The True Queen

ravenclawslove tarafından

Ophelia is the little sister of Mary. They both go to meet Francis and his cousin, Andrew, but Mary was betro... Daha Fazla

Cast
act one
two
three
Let you know
four
wedding night
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
Fillers Ahead
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen

one

5.6K 150 9
ravenclawslove tarafından

Ophelia heard about her sister's engagment all her life, but she doesn't think her sister is happy about it. All she hears about is this Andrew person not Francis. Which she never met them as she was in hiding for safety reason. "Princess, it's time for you to come eat."

Nodding her head, the young girl walked out of her room to see the sisters waiting by the table. Mary stopped her sister as they had to wait for one to taste the food. Ophelia watched as the sister took a sip of the soup just to fall down. The bowl she tasted from was Mary's. "Someone's trying to kill Mary." One said.

"I guess this means we're leaving?" Ophelia asked.

"We're going to France."

Ophelia looked at her sister as she wished to know what is going through her head. Something tells her that Mary is using this man and is in love with another. "I guess I'll find out." She mumbled as she walked out to the horse carriage. "Do they know?"

"Yes and they will be there waiting for us."

"Okay."

One of the nuns walked over to Ophelia. "Ophelia, I want you to take this." The lady showed a beautiful necklace. "It will bring you love."

"Thank you."

"Princess." She heard.

Ophelia nodded as she got on the carriage not knowing that things will change as soon as she arrives in France.
~~~
"You will find you a husband, Ophelia."

"I'm not like you, Mary." She says as she heard the music. "I just want to stop running. I want a life where I can be with Lola and fall in love." Ophelia saw the castle. "We're here."

Mary nodded as she looked to see they have arrived. Ophelia watched as the came to a stop. Her sister was first causing her to be last. Lola smiled as she saw her best friend. "Ophelia." She says as she walked over and bowed.

"Lola." She says hugging her. "I don't know about this. Mary is just going to use him."

"I know." Lola says. "Who is that?"

"Prince Andrew. Catherine's nephew." She says as her eyes landed on Francis as he walked up to her sister.

"That's Francis." Lola says as he looked at them causing him to stare at the beautiful girl.

Catherine saw the way Francis looked at Ophelia. "What did you see?"

"Francis union with Mary." He says. "She will cost him his life unless, he follows his heart."

"Who else did you see?" She asked.

"Ophelia will reign beside Francis. She will keep him alive."

Catherine watched as Ophelia walked with her arm linked to Lola as they followed Francis. They saw how Andrew stared at Mary and knew. He wanted Mary. "I will get Francis to spend more time with Ophelia."

"He will. Once he has left Mary alone with Andrew."

Catherine nodded as she hopes that Francis calls the engagement off so he can be with Ophelia.
~~~
Ophelia sat with her sister as the lady's were given a speech. When asked who speaks Itilian, the girls looked at Aylee causing Ophelia to shake her head. Once they were alone, Ophelia snuck out so she could be alone.

She started walking around till she went upstairs. She never laid a foot in this castle as she was hidden away from the world. Walking upstairs, Ophelia say the toy room and smiled. "Wow." She says till she heard a noise and looked to see Francis.

"Ophelia." He says shocked.

"Hello, Francis." She says. "I'm sorry. I didn't think you were up here and I was just exploring..."

Francis laughed. "You don't have to explain."

"This used to be Mary's room. Correct?"

"Yeah." He says. "Not anymore. No one comes up here."

"You do." She tells him causing him to look at her. "I'm sorry. You're engaged to my sister. I have to go."

"Ophelia..."

Francis sighed as he watched the young beautiful girl run off. Ophelia put her back against the wall as she never felt this way before, but she couldn't have him. He was engaged to her sister. She knew who to run too. Lola. The girl was always the one to listen to her.
~~~
"Ophelia?" Lola says as she walked over to the young Princess. "What's the matter?"

"I like Francis." She tells her. "I never have met a guy before, but Francis...there's something about him. Something that makes me want to be more than just Mary's sister."

Lola sat down as Francis found Ophelia. "Maybe it's because you want to make the right choices." She says. "You were never like Mary, Ophelia. You didn't want to take over Scotland or use someone to gain more allies." Lola grabbed her friend's hand. "You were never a princess to me, Ophelia. You will always be my best friend."

Francis walked into his room to see Natalia. "Leave."

"What?"

"Leave." He says. "I will never sleep with another girl again. Besides Ophelia."

"But she's not you betroth...."

"It doesn't matter." He says. "She's not like her sister and I want to do right by her. Mary, if I had feelings for her like I do for Ophelia, would be different. It's over. Tell the others that too or are you guys going after Andrew too."

Natalia couldn't believe that Francis was done. Ophelia must be something special if Francis is wanting to be with her.
~~~
Sitting in the hall, Ophelia sat reading a book as she saw a woman walk out of Francis's room. "So you are one of his distractions from my sister?" She says gaining Natalia's attention.

"He ended it. He won't sleep with no one else." She tells her sitting down. "Why are you not with your sister?"

Ophelia looked at her. "Let's say, I'm not like her." She says. "I want to be a good queen. A smart one." Ophelia set her book down and grabbed a sword. "A queen who will fight along side her husband in battles."

"Wow." She says. "No wonder.."

"What?"

"Nothing." She says. "Don't tell anyone about me going into Andrew's room."

Ophelia nodded as she watched her leave. Francis opened the door to see Ophelia walking away.
~~~
Later that day, Ophelia looked at the paintings smiling. "Ophelia." She looked to see Francis. "Mind if I walk with you?"

Ophelia looked away from the painting to him. "I don't mind. Maybe we can get to know one another."

"Ophelia!" She heard. "Colin is here and I need your help."

Ophelia looked at Francis. "Um..I know you want me to bless your wedding, but...Mary is the queen."

"I know." She says. "Will you bless us?"

Ophelia grabbed both of their hands as Francis watched. "I accept you two." She says. "I just hope Mary does."

Lola hugged her as Francis took her hand. "Let me walk you to your chambers so you can get ready for tonight."

Ophelia looked at him and nodded. Lola watched them walk away and smiled. "Mary is going to be very upset." She says. "Let's go talk to queen Catherine."

Colin nodded as the two left to see the queen. Lola looked back and smiled at them. She hopes that Francis is that happiness.
~~~
The wedding started causing Ophelia to watch. She saw her friend and walked over to her. "Where's Colin?" She asked.

Lola had her look causing her to see. Ophelia nodded and walked away to get some wine. She saw her sister. "Come on." Mary says. "We're dancing."

"I'm fine." She tells her. "I'm not making that mistake."

Mary grabbed her sister and spunned her onto the dance floor. Ophelia grabbed Lola as they danced together. Lola saw Francis watching Ophelia making her laugh. "Francis is watching."

Mary saw Francis looking at her sister causing her to see Andrew watching her. When Mary's other lady's dragged her away, Ophelia was left alone causing Francis to walk over to her. "May I have this dance?"

Andrew knew. "If he doesn't want Mary. I'll take her." He says as Francis and Ophelia started dancing.

When Mary came back, she saw her sister dancing with Francis. She didn't know what to feel as her sister was smiling. "I need to talk to my parents and your sister." He says.

"Okay."

"I want to end my engagement with your sister." He tells her. "I want to marry you."

"Me?" She says. "But..."

"I'll be back."

Ophelia didn't know what to feel at the moment. Natalia walked over to her. "Are you okay?"

"No." She says. "My sister may kill me."
~~~
Ophelia was sound asleep when someone walked in. She moved a bit till she felt a hand. Waking up, Ophelia saw a man she never seen before and screamed. The guards came running in and dragged him out. Ophelia started crying as she almost went through something terrifying.

Grabbing her robe, Ophelia walked out of her room. She heard someone running. "Ophelia!" She heard Francis. She stopped and looked at him. "Are you okay?"

"No." She tells him.

Francis pulled Ophelia in a hug and kissed her head. "I'll keep you safe." He says. "I will make sure he suffers."

Ophelia nodded as she looked up at him. "Is there another room I can sleep in?"

"There is one beside my room. That way, I will make sure you are safe."

"Thank you, Francis."
~~~
The next day, word got around that Mary was almost raped too and by Colin. She didn't know what to say. Lola came to her crying. "Colin is dead."

"What?"

"Mary couldn't save him, but she has hurt me." She says. "Aylee, Greer, Kenna, and you are my friend. Mary is just my queen."

Ophelia hugged her. "I almost had the same fate as my sister, but Francis made sure that guy got beheaded." She tells her. "I didn't know that Colin was behind this or that he was beheaded this morning."

"Don't worry about it." She says. "You didn't do this. I want you as my queen, Ophelia. If you find you a royal suitor, I want to be your lady and your lady only."

Francis overheard and wasn't happy about another royal suitor for Ophelia. She's his and only his. He needs to announce that he wants to end his engagement to Mary so he can marry Ophelia Stuart.
~~~
Ophelia walked outside the castle and over to the lake. Francis saw her as Mary was talking. "Mary, I want to call off the engagement to you and be with Ophelia." He says.

"What?" Mary asked hurt. "Why?"

"Because I never met her and after meeting her and getting to know her a bit, I want her to be my queen."

Andrew watched Francis walk away causing him to leave too. Ophelia smiled as she saw some flowers and walked over to them. She picked one and walked back in as Mary watched. "What has him wanting my sister?"

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

12 4 5
Nymeria DelCour is a princess. She is meant to follow every rule that her parents, specially her mother's rules, give her. She is second in line for...
12.1K 204 32
My name is Rosalie Amelia Rocasolano and I am the girl who didn't plan on marrying a prince who is soon going to be king. I was going to marry some...
5.3K 213 8
𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒| Where Jade Hart live turns upside down when she meets Francis Valois the future king of France who can't seem to get her...
26 0 4
The grandeur of the coronation filled the air, but beneath the shimmering facade of royalty, lay the unspoken turmoil of sisters torn apart by ambiti...