Heart's Error

By Venice1038

Avery Rae Smith is getting an Anonymous letter for a very long time asking her to meet at the place she's alr... More

Important
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10
#11
#12
#13
#14
#15
#16
#17
#18
#19
#20
#21
#23
#24

#22

4 2 0
By Venice1038

Avery ( pov)

"Mam" the waiter offered drink to us as we looked around.

"No thank you"

"This is so grant, big." The mansion was full of people talking, drinking, dancing, dealing, flirting, playing. The 1st floor for drinking, dancing, flirting, making outs and all.

The 2nd floor is for games and when I say games it's deadly and dangerous.

The 3rd floor for dealings and the last 4 th floor where we are now is for greetings and talking.

"You know right?" Conner asked.

"Stay by your side?, Yes yes as I said I'll try." He's been repeating those word from the moment we entered inside the party.

He sighed and nodded his head.

"Come on" he say as he hold his hand out for me. I hesitated at first but grabbed his hand at last. I don't want to welcome any trouble.

"Mr. Conner nice to see you here." An old mid in 50 man greeted Conner as he eye me from head to bottom. I shiver in disgust.

"Nice to meet you too Mr.Black." Conner tried to take his attention on him which made me Little at ease.

"O come on drop the honorific well I see you have a new company " but his gaze landed on me again.

"Good evening sir " I greeted him pretending totally normal, I'm here to see Grayson not to make trouble for Conner.
I keep reminding me myself that.

"Good evening " he said as he lick his bottom lip making me to puke.

"Mr.black I see you don't have any company today." I guess Conner sense my uncomfortable.

"Yeah it upsets me a lot. " He said as he gaze stop at my breast.

"We will see you later Mr. Black" before I say something Conner excused us and took far away from him.

"You ok?" he asked looking straight in my eyes. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding up till now. And nodded.

"That's why I said you to stick with me the whole time." It's was clear why he said that many times but now when I'm experiencing, I truly understood him.

"Don't worry you are safe with me. No one can a lay their hands on you." He assured me. Which made me little comfortable.

"I didn't expected this." I really didn't, I thought he will take care of his business while I mine. But here, he take caring and protecting me.

"Even tho our relationship didn't went how I wanted doesn't mean.."

"I know, you are a man with ethics for sure" I interrupted him as I smile at him. and in some way I'm thankful that he's atleast not like somebody else.

"I missed this". Well thinking about it when we ever in relationship we had enjoyed each other's company some times.

For a little time we smiled , laughed, supported, and even cried togather.

"You will not die if you accept it." Here he goes with his nonsense.

"Ok I did too." But I agreed, he atleast deserve this. He deserves to know how I felt when we were togather.

We both smiled at each other as we marched towards and greeted more people. Gusse what? Conner is not bad with talking, he's known where and how to turn the table. He sure is a business man.

He's professional even when lady's wore over him infront of me.

It's been more than 1 hour I'm greetings people well gusse I need to excuse myself and find Grayson.

"Conner I want some fresh air" I whispered to Conner.
"Ok let's go" what no, you can't come with me.

"Mr. Conner how is your dad?." Thank God a well built gentleman interrupted us.

"Mr.bright please excuse me for a second" Conner said as he trun and face me again.

"Avery can you wait? " I did already now I can't more.

"No Conner it's ok you continue I know it's important to you." I honestly answered.

"I'll call you if something happens" I offered him looking how tensed he is.

"Make sure you do" he said as he look straight in my eyes.

"Yes I'll "

"Be safe and don't I mean it Avery, don't drink the drinks anyone offer you." He warned me looking dead serious.

"Ok" I said as leave him alone, went downstairs to 3rd floor.

All the tables ever reserved by people making deals, singing , celebrating, toasting I tried to walk away without hurting or distrub but mistakenly bumped into man.

"I'm sorry" he apologized before me.
I raised to see that man and apologies in return too.

"No I'm sorry s..ir..." But when I saw the person face I bumped into just made my blood run cold.

"Dad you fine? " his son came to check on him. His back was facing me till he decided to trun and face me.

"ofcourse you should ask to this young lady." Son's Dad spoke. My eyes went wide when I saw his son.

Suddenly the breath I have been taking became insufficient. My plam became sweaty. My mind just screamed one thing 'RUN'.

"Ms. You alright" the son asked me pretending like he doesn't know me.

Fuck how in the hell things truned out like this?. This is all a mess, a very big and dirty mess.

"O-Of- ofcourse I-am." I said as my fear and panick mode kick in. This is not right, I can't let them see me like this. I walked past them without saying anything.

"No how it can be, why..." Was the only chanting this whole time.

I kept walking. Suddenly why this room became so big. I kept walking in the crowd till I see the door. That's it. I run out of the door untill a pair of hands stopped me.

"Avery you showed u..p you ok" Dhruv asked as he saw my pale face.

"Why" did Dhruv knew about this?

"What" he asked as his eyes brow furrowed ...

"Why things truned out like this?"

"What happened Avery take a deep breath and tell me."

"It's him."

"Who?"

"The murderer" my legs went numb as I remind myself of that face.

"Avery"

"did you knew about this?" Thank God Dhruv is holding me because if he didn't I would have fallen on the ground because of my numb legs.

"I don't know anything"

"So do grey?" If Dhruv didn't then Grayson for sure did. How can he doesn't know everything?. It's not possible.

"No, he's known everything" yeah like I guessed.

"Then why he didn't gave me heads up ?"

"Avery"

"The murderer who killed Asher dad is.....in this party"

"Who? You saw him?"

"I ran into him." Yes the person I ran into is the murderer who killed Asher's dad.

"Shit. I know this is not the time I should ask this....Who is he?"

"It's your boyfriend dad."

You see there saying ' the secret's can't be hide for long'. The truth or should I say the secret Grayson was hiding till now is finally revealed.

It's his dad who killed Asher's dad.

"What?" I know it's as shocking for him as it was for me. It's hard for us both.

"Avery you know what are you claiming?"

"It's Grayson's dad"

"Avery? You..sure?" I jerk his hand away and walked away to the gallery gusse I really need fresh air.

Grayson knew everything from the first. He knew his dad killed his bestfriend's dad , he knew that I was the only witness then why why why in the hell he's doing this.

I walked to the railing and hold them for support.

What's going on inside his head. I didn't even knew my nightmare were an actually accident untill Asher came in my life.

Tho it was Gray who made Asher come in my life. He could just live a life the way it was, with no problem. Then why he's revealing the dirty past.

What more make my heart ache is Asher doesn't even know about this. He doesn't know his bestfriend dad is the reason why he's not with his parents today.

Before this, I was sure I'll never get involved with Asher and thought after getting my answer , I'll get back to my old life.

But know I'm not sure. Now how am I supposed to act like nothing happened.

How can I hide this truth from him.

"You" I heard a familiar deep voice behind me.

No not now, I don't want see him, not now.

"You as same as when you were in highschool"

"How was it?" He kept talking.

I was far from to a say one word. I'm tried. I just want someone to comfort me.

It's disgust me for thinking I want him to comfort me.

Even after what he had done to me. I still love him. In this game of secrets I realised I still care about him. I still have expectation for him.

"Is he good, is Conner good in the bed."

Fuck you Avery. How paetatic can you be. He keep insulting you but still how can you love him!.

"I saw you both were smile and not forget to mention hand in hand" he saw me and Conner.

Is he jealous?. Maybe my imagination. But Little did he know why I came here,

what I'm going through?
I truned around
"I'm warning you, stop right there Mr. Asher Lee." I warned him to stop speaking shit.

"Who do you think you are!? How dare you take my name." Wow he unbelievable!.

"Shut up I'm already dealing with lot of shit!" I screamed.

"Wow now spreading your legs for Conner is considered as a shit. Well true enough he's not that good as me."

I was about to say but a red light caught my attention. That single red light dot made is way to his head to shoulder and kept going down to abdomen .

The red dot was on right side of Asher so it was just me who could see.

Everything was mute Asher insults never reached to my ears, it is just the red dot light that caught all my senses attention.

"You sleep with people for just money and power now don't you? "

My heart running so fast but not in anger but in fear. If this is what I think it is.

He's in danger.

I should shout or atleast aware him but I don't know why, my whole body is froze.

I can't open my mouth. And before I run my brain......

I heard a loud gun shoot.

Bang!

❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️❇️

Please! Share, vote, Comment, add to reading list.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 3.7K 32
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
11.2K 563 19
❝The FBI Agent with walls of steel and The Mafia Spy who couldn't feel.❞ 🎭 "Can you feel it?" "Feel what?" "My love for you." β€’β™‘β€’ Kaya Skeats (real...
24.2K 422 25
"Alina, please believe me that i haven't been messing with anyone. What do i have to do for you to understand how much i want to be with you?" Madiso...
446K 25.8K 80
~ALERT~ This book is apart of the Double Standards Series. You must read Double Standards to understand this story. It will be fun Ivy, they said...