The Story of Us (Le Sserafim...

By Mightyoscar1

"Raise a glass to the story of us" All Kang Dan-bi wanted to do ever since she was younger was to help people... More

KProfile: Kang Dan-bi
Chapter 2: Meeting her idols?!
Chapter 3: Dan-bi's reaction to meeting the rest of the members.
Chapter 4: The Moments In Between
BREAKING NEWS!
Chapter 5: We are Le Sserafim
Chapter 6: Jealousy?!
Chapter 7: The Live
Chapter 8: Behind The Scenes
(9) Leniverse Episode 1: Welcome to the LENIVERSE!
(9) LENIVERSE Episode 2: Do you know me?
(9) LENIVERSE EP 3: Mission!
(9) LENIVERSE EP 4: It's better because it's raining ❤️
(9) LENIVERSE Ep 5: The Internet Cafe
Chapter 10: New Single
Chapter 11: KCON Japan Part 1
Chapter 12: KCON Japan: Part 2
Chapter 13: [DAYOFF] Day 1
Chapter 14: [DAYOFF] Day 2
(15) The Game Caterers: Episode 1
(15): The Game Caterers: Episode 2
(15): The Game Caterers: Episode 3
ANTIFRAGILE
Chapter 16: The Choice
Chapter 17:The Struggle to Move Forward
Chapter 18: The Party
Chapter 19: The Plea for Help
ANTIFRAGILE COMEBACK SHOW
Chapter 20: Taking things Too Far
Chapter 21: The Fight
Chapter 22: The Invitation
Chapter 23: The Moment That It All Changed
Chapter 24: The Night Of and The Morning After
Chapter 25: First Date?!
Chapter 26: The Winner Takes It All
Chapter ??:
Chapter 27: Head Underwater
Chapter 28: The Flood Gates Open
Chapter 29: Heartstrings and Goodbyes
Chapter 30: There is Always an End To The Madness
Chapter 31: One Step At A Time

Chapter 1: The Meeting

5.6K 144 15
By Mightyoscar1

02\01\22

KANG DAN-BI, A UP AND COMING IDOL, WAS DENIED DEBUTING AGAIN?! 

THE TRUTH BEHIND JYP'S MOST ANTICIPATED TRAINEE...THE TRUE REASONS WHY KANG DAN-BI IS NOT DEBUTING

THE MOST LOVED TRAINEE AMONG JYP FANS WAS DENIED AGAIN

RUMOR HAS IT, KANG DAN-BI MIGHT DEBUT IN JYP'S NEW GIRL GOUP NMIXX! IS IT TRUE? READ BELOW!

....

_____________________________________________________________________________

Dan-bi slammed her computer shut. Recently, she has been the talk of the town. Not only she was "supposedly" be in the line up for JYP's new girl group, She's also the girl who was denied debuting not once once but twice. Yep, you heard that right. Kang Dan-bi was supposed to debut two times. Why didn't she debut? You might be wondering, no one has given her a reason. In the last 8 years, everyone would always compliment on how good she is as an artist  and how she is truly an idol.

No matter how many times she has thought about it, she can never figure it out.

Dan-bi shut her computer and put it on her tiny desk in her dorm. She looks around the small room. Now that she's thinking about it, 8 years is a long time to be a trainee. She's getting too old, There's no way Dan-bi is debuting now. "Am I going to be a trainee forever?" She said to herself and sighed at the thought. Many people her age are already well into their careers and married. Not like she has any interest in dating. Maybe she should leave the industry and study to be a doctor. She can do it fairly quickly with how smart she is.

Dan-bi looked at the clock on her nightstand it read "1:30 AM" She should go to sleep, she stayed up watching all of her former group's performance. Normal and sane people would think that she was torturing herself watching her former groups.  She should hate them, but she doesn't. She has to see these people at work, why would she hate them?  She has become close friends with them and became each of their biggest fans.

After overthinking pretty much everything in her life right now, she drifted to sleep.

...

DREAMLAND

TWICE

(In this story, everyone in Twice is aged up by one year, so Tzuyu is one year older than Dani)

She was one of the youngest on SIXTEEN along with Chou Tzuyu. She was in the top ten and the judges were considering making Twice a 10-member group, even JYP himself was willing to change. There was hope! Dan-bi's eyes sparkled with hope when all of the final contestants started to line up.

"Naeyeon...Jeongyeon...Mina...Dahyun...Sana...Chaeyoung...Momo...Jihyo... and Tzuyu! Congratulations! You are officially debuting! Good luck to you!" Said the announcer.

The members looked at Dan-bi with a sad expressions most of them cried for the young girl. Some of the members like Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were close with her.

Dan-bi stared straight ahead. Waiting...

"Well Dan-bi, it was a very tough decision to whether or not to put you through. Overall, at the age you are now, you have powerful vocals and your dancing is very powerful as well..." Then why...Why did you not pick me?... She thought "You are young, and JYP would like to mold you into the perfect idol." The judge explain.

The reason for not debuting was that she was too young?  Tzuyu is only a year older and yet she debuts?

She will not cry in front of the Unnies. She won't take this happy memory away from them. She hide her sadness away and turned her newly debuted friends then smiled brightly at the girls then she congratulated them for debuting.

...

Itzy

In November 2018, everything was hectic, the members including Dan-bi were getting ready to debut, and it was itching closer and closer Dan-bi could almost taste it, she was having that same feeling she had when she was on SIXTEEN,

The feeling of hope.

One day after practice, all of the members were gathered in a conference room to talk about a few changes that were happing within the group.

The biggest change was Dan-bi.

A little background on Dan-bi, by the time Sixteen aired, ironically, she was 15,(almost 16) the "reason" she didn't debut twice was because of how young she was. Now 4 years later, she matured into an he idol role, not to mention her dancing and singing were better than ever!

This time though, Dan-bi was the oldest in the group, which she prefers because if she was in Twice, she would've been the youngest. Dani doesn't like to be taken care of instead? she likes taking care of others.

The group sat around the table waiting for one of the managers to speak.

"The reason we are calling this meeting is, there are going to be personnel changes happening within the group." The manager paused...

Everyone gave each other a confused look

" Now, this change is for the good of the group to fit its concept better. There are two in this group that currently don't fit the concept we have in mind."

The manager first looks at Yuna, the maknae. Dan-bi was confused by this, She fit the concept better than she did. Yeah, she's a bubbly baby, she's a kid. What do you expect from her? The young girl was close to tears.

Then the manager looked straight at Dan-bi.

There it was, that shimmer of hope she had once again broke like glass shattered into a million pieces

"There is a choice that has to be made...either you" The manager points to Yuna "or you" He points to Dan-bi " leave the group"

Oh... Dan-bi wasn't expecting that. She looks at Yuna and sighed. Well damn. She was pretty close to Yuna ever since they met last year. Dani's favorite thing about Yuna is her smile, it quite literally brightens the room whenever she walks in. If Yuna leaves the group, then her smile won't be there anymore. Then, she looks at the 4 remaining girls with a sad look. These girls are her family, they also love the youngest and if  Dan-bi  takes her place...Dan-bi couldn't do that to the poor girl.

She was making the right choice right? She didn't know. All she knew was that she raised her hand.

Everyone looked at the eldest with widen eyes.

"U-Unnie..." Yuna manages to muster

"I'll leave, Manager-nim." She looks at the members with a loving look "Don't make this harder than it has to be. I might have more experience than the rest of the girls." Dani chuckled  "Clearly, I don't fit into the group as much as Yuna does. At this point, I'm just spare parts . I add nothing to the group."

All of Itzy cried at the eldest's attitude. She wasn't spare parts, she was the glue that kept them together.

Although Dan-bi was crushed on the inside but she didn't show it and smiled brightly towards her now former members. Then, she congratulated them on their final debut.

...

BLLLUUURRRRRR

Dan-bi tapped her phone annoyed and got up to start her day. She took a shower, did her hair, ate a small breakfast, and a cup of coffee then walked to the JYP building for a meeting with JYP himself. Yeah...She was super nervous. When she got to the building, she walked and greeted everyone with a kind smile on her face. Dan-bi has been a trainee at JYP since she was 14 years old, over the years, all of the staff and a few of the idols here became some of her close friends.

As she was walking toward JYP's office

"UUUUNNNNIE" a voice yelled in the distance and Dan-bi smiled at the young girl running towards her.

"Yah Yuna! What did I say about yelling in the halls? Aish, you're almost 19!" Dan-bi scolds. Even though debuting pulled the Itzy members away from Dan-bi, She is always working with them behind the scenes. Whether it's helping them in the studio or back stage, she is willing to take care of the girls. She's even gone on tour with them as a manager.

"Hehe sorry Unnie, we just got back from our schedule and I wanted to talk about it with you!" Yuna said with excitement.

Dan-bi smiled at the young girl and pats her head. "I'm sorry Barbie, I can't right now, I have a meeting with the big boss upstairs." Dan-bi said with a grin

Yuna pouted but understood, "alright Unnie! We'll be at the practice room later so come find us when you're done!" She said then quickly hugged Dan-bi "bye Unnie! see you later!" Then runs off.

Dan-bi shook her head at the cute girl and heads toward her destination. When she got to the door she took a few deep breaths to ease her nerves then knocked on JYP's door.

"Yes?" and she went in.

"ahh Dani, I'm glad we have a chance to talk, please have a seat," JYP said

Dan-bi  gravitated towards the chair in front of him "What would you like to talk about PD-nim?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"You have been a trainee with us for 8 years, am I correct?"

Dan-bi nodded

"I have noticed that you have been offered a chance to debut on two different occasions and yet,  both those times you have been denied. You even work in the background instead of the spot light. This may come off as a rude question but why haven't you given up?" JYP lean back into his chair "If I were you I wouldn't quit a while a go" he added

"Well, that is a hard question to answer sir. Before, I haven't given up because it was my dream to be an inspiration to others. What is a bigger platform than being an idol?" 

"what about now Dani?" JYP asked.

"Now? Now it's a routine that I have gotten used to. I have spent most of my teenage years working hard on the goal of being an idol.  I'm numb to it now that I am an adult. " Dan-bi explains. She feels like she is on a never-ending loop of being close to debuting and getting hurt all over again, so now she is numb to that pain. "I choose  to work in the background because it is comfortable there, I  don't need to prove myself to anyone. I am just me." Dan-bi says with a sadden tone.

JYP nodded his head in agreement. Over the years, he has to admit, Dan-bi has been pushed to the side in the groups she has been chosen for and the company takes advantages of her skills. "Dani, have you thought about leaving?"

"Can I be completely honest sir?" Dan-bi asked cautiously and he nodded.

"I have, more recently though" Dan-bi said.

JYP shifted in his seat when he heard that. "why haven't you? What is keeping you here?" JYP asked.

"My dream. This hope I still have of making an impact on people with my music. It's all I have ever wanted since I was twelve years old at a Mamamoo concert with my sister." Dan-bi smiles at the fond memory. "When I think about leaving the company that I have grown up in and the people I have become close with over the years, I feel empty."

JYP smiled at her. He wish he could say that he helped raised the woman she is now. "Dani, although you say you have grown, I still see the same little girl you were all of those years ago." 

Dan-bi pouted "Sir, I'm 22"

JYP laughed at the girl satisfied with her answer. "I would like to offer you an opportunity." 

Dan-bi looked at the CEO with a confused look. "What opportunity?"

"Have you heard of HYBE Labels? JYP asked

He's kidding, right? Not only they are part of the big 4, most of her favorite artists come from HYBE! She just nodded

"Well, there are a few people, including the CEO who are very interested in you. "

Dan-bi was shocked. Why would the CEO of HYBE want anything to do with her?

"Actually, they have been wanting you for a while now, but since you have been busy helping Itzy with tour and other things, I've been pushing this off."   JYP said.

"Seriously? They want me?" Dan-bi was shocked, then she realized something. "Is that why I wasn't picked to be part of NMIXX?" She was close to all of the members of NMIXX, she trained with them before the line-up was finalized. To confirm her suspicion, JYP nodded.

Then she realized another thing. "I'm assuming they want me as a trainee." Dan-bi concluded with a small frown. Great, a trainee. Whether it's here at JYP or HYBE it's still the same, a trainee.

"No, not a trainee, they want you to sign on as one of their artist." The answer shook Dani to the core. Why would they want to sign her on as a artist? It's not like she made an impact in the industry. She was only a trainee. It's not like she was in any group before. It doesn't make much sense.

"I know this is a lot to take in, but you have been a trainee for years and a pretty good one at that. Other companies have noticed your dedication. HYBE happens to be one of companies." JYP explained. "One of their labels, Source music is making a new girl group and would like for you to be a part of the group." He added.

"A new girl group?" Dan-bi asked quietly, her eyes filled with a little bit of hope. "Can you tell me about it?"

"Yes, they told me a little bit about the group but not much information. The concept is self-confidence and a strong will to move forward. And based on the answer you've given me, you will fit perfectly with the concept" JYP smiled fondly at the girl.

There it was again, that shimmer of hope that she felt all those years ago, but this time it felt different. Someone  really wants her to be a part of their group. Even if she was just a trainee, they really want her.

"But sir, what about the company?" Dan-bi asked in concern. The thought of leaving the company that has practically raised her kinda hurts so if it's easier, then she will stay. 

"Don't worry about us Dani, the place can take care of itself when you're gone. Actually this transfer to HYBE has been in the works for a few months now." JYP stated

"All of us here at JYP will miss you, you have been a pillar for this company. Dan-bi, this is a chance for you to finally debut, although we won't have you anymore, I feel like this group will make you sore, So what do you say?"

A chance to debut again? Was she willing to deal with the hurt again?  Why is she overthinking this? This is her last chance of achieving her dreams. If she doesn't make it into this group, then it is time to be done with the Idol industry.

 "One last time," She mumbles. 

"What did you say?" JYP looked at the girl confused. 

Kang Dan-bi looked at JYP with hope and determination then she smiled brightly. Then she said "I will give it a shot one last time"

___________________________________________________________

THE END

Hello! Author from the future here! Currently I am on an 8 hour car ride, so I'm re-editing all of the chapters! If you are an old reader, then I edited the ending a bit because I wasn't really satisfied with it. If you are a new reader, then Hi, how'd you like the first chapter?

The Show SIXTEEN and what happens at JYP is what happened in my interpretation of the two.

I hope everyone has a good day! Bye Fear-nots! Fighting!

**2023 Version** 

 Let's see, what did I do to this chapter, I fix a few grammatical things and I also fixed a few areas to make it an easier read. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

364K 12.5K 58
Felix didn't get a second chance like Minho, he never got a call, so that means he never debuted with Stray Kids. So he decided to become a dance te...
220 1 73
Skz ff oc/idc put urself in it if u wish or struggle with hyunho ig a crazy ride so my friend finally gets to know my skz bias (dont ask why i turned...
33.9K 1.8K 102
In a heartwarming tale of second chances and pursuing dreams at any age, follow Minha's journey as she faces a life-changing offer from Hybe Labels...
28K 767 14
[DISCONTINUED] Park Eun-suk was a 19-year-old boy who dreamed of being a KPOP Idol. All of his visions for his future were disrupted when someone, or...