Spider-Man and The Esper

By Omegaknight14

A hero from different universe unknowingly arrives in the One Punch Man universe. He holds a dark past with h... More

Character Bio
1. The Strongest Heroes
2. The Lone Cyborg
3. Practice Bout
4. The House of Evolution
5. Evolution Ends, Burning Building
6. The Deadly Ninja
7. The Meteorite, Spider-man Meets Fubuki
8. The Sea Folk
9. Unyielding Justice
10. You're Not Alone, The Dark Past
11. The Class-S Meeting
12. Dark Matter Thieves
13. End of Dark Matter
14. Helping Out the Spider
15. Spider-man vs Class-S
16. Training On The First Day
17. Day Off, Shopping
19. Looks Like We Got Competition
20. The Spider's Mind
21. Bomb Incident
22. Gift Of New Life
23. Crossing The Street
24. Breaking Point
25. Questions and Bank Robbers
26. Hospital visit
27. Birthday Surprise
28. Injury
29. Breakfast, World Trade Center
30. One Thing After Another
31. Spider-man fights Sonic...Again
32. The Winter Festival
33. Livestream
34. The Hero Hunter
35. Absolute Carnage
36. Forest Battle
37. Crazy day
38. Mobilize
39. Rematch
40. I'm Here
41. A Hero or Monster? Part 1
42. A Hero or Monster? Part 2
43. A Hero or Monster? Part 3
44. A Hero or Monster? Part 4
45. A More Greater Threat
46. Absolute Evil
47. The Hero Vs. The Villain
48. Sacrifices
49. First Steps of Redemption
50. The Day Has Finally Come.

18. Meeting The King

260 8 2
By Omegaknight14

Days have passed by, walking through the streets of M-City, Saitama and Genos were carrying their groceries, as they were making their way back home from a shopping trip.

After walking for a bit longer, they turned the corner of a large building and saw an intimidating man in a hoodie and a baseball hat walk out of a video game store with a big smile on his face. Genos' facial scanners quickly identified this person as the S-Class Hero, King.

Feeling that Saitama may be interested in learning more about this man, Genos pointed out who was walking by them, "Sensei, that person in front of us appears to be King."

Being the ever knowledgeable fellow that he is, Saitama had no idea what Genos was talking about and asked, "Who?"

"He is a Hero that we met during the S-Class meeting. He has earned the title of the strongest man in the world. Although, that is likely due to you not being more well known to the public. I wonder what he is doing in a place like this," Genos explained to his teacher.

Before any more questions could be asked or explanations given, the ground shook for a moment. Suddenly, the varied screams of terrified people were heard all around, all of them yelling that a monster had shown up. Looking in the direction that the screams were coming from, Genos saw a fourteen-foot tall robot standing in the center of a freshly created crater. The robot's frame was outfitted with shiny and ornate plating and decorations, including a headpiece that looked like a crown, a large spiked wheel that was welded to its shoulders, and even a massive furred cape was billowing off of its back.

Looking at this robot with a slightly puzzled, but mostly blank gaze, Genos asked aloud, "Some kind of monster? Sensei could most likely wipe it out... No, wait. This might be a good opportunity to observe King's strength in person. Let us wait and see how he handles this enemy."

As it approached him, King looked up and glared at this metal behemoth, as it began to speak to him in a deep electronic voice, "My Name Is G4. I Am A Machine God Created By The Organization. You're The Strongest Hero, King. I Have Come To Eliminate You!"

Hearing what this robot said, a good portion of the people who had been running away stopped to turn around and look at the impending fight, with one person asking, "Did that thing say it's fighting King? I guess we don't need to run away. King'll take care of this without a problem!"

As the drumming of his King Engine began to roar, King asked G4 a question, with blatant annoyance in his tone, "Huh,The Organization? What are you talking about? You should just runoff. I'm the strongest man on Earth. I'm ranked as the number 8 Hero in S-Class, King. Did you even know that before you came here?!"

In the exact instant that King finished his threat, G4 pulled out a sword proportionate to its own size, held the blade only a few inches from King's face. The wind force of the swing knocked the S-Class' hat off.

The King Engine began booming even louder when this happened, as G4 exclaimed, "I Said I Have Come To Kill You! This Is A Performance Test For My Battle A.I.! I Cannot Collect Any Data If I Kill You By Surprise! Fight Me With All You Got!"

Just as his hat touched the ground, King sighed in frustration, put his hands in his hoodie's pockets, and, just as his King Engine blasted at its loudest, he explained to the machine god, "Fine. But let me use the bathroom first. I can't bring out even half of my strength if I have to hold it in. It won't give you satisfying data if you can't fight me at full strength, right?"

G4's processors took a moment to go over this logic, before sheathing its sword and telling King, "I Will Wait Here For Ten Minutes. For Every Minute After That, I Will Kill Ten People. If You Try To Escape, Then This Town Will Be History."

Sharpening his glare, King nodded at the robot and quickly walked off.

Seeing that King had left for the moment, a few of the people who had gathered to watch the fight ran off in fear of the killer robot going crazy in the absence of the world's strongest Hero.

Having watched these events unfold from behind a power-line pole, Saitama, with a dull sense of hope in his voice, asked Genos, "How tough do you think that monster is? It looks a little strong."

The blond cyborg's eyes flashed for a moment, before answering his teacher, "There are very high energy readings coming from that creature, Master. I believe it is a robot. This robot has amazing power readings. He might even outperform me, who was built by the genius Doctor Stench. He must be a Demon-Level Threat at least. I wonder, how will King fight that thing when he returns?"

~~~

Saitama and Genos were still in M-City, patiently keeping an eye on G4, just in case King didn't come back in time to take care of the robot.

Saitama was considering going over and asking the robot if it would leave, and taking care of the problem should G4 not be willing to cooperate. Unfortunately, just as he started moving his leg to take a step forward, ten minutes had passed. The Machine God's shoulder opened up and shot a small missile at one of the surrounding groups of people.

During the few split-seconds that the missile was flying towards the civilians, Saitama tried to think up a way he could stop it, but with what little time he had, he couldn't think of a way to block the missile without the people getting caught in the explosion. Fortunately, Genos, having set down his groceries, quickly shot an incineration blast at the projectile, hitting it with just enough force not to destroy it, but to redirect it into a telephone pole, causing a massive explosion that otherwise would've atomized the civilians.

Turning to face the direction that Genos and Saitama were standing, G4 began pulling its massive sword back out, having recognized the blond cyborg as a threat to collecting its desired combat data. With the same motion it used to draw its weapon, G4 swung its blade at Genos.

However, the Cyborg For Justice side-stepped the attack and shattered the sword with a punch before it could even make contact with the ground. Not missing a beat, Genos took the moment that G4 was disoriented over the destruction of its sword and quickly charged power into his fist for an attack. Throwing a punch that was nowhere near close enough to hit the Machine God, one would assume that Genos had a malfunction. However, his wrist suddenly opened up, revealing four small jets that started propelling Genos' fist through the air while staying connected to his arm with a thick metal cord. Once the fist made contact with G4's face, the small rockets began blasting out enough flames to power a rocket ship, giving Genos' punch that much more force.

Overwhelmed by this attack's kinetic force, G4 got launched so far into the air that its massive metal body had been flung above the buildings. Soon enough, the robot reconnected with the ground with a mighty crash that shattered the street beneath it.

As soon as the cord connected to Genos' fist finished rewinding itself into his metal arm, Saitama asked his top pupil, "What was that? A rocket punch?"

Before Genos could give an answer, his scanners went off, alerting him just a second too late that his foe was still functioning.

Suddenly, the jet pack on G4's back lifted it off of the road and into the air. The blond cyborg didn't have enough time to get out of the way of G4 as it dropped out of the sky and slammed its foot down on him. The mechanical Hero barely had enough time to raise his arms up, drop to one knee, and stop the foot from crushing him.

Seeing Genos struggling underneath his opponent's foot, Saitama casually asked him, "Need a hand, Genos?"

Instantly, Genos, as his artificial face began to crack, started to spark with electricity as he shouted, "NO! In order to reach the goal Sensei has set for me,Reach the top 10 of S-Class..." suddenly, all of the electricity that the blond cyborg had been building up exploded out of him, propelling him through G4's foot, as he continued to proclaim, "An opponent like this," he, then, unleashed a flurry of punches all over G4's body, knocking it off of its balance, before finishing his declaration, "MUST BE DEFEATED BY ME!"

Having no visible reaction to this, even as Genos' attacks caused himself and the ground to shake, Saitama emotionlessly replied, "Okay then. Just make sure that you don't lose, you hear?" Picking up the groceries that Genos had dropped, Saitama turned around and walked away to go and find directions, somewhat confident that his student could handle the robot.

~~~

Meanwhile, back in M-City, Saitama arrived at a twenty-two-story apartment building. After asking for directions from a few of the people living in town, he heard that King was rumored to live in this structure.

After taking a second to examine the apartment complex, Saitama saw an open window on the top floor. Without even preparing himself, the bald Hero effortlessly jumped all twenty-two stories, unintentionally shattering the pavement he had been standing on as a result. Once he reached the window, he glided through it and gently landed on the room's floor without making any noise.

Quickly examining his surroundings, Saitama realized that he was in a very high-end apartment, at least in comparison to where he lived. After looking around for a second, Saitama saw King sitting in front of a large television in his living room and playing video games, so he approached him silently.

King had just finished getting through his video game's opening and began speaking to himself as he was given the option to name his in-game character, "Now the name entry screen... Using my real name's too embarrassing, I'm twenty-nine after all. Tough choice..."

At this point, Saitama was standing just a few feet behind the Hero Association's strongest and most feared warrior, so he casually suggested to him, "Why don't you go with King?"

Smirking at this suggestion, King replied, "Nah, using my Hero name is a bit awkward... If anyone saw the game character calling me King Onii-Chan, I'd probably kill myself out of embarrassment."

Suddenly, it hit the fearsome man that there was somebody else in his apartment with him. Turning his head, King saw a bald man wearing a shirt designed with poorly drawn breasts that read Oppai on it, smiling at him.

Stunned with fear and confusion, King thought to himself as he stared into this stranger's simple expression, Huh? Wha... What?! Who's this guy?! What's he doing here?!

Gesturing with his thumb, Saitama pointed to the window that he came through and explained to King in a pleasant tone, "Sorry to barge in, but the window was open."

Sweating profusely at this point, King retorted in a deadpan tone of voice, "Dude, this is the twenty-second floor... This-."

After standing up to back away from this bald home invader, King began to shake violently before continuing to speak, this time in a threatening tone, "This is quite bothersome. You can't just walk into someone else's home! Don't you know that I'm an S-Class Hero?"

Unfazed, Saitama, with his typical emotionless voice, replied, "I know. You're King, right?"

Shocked that this man knew who he was, but seemed unconcerned with it, King was once again stunned with fear as he thought, Huh...?!Wait! It's... It's that guy! The Class-S Hero, who was at the S-Class meeting! I think he's rank 1!

While King was trying to figure out what was going on, Saitama had grown a semi-serious look on his face as he looked at King's television and stated, "Hmm... I gotta say... I didn't think you'd be a guy who's into this kind of game."

On the T.V. screen, an anime girl with outlandishly huge hair, who looked to be in middle school, appeared in front of the naming screen and spoke in an unbelievably high-pitched voice, "Onii-Chan, tell me your name!"

Realizing the horror of what his uninvited guest was seeing, King screamed at the top of his lungs, 'KILL ME NOW'

Either not noticing or not caring about the emotional panic attack he was causing King, Saitama picked up and examined a game case that had a robot on it, prompting him to ask, "Hm? What kinda game is this? Is it any fun?"

Devising a quick plan, King shouted at his bald intruder with fake excitement in his voice, "Ah, that one's an action game!"

Raising his eyebrows with slight interest, Saitama asked, "Do you pilot a giant robot in this?"

Nodding his head vigorously, King answered, "Yes, yes!" Grabbing the game case for the game he was playing, he threw it onto the ground in an over-the-top fashion while continuing to shout, "Yeah, I'm really into that kind of action game! I thought this would be the one, but it turned out to be a dating sim! I bought the wrong game!"

Looking at the game that King had just slammed on the ground, Saitama commented emotionlessly, "But it says Heartbeat Hotty Sisters right on the cover."

Continuing to act in an over-the-top fashion, King shouted, "I thought it said Heartblood Hatred Slayers! They lied to me! I'm gonna throw this stupid dating sim out!"

Seeing that the girl on the screen was about to say something else, King quickly unplugged the television while giving the excuse, "Whoops! Gotta turn off the power now. They charge a lot for power, you know! How embarrassing is this!? A twenty-nine-year-old buying a dating sim by mistake! AHAHAHA!"

Handing King the robot game, Saitama emotionlessly told him, "Then, show me this one instead."

Grabbing the game case, King enthusiastically responded, "Yeah, you're right. That's how it should be... Wait... Ummm... You wanna try this one?"

Looking minimally puzzled by King's question, Saitama asked him, "Is that a no? I thought you were bored."

Unsure of how to respond, the strongest S-Class Hero simply answered, "No... Uh..."

As King tried to process this situation, he thought, What's wrong with this guy? He's showing me no respect, even though I'm clearly older than him, the jerk...! Why is he here anyway?

Moments later at King's apartment complex in M-City, the building had a massive hole on one side of it. The center of this hole was placed where King's apartment would be. Lying dead on the ground next to the building was a, now headless, giant crow that, due to its size alone, could've caused city-wide destruction and an untold number of deaths.

Inside of the strongest Hero's apartment, Saitama was calmly sitting cross-legged while King was sitting on his knees, looking at his rubble-covered floor in dejection.

In a mildly curious tone, Saitama looked at King and asked him, "So, is this fun or something? Being a Hero full of lies while being scared shitless?"

Very weakly, King responded, "It's not fun..."

His expression remaining unchanged, Saitama continued to speak, "Well, it's none of my business, and I don't like preaching."

Continuing to whimper, King explained, "All of my accomplishments are probably yours, Saitama..."

Looking out the hole in the building and towards the setting sun, Saitama explained to King, "Being a Hero isn't about accomplishments, because you're still the Hero that everyone looks up to."

Having started to sweat again, all King could say was, "No, I..."

Continuing with his statement, Saitama explained, "Truth is, you don't really need powers to be great hero, is about living up to the responsibilities of being one. So, King, are you gonna keep this up? Or will you quit being a Hero?"

Gripping his pants legs, the strongest Hero could only find the strength to explain, "I just can't find the courage to decide..."

Stretching out to stand up, Saitama emotionlessly told him, "Well If that's the case, then why not just become strong on your own, and you'll be alright, don't you think? Anyways, I have to get going. See ya."

Moved by the bald Hero's simple yet powerful words, King found himself jumping to his feet, as Saitama slowly walked towards the ledge that was once the wall of King's apartment.

Unable to understand Saitama's actions, King asked him in desperate confusion, "Wait! Hold on a sec! Aren't you mad at me? You've been trying your hardest to become a Hero, but I-!"

Before King could even finish that sentence, Saitama had grabbed his groceries and jumped out of the building while calmly yelling back, "I might come over from time to time to play video games with you. Till then, dude."

Feeling like a weight had been lifted off of his chest, King blankly looked at the sun on the horizon and responded to the world's greatest Hero, "Huh...?! Oh, uh... Okay..."

~~~

Fubuki was simply flying to her destination mainly because she heard of a task about helping one of the Hero Association executives kid's finding their lost pet which was a cat.

What gave her the motivation in the first place was because that Spider-man said that helping out others makes it all worth while, much like how she was observing Spider-man helping out others when they went shopping together for groceries.

Right now, Fubuki was walking around the City-L with a little girl in a tutu sitting on her shoulders, "You promise you won't leave? You'll help me find my kitty?"

Fubuki looks over her shoulder, "Oh course I will, sweetheart."

Walking towards an area of the city that was marked off by lines made of traffic cones tied together by little ropes and with signs that read 'Warning!'

Looking at this area with suspicion, Fubuki asked the kid, "You sure this is someplace it'd be?"

Nodding, the kid answered innocently, "Yeah. Torako likes going places that look important."

Before she could comment on this ludicrous logic, Fubuki's attention was taken away from the little girl when he noticed the two pretender Heroes, Tanktop Tiger and Tanktop Black Hole standing guard at the sectioned off area.

Noticing that Fubuki, the woman who threatened to rip them apart by threatening Spider-man, was walking towards him and his bro, "Well, well, well. If it isn't the tank top crybabies."

Tanktop Tiger screeched, "Gack! It's her! What're you doing here? This area's off-limits!"

Not breaking his stride, Fubuki continued to move forward as she dully asked, "Why?"

"I... I don't know why, but...! Anyway, this area is restricted only to Heroes on a special mission!" Tiger snapped.

"This ain't for C and B-Class Heroes!" Tanktop Blackhole chimed in.

Having ignored that statement, Fubuki focused on Tanktop Tiger and asked him, "What kind of special mission is it?"

Still angry, the tanktopper gave the same answer, "I don't know! But only guys selected by a big shot in the Association may pass!"

Fubuki instantly responded, as she cracks her knuckles, "Oh. That's me. Now move out of my way unless you want to repeat what happened last time."

Searching for the cat was a little tough but eventually they were on the right trail. Fubuki was actually getting better at helping out those in need thanks to Spider-man showing her the ropes. She was very grateful for that from the bottom of her heart.

Later on that day, they were able to find the kid's missing cat along with carrying a box full of small newborn kittens. It was adorable which was what Fubuki also thought.

It also turns out that Spider-man the man himself was actually on an assigned mission with Stinger, Lightning Max, and Lightning Genji taking care of demon level monsters, all of them were in the same area.

"Have to admit Spider-man, you're actually pretty strong." Stinger commented as he held his bamboo shoot behind his neck kinda like he's hold barbell.

"Thank you." Spider-man replied as his hands were on his hips.

"Yeah, your abilities are awesome too. Do you use technology?" Lightning Genji questioned the grey and black costumed hero.

"No, well, they are natural in a way. Believe it or not, my supernatural abilities were an accident."

"Wait really?" Stinger asked with a surprised tone. Completely caught off guard.

"Yeah, bitten by a radioactive spider at a young age. That's all you guys need to know." Spider-man simply answered.

"Oh no, no, we hear you." Stinger decided to change the subject, "Oh yeah, speaking of, I want to hear your side of the story with why people think you're a fraud."

"Hmm, during the Deep Sea King incident I wanted to take the fall in order to help the other heroes keep their reputation. As for working with Class-S heroes, I only do because I want to ensure that people are still save, being able to them however I can. True is, people need heroes to look up to, they need hope in their lives in order to feel safe. Me, I just still want to be Spider-man no matter what people think of me. I am very powerful myself but I would honestly want to stay close to the ground. Saving innocent lives always come first before anything regardless of what they think of me."

Stinger, Lightning Genji, and Lightning Max were taken off guard by his words, for some reason they could tell that he was speaking from experience. Lots of it. Seeing him in action for the first time, saving innocent bystanders while fighting the monsters honestly proved that. Turns out the more they learn about what he's really like, they more they started to respect him.

"Web-head, didn't know that you were going to be here." A voice spoke out catching the boys attention.

They look forward to see Fubuki with one of the representatives kid's, seeing missing cat in Fubuki's arms as she was using her powers to carry the box of small newborn kittens.

"Hellish Blizzard? I didn't know that you were in the area." Lightning Max was surprised to see the Class-B rank 1 heroine.

"Neither did I." Spider-man replied as he walked forward to pet one of the newborn kittens with his finger, "Nice that you're actually building up your game helping out others."

"And it was all thanks you, Web-slinger." Fubuki replied with a giggle. She turns her attention to the child next to her, "Come on, sweetie. Let's get these little kittens a new home, after that I'll walk you home."

"Sure thing, Miss Blizzard." With that, the two females walks pass the heroes heading the opposite direction.

Once they were far enough away, the three high rank Class-A heroes surrounded Spider-man with curiosity.

"Are you and Hellish Blizzard a thing?"

"Wow I'm impressed..."

"How did you get a girl like her? I must know."

Spider-man suddenly had a smile on his face underneath his mask, "Well, we're not really dating or anything. But to be honest, I might like her."

"Ask her out man." Stinger commented.

"I'm still deciding on that. But I'm not sure if she feels the same way towards me."

"What makes you say that?"

"True is, I have a dark fucked up past and I'm dealing with a lot. A mean, she knows my past, knows what I've been through all my life."

Lightning Max blinks in surprise, "You're worried that something might happen to her?"

Spider-man exhaled as he looked at the three heroes before him, "Yeah, she one of the few people that know the real me underneath this mask. Because of that, she's a target. Despite her being a hero, I know that she can protect herself and yet that still worries me."

Spider-man clenched a fist as he stared at it, "I can bench press a car, I can climb up the side of a wall, fighting 100 guys to stand still, swing across chasms 30 stories deep, feel a bullet coming my way move fast enough to get clear. But something in her makes me sky, makes me strong, makes me happy to be alive. Maybe that's it, maybe that’s what it comes down to. She 'makes' me. Makes me whole. She...completes me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

621 36 20
What if Spider-man had survived the final battle against Carnage.
89.6K 3.1K 10
Walk in the park ᴏɴᴇ α΄˜α΄œΙ΄α΄„Κœ ᴍᴀɴ Ι’α΄€Κ€α΄α΄œ x ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ β—ˆ ━━━━━━━ βΈ™ ━━━━━━━ β—ˆ This is a short story for you and the Human Monster! Get ready for fluffs and som...
74.4K 2.8K 11
There aren't enough Genos x reader fanfics. BUT TOGETHER WE CAN UNITE OUR LOVE FOR THIS TOASTER TOGETHER IN THE NAME OF FANFICTION ( ‒̀ᄇ‒ ́)ﻭ✧ So I...
1.2K 123 40
After being removed from the Hero Association to save Garou's life and marrying the man she loved since she tried to rookie crush him first encounter...