Snakebite - Ace Merrill

By CLQuinn

Castle Rock, the quiet little town in Oregon, shaken to it's core by a brutal murder. The only issue is their... More

CAST
Lady killers
Cop
Irbys
Try me
The leader
Not one
Tom
Three bangs
Diego
Kneel
Relax Merrill
Charlie
Alone
For now
I would
Now I do
Make way
Puppies
It was an accident
I'm with you
Watch them!
Her back up
Hell
Just friends
So close
I panicked
Distract me
Welcome to the family
Yesterday
The normal way
Stay
Evan
Martin
Love's love
I got you
One month later...
Credits...
SEQUEL

Cluedo

82 2 2
By CLQuinn

*****
Chapter 34 - Cluedo
*****

Diego and Oakley stood outside the hospital door, that plain white door that remained shut.

His hand reached out and gently took hers, his fingers between hers as the grip he held was tight.

"Whatever happens-" he started but stopped himself as he felt the emotions becoming too much.

Oakley simply nodded as she squeezed his fingers back tightly.

"Whatever happens." She whispered.

Slowly Diego reached out to open the door with his other hand. The pair taking a deep breath simultaneously as he gently turned the handle and pushed the door open.

"Did you bring me something to eat?"

Relief and annoyance flushed over their faces as they saw Evan sat upright in the bed, his half naked torso now strapped up with a bandage.

"Evan?" Oakley asked, almost in disbelief.

"What?" He stared blankly back at her as he gestured to the tray of uneaten food at the end of the bed. "I hate hospital food."

"Evan!" Diego snapped harshly. "We thought you were dead and all you give a shit about is food!"

Evan looked confused between the two. "Only in my shoulder but they-" he stopped as he gestured to the bandage half covering him.

"I really fucking hate you, you know that?" Oakley groaned as she stormed over and sat up on his bed.

Evan gave her a sorry look as he watched her almost collapse into him, his free arm wrapped around her as his head rested on hers.

"I'm sorry Baby-Tay." He whispered as he felt her grip tighten on him slightly.

Diego slowly walked around to his other side as Evan looked up at him.

"Sorry." He offered up another apology to his boyfriend.

Diego shook his head as he sat down on the other side. His hand went to Evan's face as he couldn't find the words. Their heads fell forward as their foreheads rested against the other, Oakley in the middle.

"Is now a good time?"

The trio looked up as they all saw Ace in the doorway.

"Family hug apparently." Evan held up both hands. "Get your arse over Merrill."

Ace shook his head. "Nah I ain't family."

Evan tilted his head as his eyebrow raised. "Dude." He paused. "Get your fucking arse over here."

Ace slowly walked over to Oakley's side as he gently placed a hand on her back.

"You figured out what dick shot me yet?" Evan asked as he looked between his sister and boyfriend.

Oakley and Diego's heads shot up as their eyes locked.

"Why does that look like a good sign?" Ace mumbled as he stared between the two.

"I think they got something." Evan mumbled in response.

Yet their comments were answered by the pair of detectives quickly going to rush out the room.

"Hey!" Ace shouted, stopping them just as they reached the door.

Instantly the pair turned to face them.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Ace gestured to himself and Evan.

Diego and Oakley exchanged a quick look before they rushed back. Diego's lips met with Evan's as Oakley's quickly met with Ace's.

Yet their kisses lasted a second before the detectives raced out the room, leaving Ace and Evan sighing.

"Not bad kid." Evan mumbled.

Ace nodded. "Learnt from the best."

The pair shared a small smile.

"Don't suppose you got anything to eat?" Evan asked as he continued to look up at him. "Hospital food really fucking sucks."

*****

"This feels so fucking wrong." Ashton mumbled as he quietly followed Oakley and Diego.

"Does he always talk this much breaking in somewhere?" Oakley mumbled as she continued to pick the lock of the back door.

Diego nodded. "Think he's got some kind of nervous disposition."

"I'm right here!" Ashton fired out gesturing to himself.

"Believe me," Oakley groaned. "We know."

Before Ashton could retaliate, the door opened and Oakley went in first.

Her gun held tight in her hands as she snuck into the kitchen, Diego hot on her heels with Ashton in tow.

"I mean, breaking into Jasper's house?" Ashton whispered. "Tolerable but this? This is the Cap's house!"

Diego and Oakley shushed him in sync as they continued walking further.

All three held their guns tightly as they went along the hallway. The sound of the TV on in the living room, caused their backs to get pressed against the wall.

Ashton watched as Diego and Oakley seemed to communicate through hand signals and facial expressions alone.

They really were a powerful pair.

As he saw Diego's hand count down from three, he knew it was go time.

As Diego's hand formed a fist, he watched as the pair dove in the room.

"THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"

Ashton squinted slightly from his spot in the hall, that wasn't the Captain's voice.

Diego and Oakley instantly reacted to the man aiming a gun as he fired it off multiple times, trying to aim for them.

"YOU KILLED JASPER!" His rage and fury was obvious as he charged for Oakley.

Before she could pull the trigger, he had his hands on hers, almost flinging her into Diego.

The pair scrambled as he came charging at them both, arms swinging violently as a fight broke out.

Diego took a fist to the face.

Oakley's heeled boot went straight into his shin.

His arm wrapped tightly around her neck as he clenched his grip, trapping her in a headlock.

Diego went to scramble for his gun but in the mismatched fight, it had been taken.

Now held against Oakley's trapped head as her arms desperately tried to free herself.

"Stay right fucking there!" The man shouted harshly at Diego, pressing the gun into her head.

Diego had froze to the spot, his arms held up in surrender.

One Taylor had already been shot, he didn't need another.

"We can talk about this." Diego spoke through heavy breathes. "Just don't shoot her."

"Why would I want to talk to you?!" He spat out harshly. "You're the detectives who shot my Jasper?!"

Diego shook his head slowly. "We didn't shoot Jasper."

"Don't fucking lie to me!" He spat out, the rabid rage in him clear. "You both fucking shot at him so it's my fucking turn!"

Diego shook his head again. "I promise you we didn't. The only boyfriend that's been shot at by someone else is mine."

The man's hatred burned at Diego as his grip was still tight on Oakley.

"You get what you deserve!" He fired out harshly. "You shot mine, I shoot yours! Hers is next!" He yanked at Oakley, as she began to struggle to breathe, his forearm slowly crushing her windpipes.

"We didn't shoot Jasper." Diego repeated firmly, his hands still raised.

"You shot-"

He suddenly collapsed to the floor. His grip on Oakley completely gone as she fell to her knees and began choking and trying to get fresh air into her lungs.

Diego was on his knees in front of her, his arms helping her up as the pair slowly looked up to where Ashton was standing, holding a candlestick.

"I believe they call that Officer Ashton Elliot, in the living room, with the candlestick." He sighed out with a heavy breath, holding it up in his hands.

"Cluedo." Oakley managed to cough out as she accepted Diego and Ashton helping her up.

Sorry it's only one chapter today!! In case it wasn't obvious... that was Martin they just fought with and Ashton knocked out...

I had planned to write more after work this morning but I kinda fell asleep instead! Sorry!!

Hopefully I'll write more tomorrow after work... then again, I shall be packing my bags for the day after as I am off for a weekend away... the most important weekend of my life...

I can't even remember which book I said it in but I'm seeing Kiefer Sutherland this Saturday!! In 2 freaking days time I shall be seeing my beloved Ace live!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 128 32
Ace Merrill, famous for having been with every type of girl. The high maintenance girl, the nerdy girls, the shy girls, the bitchy girls. The man has...
9.4K 200 39
Ophelia had the perfect life. A big house in the View, loving parents and soon to be wed to Castle Rock's best detective Xavier. Until a series of b...
8K 115 16
Matilda 'Tilly' Ransom was new to the small town of castle rock. She doesn't have the greatest relationship with her dad, so she spends most time out...
8.9K 178 36
Ace Merrill was the toughest guy in Castle Rock, there was no doubt about that. With his switchblade, nasty attitude and loyal cobras, no-one dared s...