Snakebite - Ace Merrill

By CLQuinn

Castle Rock, the quiet little town in Oregon, shaken to it's core by a brutal murder. The only issue is their... More

CAST
Lady killers
Cop
Irbys
Try me
The leader
Not one
Tom
Three bangs
Diego
Kneel
Relax Merrill
Charlie
Alone
For now
I would
Now I do
Make way
Puppies
It was an accident
I'm with you
Watch them!
Her back up
Hell
Just friends
So close
I panicked
Distract me
Welcome to the family
Yesterday
The normal way
Stay
Evan
Martin
Cluedo
Love's love
One month later...
Credits...
SEQUEL

I got you

84 3 0
By CLQuinn

*****
Chapter 36 - I got you
*****

"I'm telling you!" Martin exclaimed as he looked around at the group in Ashton's kitchen. "No-one gave Jasper any letters!"

Diego ran his hand through his hair as Oakley sighed.

"I don't know what else you want with me!" Martin continued to become frantic. "Never was he given a letter from anyone he didn't know!"

This time it was Ashton who looked up. "But you did come to the station every Sunday to pick up his work schedule for the next week!"

Martin shrugged as Diego and Oakley instantly stared at him.

"You mean you picked up his schedule to bring it to him?" Diego had to ask for confirmation.

Martin nodded slowly as he looked between the two detectives.

"My brother always had it printed in an envelope and gave it to me to be delivered to him."

Oakley and Diego exchanged a look. They weren't the week's rota, they were the letters convincing Jasper to kill the gang members. The letters Martin had been unknowingly delivering.

Everything now made sense.

It had been Captain Bryce all along.

"Where's your brother now?" Diego fired out his question eagerly.

Martin shrugged. "He said he had to go to the hospital, relive one of his officers from watching over one of those snake guys."

Oakley immediately turned to Ace as his face dropped.

Charlie.

Martin didn't get a chance to react as everyone rushed out immediately.

Ashton didn't even care about leaving Martin in his house.

Everyone's focus was on Charlie.

The cobra laying helpless and unable to defend himself.

Ace's foot was slammed so hard on the pedal, it was practically on the floor as he drove along.

One hand gripping the steering the wheel so tight, his knuckles began turning white. His other hand gripping Oakley's so tight, she was surprised her hand didn't break.

Yet her grip she had on him was just as tight. Her other hand automatically holding up her gun as she saw the hospital edging closer.

Ashton and Diego's gun's clicked in the backseat as Evan sat, slightly uneasy in the middle.

Ace had barely managed to park the car, more along the lines of skidding it to a stop outside the hospital as he slammed on the brakes.

His grip released on Oakley as everyone flung themselves from the seat, they imagined ejector seats under them.

Everything felt like it was in slow motion as they ran inside.

Oakley, Diego and Ashton pushed themselves ahead, the only ones carrying as Evan focused on keeping Ace under control.

The closer they got to Charlie's room, the more they all felt the fear and worry rise.

BANG!

Ace's body crashed to a halt before they could turn the corner to the corridor of Charlie's room.

Evan's free strong arm instantly went to hold him up before he collapsed as the shock hit him.

Ashton, Diego and Oakley, however, continued, turning the corner and disappearing.

Yet as they saw the scene in front of them, they too froze.

The Captain's body was slumped down on the floor against the wall as Tom stood over him, in front of Charlie's door. Carter's body lay unconscious by his side.

"Oh shit." Tom mumbled as the detectives and officer came rushing over to him, skidding to a stop as they looked down at the Captain.

Doctors immediately came rushing over as Diego quickly reached out and snatched the gun from Tom.

"You shot him?!" One of the doctors fired out as he glared up at Diego.

"Just save him." Diego spat back out.

"Then cuff his ass." Oakley added as Ashton tossed the doctor a pair of cuffs from his back pocket.

The doctor was confused but helped the others place the bleeding police Captain onto a gurney, before attempting to wheel him away.

"He's um-" Tom started as he pointed down at Carter.

Ashton was down by his side in a split second as he gently smacked his face a handful of times, trying to wake him up.

"You took the blame?" Tom asked quietly as he turned to Diego.

Diego shrugged slightly as Oakley pushed past the View leader to walk into Charlie's room.

"Hungry-" Charlie mumbled as he saw her walk in.

Relief flushed over her as she rolled her eyes slightly.

"We'll get you food Charlie." She muttered as she walked out and shut the door.

"I was in with Charlie when I heard Carter start kicking off." Tom began to explain as the officer in question slowly began to awake.

"I came outside and he'd just knocked him out cold, we fought a bit and I managed to get his gun before-" Tom paused.

Oakley placed a hand on his arm. "We know."

"I didn't mean to pull the trigger though!" Tom tried to explain as he looked between the two of them. "It was an accident I swear!"

Diego shook his head as he turned, hearing more noise. Evan was finally managing to help Ace round the corner.

"An accident I'm sure someone will appreciate either way." Diego mumbled as Ace reached them, his panicked look darting around.

Oakley side stepped as she opened the door, letting Ace see Charlie was just fine. Immediately the head cobra fell into the room, going straight to Charlie's side.

"What happened?" Evan asked as he looked around, seeing Ashton help a weary and pained Carter to his feet.

Diego and Tom locked eyes before Diego shrugged slightly.

"We got here in time and I shot the Captain." He replied firmly.

Evan nodded as he let out a breath of relief. "Well thank God you did aye."

Diego nodded as he leant into his partner. Tom stared at him confused, yet he felt a comforting hand on his arm from Oakley again.

She gave him a small knowing smile and nod as he looked down at Ashton.

"Good thing Diego was here in time aye." Ashton spoke with a small smile.

Tom returned it as he nodded, looking at Carter. "You're alright?"

Carter managed a nod as his hand went to his head. "He got me real hard."

"I bet." Evan mumbled.

"Here let me take a look." Diego offered as he went to take a step closer but was quickly and immediately yanked back by Evan.

"Good looking officer like that? Hell no." He fired out protectively.

Oakley rolled her eyes as she went to take a step closer to Carter.

"Don't even think about it Oakley!" Ace's shout came from inside the room.

Oakley groaned as Ashton laughed, looping one of Carter's arms around his neck.

"I got you buddy." He gave him a small comforting smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 201 39
Ophelia had the perfect life. A big house in the View, loving parents and soon to be wed to Castle Rock's best detective Xavier. Until a series of b...
41.6K 894 53
Following success of my Eyeball Chambers fanfic 'We're taking the long road' and the work in progress of my Cobra imagines/preferences I have decided...
2.6K 83 32
Reginald 'Pops' Merrill was officially classed as missing under suspicious circumstances. Every officer in Portland knew he was involved in gang warf...
22.7K 459 42
The cobras ruled Castle Rock, with their fists and switchblades no-one dared cross them. Until the day came when a new gang moved in. Led by Wayne...