The First Male of a Valkyrie...

By Senti_Senti

DISCONTINUED, I have a short attention span Kazuha was once the heir of the infamous Kaedehara clan, but ever... More

Prologue: Introduction
Chapter 1: St. Freya
Chapter 2: Combat Simulation
Chapter 4: Morning
Part 5: Withering
Part 6: Emperor
Chapter 7: Past
Update Schedule
Chapter 8: K Battle
Chapter 9: Angry Tuna Sighting
Chapter 10: Springfest
Chapter 11: Dreams
Schedule Change
Chapter 12: Void
Side Story: What Is Going On Over There
Please Read

Chapter 3: Squad

1.6K 50 9
By Senti_Senti

Author's Notes

I was absolutely screaming in my head when I reached the 100 read milestone I set for myself, thank you for reading this fic.

End of Author's Notes

All the stares he is getting will break his calm outer shell soon.

Until the weekend finally arrived, he couldn't feel more glad. Finally out of the class, finally out of school, finally without the stares. Now he will be able to repair his calm outer shell and even enforce it for that matter.

Then Aunt Theresa called him.

"Thank you for coming Kazuha." Theresa greeted him.

What confused Kazuha is that Fu Hua, Kiana, Mei, and Bronya is here with him as well in the principal's office.

"You must be wondering why you are here!" Theresa enthusiastically said.

"Indeed, may you describe the situation?" Kazuha asked.

"Of course. You see, every single valkyrie in train here have a squad." Theresa started.

Kazuha already guessed what she is going to tell him.

"So, I believe that Himeko's squad is best for you, all the other squads are full anyways." Theresa explained.

"So I believe that these four are my new squad mates?" Kazuha predicted.

"Yes! To make you get more comfortable with your new squad, I will be sending you five on a mission to a rainforest called Avidya Forest, you will be having a guide that will teach you how to survive in the rainforest, your objective is to clear out groups of knight class monsters that has been appearing in the forest." Theresa finished off.

( All Genshin players will know where that is. Some may already guess who the guide is! )

"When are we leaving principal Theresa?" Fu Hua asked.

"Tomorrow!" Theresa announced while Kiana fell on her knees.

"Whyyyy!!!" The voice slowly fading out as Kiana gradually became more tired.

"Come on Kiana-chan, we need to get ready." Mei gently got Kiana back to her feet.

"You all are dismissed!" Theresa ended the meeting.

All of them left except for Kazuha.

"Hmm? Is there anything you want to say?" Theresa questioned.

"Aunt Theresa, I have adventured into the Avidya Forest before." Kazuha started off.

"Really?" Theresa sound surprised.

"I have wandered around the world when my clan was destroyed, by coincidence, I have also landed in Avidya Forest where I made a good friend." Kazuha explained.

"Then it would be good if you found that friend when you and the others arrived." Theresa thought out loud.

"Indeed."

"So that's all?" Theresa asked.

"That is all." Kazuha replied.

"You may leave." Theresa told him before whispering, "I still need to finish that HOMU manga." which Kazuha can hear.

"I will leave you be." Kazuha said before immediately leaving.

"Hey! What do you mean!" Theresa yelled after him embarrassed that he heard her.

It was always fun teasing Aunt Theresa. Most of the time is about her manga collection.

The rest of the day was normal, Kiana bragging about something to impress Mei and Bronya roasting her about a certain part that she slipped up, then they fight and Mei tries to stop them, Himeko went out on a date again and Fu Hua is just done with everything.

Apparently, everyone is getting a adventuring outfit to help them traverse through the forest. Naturally, the outfits also fall under the 'very revealing but made to be strong' outfits, Kiana is wearing a outfit that shows her legs and some of her chest because that is how it works. Mei is also showing her legs, chest, and she has short sleeves for some reason. Himeko is probably the most revealing, showing her legs, belly for weird reasons, and most of her chest. Fu Hua is probably the least revealing out of all of them yet still don't have the rights to covering her legs. ( All the outfits are based off Hawk of the Fog but just changed you know, Fu Hua is also wearing her Hawk of the Fog outfit )

All in all, you can't trust outfit designers at Schicksal.

After being in St. Freya for five days, he can already tell that Fu Hua wearing outfits that isn't her usual uniform and battlesuit is very rare from Kiana and even Bronya's reaction to her new outfit, Kiana is probably most focused on her high ponytail anyways.

What about Kazuha himself? He is actually just wearing his usual battlesuit. The intentional purpose of the outfit was to actually travel so naturally, it would be good for travelling in a rainforest as well.

When they first landed, they can see a village on the trees and below. Ganderva Vill as they call it. ( no idea if I spelt the name right )

That is where they meet their guide.

The guide was a male with forest green hair that have some lime highlights, his eyes are quite unique as it is from teal to brown, no fading at all. What is the most surprising to them was that...

The guy had ears and a tail.

The guide walked up to them, the ears and tail moving along with him naturally.

"Hello valkyries, I am forest watcher Tighnari. I will be your guide throughout the Avidya Forest in your mission. If you have any questions, feel free to ask." Tighnari introduced.

"Oh I have a question!" Kiana said right after he finished.

"Go ahead."

"Why do you have ears and tail?" Kiana quickly asked he question that was on all the valkyries' mind.

"It is from my ancestors, my species are unique to the Avidya Forest so therefore, you have not seen any of my type until now." Tighnari professionally explained.

That is when he suddenly noticed Kazuha.

"Kazuha?" Tighnari asked.

"Tighnari..." Kazuha replied.

"I see, so you are training as a chevalier now huh." Tighnari quickly thought out loud.

"Indeed, it is great to see you as well after six years." Kazuha walked up to him.

Everyone else is just watching as the two old friends talk to each other.

"Anyways, I believe that I should guide you all to Ganderva Vill and then we can set off." Tighnari announced. "Follow me."

Through the small walk to Ganderva Vill, Kiana had just been staring at the unique animals and plants of Avidya Forest. Bronya is staring at Tighnari's ears moving along with him. Himeko and Fu Hua is discussing about the mission in the back of the group. Kazuha is just catching up with his old friend after so many years.

When they reach the village in the trees, Tighnari called out to someone Kazuha had not known before.

"Collei! Can you guide them to their perspective rooms for the night?" Tighnari called out the strangely unfamiliar yet also familiar name.

"Coming Master Tighnari!" Collei ran up to them and almost trips.

"Be careful Collei, watch your steps." Tighnari told her. "I will be preparing for my journey to the woods."

"Of course, bye Master Tighnari!" Collei said as Tighnari walks away.

Collei turns back to the group and introduced herself. "Trainee Forest Ranger Collei, reporting, I will be guiding you to your rooms." Not without whispering, "I got it all right I think." Which only Kazuha can hear.

"Kiana Kaslana, B rank valkyrie!" Kiana introduced herself, now that Kazuha think about it, this is probably the most professional Kiana is going to be towards Collei before teasing her.

"Raiden Mei, B rank valkyrie." Mei also introduced herself next to Kiana.

"Bronya Zaychik, B rank valkyrie." Bronya is as emotionless as ever, but Kazuha can tell that she is very happy knowing that there is finally someone the same height as her even if just a little taller.

"Fu Hua, A rank valkyrie."

"Hello Collei, I am Murata Himeko, you can call me Himeko, I am the leader of this squad." Himeko introduced which calmed Collei a little seeing how friendly Himeko is.

"Kaedehara Kazuha, B rank chevalier."

"Follow me to your rooms for the time being!" Collei said as she almost trips once again and tried to walk confidently to ignore that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3K 265 43
As children, Kamisato Ayaka and Kaedehara Kazuha were engaged to be married as adults, and a deep friendship and sweet youthful love blossomed betwee...
315K 9.1K 33
(Y/N) (L/N), a wanderer, who's goal is to end the Vision Hunt Decree in Inazuma. Being wanted for attempting to take back a vision, life isn't easy a...
162 1 12
Scara was once a, rude, selfish, manipulative boy, who didn't care about anything, nor anyone. Scara lived alone in a very small apartment, in a very...
2K 42 17
The Sasaki's clan up and rising leader has yet to return home, Upon returning to Inazuma the Current Sasaki clan leader is lying sick on his deathbed...