INSECURITIES.

By sophia_ispeng

What happens when you fall for someone you know you're not supposed to fall in love with? ''It's cool to have... More

Author's note.
CHARACTER AESTHETICS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4.
CHAPTER 5.
CHAPTER 6.
CHAPTER 7.
CHAPTER 8.
CHAPTER 9.
CHAPTER 10.
CHAPTER 11.
CHAPTER 12.
CHAPTER 13.
CHAPTER 14.
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16.
CHAPTER 17.
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
PLEASE READ
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
RANDOM Q/A
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44.
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46a
CHAPTER 46b
CHAPTER 47.
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49.
CHAPTER 50 {The End.}

CHAPTER 41

17 8 12
By sophia_ispeng

Time skip, one month later.

February 9th, 2022

Dave's POV.

It's been exactly a month since I had my first official kiss with Jasmine and onG, that day was one of the best days of my life. Jasmine is just the best girl in everything for real. I dead ass regret ever calling her a bad kisser. Out of the six girls I've kissed, Jasmine is the best.

Happiness is an understatement to the emotion I feel from having her back in my life,

-After several break ups.

We've become much more closer now, and inseparable if I may add. Although we do not talk everyday, the bond in our relationship has grown 10 times stronger. It feels like we are more matured and we are handling things maturely too.

I mean, the Jasmine I knew in the past would tie me up if I didn't respond to her text immediately  but presently, she has become really understanding, too understanding if I may add. Sometimes it feels like she isn't the Jasmine I used to know.

She no longer complains if I reply late or if I do not call her first. She doesn't even talk about seeing me. I'm the one always inviting her over now.

And I am going to be very honest and say that I miss that attention she used to give to me. I do not like this matured and understanding Jasmine that no longer disturbs.

I do not blame her though, I messed up and she has really learnt. She's no longer the down to earth lover girl who could do anything for the guy she loved. She's now really reserved and I do not know if it's the new her or it's because she's afraid to to be heartbroken all over again.

One thing is certain tho, I will never mess with her heart again. That girl deserves all the love in this world and I am going to give it to her.

I know how long it took for me to get her comfortable with me again. To show her that I didn't mean any hurt no more.
Early last month when she came over to my place occasionally, she still wasn't fully settled in.

I could tell because she wasn't acting like herself and the last thing I wanted was to rush her. I told her to take her time and since then till now, I think she's more comfortable and she's beginning adapt to the fact that I'm here to stay.

We just spoke not too long ago and she told me that she was hanging out with her closest male friend asides me which if I am going to be honest, made me slightly jealous. I've never liked the idea of that guy but who am I to table my feelings before her?

I was the one who left in the first place any way.

Besides, we weren't even in a relationship so I couldn't tell her who she should or shouldn't hang out with. She always mentions him in most of our conversations too. And the worst part is that she's very oblivious to the hurt she makes me feel whenever she brings him up.  I'm saying this because if there is one thing I'm really good at doing, it's hiding my jealousy.

I am very good at masking up my emotions, which is why many people see me as a happy boy who doesn't have any problems.

My thoughts get interrupted by the ring of my phone. I immediately pick it up to check if it was Jasmine calling but I thought wrong as the caller ID read Olivia.

"Hey babe," I say as I place the phone in my ear.

"Hi bear, how you doing today?"

"I'm good mama. How are you?" I respond, laying comfortably on my sofa.

"I'm okay, Just came back from the salon and I decided to check up on you." Olivia's voice plays from the line.

"Oh thanks, why did you visit the salon tho, the last time we met, your braids were still looking new." I say.

"That was a wig silly," Olivia says from the other end.

"Are you for real babe?" I ask in surprise.

"Yeah," She says.

"I could swear that was your hair tho, but who am I to speak on things concerning your gender?" I tease causing Olivia to chuckle.

"They make everything look so real now. Have you eaten bear?" Olivia asks.

"No babe, I'm hungry and I feel lazy to prepare something to eat." I pout, even if she can't see me.

"Aw, poor baby. Should I come over and prepare something for you?" Olivia cooes.

"I mean, I wouldn't mind but I don't want to stress you," I say.

"Say no more babes, I'm on my way." Olivia says and I hear some shuffling in the background.

"Are you sure you really want to come over?" I ask, not wanting to stress her with my little problems.

"Yes I am. Expect me in fifteen."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye bear." She says and hangs up.

I place my phone on the side table as I go in to settle for something more presentable. I didn't want Olivia to come in meeting me on a pair of shorts with no shirt.

The bond I had with Olivia wasn't this way in the past, well not until Jasmine left. We became more close and she was just too caring for anyone not to have around.

I'm going to be telling lies if I say I do not feel anything for her. I mean, she's pretty, she's decent, and she can cook. Damn, she's one of the best chefs I've met. 100 yards of wife material is what you would define Olivia as.

We grew closer over those months Jasmine wasn't here, with her always checking on me and coming over. She took every opportunity she had to come over to my place. I really like Olivia as a person but I love Jasmine more.

I remember when Jasmine asked me about her and I told her the honest truth. I mean, it wasn't shit to lie about anyways.

I'm sure she had other guys when I wasn't there too. She even confirmed it the night we got back together.

"What is it you share with that Olivia girl, Dave?" Jasmine asked.

"I'm not gonna lie, I actually like Olivia. She returned from school earlier and we've been fucking together for a while. She always comes around and all of that shit. There is just something about her, she brings peace to my life." Dave said, in praise of Olivia.

"Oh, so I bring war yeah?" Jasmine asked, making Dave chuckle.

"I knew that was the next thing you were going to say. Now let me explain further on what I mean by she brings peace to my life." Dave said.

"Feel free," was Jasmine's simple response.

"She's just very comforting basically. Sometimes, when we're texting she will be like: let's face time. And when we're face timing she will be like; Your face is rough. Hope you're not stressing yourself too much, you look darker. Are you missing your skincare routine? Have you stopped maintaining your diet?-

-She takes notice of the littlest changes in me. Let's talk about your day. Did anything fascinating happen? She has this mentality of whatever is meant to be will be. Even when I told her about us, she was like we shouldn't stress anything, everything happens for a reason and whatever is meant to be will be."

"But on the other hand, you just like to stress me." Dave says teasingly.

"Wtf Dave, how do I like to stress you?" Jasmine asked, guilt written all over her face. She was smiling now. They both were.

"If you call and I do not pick your call, it's a problem. If I do not reply your message the way you want me to reply to it, it's a problem. If I tell you we can't be together, you start to stress about it. You need to learn how to accept whatever life throws at you and just believe that if we are meant to be, then nothing is going to stop us from being together." Dave stated  matter-of-factly.

"So are you guys dating?" Jasmine asked the question that had been bothering her for a while now. She knew Dave wouldn't lie to her.

She didn't know if it was the love she had for him that made her trust him this much but she just seemed to believe whatever he said to her.

"No we're not, we just had a thing going on." Dave said with a straight face.

"So you like her?" Jasmine asked frustratedly making Dave burst out into laughter.

"What the fuck is funny Dave?" She scolded.

"You needed to hear the way your voice sounded when you asked me that question. 'So you like her?'" He said in a mimicking tone.

"Just answer the question Gee."

"I'm not going to lie, I do like her." He said, causing Jasmine's heart to ache but she tried to mask her pain with a straight face.

"So what is it with me then?" She asked. She dead ass wanted to know her place at this point, even if he wasn't hers.

"Okay let me break it down for you. On a scale of 1-100, I like you 70%. Olivia has the 30% that is left. I like you more."

"But I bring war to your life don't I?" She asked again.

Dave chuckled before responding.

"I know you're really troublesome but you're the only girl who I feel is perfect for me. You're someone I'm very comfortable with and can talk to about anything without being afraid that I might get judged. Mind you, it is very fascinating because I do not relate  my shits to anyone. I'm very free with you, and I like you a lot."

"Whatever." Jasmine deadpanned when deep down, everything Dave said to her made her feel really special.

"Don't worry yeh, you're still in the number one spot. Nobody can take your place. At least none that I've seen for now." Dave assured Jasmine, making her finally smile.

The sound of the doorbell brought me back to reality and I stood up to get the door. I didn't bother to peep through the see-through hole because I already knew who it was.

I smile widely at the sight of Olivia as I usher her in. She looks really pretty in her new hairstyle but I am not one to give a compliment so I just observe and look away.

"Hi bear," she says as she envelops me in a tight hug like she hasn't seen me for years and I hug her back, inhaling her vanilla-ish scent.

"Hey babe," I say as she pulls out from the hug.

"How has my baby been faring?" She asks.

"Hope you didn't miss me too much?" She adds before I could reply to her last statement.

"Your baby is hungry, please prepare something for him before he passes out," I say faintly causing her to giggle.

"Okay, okay. You don't have to be overly dramatic you know." She says causing me to smile.

"What fast food would you like to eat?" She asks.

"Tea and bread." I say, causing her to give me an incredulous look.

"Don't tell me you made me leave my house for a meal that even a five year old can prepare Dave!" Olivia exclaims causing me to chuckle.

"I'm just kidding babe. Just make me a quick food okay." I say and she sashays into the kitchen.

Asides Jasmine, Olivia is the only person I allow to roam around my apartment like they own the place. While Jasmine is always in my room, Olivia is always in my kitchen.

She performs her wonders and in less than fifteen minutes, she comes out with an Oatmeal blueberry yogurt pancake.

"This looks and smells really nice babes." I say, licking my lips.

My stomach unexpectedly growls at the sight of the dish.

"Wait till you have a taste." She smiles sweetly.

"Mmm," I moan out loudly at the scrumptious taste of this meal before me. Savouring the sweetness of every bite I take.

"You like?" I hear Olivia ask. She was already settled beside me.

"I love! Thank you babe." I say, Still digging deep into the meal.

"Anytime bear."

"How come you've never made this for me though?" I ask, glancing at her.

"I've never made this for you because you've never requested for a fast food. This is really quick and easy to make." She said, staring at her perfectly manicured nails.

"Will you give me the tutorials?" I ask sweetly.

"Sure. We can start when you're done with your meal. I think my schedule for today is free all through so I have the time."

"Okay love." I reply.

I quickly finish up and we head to the kitchen for the cooking lessons.

"First, you measure the amount of flour you need in a bowl," Olivia says and I find myself bored before we even begin.

I dip my hands into the bowl of flour and before Olivia could tell what was going on, I had already rubbed it on her face.

I let out a hysterical laughter at the sight of her. She dead ass didn't see that coming at all.

"Is this what you want bear? Because two can play this game." She smirks slyly and before I could say jack, she covered my face with flour too.

Now, it was her turn to laugh at me.
We continued this way until we got the whole kitchen turned upside down.

"I'm dead ass not cleaning up this mess." I say as I point at the mess we made and then walked out of the kitchen.

"Jokes on you bear because this ain't even where I live so it won't affect me in any way," Olivia says matter-of-factly, following behind me too.

We both stare at each other once we get to the living room till I finally decide to speak.

"So you won't clean that shit up?"

"We made the mess so we are going to clean it up. It's either that or nothing else."

"Okay fine," I say as I walk back into the kitchen with Olivia following behind me.

"Now where do I start from?"

             1 hour later.

"It's just so funny how you rant about me cleaning up the kitchen and then you clean up everything yourself." I say, leaning on the counter as I watch Olivia washing her hands in the sink.

She just gives me a playful glare in return.

I don't know why but I seem to have a lot of girls at my beck and call. An hour ago, Olivia was bluffing about how she wasn't going to help me clean up and she didn't even let me do anything at the end of the day. By anything, I mean I didn't even lay my hands on a broomstick. She legit sent me out of the kitchen and cleaned up the whole mess herself.

I don't know if it's just her being nice or I already have her mumu button.

"You're lucky I'm just in a good mood today, if not. . . !" Olivia says as she brushes past me to the living room.

I follow behind her.

"No be only you're just in a good mood. You just love me too much to let me stress myself." I say playfully, oblivious to the fact that Olivia took the stuff to heart.

"Yeah, that too." She says matter-of-factly. "But the real love of your life is back now so there's no chance for me I guess," she shrugs with a faux smile. The babe tried to make that smile look as genuine as possible but I knew Olivia, I could literally see through her.

"So you've finally agreed to the fact that you're in love with me yeah?" I ask teasingly, ignoring her last statement.

"I don't know if I should call it love tho," Olivia says, making an attempt to pack her hair with the scrunchies on her wrist. "But feelings? Definitely." She finished.

"Aww," I coo.

"Where do I stand in your life now that she's back tho? I mean, where is my place?" Olivia asks, holding her gaze with me all through. She was done packing her hair at this point.

Exhaling, I begin to speak. I hate being in situations like this but I guess it's time to clear the air and stop leading her on. I remember when Jasmine was asking me why I kept leading her on when I didn't like her back. I don't want to make the same mistake with Olivia. Even though my feelings for Jasmine wasn't a mistake and would never be classified as one.

"We've had a similar conversation to this when I wasn't on talking terms with Jasmine but just for the sake of clarity, I'm going to do this again." I pause to look at Olivia who has my full attention at this point.

I decide to go on.

"I'm going to be lying to your face if I say I don't like you too because for real, anyone will. I mean, you're very caring. You're someone who can leave whatever she's doing to come through for me and I appreciate that a lot. Believe it or not, we do not have much people of your type in existence anymore. You're pretty, you're decent, damn bitch you even know how to cook!" I hype as I stare at an Olivia who is a blushing mess at this point but I decide to keep speaking because I wasn't done.

"Nigga any guy will wife you with immediate effect but that nigga isn't just me bae." I deadpan, making her frown. She went back to maintaining a straight face immediately she realized that her face was scrunched up in a frown and it wasn't supposed to be so.

"I really appreciate all that you do for me but I do not know what Jasmine has done to me. I love that girl with everything in me. I don't even care if she ain't decent; which I know she is-

-It's just that sometimes she dresses up to expose her body and if I am to be honest here, I find that fucking sexy and attractive. She knows how to dress with those type of clothes too because most of the time, her stomach or thighs are the only thing she exposes. Mostly her stomach. I've never seen her exposing her cleavage, and I'm sure the reason she exposes her stomach a lot is because it is flat, so she wants to show it off." I say as I smile at my own statement. Talking about her alone makes me so happy.

Omo this one don love up finish oo, my subconscious mocks at me but I decide to go further anyways.

"I don't care if she knows how to cook or not. Heck, I don't give a fuck about her flaws babe. That girl has my heart already and I think it's safe to say that I am helplessly in love at this point." Olivia doesn't say anything in return which gives me a reason to keep talking.

"I've tried pushing her away so many times, trust me when I say so many fucking times but then I realize; the more I try to push her away, the more the love I have for her grows deeper. It's like that girl is my soulmate.

-This period we stopped talking felt like hell to me. I mean no offence, I had you but it still felt like something was missing and it made me feel empty. Jasmine was missing and onGod, it was hard living everyday without having her call me for no reason or blowing up my phone because I'm not responding to her texts on time."

"I felt her absence and in as much ad I hate to admit it, I  missed her disturbance. I can't believe I'm ranting about all this shit to a girl but omo, Jasmine has my mumu-button already, I just don't show it.

-It's just so painful that Jason has to be her ex-boyfriend. Now I see what he saw in her tho. Now I know why he was always talking about her when he was with me. Now I know why that nigga cried for her. I don't even think any girl can love me the way Jasmine loves me and I'm most definitely not going to take that for granted.-

-I can keep talking about her for the whole day but you seem bored of the whole conversation so I'm just going to stop here," I say chuckling.

Olivia smiles before responding. A genuine smile this time. "I'm not bored, I don't just think any normal girl will like it when a guy she likes is singing praises of another girl." She stated matter-of-factly and I saw sense in that. She wasn't done and I didn t stop her from going further.

"The bond you share with Jasmine is a very strong one and it will take a girl with mami-water spirit to break that bond for real." She joked, causing us to laugh at the statement.

"Anyways," she continued. "The fact is, you both have a very deep and complicated shit going on; which I pray you guys figure out yourselves soon, but one thing I'm most definitely not going to do is being the one to come between you guys. I like you, fine but my feelings can die. You and Jasmine deserve each other and I pray nothing ever takes her away from you." Olivia squeezes my hand tightly before picking up her bag.

"I need to leave now bear," she says as she gets up to kiss me on the cheek. "Take care of yourself. Oh, and. . . make sure you always eat!" She scolds playfully making me smile at her.

"Take care of yourself babe." We hug tightly before I walk her out to get a cab.

"I'll see you around." She winks and I nod in response.

Walking back into my apartment, I lay flat on my couch to think about all that Olivia just said to me. She was in support of me and Jasmine, she rooted for what we shared but for some reason, the last statement just seemed to hit me hard. Her words were so little but it held so much weight.

"You and Jasmine deserve each other and I pray nothing ever takes her away from you."

What could possible take her away tho?

All in all I just had one wish-

-And that wish was that nothing should ever take Jasmine Wilson away from me.

                       ****

I'm just praying for God to give me the spirit of consistency so I won't leave you guys hanging and we will end this book ASAP. You guys should help pray for your writer too🤲🤧.

So they finally had their first kiss in the last chapter😩🤯. Y'all needed to see the way my friends were hyping me in school for that bomb that I dropped. kosy_cc and KO definitely didn't see that coming😅.

What did Olivia mean by that statement tho?👀🤐
You will find out soon.

Until next time y'all...

Be good📌🖤 and as Olivia said;

MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS EAT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112 30 11
(DISCONTINUED) I walked all the way to the park. I waited every day for at least thirty minutes. I walked back my confidence withering. Every. Singl...
2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
4.1K 402 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...
4.8K 82 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...