Managing the Rockstar

By rleg0810

"Well that's the problem, love. It's not always what we expect is it?" He asked me lighting up his cigarette... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 31
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39

Chapter 38

193 6 1
By rleg0810

"I knew it. I knew it! I heard everything. I just asked you point blank and you lied to my face." Maddy says in an angry whisper.

"Shh please Jim will you hear you." I whisper and move closer to her. "I'm sorry. I know I lied and I'm sorry but you know how bad it could be for me if people find out."

"So you don't trust me? I told you. I would never say anything."

"I do trust you. I do. Please. This is the best thing to ever happen to me I'm so terrified of losing everything again."

Her face softens. "I know. I just wish you trusted me enough to know I wouldn't let that happen to you."

"I do." I reach out and grab her hand. "I do."

She sighs and shakes her head and then lets out a soft laugh. "Harry Winters is your boyfriend. That's just...crazy."

"I know."

"And he loves you. I don't think I've ever heard of him being in love with anyone before."

"I know."

She leans in closer. "Is he as good in bed as the rumors say?"

We both laugh and then immediately look towards Jim who doesn't stir. "Better. He's amazing. In like every way possible."

She fans herself dramatically. "So jealous. Now that I know can you please, please tell give me some details?"

"Tomorrow night in our room yes."

"Harry freaking Winters. You lucky bitch."

We both laugh softly and head towards our beds. I give Maddy a big hug and apologize again before saying goodnight. I go lay in my bed and close the curtain. Harry has already text me.

I hate this. It feels weird.

I know me too. I'll come to your room tomorrow after I hang with Maddy. She knows. She heard us.

After ten seconds I hear his door open and him walking softly towards us. "Maddy" I hear him whisper. I sit up and she opens hers just as I open mine.

"Harry?"

"Come here please." He turns around to me. "You too, P."

I should have waited to tell him. I just want to go to sleep. Instead of going to his room he quietly makes his way towards the stairs. We follow just as quietly, and all make our way to the living room area in the back.

"I didn't want Jim to wake up with both of you in my room. Hard to explain that one away." He winks at us and I laugh but Maddy looks in shock.

"So Maddy. Now that you know, I need to lightly threaten you."

"Harry!" I scold. "You don't need to threaten her."

"I said lightly. And I'm half joking." He turns to Maddy who now looks like she might throw up. "I am joking but also am serious. I don't doubt that you will keep this to yourself but if for some reason you don't, I will make sure you never work for another tour again and I will blacklist you on as many lists that I am able. Do you understand Maddy?"

I step next to Maddy and hold her hand. "Jesus Christ Harry. That is uncalled for. We already talked upstairs. I trust her. She would never betray me like that." I hear Maddy take a shaky breath next to me. Now I'm angry and I shoot Harry a death glare.

I see his face turn to regret. "I'm sorry. Maddy I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so harsh. Penelope is right. If she trusts you then I do as well. But please know that you hold both mine and Penelope's career in your hands. It's easy to let something like this slip even if you don't mean to."

She nods quickly, obviously terrified. "I promise. I won't say a word."

"If you do, even if it's an accident, please give us the courtesy of telling us first." She nods again. "Night ladies." He turns and leaves without saying another word. What the hell?

"Stay here." I tell her and I walk quickly to catch up to Harry. I grab his hand just before he takes a step on the stairs. "Harry, what the fuck? What is wrong with you?" I angry whisper since Jim is right at the top of the stairs.

He takes a step towards me and I drop his arm. "You just told the biggest gossip in the crew, Penelope. Maddy is known for gossip. I don't trust her. I know you do but I don't."

"I didn't tell her. She overheard us. And I really don't think she's going to tell anyone."

"I hope not Penelope because I wasn't kidding when I said I will destroy her career if she does." His words are harsh but his facial expression is soft. "I'm sorry. I'm just tired of all of this and now I'm going to constantly be worried about the other shoe dropping."

"I know. Me too but it will be okay. Only a month or so left and then we are in the clear."

"I love you. I didn't mean to be an asshole. I'll make it up to both of you tomorrow." He leans in and kisses me softly. "I'm going up, I'm exhausted. Good night, love." He kisses me again and then goes up the stairs.

I make my way back to Maddy who is on her phone when I come in and quickly puts it down. "Sorry about that. Harry says he's sorry again too and will make it up to us tomorrow." I say sitting next to her.

"It's okay. Really. I get it and I've seen him act worse so no worries."

Oh yeah. I forgot that Harry was a bear on tour before. Makes me wonder if I've seen the worst in him yet.

We head back upstairs to go to sleep. She reassures me again that our secret is safe with her. I hope it is. I don't really know Maddy all that well so maybe Harry is right to be a little weary. I guess we will see.

***

The Minneapolis show was electric. The crowd was loud and excited. Since we had to reschedule originally, Harry did an encore and played three extra songs. Jim wasn't too happy because we would have to pay a fine to the venue, but Harry said he would pay for it personally. By the time we got back to the hotel it was almost two am and everyone was wiped. Much to Harry's disappointment, I decided to stay in our room with Maddy. I fell asleep almost instantly and only woke up to someone knocking on the door.

I roll over and groggily see Maddy walking across the room looking as annoyed as I am.

"What the hell?" I hear her say before she opens the door.

"Hi. I have a delivery for Penelope." I hear a girl say. Maddy says thank you and takes what I assume by the sound are bags. I sit up and check my phone. 7:26am. I didn't order anything and I sure as hell didn't order anything this early.

Maddy walks in holding two coffee cups on a drink tray and a paper bag from a place called Wildflyer Coffee.

"Did you order this?" Maddy asks setting the coffees and bag down on the table.

I get out of bed and make my way over to inspect the bags. "No."

Inside the bag are two bags of ground coffee from the same place with creamers, sugar and stir sticks. We both look at each other. "Do you think it's safe to drink?"

My phone starts ringing in my hand and it's Harry. "Hey. Did you order us coffee?"

"Well good morning to you too sunshine and yes I did. I ordered it for everyone actually. It's this non-profit coffee place that helps youths struggling with homelessness. I gave them a big fat tip and donation too." I hear him take a sip on the other end. "It's really good. You should try it. See you later my sweet pea." He hangs up before I can even say a word.

"Wow."

"What did he say?" She asks stirring her coffee. "I assume it was him and this is okay to drink?" I nod. I tell her what he said about the coffee shop and she takes a sip. "Mmm. This is really good. That's really awesome of them. And him."

"Yeah. It was really sweet." Really sweet and generous and one of the many reasons I love Harry. "He still owes us for his outburst though."

We drink our coffees and get our stuff together. We both take quick showers and pack in record time to make it downstairs for our nine am departure. We weave through people, many people still having their Wildflyer coffee cup in hand which makes me smile.

"There you guys are. Come on." Harry says as we reach him.

"Both of us?" Maddy asks surprised.

"Yes. You're with us again Maddy. If you want?" Harry says taking my bag from me.

"Uh yeah sure." She looks to me with her eyebrow raised and I reply with a shoulder shrug.

"Great. I have a surprise for you both to make up for being a dickhead." He takes Maddy's bag and hands both of our bags to the bus driver. "Let's go."

We follow him onto the bus and to the back living room. I see some bags on the counter in the kitchen area as we pass curious to what those are. When we get to the living room Maddy and I both gasp at the same time.

Harry has hung white Christmas lights up with fake candles glowing on the coffee table. There are a bunch of magazines and candy on the table too. He also somehow got two big fluffy white throw blankets and extra pillows on the couch. The TV is turned on to Netflix ready to go.

"My gift to you is this space free of myself and Jim. You can relax and watch TV. There are snacks in the kitchen."

"How did you do all of this?" I ask turning to him.

"I have my ways." I tilt my head and raise my eyebrow in question. "Okay find the hotel concierge got it all. I got up early and set up the bus though."

"Well it's very sweet of you." I lean in and give him a kiss but pull away quickly realizing what I just did. I turn to Maddy and she's just smirking.

"My lips are sealed." She makes a motion of locking her lips before smiling again.

"Sorry. I just did that out of habit. I have to be more careful."

"I know. It's okay." He just smiles at me but I know he feels the same. It was an easy slip up and I'm lucky I did it in front of the right person. "Alright. I'm going to leave you to it. Have fun ladies." He smiles at me before he turns and leaves.

"So what do you want to watch." I ask Maddy and go flop down on the couch.

"Hmm I think maybe a rom-com. Maybe with a secret romance."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 311 42
The S.U.N. and The Peter Pan Project or the day I woke up in somebody else's bed... My name is Maya, I'm seventeen and I've grown up with my brothers...
53.4K 2.1K 37
COMPLETED "Hello.... Can you hear me I'm Calling from "Shut up Kim it's the middle of the night!" Oh it looks like I've woke up the sleeping beaut...
12.3K 306 29
"Anyways, so did you hear about him Haven?" I was lost. hear about who? i shook my head. Now, I was engaged in the conversation. "Lucas Matthews? Th...
212K 5.6K 35
two pair of hands slid on top of mine and I felt Jack's chest, pressed against my back. Jack put his head on my shoulder and I froze. "W-what are yo...