The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Chocolate chip
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Sick
Get out
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
Hide-a-way
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Games
Touch me
Soundproof
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Theories
Naive
Win and Won
Speeding
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Mister neighbor

3.3K 181 245
By rileysmiley139

— Chapter seven —

Felix hums to himself as he drives himself home. The traffic is pretty bad, so he is stuck at a red light right now. Living in a big city is so frustrating sometimes.

But Felix doesn't regret living here one bit. He was born and raised in a town very far away, he only came to where he is now for college. He ended up falling in love with the place as well as the people, and the rest is in Felix's story.

It was really hard to pack up and leave everything behind, however. It was probably the second hardest thing he has done in his entire life. The first being attending his mothers funeral, unfortunately. Even though it was a really long time ago, he still has yet to have an experience to put it in the book of bad days.

His mother was the victim of a drunk driver, which seems to be the case most of the time. It was the hardest part of his life not only because he lost the woman who birthed him, but because he didn't get to know the women who birthed him. He never got to know her fully because he was so young when it happened, and he didn't know it was the only time he would get to have a mother.

Felix knows that she would have been an amazing woman, however. Even though he was so young, he knew she was the best. She was a beautiful lady, and she had an even more beautiful heart. No matter how amazing she was though, Felix can only focus on the fact it feels wrong to call her his "mom" instead of his mother.

A honking horn drags Felix out of his thoughts, and he comes back to reality. He immediately starts to drive, considering the light is green now and he is most definitely holding back a mother from picking up her kid from school. He giggles to himself at his silliness. How could he zone out at a red light?

He shakes his head and turns his car into his neighborhood, slowing down for the speed bump. He slowly drives through the streets and watches all the kids that just got out of school running home. He didn't realize it was so early, that he left work so early in the day. Usually he's there till five.

He turns down his street, slowly making his way to his humble home. He turns into the driveway and parks, then gathers his things after turning the car off. Carefully opening the door to not smash into the gate, he finally gets out of his car.

He loves his car so much, but sometimes she's so uncomfortable. He is a little too young for his older car, but he refuses to get a new one— even if she is falling apart from old age. Why would he get a new one when his baby works perfectly.. on good days.

He chuckles to himself and walks to his front door. He didn't leave it unlocked this time, and he can't tell if he is proud of himself for that or annoyed because he had to find his keys. However when he enters his home he locks the door again immediately, just in case.

Jisung always makes fun of him for that, but he finds it absolutely necessary. His dad always used to lock the door no matter what, so he picked up on that habit. He frowns as he enters his kitchen, because the realization of how much he actually missed his dad hits him. His dad is like his favorite person alive.

He pulls out the leftover cookies from yesterday, absolutely in love with how good they look. They have been in the microwave all day and night, so they aren't stuffy and cold or anything.

He is absolutely dogging down the cookies when the doorbell suddenly rings, and he freezes on the spot. Being a detective has made him a little paranoid about people being in or at his home, so he always gets a little anxious when the doorbell rings.

He finishes chomping his cookie and washing off his hands, wiping his face too. He dries his hands quickly with the dish towel before running to the door. He takes a deep breath before he puts his hand on the nob.

He is about to open the door, but a knock on the door stops him. It's not just any knock, in fact it's a really quiet one. He barely even heard it, and it sounded like it came from lower. He furrows his brows and finally opens the door.

He immediately smiles at the sight the door revealed. Hyunjin's daughter, Nabi, is standing at the door with the biggest smile. She is holding a little plate with brownies on it, and has a really fancy looking outfit on.

Felix smiles and waves. "Oh my gosh, Hi!" He says in a soft voice.

She smiles back and looks back, so Felix does too. Hyunjin is standing there looking finer than ever, with a proud smile on his face. He raises his hands to wave, and Felix waves back with a soft smile.

Nabi looks back at Felix and has little rosy cheeks as she speaks. "Hi mister neighbor." She says.

Felix giggles at the little girl. "Hi miss neighbor, what brings you here?" He kneels down to her level, and she smiles even more.

She looks back at her dad yet again, to which he chuckles himself. He motions his hand to Felix, and smiles. "Tell him why you are here, nabs."

She nods her head and turns back to Felix with a huge smile, and Hyunjin smiles even more at his little girl. She eagerly raises the plate higher, and Felix raises a brow. "I made brownies for you...because you made me yummy cookies!"

Felix gasps. "You liked the cookies?"

She nods her head in a quick manner. "Yes! They were sooo yummy." She drags out. "Also can you take the plate it's getting kinda heavy....'' As she speaks her arms get weaker, so Felix quickly takes the plate from her hands before she drops it.

Her words kind of slur together and it's hard to understand at some times, but that's understandable for a little toddler. She looks to be at max six. She is absolutely adorable, however, and has the biggest sparkly eyes. Her beautiful dress also makes her look just stunning. She looks just like Hyunjin, but a younger girl version.

"Thank you, miss neighbor." He says, looking down at the brownies. He's not going to lie, they actually look delicious.

She giggles, a cute high pitched one. "Don't call me thattt.... my name's Nabi!" She says proudly.

Felix giggles. "Okay Nabi, thank you." He says.

She looks back to Hyunjin, who tilts his head curiously. She then turns herself back to Felix, smiling. "What's your name?" She emphasizes the word 'your' and places her hands on her hips.

Felix puts a hand on his chest. "My name is Felix."

"That's so prettyyy" she says.

Felix giggles. "Thank you, Nabi. You're so sweet." He pokes her nose, to which she giggles at, and stands back up. He now looks at Hyunjin this time, who has a really sweet look on his face as he watches the two interact.

"Would you guys like to come in?" Felix asks.

Hyunjin shakes his head no. "I would— we would—" he looks down to Nabi, then back up. "—love to come in, but we have business to attend to." He says like he is disappointed.

Nabi whips herself around at that and whines. "Whyy? I wanna stay with him, pleaseee?"

He looks down at her. "We have to go to the special place today, remember?"

She whines even more. "But I wanna stay..."

"Maybe another day, but we really have to go today." He says to her gently but firmly. He comes closer and kneels down to her level. "It's really important and I need you to be there, okay? You're going to be my hero today." He smiles.

Felix can't deny that he is very curious as to what's going on, but he knows it not his place to ask. It must be very important however, because they both are dressed up in really fine clothing. He just watches with his arms crossed.

She sighs, giving in. "Okay, fine.. but can we come back?" She walks over to Hyunjin's side, and takes his hand.

He nods his head. "Of course. Can you go get in the car all by yourself?"

She nods her head. "Duh, I'm a big girl now."

"Indeed." Hyunjin affirms. "Now say bye."

She looks at Felix again with a huge smile. "Thank you, bye bye. I love you!"

Hyunjin sorta freezes with his mouthe open a bit. He looks back up to Felix, and gives an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, she's... I don't even know." He chuckles.

Felix waves it off. "No it's okay, I don't mind." He says, then looks to Nabi. "You can come by anytime, and thank you again for the brownies."

She blushes and turns to run to the car, which isn't that far away. Hyunjin smiles as she climbs into the car, before he turns back to Felix. "I'll see you later then?" He says with an addicting smile.

Felix blushes at his tone. "I guess so."

-

idk how to end chapters help this is so awkward.

But um anyways, I don't know how to write like... children...

so please bare with me, because you will not catch me writing stuff like "pwease dwaddy i wanna stay..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

183K 7.9K 34
"do as you please, I'll allow it, as hard as you can even worse" --- Do not copy, repost, or steal I don't allow translations
2.3K 131 13
'sequel to unrequited love'
195K 19.1K 24
"๐™๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™›, ๐™œ๐™ž๐™ง๐™ก. ๐™„ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™– ๐™จ๐™š๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
667K 33.7K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...