thirteen

Happy birthday to those born on Jul 27th.

Francis looked at his wife as she slept and kissed her stomach. He heard a knock and opened to see Andrew and Lola. "Is she awake yet?" Francis shook his head. "We need to talk. Lola can stay here."

Lola nodded as she knew he was going to tell Francis about them sleeping together. Ophelia raised up as soon as the door shut to see only Lola, but the look on her face had her speak up. "What happened?"

"After you and Francis left, Andrew and I almost died and the next thing I know..."

"You didn't. Tell me you didn't." Ophelia says grabbing a robe. "Lola, Mary is going to kill you. She can't stand me and Francis as it is and once she finds out..."

"Promise me that you won't tell." Lola says. "Not as my queen, but as my friend."

Ophelia sighed. "I don't see nothing wrong because Mary chose to marry my brother in law." She says as she sighed. "I want food now."
~~~
Arriving back at the castle, Ophelia smiled as she looked at her husband who kissed her. The door opened causing them to pull apart. Francis got out of the carriage not seeing his mother in law. Marie saw her youngest. The soon to be queen of France. "How is it that Francis chosen your sister? Did something happen?'

"He fell for the person she is, mother." She says as Ophelia smiled as they walked together till they came to a stop.

"Mother?"

"Hello, my sweet child."

"I'm in so much trouble."

"No. You did followed your heart like you were raised to do." She tells her. "Francis, I see that you married my youngest. What was the real reason?"

"Because she's not like Mary and she will fight along side me when it comes to a battle." He tells her as he saw his mother. "If you excuse me, I need to get Ophelia some food."

Ophelia smiled. "Actually, I need to tell her."

"Tell me what."

"I am with child, mother." Ophelia says. "If you are here to question why Francis chose to marry me instead of Mary, then Mary shouldn't be a selfish queen because one day, that will get her killed including who ever she marries."

Marie watched her youngest walk away causing her to look at Mary. "I should have never hidden her because she has more potential to be the queen of Scotland." She tells her oldest. "You better choose wisely, Mary."

Lola looked at her friends and smiled as she walked over to them. At least she won't be judged. Marie linked her arm with her youngest as she wanted to catch up. Something the two hasn't done in a long time. "My dear sweet child, I'm sorry for keeping you hid. It was for a reason."

"I understand."

"I should have let Francis meet you from the beginning and you should be the next queen of Scotland. Not Mary." She tells her.

Catherine smiled as she hugged her daughter in law. "She's done threatened to take the throne from Mary."

Ophelia didn't like this conversation at all.
~~~
Sometime that day, Marie was looking for Ophelia when she heard talking. She looked into the ball room to see Ophelia and Francis having a moment. "This is relaxing." She tells him. "We haven't done this since the wedding."

"We've been doing our duties since two people can't seem to make up their minds." He tells her. "I love you, Ophelia and I for one can't wait for the baby to be here."

Ophelia smiled as she kissed him. "You know, after speaking to mother, Henry told me that I'm not allowed to practice." She tells him. "Says we can't lose this baby."

Marie smiled. "It's the truth." They heard causing them to look at her. "I know you've always wanted to find love and have a child. Now that you have both, I don't want to see you heartbroken."

"I will never hurt her...."

"I know you won't. I can see how much you love her. Continue that."

They watched her leave causing Francis to look at his wife. "Ophelia, how about we go into town. Just us. No drama, no wedding, just us and the baby."

Ophelia smiled. "I love you."

"I love you."