Wish Upon A Star

By gd_carpediem

Twenty-three-year-old, Sana Minatozaki, an idol and a member of a famous Kpop girl group meets an independent... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

12

216 11 0
By gd_carpediem

Tzuyu's POV

For the nth time, I had to go back to this place where white is the only visible color in the entire environment. You could smell the strong scent of disinfectant and hear the sounds of the apparatus everywhere. Yes, I'm here at the hospital because it's Friday and today is my schedule for another check-up. It should be later in the evening but got postponed because my very annoying cousin is going somewhere tonight. I couldn't do anything but to informed Jeongyeon that I can't go to work this morning and just decided to go this afternoon instead. Probably, Chaeyoung will be going to ask about this that's why I leave it to Jeongyeon to explain everything. But not the exact reason why I wasn't at the restaurant right now. I hope she can make Chaeyoung believe to her reasoning.

When I was a kid, the hospital for me felt like it was my second home. And together with my parents, I always visited that place because of my illness. It was absolutely dreadful but now that I'm an adult and not a kid anymore, hospital for me kinda sucks and is irritating to see. I let out a heavy sigh as I looked around in this small room which is the clinic of my cousin.

"Don't sigh here, it will bring bad luck to my clinic". Daniel talks all of a sudden while kept looking at my test results as he examines it. I just hissed at him and get the magazine on the table.

"Why is it taking you so long to check on it? I'm still going to work this afternoon." I said to him while browsing the magazine.

"Are you still taking your meds and vitamins?", he asked.

"Yes." I simply answered.

"How about exercising?"

"Yes. Every morning before I go to work."

"Enough rest?"

"Of course! What's with the nonstop questioning?!", I slightly raised my voice at him but I didn't mean to. He moved a little and looked at me with a blank expression which I noticed immediately. So I glanced at him and he said, "Are you mad?".

"No, I'm not. I'm sorry, Hyung. I didn't mean to raise my voice. It was just annoying that you always asked me the same questions whenever I'm here to have a check-up." I explained then he asked me another question but it was not related to my illness.

"Alright then, how's your relationship with Sana?". He asked which made me surprised. How did he find out about it? He looked at me with a serious expression while I'm giving him a confused look.

"Why are you looking at me like that, Tzuyah? Are you going to ask me how and from whom I found it? It's that what you implied?", He smirked.

"It's Dad. Am I right? He's a great gossiper". I put back the magazine on the table and sit properly.

"Good thing you know that Uncle is so talkative." He chuckled and then bring back its serious face instantly. He stood up and went in front of his table to sit on it. He crossed his arm and fix his eyeglasses. "Lessen your time working at the restaurant", he suggested.

"What?! No..Why am I gonna do that?", I objected.

"Then, Lessen the time being with your girl." As soon as I heard it, I quickly stood up and looked at him in disbelief. "What makes you think that I will do that? There's no way! That's what I won't do. Never!", I scoffed at his idea.

"You choose what you must do because it will help you a lot. You tire yourself too much, Tzuyu." He started arguing with me. He touched his computer and turn it on to me so that I could see the ECG result on the monitor.

"Look at this". He pointed his index finger and explained everything to me. After that, I just looked dumbfounded at what I found and we both fell silent.

"Listen to me. Exhausting yourself too much makes your heart, not in a good condition. It will cause you harm. Do you understand that?". The seriousness on his face was still visible. "You can't decide? Then do both of them", he continued.

"What?! N~no..." I darted my eyes at her.

"Tzuyu, you need to be safe! You still haven't found a donor! You have to listen to me because I'm your doctor!" This time, I know he is mad. But who cares, this is my body. This is my life so it's up to me to do what I want.

"I know what's best for me. Even if you are my doctor, it is still up to me what should I do. This is my body and you didn't own it", I angrily said to him which makes him mad even more. He walked closer and confronted me. "Don't insist on that. I won't buy it. Don't be so hard-headed! If you don't listen to me I will tell this to Uncle. I will make you come back to Taiwan and send you to my father!", he said emphatically. Then suddenly, my phone rang which interrupts our conversation. I took my phone out of my pocket and then I saw Jihyo's name on the screen. I was surprised and got curious so I had to excuse myself to Hyung and answered the call first before I ended this conversation with him.

"It's Jihyo," I said to him and I saw his eyes widen. I don't know if it is just my imagination. But right now, I need to know the reason why is she calling me. "Excuse me but I need to answer this, Hyung." I raised my hand while holding the phone and showed it to him then he just nodded.

----

"Yah! CHOU TZUYU!".

"W~what is it? Please, calm down. Why are you yelling, Jihyo?", I asked her with confusion all over my face.

"Sana's sick. Since it's all your fault, I need you to come here to her condo and take good care of her now! ASAP!"

"What did you say?!–." I was really worried and I felt guilty as soon as I heard that. My conscience eats me up. I shouldn't drag her in the rain last night. I will still be going to say a few more words but she cut me off.

"I do believe you heard that. So I won't repeat myself again. I have a schedule today and it's very important that's why I need you to be there. And as soon as I hang up this call, you need to be here within a few minutes, or else I'll punch you right straight in your face when we saw you each other. Understood?"

"Uhm... Ah.. Y~yes! I'm on my way there now!", I utterly said.

"And now we are all cleared. I will now leave Sana here while she's sleeping since you're already on your way now."

I'm going to say my last word to apologize to her but she just hang up the call already and our conversation ended just like that. I didn't know Jihyo will be this scary. The way she yelled me up a while ago feels like she's going to eat me alive. I deeply sighed and Hyung, cleared his throat when he noticed Jihyo and I have finished talking. Then, I put back my phone inside my pocket.

"I said no more sighing. You already giving a lot of bad luck in my clinic." He's now calm down based on the way he speaks to me. I looked at him with relief. I thought we will end up on good terms. But the way he is just staring at me as if he was waiting for my decision, I immediately furrowed my eyebrows as I feel uneasy again.

"Hyung..I'm sorry if I got mad and even raised my voice at you earlier. But please, don't make me choose between my career and Sana. I'll promise I will take care of myself even more. I will not tire myself too much. Just don't do this to me. I'm going to follow all your orders because I respect you as my doctor and as my Hyung but please...not this. Not in this way." I was on a verge of crying as I begged him.

He slowly walked towards me and held my shoulders. Despite arguing with each other, he still managed to smile at me.

"Hyung....Please, just this once. Let me decide on my own. And stop always getting mad at me." I softly said to him then he suddenly chuckled.

"Alright. Alright. I let this slide but you promised me to take good care of yourself, Okay? I was just concerned about you. I'm not mad. I was just worried. I'm sorry", He said and removed her grip on me. "I guessed you need to go now". He added and I bob my head at him.

When I was about to walk out the door, I remembered his reaction a while ago when I mentioned Jihyo's name that's why I asked him if he knows Jihyo. "Before I leave, would you mind if I asked you a question?"

"Go ahead. What is it?", he laughed softly.

"Do you know her?"

"Who?". He was curious as he looked at me.

"Jihyo. Park Jihyo. You know her?".

He shows a flashy smile.

"Gosh! Of course, you will know her. I forgot Jihyo is a member of the Korean Girl group. She's the leader of Twice. Who wouldn't know the Goddess Jihyo." I laughed out loud at my silliness and Hyung laughed as well.

"Nevermind. I will leave now. Thank you for being the best Doctor!", I quickly ran towards him and give him a quick hug then go now.

"She's my ex. The girl I mentioned to you two years ago", He said which made me stop moving. I was too stunned to speak as I heard that. I looked back at him but he was now busy on his computer. So I just decided to close the door and leave. Why did they break up? Oh, I remember now! They were too busy to maintain their relationship. Too busy for love if I haven't been mistaken. I guess career is their priority over love. Well, I can't blame them. Hyung is a doctor while Jihyo is a celebrity. It's a mutual decision so I'll just respect it. Besides, the past is past. They had moved on already.

As I walked towards the parking lot, I took my phone out to call Jeongyeon and tell her that I won't go to the restaurant this day because Sana was sick. I need to check on her. I'm grateful I have a very understanding friend. I owe her a lot this day.

----

10:00 AM, Sana's Condo

I opened the door and quickly went to her room. I peeked at her inside and there was the love of my life sleeping soundly in her bed then slowly, I closed the door to let her rest. Afterward, I went to the kitchen to cook an abalone porridge for her because I bet she will be hungry later. She likes berries so I bought strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries at the nearby store when I'm on my way here. I washed all the berries and then put them in the bowl. After an hour, the porridge was done so I bring it together with the berries and went to her room. I slowly opened the door to her room not to wake her up. I put them on the table and walked towards her. I forgot the flowers in the living area so I went out to get the sunflowers that I put on the couch. I go back to the room and put the flowers in the vase. When I glanced at her, she was covered with a duvet. I lowered it slightly to touch her forehead. She's hot. I need to wipe her off with a cold wet towel to reduce the heat on her body. I go to her closet and get a towel. I also get cold water inside the mini fridge here in her room. Then, I went straight to the bathroom and wet the towel.

I sat down next to her. I pull down the duvet and lowered it to her abdomen. As soon as I wiped her face, she flinched and opened her eyes. She's awake now.

"It's cold", she said in a husky voice. "Babe? It's that you?", she asked.

"Stay still. Don't move." I said to her. She then hugged me on my waist when she found out it was me and after that, she closed again her eyes.

"Give me your hand first. I need to wipe it."

"No..I don't like it. It's cold", she whined. "Cuddle with me. That's what I like", she whispered. I just let out a smile when I heard it from her. "Alright. I will do that if you allow me to finish this first. After this, I will be going to feed you. I prepared an abalone porridge and berries for you", I added up.

"Nah..I'm not starving." I can feel that she shook her head.

"Your so stubborn, huh?!." I stood up and removed the duvet that covers her body. I immediately lifted her body and carried her in my arms.

"Babe! What are you doing? Put me down!", she squealed.

"If you don't behave, I will drop you on the floor. Test me", I warned her but it was just a joke for her to stay still.

"You can move your body, right? I can't just undress you here right away that's why I will bring you to the bathroom. You will wipe your body that I didn't wipe earlier, okay? Be careful. ", I said.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and lean closer to my ear which made me startled."Why don't you just put me down and finish what you are doing to my body?", she seductively whispered to my ears. I cleared my throat to lighten up the mood. I feel like my whole body heated up in an instant even though the AC is turned on. I averted my eyes and look to the other side then I just heard a giggle from her. "Why are you suddenly quiet? Just now, you seem to be very dominant while talking to me?", she said.

"Because you're teasing me! Stop it. You're sick, right? Hold on tight", I said.

"But you seem to like it", Sana kept on teasing me. I shake my head and just ignored her silliness. "I said hold on tight", I repeated then I started to walk and bring her inside the bathroom then quickly closed the door.

"Babe! I'm just teasing you. Don't take it seriously", I could hear her laugh from the outside. "Can you get my nighties? The black one, please?", she asked.

"Seriously?! Nighties? A while ago you just said that you feel cold", I mumbled and she heard what I said.

"Are you saying something, Babe?"

"Nothing", I simply answered and went to her closet. Instead of her nighties, I just took her pink pajamas with a strawberry printed on them. I smirked as I handed it to her.

"This is not what I told you to bring."

"I don't know what are you talking about, Babe. Just hurry up there so you can rest on the bed now." I silently grin at her. After a couple of minutes, the door opened and she showed up. I carried her quickly and lay her down on the bed before she whined about her clothes.

"Cuddle with me now." Sana extended her arms to me.

"Babe, you have to eat first." I insisted but she just rolled her eyes at me and turn to the left side and covered herself with a duvet. She's sulking now.

"Babe...." I called her but she didn't pay attention to me. I let out a sigh because she's so stubborn but then I smiled as she acted like a child.

"And now, you're sighing at me?!", she said in a sulky voice without looking at me. I scratched my temple and calm myself first. I think my patience will be tested today. Then I move closer to her and lay beside her. Afterward, I removed the duvet then quickly wrapped my left arm around her body then pulled her to face me. I enclosed the other one and locked her in my arms. I'm now hugging her so tight. I covered our bodies with a duvet. "Are you still cold?", I asked her.

"Not anymore. Because I'm in the warmest place right now. In your arms, will always be my favorite place", she giggled and buried her face in my neck. I could feel her warm breathing.

"You sure you're not hungry?". She nodded and said, "Just hugs and kisses are enough". Then, later on, I started to feel her slowly kissing me on my neck which made me widen my eyes in surprise. She just now kissing me in my weakest spot. "B~babe...." I weakly said. I thought Sana will going to stop but she keep doing it. She even hugs me tighter. I cussed as I feel the tickling sensation she was giving me. My body heated up at what she was doing at this moment. "Babe, y~you're..Fck!". She bit my neck. I should stop her already before it will go further. I may not hold back when it continues. I move backward to give her some space. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me.

"Why", she whined.

I just stared at her face. Then my gaze went to her eyes down to her nose and end up staring at her thin lips. I gulped as my head thought of other things. She was saying something but I didn't mind it and focus on her face.

"Babe, Are you alright?", she asked me and when she cupped my cheeks I don't know why but my body betrayed me. I pulled her body closer to me then kiss her and she kissed me back.

"B~babe...", She moan between our kisses which makes me aroused and made me deepen my kiss on her. We kissed passionately. The way we kissed feels like it's always the first time. My hand went inside her clothes. Believe me or not, when I do that, my heart pounds so loud that I can hear its beating.

My hand started to crawl up to her mount. I immediately stopped moving and become surprised when I can't feel any cover of it. She doesn't wear her bra.

She broke our kiss. Sana looked at me and frowned. "Why you stopped?". She asked me with a flashy smile. She knew it. She knew this would I going to react.

"Nothing, you silly", I smirked, and then suddenly, I heard her stomach growl. We both look at each other. She just blankly stared at me. While I swear to God, I wanted to laugh so loud because of it but I decided to hold back. I don't want her to feel embarrassed. So what I did was to get up from the bed and get the porridge and berries on the table. As I turned my back to her, I had a chance to laugh silently.

"Yah! Chou Tzuyu!", She called me by my name. I flinched in shock as she say my name. I knew she was annoyed at me.

"Why are you laughing?", she asked.

"I'm not laughing, Babe", I denied.

"Really? But I'm watching you from here and I saw your shoulders moving and going up and down. Do you think I'm blind?", she said emphatically. I let out a heavy sigh to be calm and composed myself as I turn around to face her. When I approached her, I didn't take my eyes off her. We looked at each other seriously. Then myself betrayed me when I remembered how loud her stomach growled a while ago. I bit my lower lip to prevent myself from laughing again. I even got teary. Meanwhile, Sana burst out a laugh all of a sudden which made me surrender. I laughed too. We laughed out loud nonstop.

"You~You're not starving, huh?!", I said while laughing.

"Tss. Stop now. This ain't funny anymore. You making me more embarrassed." Sana become serious that's why I stop already and sat beside her. "I'm sorry", I said to her.

"Open your mouth. I'll feed you. Eat this while this is still warm." Sana opens her mouth and chews on it.

"Hmm..It's delicious", She smiled at me.

"You need to finish all of this including the berries. After that, you'll be going to take your med. I need to be so sure that you will get well soon because Jihyo will beat my ass if not." I said.

"Are you scared of her now?", she chuckled.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were sick? If Jihyo hadn't called, I wouldn't have known. She scolded me this morning. She even yelled at me as if she will eat me alive." I chuckled and looked at her; waiting for her to speak up.

"I can take good care of myself. Besides, you have work today. I don't want to disturb you. And yet you choose to take care of me instead of working", she explained.

"It's fine. I told Jeongyeon that I won't be able to go to work today so don't worry about it now."

"You think Jihyo is mad at me? I'm sorry babe. It's my fault why you got sick." I lowered my head and stares at the porridge. She held my chin and made me look at her.

"Silly! Jihyo is just like that whenever she was worried. She looks mad but she's not. It's just her way to be concerned with the person." Sana softly smiled.

After she finished eating, she take up her medicine and I left her to go to the kitchen and clean the dishes. When I returned to her room, I bring the vitamins I bought earlier at the hospital.

"Seriously?!". Her mouth dropped open in disbelief.

"Why?", I asked her.

"You even asked me why?".

"Yes, What's wrong with this, babe? It's just vitamins."

"Did you buy all that?".

"Yes. I bought five boxes of multivitamins. Each box contains 100 pieces. It will help you strengthen your resistance and it is good for your immune system so next time you don't get sick easily."

"Why did you buy so many?! You're unbelievable!", Sana closes her eyes, breathes deeply, and lets her breath out in a long sigh.

"Did I buy a lot? Fine, then share it with your friends. Give them one box each."

---

9:30 PM

We already had dinner together. Now, we were lying in bed watching a movie. Then, out of nowhere, Sana asked me something.

"Babe..The first time we met, how did you feel about me? I want you to answer me through our song." She laughed softly, and gently slap my arm. "Come on! Just for fun", she added. I laughed at what she said and started thinking about what song would go well with her question.

"Hmmm.......What is love?", I answered right away.

"Why?". She looked at me and her face tells me how excited she is to know my answer.

"The answer itself explains it. You're the first person I've ever loved in my entire existence. I learned how to love. How good it feels to love and be loved." I guess she was too flustered by the way her cheeks reddened and her smile widen. I just smile at her reaction and return the question to her."It's corny, right? But it's all true. How about you?", I asked.

"Feel Special. That night, I had a panic attack because I was really scared. Well, I have a phobia of thunder and lightning. Then you showed up unexpectedly and saved me. That was the first time, someone makes me feel safe and secure", she replied.

While watching, I bit my lower lip to hide my smile from her. I was overwhelmed when I heard everything she said. So this is how love really is. I kiss her forehead and stare at her beautiful face.

"I love you, Babe". Sana hugged me tight and I hugged her as well and said, "I love you more. Let's go to sleep. You need to rest now", I touched her forehead to check her temperature. She's still hot. I hope she feels better tomorrow. I turned off the TV and also the lights then left the lampshade on so I can still see her in the dark. I didn't sleep right away and waited for her to fall asleep first. Suddenly, she talked about something to me.

"Babe, I have.....a secret." As soon as I heard that, I felt shocked and uneasy. I remembered that I'm sick. Actually, I have a heart disease and Sana still doesn't know about it. I went back to my trance when she continued speaking and I just listened to her." If we bet whose secret is more shocking and sad, I bet I'll win". She stops for a second and I heard her swallow and sigh deeply then began to talk again. "No one knows about my family background since it's confidential. Even in the socmed, there is not much information about my family. Only my friends, my manager, and Mr. Park knows it." I can feel the weight of her feelings in every word she says.

"I have a younger sister and she has an illness, a hypertrophic cardiomyopathy heart disease. Back then, she was completely fine when I decided to go here to Seoul for my dream to be part of a Korean Girl Group. I even promised her that I will become a celebrity. But during my training days, I didn't know that she was already struggling with her illness. I thought she was feeling fine and that's what my parents tell me too. Two days before my debut as a member of Twice, we had talked in face time. I remember how happy she was when I informed her about it. Her bright eyes and sweet smile as if she's not a kid with an illness. I remember it so well, her angelic face. But–. Sana suddenly sobbed which made me surprised. She hugged me even tighter. I could feel her tears flowing down my shirt.

"Shhhh...It's okay, babe if you can't go on anymore. We can talk about it some other time." I softly caressed the back of her head.

But she continued.

"M~My younger sister.......she died on the day of my debut. Oh God...she was just nine years old at that time." Sana cried out loud. "Why does it still hurt?! It hurts so much...Why is everything still fresh to me?! My poor baby sister...." She was sobbing painfully. I was on the verge of crying when I found out her sister's cause of death. I swear to God, my throat hurts as I hold back my tears. I quickly wiped the corner of my eyes, shook my head, and removed my embrace from her. I looked at her and cupped her cheeks.

"Hush now. I know it hurts a lot. But look how strong you are right now to keep going forward. You already reached your dream just like what you promised to your sister. And you know what, you're sister will be always proud of you. With what you are and what you have come right now." I slowly smile at her and wiped away all the tears that keeps flowing down her cheeks. "Even if you didn't see her now nor touch her, you're sister will always be there by your side. Keep that on your mind, Okay?". I added and she just nodded at me. I give her a quick peck on her lips and wrapped my arms around her body. After a while, she easily fell asleep because of crying so much. I let out a heavy sigh as I was staring at the ceiling. How can I tell her now about my illness? Should I still keep it a secret?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a long update. Be patient as you read. Please, support all of my stories! Thank you. ☺️ ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.4K 1.9K 29
"Will you be my girlfriend?" "Will you marry me? Will you be in my life forever? Will you be the wife of this hopeless girl?" Tzuyu is a fan of TWIC...
784K 28.3K 112
Chou Tzuyu is the daughter of one of the famous businessmen in Asia. She's a narcissistic person, she dated lots of women, she doesn't know the word...
You and Me By Uno

Fanfiction

211K 6.2K 95
Son Chaeyoung is a college student and the only daughter of the CEO of Son Group of Companies. She had a tragic love story with her first love dying...
64.4K 3.1K 82
Then, in a little whisper like it is not just the two of them in the room, Sana asked, "I've been meaning to ask you for a while now. Does... that pe...