Goals Off Court | SatoSere

由 amourology_

When the top basketball player Ash Ketchum and his team damage the school property by mistake, he's the one w... 更多

Aesthetics.
Chapter 1 - Probation
Chapter 3 - First Lesson
Chapter 4 - Far From Done
Chapter 5 - Only Time Could Tell
Chapter 6 - Progress
Chapter 7 - Challenge
Chapter 8 - Denial
Chapter 9 - Proving Himself
Chapter 10 - Distant Thoughts
Chapter 11 - Heated Dance
Chapter 12 - Farther Than Closer
Chapter 13 - All It Takes
Chapter 14 - Paired Lesson
Chapter 15 - Conflicted Feelings
Chapter 16 - Game Of Denial
Chapter 17 - Mesmerizing Sight
Chapter 18 - Only You
Chapter 19 - Forbidden Desires
Chapter 20 - Temptation
Chapter 21 - Honesty
Chapter 22 - Final Lesson
Chapter 23 - One Text Away
Chapter 24 - Apologetic Mind
Chapter 25 - Lost Chance
Chapter 26 - Starting From Zero
Chapter 27 - Closer Than Strangers
Chapter 28 - Kept Promise
Chapter 29 - Into Uncertainty
Chapter 30 - Deeper Meaning
Chapter 31 - Back On The Floor
Chapter 32 - Inevitable Feeling
Chapter 33 - Light Up My World
Chapter 34 - Not So Friendly Fire
Chapter 35 - Connection At Home
Chapter 36 - Out Of Our Control
Chapter 37 - Struggling Feelings
Chapter 38 - Ballroom Tension
Chapter 39 - Drunken Intimacy
Chapter 40 - Departing Together
Chapter 41 - Advice Night
Chapter 42 - Kissable Tango
Chapter 43 - Complex Love
Chapter 44 - Extra Lessons
Chapter 45 - Unexpected Growth
Chapter 46 - Distraction Injury
Chapter 47 - Tasteful Gift
Chapter 48 - Dinner With Friends
Chapter 49 - The Invitational Practice
Chapter 50 - The Decision
Chapter 51 - Dancing In The Sheets (18+)
Chapter 52 - Healing & Improvement
Chapter 53 - Music On The Piano (18+)
Chapter 54 - Dreams To Reach
Chapter 55 - Conflicting Goals
Chapter 56 - Secrets Unfold
Chapter 57 - Two Opportunities
Chapter 58 - Deeper Feelings
Chapter 59 - Win & Arrive
Chapter 60 - Goals Off Court
Acknowledgement

Chapter 2 - Coincidental Meeting

322 23 2
由 amourology_

"Shut up, shut up, shut up," Dawn spoke in shock, stopping her movements of the dance they were practicing. "You're gonna be a dance teacher for one of the guys on the basketball team and for a month?"

"Yeah, I guess so, but it's no big deal." Serena then effortlessly, yet gracefully, spun around on one leg, balancing, as she lifted the other out. Seconds later, she slowed down and faced her friend. "It's what I've been asked to do anyways."

"So who's the lucky guy?"

"Well, I wouldn't say lucky," she replied, tilting her head. "But from what I've heard, his name is Ash Ketchum."

"Heard? He's like the best player on the boy's team and incredibly good looking," Dawn exclaimed. "How on earth are you so calm? I would've fainted."

"And I'd simply leave you on the floor," Serena said with a lighthearted laugh coming after. "I'm pretty sure I don't fawn over multiple guys like you do twenty-four seven."

Dawn gasped, dramatically. "So cruel. You did not have to call me out like that."

Suddenly the front door to the studio was heard opening behind them, bringing in some of the cool air from outside. The two turned around with a smile as they saw another friend of theirs walking in with a red, mixed with white, dance bag on her shoulder.

Once the door closed, she quickly jogged over to them, giving them a heartfelt greeting. "Hey girls! Good to see you. I had a feeling I'd see you here."

"Of course." Serena turned her head to the huge mirror beside them to smoothen out her hair and looked back behind May, seemingly trying to look for someone. "Say, where's that boyfriend of yours? Usually he's with you."

"Ah, Drew," she pointed out. "He had to run an errand as soon as possible. He'll be back, so we can execute the dances we've been practicing."

"Ugh, you two are literally so perfect as dance partners," Dawn cried out. "I'm jealous."

"I'm positive that both of you will eventually find your special someone," she proclaimed, placing a hand on her hip.

"If anything, Serena already has!"

May raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"No." Serena glared at Dawn who winced after she was elbowed. "She's just getting the wrong idea and fails to see difference between lessons with someone and having a thing for someone."

Dawn pouted and puffed out her cheeks, folding her arms over her chest. "Both can happen."

"I don't have any intentions on getting with anyone or having a dance partner right now. I have myself which is more than enough," Serena explained, thoroughly. "These are only lessons for a month. It'll be over and we'll part ways."

"Sounds like a love story with a sad ending to me."

"God, you're hopeless."

"Hopeless romantic, might I add," Dawn said without second thought.

"Girls, girls. Lets settle down." May moved her hands up and down, trying to cool down the tension in the air. "What are these lessons you two are going on about anyways?"

"I was asked to attend these dance lessons for one of the guys on the basketball team and for a month," Serena clarified as she grabbed her dance bag that was against the wall. She took off her slip ons and tied them on her bag straps. "It starts Monday and it'll be three days out of the week. He has tutoring the other two days."

"Interesting," she hummed, understanding the situation. "Seems like things should go smoothly."

"That's if they can keep their hands off each other," Dawn spoke mischievously as she mocked dance moves used with partners, moving her hips in a way.

"Dawn, I don't know the guy," hissed Serena, taking off her dance attire. "It's only lessons. Nothing more. Nothing less."

"And that'll change the second you see each other. Watch what I tell you," she declared, proudly. "You need a little action every once and awhile."

Taking a breather, Serena accepted the fact that Dawn wasn't going to believe a thing she would say. They were best friends and nine times out of ten, Dawn was always right about the absurd things she said, but Serena was sure the things she was saying now wasn't close.

Serena brought out her change of clothes which was a short, white, laced dress with long sleeves before continuing to put them on. Lastly, she slipped on her light brown, laced heels. She grabbed her pink and white bag for her dance clothes and prepared herself to leave as she slung the strap over her shoulder.

"Time for me to head out, ladies. I'll see you tomorrow." Dawn and May nodded towards her and Serena blew them a quick kiss which they caught as she made her leave out the door.

Truth be told, she didn't know what to think of these dance lessons, but she assumed that Ash guy would put up with it in order to keep his scholarship. She was more nervous about actually teaching him due to never teaching someone with zero dance experience. She had made up her own choreography before, but she had never actually taught a complete beginner. She only hoped she wouldn't move too fast for him or too slow even, depending on what kind of learner he was.

Pursing her lips, she ignored her negative thoughts on her performance. It shouldn't matter all that much. Yes, she had to teach him, and she knew the advisors would be checking in, making sure he was actually learning and participating, but it was mainly a low pressure situation for her. Regardless, Serena didn't like doing anything unless she put herself in it all the way, one hundred percent. She wanted to give teaching one hundred and ten percent.

As she walked through the halls, a familiar voice brought her out of her thought process.

"Serena, there you are!" She looked up and saw her blond haired friend looking back at her, fixing the glasses on his face. Bag on his back, books in one hand pressed to his side, and his free hand making its way into his jeans pocket. "Something on your mind?"

"Clemont! Great to see you." She smiles at her friend and shakes her head, letting the waves of her hair flow over her shoulders. "It's nothing big. Just thinking about those dance lessons I have to give- Ash Ketchum, I believe was his name," she explained, carefully.

"That's understandable," he says and goes on. "He's actually a good friend of mine. He's a great guy, really, so you don't have to worry about a thing. Though, dancing isn't his strong suit or top activities, but once he's with you, you'll see he'd be willing to give that challenge a shot. Perhaps you could change how he feels about it."

"Doubtful." Serena laughed the thought off. "But other than that from what I hear about him, that's amazing. Definitely took some anxious feelings off my chest. Thank you."

"Of course." Blue eyes meeting blue, Clemont smiled, arm tightening around his books. He tilted his wrist to check the time on his watch and his eyes widened at what it read. "Seems like I need to hurry to the library before it closes."

Serena took a step up to him and moved her hands towards the collar of his shirt, fixing it before patting him on his shoulder to go. Clemont looked at her curiously, but chuckled.

"Little fix." She waited a beat. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"As always," he confirmed. "I hope your lessons go accordingly."

"The feeling is mutual for your tutoring. Tell Bonnie I said hi, will you?"

"Will do!" The sun through the windows bounces off Clemont's glasses as he walks away with a wave. "I'm sure she'll love that."

Serena watched her friend walk off and then went to her own way. Her and Clemont go a bit back. The two met in a science class during middle school. It was for a project competition and the teacher allowed the class to choose their partners instead of randomizing it. Serena saw Clemont alone, not budging from his seat when everyone else was coming together.

Walking up to him wasn't a hard task. She had asked him if he'd like to work together and with an embarrassed blush making its way on his light cheeks, he accepted. Even afterwards, a few more people crowded them, attempting to get Serena to work with them. Clemont waved it off that he would be fine and told her to go if she wanted. She rejected their offers and he confessed that he didn't think a pretty girl such as herself would come up to him, let alone, be sweet too.

He had his own insecurities and was one to be shy until they got closer. She learned about his love for science and creating new things, wanting to be an inventor who helps people and animals in the world and makes them happy. Together, they worked hard and their efforts placed them first in the competition.

She began sitting by him in class and a friendship was born as she supported him and he did the same with what she was struggling on in the class. Up until now, development was shown while their friendship stayed the same, and they wouldn't have it any other way.

Serena walked out the building, letting the breeze hit her as she headed to her dorm room. The day was coming sooner than she anticipated. It was for a month and when cancelling it out with Clemont's days, it's about a few more days in total, which also is barely two weeks when you look at it from a different standpoint. She intended on working on basic steps the entire time, so it couldn't go terribly.

As she made her way through the campus, a basketball rolled over to her. She looked down at her feet, bending down to pick up the ball with curiosity taking over. She noticed writing on the ball, assumingely a name which she didn't get to read once a voice startled her.

"Damn, I'm sorry," the person— a boy, had apologized and Serena took a nice look at who it was as he put his hand out. Messy, black hair covered in sweat, copper brown eyes with a spec of gold, and marks on his cheeks that were like the letter Z. "Let me help you up. Thank you for getting my ball for me."

Serena placed her hand in his, one that was larger than hers, and had a certain warmth to it that gave her comfort. She smiled as she was lifted up. "Thank you." She handed the basketball out. "I believe this belongs to you."

A goofy grin came across his lips, dimples appearing. He gently grabbed the ball from her grasp and turned it over where his name was written out on it in sharpie.

Ash Ketchum.

"You're right about that."

"So you're that star Ash Ketchum I've been hearing about," Serena chimed in, finding his confused face completely assuming. "The one I'm supposed to be having dance lessons with?"

Ash stared for a second and his eyes widened. "Wait, you're Serena Yvonne? Crazy timing that we run into each other, isn't it?"

"Yes to both questions." Serena adjusted her bag strap on her shoulder. "It's nice to finally meet you, though. Especially after what I've heard."

"What? Heard?" He mentally cursed himself and ran his hand through his hair, nervously. "I'm a good guy, I promise. I'm up to-"

"Oh, stop worrying," Serena had said. "It was nothing bad. I look forward to our lessons."

Ash let the ball rest under his arm. "I'm terrible at dancing, but I don't plan on giving up on learning something new."

"So I've heard," she joked with a smile. "It'll be simple stuff to start it off. Wouldn't want to scare you off that fast."

"Well, teach, you won't scare me off that easily."

Serena laughed, pearly whites showing and all, and Ash's grin switched to a soft smile at the sight. Her ocean blue eyes looked at him and he could see how the moon aligned in its waters. Truly, a mesmerizing sight.

They heard another voice, one who was familiar with it unlike the other. "Yo, Ashy-boy! Did you find your ball?"

"Yeah, man! I'll meet you back at the room," Ash yelled back in that direction. He turned his head back to Serena. "Almost forgot he was there."

She rolled her eyes, playfully. "You shouldn't keep your friend waiting. I'll see you on our first day."

Ash nodded and started going the other way, bouncing his basketball in the process. Between his legs, behind his back, Serena watched as he sprinted down the sidewalk as if he was on the court itself. Never did she expect to see him of all people then, but only then was she able to brush of the rest of her anxious feelings, and with the help of the guy she had to give lessons to.

I don't have any intentions on getting with anyone or having a dance partner right now.

A dance partner.

Serena shook it off, refusing to let those kind of thoughts come into mind. Those were the least of he concerns and it would stay that way. Instead, she let her feet carry through the breeze of the wind on her way back to her dorm room.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

65.7K 1.3K 28
Serena Yvonne is a strong and hardcore 16-year-old girl. She's the crush of every boys' heart, but all of their attempts are failed. Many people thin...
81.6K 1.5K 41
Serena Yvonne bullied Ash Ketchum. But then things changed. A lot. What will happen when they realize they used to know each other? I will allow othe...
81.3K 2K 21
Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depressing world changes when he receives an...
148K 4.8K 52
This story will be written by XxRyanYvonnexX and I. We will switch every chapter, so I hope you enjoy ^_^ People would bully him and mock him for not...