Kirby Right Back at Ya: Rewri...

By Imasilly89

A close friend of mine suggested that I do a fan made Kirby Right Back At Ya reboot, so this is it. (Or seaso... More

Disclaimer
Disclaimer 2
Episode 1: An Ally From the Stars, Part 1
Episode 2: An Ally From the Stars, Part 2
Episode 3: Fight Fire With Fire
Episode 4: Beam Attack!
Episode 6: Flagball Royale
Episode 7: Ups and Downs
Episode 8: The Education Situation
Episode 9: A Lost Legend
Episode 10: Guilty Until Proven Innocent
Episode 11: The Masked Swordsman, Part 1
Episode 12: The Masked Swordsman, Part 2
Episode 13: Meta-Not
Episode 14: Taking Action
Episode 15: Dedede's Ark
Episode 16: A Dynamic Documentary
Episode 17: The Son Rises Again
Episode 18: A Foolish Fabrication
Episode 19: That Strange Feeling
Episode 20: The Dark King, Part 1
Episode 21: The Dark King, Part 2
Episode 22: Lone Hero
Episode 23: The Health Inspection

Episode 5: New Limits

99 1 7
By Imasilly89

Kirby was sleeping peacefully in his house. As he slept, no doubt dreaming about food, a shadow crept into his house. He had a vague sense that someone was there, but it didn't seem like it was dark matter. Kirby's heart raced as footsteps got closer and closer, and a hand grabbed his nub. His eyes fluttered open to see Tiff, who seemed to be trying to wake him.

The pink puffball, like literally anyone else, did not want to be woken up at four in the morning. He was very agitated at her and tried to go back to sleep. In response, Tiff shook the bed, waking Kirby back up.

Now, it is very hard to stay in a good mood in this situation. Kirby, trying anyway, let her say what she wanted to say. Tiff, seeing what he was doing, began, "Kirby, listen, I wanna know more about how you work."

Kirby was about to dismiss her and go back to sleep, but then he realized that he didn't even know how he worked. It could be interesting to find out. Then Kirby looked outside and remembered that it was four in the morning. 

Tiff continued, "I'm getting you this early in the morning because, by statistical evidence, those dark eye creatures don't appear at night. Ironic."

Kirby got up and rubbed his eyes, upset at the fact that he had no excuse. He didn't want to go, but also didn't want to let his friend down. Realizing something, he mumbled, "Bandandee?"

She seemed irritated that Kirby wanted to bring him along, but the help of the royal guard could be useful. Reluctantly, she pulled out her phone and called the number on the card Bandana Dee left her. It rung once, then she was met with a sharp answer, "State your name and business!"

Tiff, already regretting her choice, answered, "Tiff Ebrum, here to invite you guys on a quest that Kirby and I are going on."

Bandana Dee, yawning a bit, replied, "Sorry, Miss Ebrum, but my position and team comes first. I can't just ask for a day off at four in the morning. Hope you understand, you guys are on your own."

Tiff, celebrating a bit inside, said cheerfully, "OK, good night."

She gladly hung up, then said to Kirby, "Yeah, he's not coming." Kirby was disappointed, but also tired. In response, Tiff pulled out a backpack. "I got snaaaacks," she said, waving the bag in front of Kirby. He immediately got up and ran out the door. Tiff went after him, as he didn't know where he was going.

=====

*Theme Song Plays*

=====

The next day, the royal guard was waiting at its post, when Dedede walked up to them. He looked at the four of them, a hint of frustration running along his brow. "Where's Kirbeh, weren't ya training him?"

Bandana Dee answered, "Well, Tiff told me that she was taking him on a quest. It was four in the waddling morning, sire. I spaced on asking her where she was going. Hopefully, this proves to be a good training exercise for Kirby anyways."

Dedede stood there, processing what the royal guard captain had just said. Kirby was out of town for the day, it sounded. Of course, he was relieved that the pink menace was gone. But, an hour later, he realized something as he lay in bed. He grabbed the emblem off of his crown and said, "Psst, Zero."

What is it now, sire?

"Just wanted to tell ya that Kirbeh left town, so we can take the day off."

What? Where did he go?

"Does it matter?"

Dream land is a land of many a legend, if Kirby were to pick up a magical artifact, such as The Star Rod, The Rainbow Drops, The Amazing Mirror, there are even a few crystal shards on this planet.

"You're right, this is serious."

There are also many legendary creatures that Kirby could potentially tame and wield as his own. Dyna Blade, Whispy Woods, Kabu, Wham Bam...

As Zero droned on and on with legends and myths and references, Dedede began to get very worried about what Kirby was up to. Eventually, he conceded. "Fine!" He said, "We send two dark matters to watch Kirbeh and potentially stop him if he finds one of the legends."

Fair enough.

"What just happened?"

=====

As the sun rose over dreamland, Tiff was beginning to regret her decision. It was exhausting, cold, and difficult to traverse through Whispy Woods. What had made it even worse is that Kirby fell asleep, so now she had to carry him. After brief, but fair thoughts of pretending to leave him behind (she would never actually leave him :) ), she just put him in the backpack.

After about an hour of traversing, Kirby had finally woken up. Realizing where he was, he hopped out the bag, knocking Tiff slightly off balance. Once they had both readjusted themselves, they continued to walk through Whispy Woods. 

Tiff kept glancing at her map, making sure to follow it as closely as she could. Kirby just followed, jolly as a puffball could be. (Which is pretty jolly.) Suddenly, he stopped, sensing something behind him. After spotting a purple owl, just flying through the air tiredly, Kirby just shrugged it off as the dark matters kept a safe distance behind. Their goal was to watch, not to attack. At least, not yet.

=====

King Dedede ran through Waddle Dee Town as fast as he could, from sprinting, to jumping up slopes, to sliding down hills, he had to get to his destination. Once he made it, he knocked on the door. A little boy with his green hair over his eyes answered the door, he appeared to have just paused a video game, as he was holding his controller and wore a headset of some kind. When he saw that it was Dedede who was at the door, he took off his headset.

"Oh, hey majesty." Tuff said, rather bluntly.

Ignoring his rude response, the king asked, "Do ya know where your sister is?"

"Nope, why do you ask?"

"She brought Kirbeh with her, and it's his job to protect us from dark ma- those eyeball creatures that no one knows the names of."

You almost-

"Well, now that you mention it, she did say something about taking him to Kabu's Cavern. I don't know why, but she told me to stay out of it. I haven't actually been involved with any of Kirby's adventures yet, Hmm..." (Episode 6, he'll be involved.)

"Okay, that's good enough, see ya!"

Dedede slammed the door in his face. After an awkward moment, Tuff put his headset back on and went back to the TV.

Outside, Dedede didn't know how to feel about the information he'd gotten. On one hand, he now knew where Kirby was going, on the other hand, it was a gateway to all knowledge about the legendary star warriors. 

If Kirby finds out about the star warriors, he might find a way to use them against us.

"How, ain't they all 'bout protecting the universe, or something like that?"

He excels at making friends, and you do not want to be on his bad side when he has star warriors on his side.

"Fair point, we gotta stop him."

=====

After about ten minutes, Kirby and Tiff had made there way to the cavern. It was a bit creepy, with stone heads lining the hallway, leading directly to a large, stone head. Tiff immediately recognized it as Kabu. Leading Kirby down the slope, she walked forward cautiously. Kirby was admiring all of the cool stone heads around him, then he realized that they were staring at him, and he shuffled behind Tiff.

The two of them approached the large head. Tiff was so afraid that she pushed Kirby ahead a bit, while Kirby was so afraid that he didn't even sense the dark blobs floating behind them. When he made it up to Kabu, Kirby stuttered one word, "H-Hi!"

Kabu boomed, "Hello, young star warrior! How are your skills developing?"

Kirby was confused, but Tiff was even more confused. She butted past Kirby, interjecting, "What do you mean, skills? And what's a star warrior?"

Kabu laughed a bit at the child that stood before him, before explaining, "Star warriors are a race, dedicated to protecting the universe from any grand threat. You may have read about their battle against a foe known as Nightmare."

Tiff thought back to her intergalactic history textbooks, "Oh, yeah! Wasn't that when Sir Arthur banished him to the dream realm?"

Kabu did what could only be described as a nod, "Yes, and since that, they have been attempting to deal with a greater threat, known simply as the Jambastion."

"Huh, gonna have to keep that name in mind, I have a feeling it's gonna come up later in the series", Tiff said, winking at the reader.

Kabu looked at Kirby, "This is a young star warrior. His current stage is when he masters his unique power."

Tiff looked at Kirby with amazement, "Unique power?"

Kabu elaborated, "Every star warrior has a power unique to them, along with a weapon that they choose after stage two."

Tiff was getting more intrigued, (just like you guys, probably.) and asked, "What's stage two?"

Kabu simply looked behind Kirby, "Watch your back, young star warrior, there is a foe behind you."

Kirby looked back to see a figure, clad in green armor, it reminded him of Blade Knight, but that couldn't be the case, so what could the darkness have possessed? This knight, with his Gigantic Edge, swung its sword at Kirby. Kirby got hit into the wall, hard.

Tiff, having dodged the attack, watched as the knight trudged toward Kirby. Thinking, she looked around at what could possibly help the young puffball in this predicament. She saw on the wall a rack of weapons, probably meant as spares for any star warriors retreating. 

She looked through them all, muttering, "Scythe, no. Mace, no. A hammer? Why would Kirby ever need a hammer? Aha! Kirby, catch this!" 

Kirby looked up to see a sword spinning through the air at him. Thanking Tiff mentally, he inhaled it and became Sword Kirby again. Then he saw that Tiff had actually thrown a torch at him. Kirby was very unsure of what to do in this situation. Sword or Fire? Sword or Fire? The question repeated as the world seemingly went in slow motion. 

Sword might provide him with a lot of control, but it just wasn't strong enough to beat the knight. Fire was a lot stronger, but he remembered how hard it was to control that power wisely. Kirby, unable to decide, just lifted his arms up in exasperation.

A thought hit him shortly before the torch did. Kirby raised his sword up and concentrated. When the flame hit him, he tried to channel the heat into his weapon. He was having difficulties, but seeing a knight charge at you with a sword raised is an excellent motivator. Kirby, letting out a scream, imbued his sword with fire.

The swords clashed, one normal, and one shaped like a red flame. Tiff looked at Kirby, trying to figure out what had happened. It was Sword Kirby, but the sword was red and on fire. His hat, once green, had shifted to be a bright orange, like fire. In the middle of the hat's rim was a green gem. He had become Sizzle Sword Kirby. (I know that's not what it looks like in-game, but this fusion is cooler in my opinion.)

As the knight clashed with Kirby, he noticed his sword began to melt a little bit, along with the armor. Knocking the now powered up Kirby away, he pulled out a shield. Kirby, not giving up, repeatedly slashed the blue shield. Every cut left a little melting mark, as if he was welding beads into the defensive tool.

From behind a rock, Tiff watched the two of them attack each other. When Kirby tried to throw a heart at the armor, it hit directly. But nothing happened. Bewildered, he tried over and over, with no results. That's when Tiff looked a little closer at the sword that the knight was using. She saw how big it was, along with its blue hilt. Looking closer, she saw what looked like an eye on the hilt.

"Kirby, the sword!" She shouted, "The darkness is possessing the sword!"

Kirby, seeing what she had seen, threw a heart at the sword. This scared the dark matter out of the sword and into the sky, where it got hit directly and faded to dust. With the sword gone, the knight collapsed. As it turns out, it was just a green suit of armor.

Now that the battle was over, Tiff walked out from behind the rock, intrigued and terrified of Sizzle Sword Kirby. "What is this?"

Kabu boomed behind them, causing them to jump as they forgot he was there, "Kirby has managed to take his star warrior power to new heights."

Tiff was confused, "You mean, Kirby's hats are his 'unique star warrior power'?"

"Yes, and this is considered mastery."

"I guess that makes sense. I still don't know how he did it."

"He knows. Don't you, Kirby?"

In response, the young star warrior jumped happily, "Poyeah!"

"Excellent, this is only the beginning of your adventures, Kirby. I see many friends, foes, and discoveries in your future."

Tiff was amazed, "You can see the future?"

"What? No. That all just comes with being a star warrior."

Tiff was disappointed, as Kirby was amazed with the fact that he was a star warrior. The two of them looked up at the stars, wondering what would come next.

=====

In said stars, there was a mighty ship, the size of a small planet. This headquarters was once the home of a company named NME, but the star warriors took them down after they started sending monsters to raging tyrants across the galaxy. (The end of the old anime before the beginning of the new one.) Since then, they began to use it as their new base, monitoring the universe for possible threats.

An alert beeped on the screen. A star warrior had just hit stage two. Luckily, NME had already put that tracker in place, so they didn't have to install anything. Normally, once a star warrior hits stage two and masters their powers, a special star is decided to come to their aid.

A warp star.

A green, ball-shaped knight, clad in golden armor, and a mask covering his face (other than his violet eyes), sat in the lead chair. Noticing the notice, he pressed a button and leaned into the microphone attached to the chair.

"Will Meta Knight please come to the main deck, I have a mission for you."

Suddenly, a figure appeared in the doorway. "Meta Knight, reporting for duty, sir!"

The leader looked back to see Meta Knight, similar to him, except with his navy blue armor slightly darker than the color of his body, a silver mask revealing his yellow eyes, and a cape that he uses to wrap himself in, like a bat with its wings.

The leader, named Sir Arthur, addressed Meta Knight from his chair. "You are to go and see what this new star warrior can do. It seems that a warp star thinks that he's ready for stage two."

Meta Knight nodded, opening up his cape into two bat wings. "I will go prepare The Halberd for travel. Where is this new warrior?"

Sir Arthur looked at his map, "An insignificant planet, known as Popstar."

Meta Knight checked the map, "The star system that it's in is anything but insignificant! Look, Shiver Star, Neo Star, Ripple Star, quite famous planets."

The knight dismissed him, "It seems that there is coal among the jewels, then. Even I had little knowledge of this planet's existence. Be wary, I have no idea what you will encounter."

Meta Knight nodded, "Don't worry, my Meta Knights can handle anything with ease."

With that, he took off, flying out of the room as Sir Arthur looked back at the map, deep in thought.

=====

Meanwhile, Dedede trudged through Whispy Woods, annoyed at how long the walk was to Kabu's Cavern. "Ugh," He moaned, "Are we there yet?"

Your Majesty, we are not there yet. Just like the last six times that you asked.

"Ugh," Dedede groaned in annoyance, "Whispy Woods is too complex... A golf course would look way better here!"

Before he could complain again, he saw something in the distance. Letting it get closer, he saw that it was Sizzle Sword Kirby, walking along with Tiff. Once they noticed him, they ran toward the king.

"King Dedede?" She asked, looking closer, "What are you doing here?"

Dedede, annoyed, shouted, "Looking for you two! Ya can't just take Kirbeh on a quest when he's supposed to protect us from those dark matters, and-"

Tiff stopped him, "Dark matters?"

Nice going...

"That's a perfect name for them, your majesty! How did you come up with it?"

Dedede, amazed at how well this was going, stuttered, "W-Well, they're dark, and they...um...matter?"

Tiff frowned, "Okay, the reason isn't that good, but the name still is."

Kirby jumped up, showing Dedede (and Zero) his new hat.

Dedede was a bit nervous, "So, what's that hat do?"

Tiff lit up, excited to tell the king, "Kirby managed to combine his fire and sword hats. Now we got...Sizzle...Sword?"

Kirby smiled bright enough to light up a room, "Poyo!"

The three of them all walked back to Waddle Dee Town, under the setting sun...

He's getting stronger, Dedede! I hope you have a plan...

"'Course I do," He whispered, making sure that Kirby and Tiff couldn't hear, "I'm not that helpless."

Zero doubted that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.4K 18
You are a shy, but hard-working young girl (you're not exactly "human" but you aren't a Cappy either) that one day takes a vacation to Cappy Town to...
14.6K 423 25
Sequel to "Kirby and The Monstrous Lightning." Rated PG for mild fantasy violence and some somewhat scary elements. (I do not own any of Nintendo's l...
15.5K 215 21
Kirby and Meta Knight were doing training when it showed up. A beast, with claws like swords, three tails and a wolf-like appearance, and craved bloo...
10.2K 241 25
An epic adventure involving Mario, the Legend of Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon. I would suggest you read "Kirby and the Monstrous Lightning" and "Kirby a...