.

"No princess. She didn't fight monsters but she always took great care of me and Sammy." Dean said.

"She sounds like the best mommy." She said with a smile.

"She sure was." Dean said.

"And you're the bestest daddy ever." Hayden said before hugging Dean.

"Well I gotta be the best for my baby girl." He said. Hayden then yawned.

"Come on kiddo. Let's get to bed." Dean said carrying her out of the bathroom.

"Daddy, I think your mommy still protects you and Uncle Sammy." Hayden said. Dean froze for a second making eyes contact with his brother. He then composed himself and went over to his bed.

"Me too Hayden." He said tucking her in. "Get some sleep. We've got a long day tomorrow." He said.

"Goodnight daddy. Goodnight Uncle Sammy." Hayden said to the brothers. They each said their good nights and it wasn't long before Hayden was asleep. Sam and Dean soon following suit.

That night Dean and Sam awoke to Hayden desperately gasping for air. Dean woke up because she was fighting the covers and punched him in the face. Sam woke up to Dean yelling his name.

"Hayden, come breathe baby girl. Breathe." Dean pleaded. Water started leaking from her mouth. The brothers were afraid, honestly. They had no idea what to do.

It took almost an hour to get her breathing right. Dean held her closer to him afterwards, afraid it would happen again. Luckily for the brothers, it didn't and they all slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

———————————————————————————————

Dean and Hayden sat in the motel room doing her lessons as they waited for Sam to return. Hayden wasn't paying much attention considering she wasn't feeling well from her episode the previous night.

Dean sighed looking at her. He closed the book and placed his hand on her forehead. She was a bit hot but not too much.

"Let's call it a day huh?" Dean said. Hayden simply nodded.

"Are you okay?" He asked her. She shook her head.

"I don't feel good." She stated leaning her head on his shoulder.

"So, I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessy." Sam said walking in the door.

"What do you mean?" Dean asked as Sam sat next to him on the bed.

"I just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead." Sam informed his brother.

"He drowned?" Dean asked.

"Yep. In the sink." Sam said.

"That would explained Hayden's episode last night. She felt him drowning." Dean said. There was a small silence between the two as the thought to themselves.

"What the hell? So, you're right. This isn't a creature. We're dealing with something else." Dean said.

"Yeah but what?" Sam questioned.

"I don't know. Water wraith maybe? Some kind of demon? I mean something that controls water..." Dean trailed off as the two came to the same realization.

"Water that comes from the same source." Dean said.

"The lake. Whatever it is, it's really mad." Hayden said.

"Which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time." Sam said.

"And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone almost anywhere. This is gonna happen again, soon." Dean said getting up. He moved Hayden to lay down on the pillows.

"And we do know one other thing for sure. We know that this has got something to do with Bill Carlton." Sam said.

"Yeah it took both his kids." Dean agreed as he put his shoes on.

"And I've been asking around. Lucas's dad Chris- Bill Carlton's godson." Sam said.

"Let's go pay Mr. Carlton a visit." Dean said grabbing his jacket. He walked over to Hayden.

"How you feeling princess?" He asked.

"Not so good. My head still hurts and my tummy feels weird." She said.

"It's alright. Stay here ok. Sammy and I are gonna go do some more investigating. Stay away from the pipes. The sink, the tub. We don't know what this thing is after or why it's killing people. So stay away from the water until we get back. I'm gonna leave you this phone. What do you do if anything happens?" Dean said as he pulled a phone from his pocket and sat it on the bedside table.

"Hold the one to call you. Hold the two to call Uncle Sammy." She said quietly.

"Good job. Don't open the door for anyone unless-" Hayden cut Dean off.

"Unless they do a special knock and answer our special question." She finished his sentence.

Dean sighed. He was always hesitant in leaving Hayden by herself because literally anything could happen. Even worse is that they don't know what they're dealing with and it can do through the water pipes. To top all of that off, Hayden's not feeling well but Dean didn't want to bring her out while she was sick. He didn't want to leave her alone sick but they had to finish this hunt.

"We'll be back. I'll bring you some medicine too. I'll call in a little while to check on you. Okay?" Dean said. She nodded and he kissed her head and the brothers left the motel.

———————————————————————————————

Hayden laid in the bed tossing and turning. The whispers were getting louder and that's why her head was hurting. She could still taste the water and she wanted to puke.

However she pushed herself up. She wanted to help Sam and Dean. They had no clue what they were dealing with and Hayden knew she could do something. She stumbled to the bathroom and stood in front of the sink. She sighed and turned on the water. She watched as the water ran.

"Come on. I need to know what you are. I need to know what you want." She said.

She stood there staring at the water and after a little bit it changed a disgusting green color. Hayden's eyes went wide and she gasped. In addition to the faucet running, water bubbled up from the drain, filling the sink.

"What do you want? What are you?" Hayden asked as the whispers were practically screaming in her ears.

It got louder and then there was suddenly silence.

"I'll make them feel what she felt. Then I'll take them too." A voice said.

"Take them? Who's them? Where are you taking them?" She pressed.

"TO HELL!!" The voice yelled. Water shot out of the sink and the tub. Hayden fell back with a scream. The water quietly coated the floor and the door slammed shut.

Hayden moved to grab the door knob but she couldn't move her legs. It was like they were chained to the floor. The whispers were getting insanely loud making Hayden cover her ears. Then the faucet flew off and water sprayed Hayden in her face. She blocked as much as she could with her small arms. But the water was hitting her with a painful force that she flew back into the wall. She hit head passing out instantly. The water disappeared from the room leaving the wet, unconscious child behind.

———————————————————————————————

Dean called Hayden's phone twice and got no answer. He turned quickly turned the car around heading back to the motel.

"Where are you going?" Sam asked.

"Hayden's not answering. Something's wrong." Dean said.

"Maybe she went to sleep. She said she wasn't feeling well." Sam suggested.

"No Sammy. My gut is telling me that something's wrong." Dean said. The feeling in his chest worsened and he sped back to the motel, making it there in no time.

———————————————————————————————

Dean parked the impala and jumped out, speed walking to their room for. Sam was close behind him. The curtains were closed so they couldn't see into the room.

Dean did the special knock but there was no answer. Dean's gut feeling got even worse and he contemplated kicking in the door but Sam grabbed the key and unlocked the door, revealing two empty beds.

"Hayden?!" Dean called.

"Dean." Sam said drawing his brothers attention to the bathroom door. The light was on and the door was shut. The weird part was that where the carpet and the bathroom tiles meet, the carpet was wet.

Dean wasted no time going to the door opening it to a sight that almost stopped his heart. Hayden was wet and unconscious on the floor. Sam moved past Dean and checked for her pulse. Dean was stuck. Nothing had ever shook him to his core this much since his mother died.

"DEAN!" Sam yelled bringing Dean out of him head.

"She's still alive. She's still got a strong heartbeat. I think she just passed out." Sam explained. Dean said and grabbed Hayden from Sam's arms. Sam had already wrapped her in a towel.

Dean was pissed. This thing, whatever it was, had almost taken Hayden.

"Let's go." He said carrying Hayden to the impala. Sam followed after him. Dean placed her in between him and Sam. He drove off from the motel and they headed back to Bill Carlton's house.

———————————————————————————————

"Okay, this little boy, Peter Sweeney vanishes and this is all connected to Bill Carlton somehow." Sam said. The two were going over the information that they had.

"Bill sure as hell seems to be hiding something." Dean stated.

"And Bill, the people he loves they're all getting punished." Sam added. Dean paused.

"But why did it attack Hayden?" He asked. They both paused in thought.

"She figured something out." They said in unison.

"Hayden knows something that Peter doesn't want her too." Sam said. Dean glanced down at Hayden who was still unconscious.

"What if Bill did something to Peter?" He questioned.

"What if Bill killed Peter?" Sam said.

"His spirit would be furious. He's want revenge. It's possible." Dean agreed.

Suddenly Hayden shot up hasping for air. Dean quickly pulled over and touched her arm. She started screaming at the sudden contact.

"Hayden. Hayden! It's me! It me! Look at me!" Dean said. Hayden started looking around in shock seeing she was in the impala with Sam and Dean. She sighed in relief and attacked the brothers in a hug.

"He was so angry." She whimpered as Dean began driving again.

"Who?" Sam asked.

"Peter. He's angry." Hayden said.

"Hayden what happened in the hotel room?" Dean asked.

Hayden went silent and began scratching at her wrist. Dean glanced at her.

"Hayden, what happened?" He repeated.

"I don't wanna say." She said.

"Why not?" Sam asked.

"Because you'll get mad at me." She mumbled.

"Why would we get- you didn't... call the ghost to you, did you?" Dean said chuckling in disbelief. However, Hayden's silence answered the question.

"Hayden, I told you it was dangerous!" Dean scolded the child.

"Hayden why would you call Peter to you?" Sam asked calmly.

"Because he's killing people and I want to help stop him from hurting someone else. He said he wants to take them all to hell." She said.

The brothers shared a look.

"Just please don't be so reckless Hayden. He could've taken you too." Dean said.

"But he doesn't want me. He wanted to scare me and make me quiet like Lucas, so I won't tell." She stated.

———————————————————————————————

The three pulled up to Bill Carlton's house.

"Hayden wait here." Dean said as he and Sam got out of the car.

"Mr. Carlton!" Sam called to the house. Dean looked towards the lake hearing a motor going.

"Hey! Check it out!" Dean called to his brother. The two started running towards the lake as Bill drove his boat out into the water. They yelled for him to get out of the water and come back to shore. But an unnatural force hit the bottom of Bill's boat, projecting him into the water. Bill and the boat went under and never came back up.

———————————————————————————————

"Sam, Dean, Hayden. I didn't expect to see you hear." Andrea said as Sam and Dean, who was carrying Hayden, walked into the sheriff's station with the sheriff behind them.

"Are you feeling alright Hayden? I heard you were sick." She asked the child.

"I'm okay. Thank you." She replied.

"So now you're on a First-name bases. What are you doing here?" The sheriff asked his daughter.

"I brought you dinner." Andrea replied.

Dean placed Hayden on the floor wanting her to wait outside of the office while they talked with the sheriff.

"Daddy they're getting louder." She said quietly.

"The whispers?" Dean asked her. She nodded.

"Can you tell what they're saying?" He asked.

"Lucas. They're only saying Lucas." She replied. Dean glanced over to Lucas who was rocking in the chair. He seemed anxious and scared.

"I think it's better that you and Lucas went home." The sheriff said. Hearing this, Lucas got up and latched himself onto Dean's arm, pulling it.

"Lucas, hey. What is it?" Dean asked him but the child only gripped his arm harder as he whined. He was terrified. Andrea went over to Lucas holding his shoulders trying to comfort him but it wasn't working.

"Hey, Lucas it's okay. It's okay." Dean said but Lucas kept pulling his arm. Hayden walked over to him and gently touched his hands. Lucas paused in his movements and looked at her.

"It's okay." She said. Dean noticed the light glow coming from her hands as she slid Lucas's hands off Dean's arm. Lucas shook his mother off his shoulders and hugged Hayden. All of the adults were shocked at the action.

"It's okay. I won't let him get you." She whispered quietly so only Lucas could hear her. She then pulled away giving Lucas a small smile and he nodded at her. Andrea walked her son out of the station as he looked back at Dean, worried. Dean looked back at the child concerned.

Dean then looked at his daughter who had grabbed his hand. He walked her over to one of the chairs and sat her in it as Sam followed the sheriff in the office.

"Wait out here alright?" Dean said. She nodded and Dean started to walk away.

"Daddy?" Hayden called as she grabbed his hand pulling him back to her.

"I'm scared for Lucas. I don't know why the whispers are calling him." She said.

"It's alright Hayden. Nothing's going to happen to him. I'll make sure of that." Dean promised. Hayden nodded and Dean went into the sheriff's office with his brother.

———————————————————————————————

"Come on Hayden." Sam said as he and Dean walked out of the sheriff's office. Hayden looked up at the three men. The sheriff looked pissed. Sam looked annoyed and Dean was conflicted. Sam held his hand out to Hayden and she jumped off the chair and grabbed it.

The three got back into the impala and Dean began to leave the town.

"Daddy are we going to Lucas now?" Hayden asked completely oblivious to the fact that the sheriff had found them out and kicked them out of town.

"No we're going to leave town Hayden." Sam said.

"But why? I can still hear the whispers." She argued as they pulled into the motel to check out. The three got out of the car and went into their room to pack their stuff up.

"We don't have a choice Haddie. The sheriff found us out and if we don't want to get arrested and got to jail, we have to leave." Sam explained.

"But Uncle Sammy-" Sam cut Hayden off.

"Peter killed Bill Carlton and his entire family. He got what he wanted. The hunt is finished. We have to leave now." He said.

"But it's not." She said quietly.

———————————————————————————————

Dean stopped at a stop light. He was so lost in thought that he didn't realize the light had turned green.

"Green." Sam said.

"What?" Dean asked not fully out of his thoughts.

"Light's green." Sam informed his brother.

"Daddy we can't leave. They're too loud." Hayden said from the backseat. Dean looked at her through his rear view mirror.

He was already in his thoughts about what happened at the station with Lucas. Hayden's feelings have never been wrong before. If she could still hear the whispers, that means that Peter wasn't done drowning people and someone else was about to die. So Dean made the decision to head to Andrea's house instead of leaving the town.

"Uh... the interstate's the other way." Sam said.

"I know." Dean said.

"But Dean, this job, I think it's over." Sam argued.

"I'm not so sure." Dean replied.

"If Bill murdered Peter Sweeney and Peter's spirit got its revenge, case closed. The spirit should be at rest." Sam stated.

"So what if we take off and this thing isn't done? What if we missed something? What if more people get hurt?" Dean questioned.

"But why would you think that?" Sam asked.

"Because Lucas was really scared." Dean said.

"That's what this is about?" Sam questioned his brother in shock.

"The whispers." Hayden said. Sam turned to look at her.

"They're still here Uncle Sammy. They were calling Lucas." She informed him.

"I just don't wanna leave the town until I know the kid's okay." Dean said.

"Who are you and what have you done with my brother?" Sam asked bewildered.

"Shut up." Dean said.

"You don't care about kids besides Hayden." Sam stated.

"Well Hayden has a feeling that this isn't done. She's worried for this kid too. So I'm going with our guts and we're going to go check and make sure he's okay. If he is, we'll leave. If he's not, then we have a hunt to finish." Dean said. Sam just chuckled at the man.

———————————————————————————————

The three walked up to Andrea's door and knocked. Suddenly, Hayden started gasping for air and coughing up water. Sam and Dean's eyes widen as Sam grabbed her, trying to get her to breathe.

The door opened revealing a panicked Lucas. Lucas ran back into the house with Dean on his tail. Sam picked up Hayden and followed behind the two.

Lucas led them to the bathroom door where water was leaking from under the door and downing down the stairs. Lucas started banging on the bathroom door. Sam placed Hayden, who was still choking on water, on the floor to get Lucas out of the way.

Sam kicked the door in as Dean moved Lucas over to Hayden. He sat Lucas next to Hayden trying to get her to breathe. Lucas went to run back into the bathroom but stopped when Hayden grabbed him arm. Even in the state she was in she sent him a wave of calm to keep him out of the way.

Sam went to the bath tub where an unseen force was holding Andrea's head underwater. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled with all his might against the ghost to get her out. He had pulled Andrea's upper body out. She was gasping for air when the ghost tried to pull her face back in but Sam pulled her all the way out of the tub.

Hayden stopped chocking. Her and Andrea were couching trying to catch their breath.

———————————————————————————————

"Can you tell me?" Sam asked Andrea, who was traumatized and now dressed. Dean went looking for anything about Peter in the sheriff's belongings while Hayden stayed next to Lucas.

"No. It doesn't make any sense. I'm goin crazy." She began to cry.

"No you're not. Tell me what happened. Everything." Sam said.

Hayden stayed next to Lucas. He was still worried.

"Lucas?" She called to him. This time he looked at her. The whispers were still there but now she could hear them clearly.

Come play with me.

Hayden gasped in shock and Lucas walked away from her going to the window. She quickly followed him as her job was to stay by his side.

"Lucas? Lucas what is it?" Dean asked. Lucas didn't respond. He just grabbed Hayden's hand and walked outside, leading the adults to a spot in the woods behind the house. Upon standing on it, Hayden gasped seeing something.

A little boy smiled as he rode his bright red bicycle.

(Flash)

The sheriff and Bill Carlton were burying the red bicycle right and Peter was nowhere to be seen.

Hayden gasped coming out of the vision.

"Hayden what is it?" Dean asked.

"They buried it. The bike." She said.

"You and Lucas get back to the house and stay there okay?" Dean said to Andrea.

"Hayden, stay with Lucas." Sam said. Andrea grabbed her son and Hayden followed as Lucas hadn't let go of her hand.

Andrea, Lucas and Hayden watched Sam and Dean dig up Peter's bike. Andrea looked at Hayden shocked.

"How did you know that was there?" She asked the child. Hayden didn't get a chance to answer because before her eyes, the sheriff was pointing a loaded gun at her dad and his brother.

"You daddy going to kill my family." She said pointing to the scene.

"Lucas, you take Hayden to your room sweetie. Now. Lock the door and wait for me. Don't come out." Andrea said. Lucas quickly ran away pulling Hayden with him.

Lucas did not go to his room. He snuck out back with Hayden and the two watched the scene unfold.

"It's gonna take Andrea, Lucas and everyone you love. It's gonna drown them and it's gonna take their bodies God knows where so you can feel the same pain Peter's mom felt. And then after that, it's gonna take you and it's not gonna stop until it does." Sam explained.

"Yeah? And how do you know that?" The sheriff asked.

"Because that's exactly what it did to Bill Carlton." Sam stated.

"Listen to yourselves. Both of you. You're insane." The sheriff said.

"I don't really give a rat's ass what you think of us. That thing attacked my baby girl and she's got absolutely nothing to do with this. So if we're gonna bring down this spirit, we need to find the remains, salt them and burn them to dust. Now tell me you buried Peter somewhere. Tell me you didn't just let him go in the lake." Dean said.

"Come play with me." A voice came. Lucas and Hayden's heads turned to the river. Lucas, who still hasn't released Hayden's hand, ran up towards the lake with her.

"Lucas we shouldn't. It's dangerous." She warned him but he didn't listen.

Lucas got down on his knees, pulling Hayden with him, reaching to the water with his free hand. No matter what, the boy didn't want to let go of her hand. Hayden looked at the water seeing one of Lucas's army men in the water. He was trying to get it. He looked at Hayden.

"Fine I'll help you get it but then we should really get away from here. It's not safe." She said. Then she laid on her stomach and reached for the toy with Lucas.

"HAYDEN!" Dean yelled. She sat up on her knees upon hearing the panic in his voice. Suddenly an arm shot out the water pulling Lucas in and Lucas, who still had Hayden's hand, pulled Hayden with him. They peaked their heads out to try and get out the water.

"DADDY!" Hayden screamed before she was pulled back under. Peter peaked his head out of the water locking eyes with the sheriff before going back under with Hayden and Lucas. Sam and Dean dove in after the children. Andrea tried to follow.

"Andrea stay there." Sam order. He quickly dove under with his brother looking for any sign of Hayden or Lucas.

They came up for air. "Sam?" Dean asked. Sam shook his head. They gathered air and went back under.

"Peter if you can hear me. Please, Peter I'm sorry. I'm so- I'm sorry. Peter. Lucas, he's just a little boy and the girl has nothing to do with this. Please, it's not their fault it's mine. Please take me! Let them go! Let it be over!" Jake said going into the water until it was at his neck.

"Jake No!" Dean yelled.

Then Peter grabbed Jake's leg pulling him under that surface into the darkness. Sam and Dean went back under searching for the children. Sam was the first to come back up. He looked around frantically before going back under.

Dean breached the surface with Lucas in his arms. He placed Lucas, who was coughing up water, onto the dock as Sam came back up for air.

"Oh my god!" Andrea gasped in shock as she looked out into the water. Hayden was a bit further from them face down in the water. Sam went after her grabbing the child.

"She fought him." Lucas said shocking Dean and Andrea. Sam quickly got her onto the dock and began CPR.

"What?" Dean said shocked.

"She fought him off me. He tried to drag me further down and she wouldn't let him take me." Lucas informed the adults.

Sam suddenly stopped CPR as Hayden shot up vomiting water. Sam patted her back and Dean went over to her.

"I could kick your ass for scaring me like that." He said to her. She could feel his fear and gave him a hug.

"Im sorry daddy. I'm okay." She said.

———————————————————————————————

Sam, Dean and Hayden walked to the impala. Dean seemed upset as he opened the car door, tossing in a bag. Sam and Hayden looked at him.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Hayden asked as she grabbed his hand.

"Yeah. I'm okay." He replied. She knew it was a lie though.

"Dean, we're not gonna save everybody." Sam said to his brother.

"I know." Dean replied.

"Sam! Dean! Hayden!" Andrea's voice called. The three looked over seeing her and Lucas approaching them with a parting gift.

"Hey." Dean said as the three met them half way.

"I'm glad we caught you. We just- we made you lunch for the road. Lucas insisted on make the sandwiches himself." Andrea informed the three.

"Can I give it to them now?" Lucas asked.

"Sure sweetie." Andrea replied.

"Come on Lucas, let's load these in the car." Dean said grabbing the plate from him, leading him to the impala. Hayden followed the two.

When they got to the impala, Lucas stopped and turned to Hayden.

"Hayden." Lucas said.

"Thank you for fighting off the ghost and saving me." He said. Hayden smiled at him.

"It's our job." She said. Dean shot her a look.

"I mean, You're welcome." She corrected herself. Dean sat the plate down and sat on the seat as Lucas and Hayden stood in front of him.

"Alright, if you're gonna be talking now, this is a very important phrase. So I want you to repeat it back to me." Dean said.

"Zeppelin Rules!" Lucas said.

"Alright. Up high." Dean said. Lucas high fives him with a big smile on his face.

"That's not an important phrase." Hayden said from beside Lucas. Dean dramatically placed his hand over his heart.

"How dare you?" He said to his daughter. Lucas decided to side with Dean and at along.

"It's the most important." He stated. Hayden frowned at the two.

"No it's not." She argued.

"Is too." Lucas said.

"Is not." Hayden said back.

"It's alright Lucas. Girls will never understand." Dean said. Hayden crossed her arms and pouted. Dean chuckled at her and pulled her into a hug before looking at Lucas.

"You take care of your mom okay?" Dean said to him. Hayden moved away from Dean and gave Lucas a hug as Sam and Andrea came over.

Andrea looked at Hayden as Dean stood up.

"Hayden, thank you for being a brave girl and saving my son." She said.

"You're welcome." She replied smiling brightly. Andrea then turned to Dean and kissed him on the lips saying thank you. Lucas used his hand to cover Hayden's eyes.

"Lucas it's okay. A lot of ladies kiss my daddy. You don't have to cover my eyes." Hayden said. Everyone head shot to Hayden as she pushed Lucas's hand away from her face. Sam laughed as Dean scratched his head.

"Sam, Hayden moves your asses. We're gonna lose daylight before we hit the road." Dean said walking to the driver side of the impala.

Sam laughed again as he picked up Hayden putting her in the backseat before getting in himself. They all waved goodbye before Dean pulled off and the three were back on the road.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382 21 5
"He wanted to run to her, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't. That wasn't his place...it was Sam's, he just had to let go" :-: Aft...
13.9K 850 12
cover it all up with lies i try to laugh about it hiding the tears in my eyes cause ๐—•๐—ข๐—ฌ๐—ฆ ๐——๐—ข๐—ก'๐—ง ๐—–๐—ฅ๐—ฌ โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ seasons 3 - ?? *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ W...
78 3 4
Supernatural: the Father Hunt The Winchesters are not normal. For instance, they grew up hunting the supernatural. They may have had their difference...
102K 4.4K 34
i know my girlfriend is a ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—–๐—› โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ season 2 - 4 dean winchester x female oc *slow updates* โ—ฆโ€ขโ—ฆ WARNING ; bloody/gory descriptions, major chara...