The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Chocolate chip
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Mister neighbor
Sick
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
Hide-a-way
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Games
Touch me
Soundproof
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Theories
Naive
Win and Won
Speeding
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Get out

3.2K 203 332
By rileysmiley139

— Chapter nine —

Felix huffs as he slams the front door shut. He can't believe he got sent home again, or more so that he keeps getting sent home. He took a nightshift today to help get more hours, but got sent home before he even reached dinner time. At this point it's like he doesn't even work full hours anymore.

He went to dinner by himself and came to a very reasonable, to him, conclusion. Yes, it was a reasonable thing to do after today's events. Yet a week before, he got sent home for no reason. It might be a stretch, but in the back of his mind he is starting to think it is just the rest of the crew babying him in a way.

Which, if that's the case, is completely unacceptable. to him or to the basic work policies. He doesn't need to keep getting sent home, and even worse getting paid for it.

He has been with the crew for years—and now that he thinks about it—has never been on an actual 'mission' like everybody else. He has never held a gun before, or been on a chase. He has only ever been on office duty. He is totally qualified to do anything, but has done nothing.

Oh it infuriates him.

He can feel the anger boiling up inside of him. If this were a little cartoon, he would have smoke coming out of his ears as we speak.

"Calm down." He whispers to himself. "I'll just bring it up tomorrow at work, that's a reasonable thing to do." He continues talking even if nobody is listening.

He scoffs. "If I don't get sent home beforehand.."

He rolls his eyes, then takes a deep breath. He has to calm down, a part of this job is to remain calm. He decides maybe a cold glass of water would help him out. He even takes one of the nice glasses out this time, hoping it would cure whatever sense of broken self worth he has.

He fills the cup up with the clear liquid, then raises it to his mouth. The coldness runs down his throat, calming whatever dragon breath he had coming up. Just as expected, it worked to calm him. Or maybe shock his system, who knows.

He is slurping like a dog on a hot day when the doorbell suddenly rings. He flinches at the sound, which causes him to spill the cold water all over his shirt and the floor. He groans out of anger, now even less calm than before.

The doorbell rings again, and again. It's like the most impatient person in the world is ringing it, which just makes Felix want to scream. He slams the glass down on the counter, and looks at the mess below him. He can't look for long, because the bell just keeps ringing.

He just says fuck it and walks over to the door, his shirt soaking and almost see through. The doorbell ringing suddenly seems to be a recurring thing, but never this late at night. He twists the nob and throws the door open, which reveals a very surprising guest.

"Changbin?" Felix asks, looking him up and down. "Why are you here so late at night..?"

Changbin opens his mouth to speak, but just lets out a sigh. "I don't even know how to ask this.. because it's been so long.."

"Ask what?" Felix crosses his arms.

"If we can.." He pauses. "Well y'know.. like old times."

"Are you asking me to have sex with you?" Felix raises a brow.

Changbin seems taken aback at the direct statement, but he nods his head slowly. "Yeah." He says, looking down at his feet.

Felix chuckles and turns away, almost walking off.

Changbin's head goes back up, and he runs after Felix— entering the home uninvited. He stops Felix, and takes his hands. "Come on.. Don't be like that." He pleads.

"Just.. seeing you after so long. And hearing your voice, feeling your touch. The whole 'acting like we don't know each other' thing.. it brought back the thrill of it all." He says.

"Changbin, you're so out of line." Felix snatches his hands away.

"Oh come on, you really don't miss us?" Changbin says. "We were so—"

"There was never an 'us'!" Felix snaps. "Or a 'we'. There was only an I— a 'me'. And I will never be that 'me' again."

"Felix—"

"You need to leave." Felix points to the door.

Changbin looks in the direction of the door, then looks away. However, he has to do a double take since something— or someone— caught his eye. Hyunjin is standing in the doorway, looking at both of them.

Changbin scoffs. "Who is—"

"Get out already!" Felix yells, turning his head to him.

Changbin immediately closes his mouth, and sighs. He starts to slowly make his way out, but stops when he reaches Hyunjin. He looks the man up and down, but gets intimidated by the way Hyunjin is glaring at him. Without any more protest, he finally leaves.

Felix sighs, turning to watch him leave. However, that is when he notices Hyunjin— who is staring at him.

"Oh.. Hyunjin." Felix raises his hand to fiddle with his necklace.

"Felix." He nods his head. He points out the door, "I think I'm gonna go.."

He starts to walk away as well, and Felix notices the little card in his hand as he turns. Hyunjin is halfway down the path by the time Felix comes running out, asking for him to stop. Hyunjin pauses, and turns Felix's direction with an eyebrow raised.

Felix approaches him and sighs. "I'm sorry you had to witness that. But please don't—" He pauses, and sighs. "—Disregarding that, what did you need?" He crosses his arms due to the chilly night breeze.

Hyunjin lets out a breath. "It's nothing.." He raises the card in his hand up. "Really.."

"What's that?" Felix motions his head to the card.

Hyunjin puts it up for display. "It is a— was, a dinner reservation."

"Oh... really?" Felix asks, not understanding why he was showing him it. He is trusting the progress though, or whatever.

Hyunjin nods his head. "Mhm." he hums. "It was for us."

Felix raises his brows, and tilts his head a bit. "For... us?" Felix can feel his heart starting to beat faster.

Hyunjin hums. "I was planning on coming over and asking you out." He says, then chuckles. "But I guess I was too late, or interrupted something—"

"You didn't." Felix clarifies, almost a little too fast. "That was nothing.."

"I hope so." Hyunjin chuckles. "I can't have random men asking the man I'm interested in to hook up with them."

Felix feels his cheeks heat up at sentence. "The man you're interested in..?"

Hyunjin hums, to which Felix blushes even more. His gaze is getting a little too intense, so Felix looks away. He looks down at his feet as he feels the butterflies. Hyunjin can't help but chuckle at the latter's reaction.

"So, with everything being said.." Hyunjin starts. "Are you interested?"

Felix looks up at Hyunjin again, a soft smile on his face. "I might be."

Hyunjin smiles himself, which makes Felix want to start swinging his feet. "Then it is a date." He says, offering the card.

Felix looks down at it and takes it from his hand, smiling a bit wider. He reads the lettering, the fancy golden letters with swirls.

Hyunjin and Felix, the interests.
Friday the 8th, 6:30 p.m.

He can't help but admit how exciting this is to him. It might be a weird turn of events, after he just told the guy he used to hook up with off. However, he is more than excited to finally go on a date— especially with a guy he finds interesting.

He raises his head back up and smiles at Hyunjin. Who smiles back, "I hope you show."

"I will, I promise." Felix looks back at the card.

"Good." Hyunjin smiles. "Well, it's getting late. I better go home."

"Yeah, must be a long way." Felix jokes.

Hyunjin can't help but chuckle a little, but his laughter dies down into a gentle gaze. "Goodnight, Felix." He says.

Felix thinks thoroughly before doing so, then stands on his tippy-toes to kiss Hyujin's cheek— because it felt right. "Goodnight Hyunjin." He says, starting to head inside before Hyunjin can even register what happened.

He leaves behind an almost blushing Hyunjin.

Hyunjin has never blushed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73K 3K 22
After getting a dare from a friend, Hwang Hyunjin is convinced to make the usually quiet, shy boy Lee Felix fall in love with him. But after learning...
183K 7.9K 34
"do as you please, I'll allow it, as hard as you can even worse" --- Do not copy, repost, or steal I don't allow translations
22.2K 523 59
โ€โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•เฎ“เน‘โ™กเน‘เฎ“โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ€ Lee Felix is a physical therapy doctor that hyunjin fell inlove with. but, things and people get in their way. โ€โ€ขยฐโ€ขโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•เฎ“เน‘โ™ก...
324K 9.7K 105
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...