The man next door || Hyunlix

By rileysmiley139

Felix, a detective, and his colleagues are trying their best to solve the biggest case that's entered the tow... More

Introduction (please read.)
Go home
Feel
I don't bite
Red
Lead
Mister neighbor
Sick
Get out
Is it a problem?
Ducks and a 2019 meme
Say more
Consent, darling
Remember
Okay? Okay.
Awkward
Lingering
Stay safe
Saucepan
Poking
Who said they were innocent?
White flowers
Dramatic
Tiptoe
Pardon
Oh here we go
Hide-a-way
I don't have time for this
Sure
Goodmorning
Pancakes
Games
Touch me
Soundproof
Pitiful
Safe
Why
Speak
I hate you
Distrust
Mistake
Theories
Naive
Win and Won
Speeding
Delusional
Goddamn house
Finale
bonus chapter (1)
bonus chapter (2)
bonus chapter (3)

Chocolate chip

4.3K 213 211
By rileysmiley139

— Chapter two —

Felix awakes sweating, laying on his sofa. He raises his head to look around— and sees all the trash and the huge mess from his binging session last night.

Groaning and wiping his face, he slowly forces himself to get up. He grabs a couple of the chip bags and empty glasses, heading to the kitchen with them. He slowly trudges his way into the kitchen, placing the glasses in the sink and the trash into the can. Taking one last look at the glasses, he shrugs and figures he will do them later.

He washes his hands, yet while he is wiping them he is startled by a phone ringing. He throws down the dish towel and starts rushing to the living room, and he reaches his phone just in time to answer the call.

"Hello?" He asks with a craggy voice.

"Hi Felix." Jisung says. "You sound terrible—" He also blurts suddenly, "—Just how late were you up last night?"

Felix sighs, a breathy one. "I have no clue, to be honest."

"So does that mean you aren't coming in today?" He asks. "I mean, well, it's already almost noon."

Felix widens his eyes. "What?!" He asks, snapping his head to look at the clock for the first time today. "No way, it's already that late?"

Jisung chuckles. "Jeez, were you drunk last night or something?"

Felix starts to giggle as well, "Just a little wine. But I finished that series you wanted me too, the 'business proposal' one."

"A little wine? I don't believe that." He starts to tease. "But did you like the show?"

"Yeah I did." He replies. "It made me feel lonely though."

"Yeah, it does that." Jisung says. "But you're really not coming in today?"

"Nah." He shakes his head unconsciously. "It's my day off anyway, even if I wanted too."

"When has that ever stopped you?" Jisung chuckles.

Felix smiles. "That's not—"

He is cut short by the sound of a vehicle starting, one that sounds like it can definitely pick up speed. It startles Felix, causing him to jump a little. He furrows his brows and looks around.

"What the.." He says.

"Even I heard that." Jisung states. "What the hell was that?"

"I don't know..." Felix says. "Let me go check."

He lowers the phone from his ear, walking over to the window by the front door. He peeks through the blinds, looking around on the streets. He finds that the new neighbor has started one of his many cars in the driveway, the fastest looking one.

The said neighbor then approaches the car with his daughter in his arms, sitting her in the backseat when he reaches the car. Felix furrows his brows at the choice of transportation with his young daughter.

"Hello?" Jisung asks.

Felix raises the phone back to his ear after hearing the voice, shaking his head. "It's just my neighbor." He says.

"Really?" Jisung says in disbelief. "The old man? Jeez I didn't know he—"

"No!" Felix shuts down. "I have a new neighbor." He says.

"Really, how new?" Jisung asks excitedly.

"Like they just moved in yesterday new." He says. "But it was so embarrassing!" He groans and starts walking back to the kitchen.

"Why? What happened?"

Felix cringes as he remembers yesterday's events. "Well I mean I saw a moving truck in the driveway, so of course I was nosy and started to look for a person—"

"You trespassed?!" Jisung exclaims.

"No!" Felix objected. "I was just looking over in the driveway— from my house!"

"Ohh.." Jisung says. "So? How's that embarrassing?"

"Well I did find somebody.. it was a little girl." He explains. "So I smiled at her, and she got all shy. She was so cute—but then her dad came." He says.

"Oh crap." He chuckles. "What happened next?"

"Well I met his eyes..and got scared and ran inside..." Felix says. "—And the worst part is when I looked back out the window, they were laughing at me!"

"That's so awkward." Jisung cringes. "I thought he would have gotten mad and thought you were a pedophile.."

Felix groans. "What if he did? Ugh, Minho what do I do.." He whines. "I don't want him to think I'm a freak."

"He probably doesn't." Jisung assures.

"He was so handsome too.." Felix whines and pouts.

"Try and redeem yourself then." Jisung suggests. "Maybe you can make him think you aren't a freak after all."

"How do I do that?" He crosses his arms, tightening his cardigan around his body.

"I don't know.." He trails off. "Maybe make him a plate of cookies or something and bring it to his door."

Felix chuckles. "That only happens in movies, Jisung."

"No! Not even.." Jisung defends.

"When have you ever been given a plate of cookies when you first moved in?" He asks sarcastically. "Cause I know I never have been given one."

"You have a point.." Jisung mutters. "Well then if that's the case, you can be his first!"

Felix sighs. "I guess.." He says. "What kind of cookies should I make?"

"Umm.." He thinks for a second. "Chocolate chip! Everyone likes chocolate chips."

"Okay.." He says. "I'll bring them over when he comes back." He walks over to his dish cabinet.

"Well you have to make them first.." He says.

"Well duh." He says while he pulls out his glass bowl. He paused for a second. "Wait— What time do you get off?"

"Uhh.." He pauses. "About two? I came in early today and it's slow, so I'd say I'm free in two hours."

"Okay good." Felix says, stopping what he's doing and walking to his living room.

"Why?" Jisung asks. "You want my help?" He teases.

"No way." Felix says as he plops down on his couch. "I can bake, I just don't want to be lonely."

Jisung chuckles. "Disappointed. But okay." He sighs. "Anyway, I got to go. I'll see you soon."

Felix giggles. "Okay, but stop by and pick up some sugar and chocolate chips at the store for me please?" He says hopefully.

"Okay I will. Love you, bye."

"Love you." Felix smiles and hangs up.

He throws his phone to his side, and grabs the blanket on his other side. He is going to melt into his couch and watch television till Jisung gets here, then they can make their cookies together. He snuggles into the couch and turns on his favorite show, you.

Thanks to Chan for letting him have the day off.

Felix's show was interrupted by the doorbell ringing, causing him to flinch. He finds it ironic because the doorbell rang at the same time it did in the show. He quickly stands up and runs to the door, figuring it's just Minho.

He opens the door with a smile, a smiling Jisung staring right back at him— holding a bunch of grocery bags.

"Hey!" Jisung smiles.

"Hi! Come in." He moves out of the way for Felix, who walks in like he owns the place. "Did you get everything?" He asks while closing the door.

Felix's home has an open floor plan, so Felix can hear him from the kitchen. "Yeah, I even got more wine for us." He says.

Felix claps his hands as he enters the kitchen. "Good, because we are going to need it."

Jisung giggles as he empties the last grocery bag, balling up all the bags in his hands. He walks over to the trash can and throws them in, looking at all the ingredients on the counter. "Alright." He says, putting his hands together. "Should we get started?"

"Mhm." Felix says, heading behind the island. "I already got a bowl out for the dough." He takes the glass bowl and puts it in front of them.

"Okay good." Jisung dries his hands that he just washed.

Felix, who just saw, runs to the sink and does the same. "Can you get the flour from the pantry? I don't think we have enough." He says soaping up his hands.

"Alright." Jisung heads to the pantry.

Felix dries his hands, pulling out his phone. He stops for a second— realizing now he just has to wash his hands again after touching his phone. He sighs and just continues to pull up the recipe. Eventually Jisung comes back into the kitchen, complaining that Felix has a very confusing pantry.

After Felix washes his hands yet again, they start to follow the recipe. Or more Jisung follows it, while Felix goes off of muscle memory. He has made so many batches of cookies that he could probably do it in his sleep.

"That's too many chips!" Jisung whines. "It only says one cup."

"Quit it, will ya?" Felix says. "That's for a smaller portion, we are making a lot."

"Why are we making a lot?" He gives up, placing his phone back down and heading to watch his hands— again. "There are only two of them.. I think"

"Because I want some warm cookies too.." Felix confessed.

Jisung giggles, heading to grab the ice cream scooper for Felix. Felix likes to use the tool to get the perfect amount of dough for each one. He and Felix start to scoop the dough and place them on the cookie sheet one by one, aligning them perfectly as well.

"That's too much dough!" Jisung yells too loudly.

"Will you quit it!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 6.6K 36
A summer of romance that wasn't the plan. In which the original plan brings a different outcome, and Felix finds himself falling for his older brothe...
195K 8.4K 34
"do as you please, I'll allow it, as hard as you can even worse" --- Do not copy, repost, or steal I don't allow translations
118K 3.6K 12
๐ก๐ฒ๐ฎ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ฑ ๐›๐จ๐จ๐ค ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ ๐‘  ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘ค๐‘œ๐‘Ÿ๐‘˜๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘กโ„Ž ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘–๐‘Ÿ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’ ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ โ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘’ ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘™๐‘Ž๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘–๐‘ ๐‘ค๏ฟฝ...
32.8K 998 33
In bustling Seoul, Hyunjin, a rich heir who can't stand physical contact, and Felix, a broke medical student, meet and instantly dislike each other...