The True Queen

By ravenclawslove

Ophelia is the little sister of Mary. They both go to meet Francis and his cousin, Andrew, but Mary was betro... More

Cast
act one
one
two
Let you know
four
wedding night
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
Fillers Ahead
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen

three

4K 106 16
By ravenclawslove

Remembering what happened the day before, Ophelia smiled as she woke up. she heard a noise outside, well more like someone saying get out. She went to her door to see her sister trying to walk in Francis room. She tried to kiss him, but he wasn't having it. "Mary, I want your sister and your sister only."

"Why not me?" She asked.

"Because she's perfect for my country." He says as she started pulling her dress down. "Leave Mary."

"Is everything okay?" Ophelia asked as she made herself known.

Frances smiled at her and walked over to her. "Yes. Mary thought she should try to kiss me, but I won't do it. I have you and she has my cousin."

"Mary, you are to be queen of Scotland. Why are you acting like this over a guy who turned you down?" She says. "You better be thinking like one and stop acting like a jealous child because mother will soon come here to see us. You have to focus on Andrew."

"He doesn't want to marry me either."

"Are you sure about that?" Francis asked as he took Ophelia's hand.

"Why are you trying to hurt me?" Ophelia asked as she walked away with Francis.

Mary didn't know why she was trying to hurt her sister. She just needs to find herself a husband and knowing that Francis called the engagement off their first day so he can be with her sister, and Andrew just said he'll be engage to her, just for her not knowing where her heart stands. She needs to stop before she loses her crown.
~~~
Ophelia walked with Lola who shook her head at her friend. "Mary shouldn't be doing this." She tells her.

"Your majesty, your uncle Claude is here." A maid says. "He wants to see you at once too."

"Mary is going to be there?"

"Yes."

Ophelia groaned as she didn't want to deal with her sister's foolishness. Lola hugged her as Ophelia went to greet her uncle.
~~~
When she got to the room, she heard her sister and uncle. Instead of walking in, Ophelia listened as she knew she was going to hear the plan. Mary wasn't really in to marry Francis. It was all planned. She was really using them, but hearing that her home is under attack broke her heart. "What if I get Ophelia to talk to Francis?"

"Aren't you supposed to marry him?"

"He wants my sister." She tells him. "She's of age today."

Ophelia sighed as she was now the only hope Scotlalnd has. "What about his cousin?"

"Andrew has announced our engagement." Mary says. "I can try to talk to him and Ophelia to talk to Henry and Francis."

"Can? What's going on between you and your sister?"

"I made the mistake to keep her hidden. Now she's the only one who may help us."
~~~
Mary walked with her sister as they walked into the room that Andrew, Henry and Francis was discussing the plans. She didn't say anything as Francis stood by her side. He took her hand and kissed it causing her to watch her sister walk away. "Henry, please help. My sister is trying as a queen." She says as Andrew ran off to talk to his fiancée. "All we are asking for is six companies. That's it."

Francis looked at his fiancée as she walked away. He looked at his father. "I will only do it for the future queen of France." He tells him. "Go talk to your fiancée."

He looked at his father as he knew that Ophelia would like this news. He ran out of the room and to his fiancée. "Ophelia?"

She looked at him. "Father says he will do it for the queen of France." He tells her smiling. "Just because it's your home."

"Thank you." She tells him as Mary walked over to her

"Can we talk?"

Ophelia looked at Francis as he nodded causing her to walk away with her sister.
~~~
"I'm sorry for what I have been doing. It's just, you got the attention when no one knew about you. Lola has you as her queen and best friend." She sighed. "Ophelia, I should have never kept you hidden. I actually thought I was keeping you safe."

Ophelia kicked the ball as Charles ran after them. "Will you two play with me?"

They looked at Charles and nodded. "Sure." Mary says.

Ophelia walked with her sister. "You two aren't like girls."

"Sometimes, queens have to get their hands dirty or play with children." Ophelia says as Mary kicked the ball in the tree. "Nice kick, Mary."

Mary looked at her little sister who smiled causing her to smile. "You know how to climb because I don't know how many times I had to tell you to get down."

Ophelia stuck her tongue out causing her to climb up. Charles was amazed when Mary caught the ball that Ophelia threw down. "Your majesty." The heard Greer. "I would like for you to meet Tomas of Portuagl."

Ophelia got down as Tomas spoke to her sister. She looked at Greer to see she was hurt. "Oh, Greer, their just talking."

"Promise?"

"I can't promise that, but if he isn't the one, someone out there will be."

"Still climbing trees." Greer says causing her to smile. "Of course."

"I am going to take the ball back to Charles." She says. "And practice."
~~~
Ophelia changed into some clothes so she can practice. She heard Andrew talking as she walked in to work with her new friend Bash. "Am I interrupting something?"

Andrew grabbed her wooden sword causing her to look at him as Francis walked in. "Andrew dosen't know that he accepted for you to send help to your home country."

Ophelia watched them continue to fight. Once Andrew won, Henry went back on his word causing her to look at him. "So I can practice right?"

Bash laughed. Francis shook his head as he grabbed a wooden sword. "My queen."

Ophelia couldn't believe that she was going to do this with her fiancé and friend. "This isn't fair, but let's spare."

Francis swung first causing Ophelia to block. She ducked as Bash attacked. King Henry looked inside the room to see Ophelia actually fighting her fiancé and his son.
~~~
Ophelia was getting ready for the night. She heard the door open and saw Lola. "Are you ready, my queen?"

Nodding, Ophelia stood up and walked out with her friend. Francis saw her and took her hand in his. She smiled as she walked with him. "Mary doesn't know?"

"No." He says. "I will let Andrew find out on his own."

When they walked in, Nostradamus walked over to the table with the girls. "Princess Ophelia?" She looked at him. "Come."

She walked over to the table and sat down with her sister and friends. "Pick a card and ask a queston."

Ophelia picked a card, but had to think of her quesiton. "Will I ever love again?" Lola asked him.

"You will meet a dark handsome stranger." Nostradamus tells her. "Be wary of flattery."

Ophelia knew what she wanted to ask. "Nostradamus, what does my future hold with Francis?" Ophelia asked causing Catherine to look as she too wondered as did Francis.

Nostradamus smiled at her. "Your grace, your future with Francis will be wonderful. Nothing but love between the two of you." He leaned in and whispered something to her. "On your wedding night, you will conceive your first heir."

Ophelia looked at him shocked. Lola grabbed her hand wondering what he had said. "Ophelia?"

"It's nothing." She says smiling. "It's something I never thought my future would hold."

Francis walked over to Ophelia. "May I have this dance."

"Of course." She tells him as they walk out to the dance floor.

They didn't pay attention to Mary and Andrew till Andrew walked to the side lines. Ophelia and Francis stood together watching. "I thought he was interested in Greer." She says.

"Looks like he is more interested in Mary."

Ophelia nodded as Francis held her hand. She saw Greer walking away. Sighing, Ophelia looked at Francis. "Why don't you two dance like that?" They heard Bash.

She laughed as Francis smiled and told him to shut up as Andrew walked away. Ophelia grabbed his hand and walked away so the two can talk. "What did Nostradamus whisper to you?"

"Besides our future being happy and deeply in love." Ophelia smiled as she put her arms around his neck. "I will keep that one to myself."

Francis leaned in to kiss her causing her to lean up and kiss him. Andrew and Mary stopped seeing the two kiss causing them to go another way.
~~~
Francis walked with Ophelia as Andrew saw them then Mary and Tomas. Greer saw them. "I think I'm announcing to Ophelia that I am her lady not Mary. She stolen Tomas."

They watch Francis help Ophelia onto the boat. She smiled as this was something she never thought would happen. "Ophelia?"

"Yes, Francis?"

He got down on one knee causing Ophelia to look at the ones on the boat. "Ophelia, princess of Scots, will you take this ring and reign along side me as my queen and my wife."

"Yes." She says kissing him.
~~~
The next morning, Ophelia was still sound asleep. Francis walked in and smiled as she was still sound asleep. "Is my sister awake?"

"Not yet."

Mary smiled. "I wanted to congratulate you and my sister. I heard from Lola." She says. "I'm sorry for how I have been acting and I shouldn't have."

"Thank you." He says. "Andrew is looking for you."

Mary smiled as she walked away and looked at him. "I'm going to marry Andrew."

Francis nodded as Ophelia poked her head out. "Did I miss something?"

"No." He says. "Get ready and we can join mother for breakfast."

Ophelia heard a rukus outside and ran to the window. "Francis!"

"Yes." He says walking in.

"It's Bash."
~~~
She walked into the infirmary with her sister, Francis, and Andrew. She heard Bash talking causing Mary to grab her sister's hand. The two shared a look and knew. They were in danger. Walking out, king Henry looked at the sisters. "Go wait."

"Come on, Ophelia."

Ophelia looked at Francis as she walked away with her sister.
~~~
Ophelia ran to look for Francis, but stopped seeing Andrew and Mary kiss. She smiled as Francis walked over to her. He turned her around and kissed her. They pulled back. "I didn't know that Andrew sent Bash out to fight." He tells her. "Father wants Andrew to act like a king and not act on his heart all the time."

"Francis..."

"We acted as we should have, but Andrew's love for Mary almost costed my brother's life." He tells her. "I need to know if you are actually willing to fight along side me when it comes to war, Ophelia. As my queen and wife."

"Francis, of course I will fight by your side." She tells him touching his cheek. "Let's go in and get some rest. We can visit your brother later."

Francis nodded as they walked away not seeing a heartbroken look on Andrew's face as he made a decision for Mary. The wrong decision for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 5.6K 23
Ranked #12 in girlxgirl |03/23/20| Ranked #6 in Updates |08/20/20| Ranked #2 in kingsandqueens |3/20/22| Trapped inside castle walls, heiress Aless...
92K 8.4K 36
After narrowly escaping an assassination, a new king in disguise escapes to his childhood home only to discover that his unwanted betrothed has been...
26 0 4
The grandeur of the coronation filled the air, but beneath the shimmering facade of royalty, lay the unspoken turmoil of sisters torn apart by ambiti...
5.3K 211 8
π–πˆπ‹πƒπ„π’π“ πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’| Where Jade Hart live turns upside down when she meets Francis Valois the future king of France who can't seem to get her...