Stray Gods (SLOW UPDATES BUT...

By DollyStuart

Pairing: Gods!OT8 x !F!Reader Genre: romance, mystery, supernatural, angst, fluff, smut Summary: With no mem... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 4

8.9K 280 229
By DollyStuart

Although he had been wary and a bit sceptical at first, Minho had become close to you, like all of the others. He was your friend. Your Oppa. Nothing more.

But how come you've only now noticed how hot he actually was? It couldn't've been just him taking off his shirt. You'd seen him shirtless many times.

What was wrong with you?

You wanted to slap yourself in the face as you stared at the ceiling or your bedroom.

You were lying on your bed

Grabbing a pillow you pressed it against your chest tightly.

The memory of your face inching closer to his replayed in your mind.

You had closed your eyes... Expecting him to...

You pressed the pillow against your mouth and screamed.

Had you gone insane?

What the hell was wrong with you?

'Y/n?' There was a knock on the door and Chan's voice sounded concerned.

You let out a loud groan.

The door opened.

'What?' you asked annoyed. The sound of your voice was muffled by the pillow.

'Everything... alright?' Chan asked kindly. You still didn't look at him and kept the pillow on your face.

'Perfect,' you growled into the pillow. Chan was silent for a while.

'Alright then,' he said, giving in when he realized you weren't going to. 'Anyway, I brought you a clean shirt. I'll put it on your desk okay?' He said.

You didn't react but you heard him moving around in your room.

He stopped again for a moment.

'Well... If there's anything you need...' Chan said, not finishing his sentence. He paused once more but you stayed still. It was only when he closed the door again behind him and you heard his footsteps trail away that you sat up on your bed.

Chan didn't deserve to be treated by you like that. But you just felt so frustrated. You were angry with yourself for acting the way you had and feeling the things you did. And you felt embarrassed. More embarrassed than you had ever felt before in your life.

You walked over to your desk and looked at the hoodie he had placed there. It was your favourite one, the one you stole from him all the time. At that moment you wished you could at least thank him. But you couldn't. Not right now.

You took off the stinky shirt and threw it on the pile of clothes on the chair that was still there. You wouldn't be doing any laundry today.

You pulled the hoodie over your head and the sleeves pooled around your arms and down your hands. Of course, it was far, far too big.

It was indeed clean and you could smell the fabric softener. Maybe it would've been of more comfort to you if it had smelled like Chan instead.

You went to sit behind your desk and opened the book that you had to read for your studies.

At this point, you'd do anything, ANYTHING to forget what had just happened. You had no idea how to face Minho ever again.

It had been hours and you still hadn't managed to reach the bottom of the page. The words just seemed like gibberish to you. Frustrated, you closed the book.

You needed a distraction.

You pulled out your laptop instead and crawled back onto your bed. Maybe some good movies or shows would take your mind off of things. You piled the pillows up against the back of the bed and put the laptop on your legs.

Around dinner time you had finally calmed down a bit. Watching mindless stupid tv shows had indeed helped. You had decided that you had indeed just been sick. Maybe you had come down with something weird. And who knew, maybe Minho hadn't noticed. After all, his actions had not necessarily indicated that he had known how you felt. Sure you had stared at each other, but he had just been checking your temperature. It may have felt like you had been looking at each other for hours but that probably hadn't been true either. And he had kissed you on the head. Minho wasn't usually a kisser but it wasn't that odd. Loads of the other guys did it. Han kissed your head all the time. It wasn't a big deal...

But you still felt nervous when you were going down for dinner.

Several of the guys had already come home. Han was sitting in the living room, playing video games. Hyunjin was sitting in the corner of the living room, making a phone call with a client. Seungmin was sitting with his laptop at the kitchen table, probably still working on something, and Jeongin and Changbin were sitting on the couch talking. As you passed the kitchen you could see Minho cooking, his back turned to you. You quickly walked on and into the living room.

'Hey, there's my girl,' Changbin said as soon as you came walking into the room. He greeted you with a big smile. You felt almost relieved to see their faces.

'How was Busan?' you asked, going to sit with them.

'You know, same old, same old,' Changbin said with a shrug. 'Oh, and I got you something,' he added quickly, standing up and pulling something from his pocket. It was a hair scrunchy made of white fabric with tiny cute flowers on it. 'Thought it would be useful while studying,' Changbin grinned as he handed it to you.

'Is this to make up for this morning?' You said, faking a pout. Changbin acted like you had stabbed him with a sword, grabbing his chest and falling backwards on the couch.

'Ouch, not even a thank you,' he said hoarsely, still grasping at his chest.

'Thank you, Binnie,' you said quickly as you went to sit on the couch next to him. You put the scrunchy around your wrist. Pulling up your knees, you leaned against his broad frame, your head on his shoulder. Changbin instantly wrapped his arm around your frame and you cuddled into him nicely. It felt warm and safe. As it always did when you cuddled up with the guys.

'How was your day, then?' Jeongin asked, putting his feet on the low side table.

'Ugh, I don't wanna talk about it,' you said quickly, turning your face away.

'Studying got you down again?' Jeongin asked, his voice full of sympathy.

'You could call it that,' you said vaguely. 'Do you have to work again tonight?' you quickly asked, trying to move away from the topic. Jeongin nodded.

'Tomorrow night too. But it's fine,' Jeongin shrugged.

'Dinner is ready,' Minho called out suddenly. His voice almost startled you.

'Yeah, just lemme...finish this level!' Han shouted back as he mashed the buttons frantically.

Hyunjin stepped out of his corner and in front of the tv. His phone call was over.

'Yah! You're in the way! You're in the! ARGH!' Han shouted angrily as he lost. Annoyed, he threw the controller down. 'You did that on purpose!' Han scolded.

Hyunjin just shrugged but you could see a small smile on his face.

'You will pay for that later.' Han threatened as he pointed his finger at Hyunjin. You quickly got up and ran over to Han.

'Can I sit next to you?' You asked him. Han instantly turned to you.

'Of course, babe, always,' He said with a smile. He put his arm around you and together you walked into the kitchen.

You tried your best not to talk to and avoid Minho's as much as possible during dinner. Although no one seemed to notice, you were happy when dinner was over.

After all, cleaning up together, you decided to stay with Seungmin and Han in the living room. Hyunjin was going to his room to paint and Jeongin had to go to work. Minho needed to prepare for his lectures tomorrow and Felix and Chan were still at work. Changbin had gone back to his room to work out some more.

After hours of intense battling, Seungmin eventually lost to Han.

'Ugh, I'm tired, I'm going to my room,' Seungmin complained. He got up and stretched. 'Are you coming to?' he asked you.

You shook your head. 'I think I'll stay a little longer,' you said. You weren't feeling tired yet at all.

Seungmin nodded understanding and petted your head before bidding you both goodnight and leaving the room.

'Would you like to try?' Han asked, offering you the controller. You shook your head.

'I'm good. I prefer watching anyway,' you said. Han gave you a curt nod indicating that he understood.

'Come sit next to me at least,' he suggested. You did as he asked and went to sit next to him. He smiled happily before turning back to the tv and starting to play again.

After a while, the video game started to bore you. It had already gone dark outside and the only light left was coming from the tv. It shone into Han's face, lighting up his features. You looked at him instead.

His angled jawline looked extra sharp with the harsh front lighting and even with the changing colours of the light from the tv, you could still distinguish the pretty green of his eyes that were locked on the screen. His tongue was slightly sticking out from between his lips.

What would he taste like?

Han hissed and bared his teeth when the sound of his character dying came from the tv once more. A lock of his long brown hair fell in front of his face and he blew it away.

Then he caught you looking.

For a short moment, his expression was surprised as his eyes met yours. Then his expression softened.

'Changed your mind?' He asked, offering the controller to you. You felt your face flush. 'It's okay, I can teach you,' Han said, misreading the situation.

You quickly averted your eyes, your stomach once again making that weird fluttery feeling you had felt with Minho this morning as well.

'Here, it's not that hard. Come sit on my lap,' Han said, patting the spot between his legs. You looked up at him almost startled. Your heart almost pounded out of your chest at the idea of sitting on his lap. But why? You'd done it so many times before. What was different this time?

You hesitated but Han grabbed your arm and pulled you onto his lap. His front pressed into your back and he wrapped his arms around you, holding the controller in front of you.

Your mind was going blank again. You could feel him everywhere. All the places he touched you felt like a burning on your skin. Han put his head over your shoulder, his face next to yours.

'Here, hold the controller,' Han said softly. His voice was soft and low. Mindlessly you did as he said. He wrapped his hands around yours and you almost forgot how to breathe.

'Now first, we choose a character,' Han explained. He guided you through the menu but you could barely hear what he was saying. You could only seem to be able to feel him. Everywhere. Your heart was pounding so fast it felt like you were running.

'Are you ready?' Han asked, his voice a whisper. The words tickled your ear and you turned your head. Your faces were so close to each other. His green eyes gleamed in the light of the tv. He was so handsome. You had always known. So beautiful.

Your eyes darted from his lips back to his eyes.

'Don't worry, baby,' he said softly. His words made your lips part. 'I'm here, I'll help you. I'll guide you through it.'

You wanted him to. You wanted him to guide you to his mouth. You wanted him to tell you how you should kiss him. How he would like it. How he would like you.

There was a feeling of pressure on your fingers. Distracted, you turned your head back to the front. Han was pressing the button with your finger beneath it. The match started on the tv.

Your mouth was dry and your head felt full of cotton balls as Han made you press the right buttons on the controller. You had no idea what you were doing, but it didn't matter. You could barely even see the tv, even though your eyes were focused on it unblinkingly. All you could feel was Han completely surrounding you, his hot breath on your neck as he whispered in a low sexy voice the moves he was making in the game.

You wished it wouldn't end.

But it did.

'Well done,' he congratulated you softly. You could feel him pressing his lips against your cheek. It was an intentional kiss. A soft one. Not the usual one he'd give you when greeting or saying goodbye. This one was different. You could feel it.

'You should probably go to bed now, darling. It's already quite late,' he said. Carefully, he took the controller from your hands.

'Hm?' you made a sound, still keeping still in his arms.

'Come on, let's get you to bed,' he repeated, as he gave you a little push. The movement made you get up automatically. Han got up too and took your hand into his, fingers intertwining. But compared to the way he had just held you, this felt like not enough.

Silently, you walked up to your room together. You glanced at Han. His expression was soft but with a small smug smile on his face.

By your room, he stopped.

'Goodnight, love,' he said with a little nod as he let go of your hand. Before you could answer, he turned around and walked away.

You stood there for a while, frozen.

Heart still racing in your chest.

Cheeks still flushed red and hot.

Then, after about ten minutes of staring at the spot where he had been standing, you finally moved.

But instead of your feet turning you around and going into your room, you walked away from it, and before you knew it you were standing in front of Han's room.

What you were doing there you had no idea. You weren't sure if you were there to apologise, or even how you would apologise. Let alone, what would you be apologising for? You hadn't done anything wrong, right?

But still, you needed to see him. Say something. Anything to fix this and not create another awkward situation like the one you were in with Minho.

Nervously but silently you opened his door without knocking.

The door had only opened a bit, but you could see Han standing in his room. He was facing one of his many plants, humming happily to himself. As he looked at the plant, it suddenly developed a bulb, which then opened and flowered.

You shut the door.

Your feet carried you silently back to the living room where you stopped.

What the hell had you just seen?

It must've been a trick of the light.

Surely it had been.

Maybe you hadn't been looking right?

Maybe it had been a digital display and you just hadn't seen the frame?

Maybe it had been a very special flower that bloomed quickly?

Or maybe an artificial one.

In the dark you sank down behind the sofa, hiding from view, thinking about what you had seen.

The memory played over and over again.

Light footsteps came down the stairs and someone walked into the kitchen. The person didn't turn on the lights but you could hear them open the cabinets.

There was a sudden sound of wooshing.

'Shit, you scared me half to death,' Minho's voice hissed.

'Fuck sorry, I didn't expect anyone to be here,' Chan's voice sounded in a hushed whisper.

'AND you were the one who told us not to teleport inside the house!' Minho followed up, annoyed.

'Shhh! Keep your voice down, man,' Chan tried to hush him. 'I know. I'm sorry, I won't do it again. I was tired and came from far, but I know it's not an excuse,' he added quickly.

'Whatever,' Minho said. You could hear footsteps again.

'Wait,' Chan suddenly said.

'What now?' Minho grunted.

'It's just... I was wondering what happened with you and Y/n this morning,' Chan asked. His voice was steady but it was clear he was curious.

'Nothing,' Minho said flatly.

'Didn't seem like nothing. She seemed pretty upset,' Chan interjected. Minho sighed.

'We just got stuck together in there, okay?' Minho said agitatedly.

'For how long?' Chan's tone was suddenly sharp. There was no reply.

'Lino...' Chan said threateningly.

'What? I didn't do anything, you know our powers don't take on her,' Minho hissed defensively.

'I know they don't take on her, but they do take on her surroundings. Tell me. What did you do,' Chan said. His voice was dark and deep and it almost scared you.

'Fine, yeah I did stop time for a little. But she didn't even notice, man. It was just to... spend some quality time together,' Minho said.

'LINO!' Chan hissed. 'I swear to god if she finds out!'

'Calm your tits man, she won't. She hasn't so far and the others use their powers around her as well,' Minho argued. Chan swore. 'So what? We're careful. We always are! But you can't expect us not to. It's who we are. We're always alert and so far she's never noticed a thing,' Minho said.

'She will notice. She's smart, Lino. We're playing with fire here. If she finds out...' Chan said, his voice trailing away.

'No, Chan, if she finds out about you, you mean,' Minho said, now sounding pissed off too.

'Excuse me?' Chan said angrily.

'Yes, excuse you,' Minho said, 'You just said it yourself, she's smart! I've been saying we should've told her from the beginning,'

'No,' Chan said resolutely.

'You're only afraid because you don't want her to know about you. We all have to hide who we are because you're afraid,' Minho hissed.

'It's what's best for her. What's safest. How do you think she'll feel knowing who we are? What we are? She'll be scared! She's not like us!' Chan argued, his voice was starting to sound desperate now.

'She won't be scared Chan, you're too protective of her. She can handle it. And how do you know she's not like us? Our powers don't take on her! Remember how we found her? She's special. She must be something,' Minho argued.

'But what if she's not? What if she's just a human impervious to our powers?' Chan said.

'Then she's still something and she's still special. And even if she's just human, that doesn't matter, does it? She's with us. She's our girl,' Minho said.

'She'll be afraid. She won't look at us the same way,' Chan said resolutely, suddenly.

'You're afraid,' Minho said angrily.

'Fine, I am!' Chan hissed desperately. 'I couldn't stand to lose her! Could you?'

'No... Life... I couldn't live without her,' Minho whispered suddenly, lowly.

'Exactly! And I know the others feel the same way!' Chan said. 'I want to protect her. We need to protect her. I'm not risking everything. I'm not losing her. We're keeping it a secret and that's the end of it.' he said, his voice horse from all the whispering.

'Fine,' Minho said, annoyed but defeated. 'But she will figure it out one way or another, Chan. Even if we don't use our powers. Don't forget, we don't age.'

'You don't have to remind me,' Chan said with clenched teeth.

A silence fell.

'I'm going to bed,' Chan spoke first, his words sounding forced. Minho didn't react but you heard Chan's footsteps trail away.

You heard the fridge open and close and after a while, Minho left the kitchen too.

You just sat there, rolled up into a ball behind the couch.

Your head hurt.

The first picture is an Iphone wallpaper WITHOUT space for widgets.

The second picture is one that has extra space for widgets.

Please do not crop out the title or my name, thank you :)

All of the works are available in high resolution downloads for FREE via my ko-fi page:
https://ko-fi.com/dollystuart

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.2K 1K 38
COMPLETED -choosing the cheaterใ…ฃstray kids- ____________________ --> "I have a boyfriend. This shouldn't have happened." This was not what Hyun...
100K 3.6K 60
! READ THE DESCRIPTION FIRST PLS ! One white lie she thought would be meaningless turned into a dangerous game. "... at the end of the day, you're st...
256K 12.9K 32
"how are you going to return it if there's no name on it?" "I guess I'll just have to read in order to find out who it belongs to." ~~~ minho finds a...
138K 6.4K 52
โ ๐ข'๐ฆ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ ๐š๐ฒ, ๐ข ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐›๐ฌ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐๐ข๐ฌ๐ ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  โž - ๐ฐ๐ž'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ซ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ ...