BTS Oneshots

By crumpled_paperballs

💜Hiatus💜 More

💜Hi Everyone💜
Don't Suffer Alone (Yoongi Sickfic)
Vasovagal Syncope (Jungkook Sickfic)
No Wan' Needles! (Jungkook Littlespace Sickfic)
Y/nie, I'm Here (Jimin×y/n fluff)
I'm Sowwy Daddy (Taehyung Littlespace Punishment)
Don't Be Jealous Baby (Jungkook×y/n Fluff)
Tetanus Jab (Jimin Littlespace Hurtfic)
No Wann' Needles (2.0)! (Taehyung Littlespace Sickfic)
Tetanus Jab 2.0 (Jungkook Littlespace Hurtfic)
No Wann' Needles 3.0! (Taehyung Littlespace Sickfic)
No Wann' Needles 4.0! (Yoongi Littlespace Sickfic)
💜Request Page💜
Coccydynia (Taehyung Sickfic)
Vaccines Are No Fun (Maknae Line)
¡Hiatus!
Taewook And Jungwan (18+)
Ear Pain Sucks (Taehyung Sickfic)
Beware Of Doggo (Yoongi Hurtfic)
Vaccines Are No Fun 2.0 (Namjin Oneshot)
A Bully's Past (Taehyung×Y/n)
¡Important Announcement!
¡Promotion!
Teethie Troubles (Jimin Littlespace Sickfic)
Please Be Gentle (Taehyung Sickfic)
It Hurts! (Jungkook Sickfic)
Doctor Hyungie (Jimin And Jungkook Littlespace Sickfic)
No Wann' Needles 5.0! (Jin Littlespace Sickfic)
Pride Month Oneshot🏳️‍🌈 (Taekook)
Taekook Mpreg🏳️‍🌈
HPV Vaccine
Cramps (Taekook)
Cramps 2.0
Taekook smut

Strep Throat

1.1K 21 15
By crumpled_paperballs

This is an extra chapter that I'm posting here for "Dada". Let's say I'm done stressing out for exams and I needed a break.
So I wrote this for fun
Enjoy~

A lil info for those who haven't read "Dada"
Jungkook(27)
Taehyung(29)
Jungsun(5 in this oneshot)

Both are paediatrician and run a private clinic. They live in the same house cz Jungkook is a single Foster parent to Jungsun. If you wanna know more details, you can read "Dada".
I'm not adding Miso and Areum in this oneshot.

Taehyung pov
Clinic
Evening

"Well young man, if mama tells me that you're not taking all your medicines and vegetables on time, then I'd have to call Kookie hyung and ask him to give you shot, deal?" I said while writing the prescription of a three year old boy.

He was sitting in his mother's lap, trying to bite into the pineapple lollipop I'd given him as a reward for not crying during the checkup.

"Will koo'ie hyun' give ouchie?" he asked mindlessly, preoccupied by the hard candy that had an impression of his molars by then. He put the candy back into his mouth, face turning red from how hard he was trying to bite into it.

"Eat slowly or else you'll hurt yourself.." the lady scolded the boy softly, tapping his cheeks to tell him not to clench too hard.

The stubborn child didn't listen to her as he continued trying until he bit the lollipop, pulling out the clean stick from his mouth. He giggled, feeling proud of himself as he showed the stick to his mother and chewed the sweet candy happily.

Looking at his bright smile, the mother and I grinned at each other. The happiness and innocence in his doe eyes melted our hearts.

"Minjun has very strong teeth, right mama?" I said, patting the giggling child's head.

"We will make your body as strong as your teeth. Will you help TaeTae hyun in that?" I asked, writing down rest of the things on his prescription.

"Yes!" he nodded excitedly.

"Does that mean Minjun will have carrots everyday?"

"Yes!"

"Beans?"

"Yes!"

"And broccoli?"

"No..." he shook his head in disagreement.

"Why not young man?"

"Bwoccoli is a monstaw!" he answered, making cute little monster paws to look scary.

I gasped, covering my mouth with hands as I exclaimed, "Damn it's too scary!"

He giggled again, explaining in a reassuring tone, "No Taetae hyun'! It's me!"

"Phew! I thought Minjun turned into a monster..." I sighed in relief, wiping the non existent sweat off my forehead.

After discussing about broccoli monster with the child, I explained his mother about his health and further treatment. The boy's case was very similar to Jungsun's, as he was preterm baby as well. He was originally Jungkook's patient that I was attending. Jungkook couldn't come for work because Jungsun was quite sick.

"Bye Taetae hyunie" the boy waved with a smile.

"Byee Minjun!" I waved with the same energy, smiling brightly at the adorable toddler.

As the door closed, I leaned back in my chair and cracked my neck and knuckles a couple of times to lossen the tension in my joints.

"Excuse me doctor" the nurse knocked the door.

"Yes, come inside."

"Dr. Jungkook has got all the tests done. The reports will be ready within a few minutes" she informed.

"Alright, that's good. Where is Jungkook now?"

"He's with Jungsun in his cabin... Shall I call them in?"

"Yeah, we don't have any other patients left, right?"

"No doctor."

"Okay, call them in here."

Jungkook must've went to his cabin thinking that I was busy with the patients.

Jungsun had moderate pain in his throat yesterday. We thought it was just a normal sore throat and tried home remedies. The poor boy couldn't sleep the whole night because of how painful his throat was along with severe stomachache.

Jungkook was up the whole night, taking care of his sick child all alone. He checked his tonsils which turned out to be inflammed. As we were suspecting it to be a case of strep throat and Jungkook had also started developing similar symptoms as Jungsun, he didn't let me be near them.

Both of them were down with fever in the morning. Jungsun was barely able to speak while Jungkook had a sore throat as well. The baby slept at 7 in the morning, so Jungkook wanted to take some rest along with him before getting the checkup done.

Being a responsible doctor, he didn't come to the clinic until the clinic timings were over. Strep throat is common among children and he didn't want to spread it by coming here earlier.

As per the last update that Jungkook had given me, Jungsun wasn't even able to take in liquids as his throat was hurting so bad. He wasn't able to sleep much. Stomachache kept him from lying down in any position. It's quite rare for a strep throat patient to develop abdominal pain. We were suspecting it to be because of IBS that must have kicked in along with the infection.

Whenever Jungkook's down with fever, he gets a severe muscle pain throughout his body. I had no idea how he was managing everything with his sick child.

I wish I could do something for them.

I wore a medical mask and washed my hands to maintain aseptic conditions. Strep throat is highly contagious, and as a doctor, I had to take care of myself. I had the responsibility of the sick father and son along with the clinic. I couldn't afford to be ill at this time.

Then I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in Kook" I said being very sure that it was him.

"Hey hyung..." his voice was so feeble and hoarse that it was barely audible. Jungsun was clinging to Jungkook, mewling quietly with his head buried in Jungkook's chest.

"Hey Kook, come sit here."

As soon as he sat on the examination table, Jungsun squirmed in his hold and started pushing him aside.

"Shhh Jungsun-ah, everything's fine!" I said, rubbing his back while keeping a little distance from both of them.

But it was nowhere comforting for the baby and Jungkook had to stand again, bouncing the boy very carefully in a soothing way.

"Jungsun and I got a penicillin allergy test too. That's why he's upset" Jungkook explained in a very low voice though I was able to hear it.

"Ah.. Now I get it. Well, that's a good thing though. We can start the treatment earlier."

"Yeah... How was your day?"

We chatted for a while until Jungsun wasn't crying anymore. When the baby calmed down, I told Jungkook to sit on the examination table with him to check their vitals.

After wearing gloves, I sat on a stool across them with all the required instruments.

"Who wants to go first?" I asked, adjusting the stethoscope in my ear.

"Do you want to go first baby?" Jungkook cooed, setting the sniffling boy in his lap comfortably. He didn't answer, although Jungkook had lifted his shirt already while Jungsun wasn't resisting it.

"Take deep breaths baby... Breath in... Breath out... Yeah just like that.... You're doing awesome sweetpea!" I kept talking to him during the checkup to make him feel safe

"Argh... See this Kook" I said when I looked into Jungsun's mouth, turning his face towards Jungkook.

"Yeah... It's quite swollen and infected. His lymph nodes were okay until morning but now, there's some inflammation."

Jungsun didn't like the way both of us were looking in his mouth and saying something that was beyond his understanding. But the way we were talking about it, he didn't like it. His eyes were moist and he was about to cry again when we stopped the checkup.

"Hey sweetpea, there's nothing to be afraid of! Calm down baby" I cooed, while Jungkook hugged him tightly.

"Tummy huwts!" he cried in a voice way worse than Jungkook's.

"Where does it hurt baby? Can you tell uncle about it?" I asked, giving him gentle belly rubs.

"It's his lower abdominal area. IBS is making it worse..." Jungkook explained, kissing the top of his child's head.

"We can't go for anything besides home remedies till his throat gets better" I said sympathetically, patting his head.

"I've a very soothing candy for my baby's throat. Here, have it" I said, unwrapping a hard candy with mild flavour.

"Would you like to sit on my chair and rest over there while I check dada?" I asked him, hoping for a positive reply.

But he shook his head in denial, not wanting to be away from his dad for a split second. He clinged to his hoodie again, hiding his face in his chest.

" Guess I've to do it this way only"I sighed and smiled a little at Jungkook who smiled back, nodding his head to start with the checkup.

With Jungsun sitting in his lap, I somehow managed to check him thoroughly.

"Your temperature is pretty high kook" I said, showing him the thermometer.

"Don't you have any muscle pain or something?"

"My whole body's hurting a lot. There are cramps everywhere."

"Do you want to get an IV shot? It will be really helpful" I asked, because his condition looked pretty bad and on top of that, he had a sick child to take care of. I had no idea how Jungkook was pushing his body to even walk properly at that point.

"Yeah, I guess I should get one" he agreed, taking Jungsun in his arms again as he kept squirming in his lap.

"Doctor Taehyung."

"Yeah, please come inside."

"Here are the reports. Both are positive for strep test" Dr. Kim informed walking towards us and handed over their reports to me. Nurse Jiah followed him inside with some instruments in a tray.

"Dr. Jungkook, did you have any itching or burning sensation on the site?" Dr. Kim asked while the nurse checked his arm to measure the wheal that had formed over the testing site.

"No, there were hardly any symptoms."

Jungsun was calm as ever, sitting on Kook's thigh while he had his free arm around the baby as he keenly watched the nurse doing her job with a ruler like thing he must have seen in his school.

"Dada ruler..." he said, pointing at the ruler.

"Yeah baby, it's a ruler!" he chuckled at his baby's words, kissing the top of his head.

"You aren't resistant to penicillin but a higher dosage of the drug should be recommended for adequate treatment" Dr. Kim informed as he wiped off the markings from his arm.

When the nurse reached out for Jungsun's arm, he whimpered with fear, looking at his dad with moist eyes.

"Jungsun-ah, she is only going to have a look at your arm just like she had on dada's, okay? See, there's no needle" I reassured him as the nurse showed her empty hands.

Jungkook stretched out Jungsun's arm very gently, not to scare the boy as Dr. Kim and the nurse checked the wheal.

"He isn't resistant either."

"That's good."

I sighed at the reports, keeping them aside to look at the doctor.

"Thankyou Dr. Kim for your help. I'll carry on with the treatment hereafter."

"It's nothing, Dr. Taehyung. Take care of them" Jungkook and I greeted them as he left the cabin along with the nurse.

"Kook, I think it'd be better for both of you to go for a penicillin shot. Jungsun won't be able to handle oral antibiotics for too long... He already has an upset belly" I suggested as I went near my table to write their prescriptions.

"Yes hyung..."

After writing the drugs, I searched for the same in my shelves along with syringes. I went back to them and kept the stuff in the tray alongside the table.

"Baby, do you want to sit at my stool? Dada needs to get a booboo" I cooed while changing my gloves.

"Booboo? Why?" he looked worried about his dada's health and upset that his dada was going to receive a shot.

"Because dada is not well baby. You don't have to feel bad though, TaeTae uncle's gonna help Dada fight against the bad bacteria. Do you want to help him too?"

"Yes!" he said with a glint of excitement although his voice was very low, muffled by the mask.

"Hop on the stool then!"

With the help of Jungkook, he settled down on the stool. Jungkook lied sideways on the table facing towards Jungsun. In the meantime, I prepared a syringe of penicillin for him and tore a sachet of alcohol wipe.

"Dada don't be scared..." the baby patted his head to calm him down just like Jungkook always does.

"Do you want to hold my hand, dada?" he asked, reaching out for Jungkook's hand to hold his thumb. Kook and I grinned at the little boy's sweet gesture.

I patted her head while saying, "See, I've got a great assistant today!"

"Thankyou sweetpea, dada isn't scared anymore" Jungkook gave his hand a squeeze and kissed his forehead.

I turned my back at an angle towards Jungsun so as to keep him from looking at the shot. Pulling down his waistbands, I cleaned the area and said, "Take a deep breath."

With that, I inserted the needle and started plunging down the drug. The antibiotic was quite strong and dosage was heavy. It was sure to cause some pain but Jungkook didn't even hiss during the injection, knowing that our little one was constantly looking at him.

"It's done... Are you okay kook?" I asked, pulling out the needle and rubbed the site gently.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine hyung" he smiled with his eyes, still holding Jungsun's hand in his although his eyes were moist.

I was sad to look at the younger's face, hiding his pain from his little child as he didn't want to scare him. To cheer him up, I said, "Dada did so well, didn't he Jungsun?"

"My dada is brave boy!" the boy clapped for his dad, climbing from the chair to the table to hug him.

"Aw, thanks baby for helping me out" Jungkook hugged him tightly, rolling on his back and scrunched his nose with pain when his butt came in contact with the hard surface.

"Careful Kook, its gonna hurt that way for a while" I said, rubbing on the side of his butt.

"Yeah, don't worry hyung" he chuckled through the pain.

"Baby, shall Dada and I help you fight against the bad bacteria the same way as you helped dada?" I asked, preparing another shot for Jungsun.

His already pale face looked even paler as he turned his face towards me and asked innocently, "Are you gonna give me booboo...?"

"A very small one" I didn't lie to the baby, caressing his cheeks lovingly.

"It will hurt" he whimpered, looking at Jungkook and shaking his head in disagreement.

Jungkook got up and sat on the table with Jungsun in his arms and patted his back while explaining, "Jungsun-ah... How will you throat feel better if you won't take booboo? And its a very small one... Dada got a way bigger one but it didn't hurt much sweetpea. My little boy can do it, right?"

"And you know what baby? If you get this booboo now, I can get you and dada ice-creams from your favourite shop on our way back home. How does it sound?"

"But I can't have ice-cream... My throat has ouchie" his voice was too low for me to understand, so Jungkook had to translate it for me.

"Ice-cream is good for your ouchie, little one. So we can get some for you" I smiled at him and tapped his cheeks.

"Really?"

"Yes baby. But for that, you need to be a good boy and help me fight off the bad bacteria. Are you ready?" I waited for Jungsun to answer before doing anything.

"Okay... Will you be gentle?" he asked, eyes brimming with tears.

"I'll be very gentle with my baby... Just trust your uncle" I assured him, wiping off some lingering tears.

Jungkook made him lie over his lap carefully, not to hurt his upset stomach. Jungsun was holding his one hand while with the other, he was caressing his back to keep him calm.

"Does Jungsun miss his school?" I asked, sitting on the stool with the injection and an alcohol wipe.

"Hmm... I miss Minji."

"Aw, she is your bestie, right?" I flicked the syringe fir any air bubbles. Jungkook pulled down his trousers when Jungsun squealed, "Dada I'm scared..."

"It's gonna be alright baby... Don't be afraid.. It's just Dada and uncle" Jungkook cooed, brushing his fingers through Jungsun's hair.

Jungkook was equally terrified as our little one. He looked at me with fearful eyes in response to which I nodded reassuringly and smiled. He took a deep breath and told me to go for it.

"Keep a firm hold" I murmured before cleaning the area. Jungsun flinched a bit when I inserted the needle deep into his muscle, then plunged down the drug at a medium pace.

As expected, Jungsun ended up crying, digging his nails into Jungkook's leg muscles with pain as he couldn't cry much because of his infected throat. Crying would've hurt way more than the shot itself. Jungkook didn't move an inch even though his sore muscles were hurting a lot.

"Dada...!!!" tears were streaming down his pale face as he tried wriggling out of his dad's hold in vain.

"It's alright baby.... Just a few more seconds."

"It's done sweetpea! Aw my brave baby, its all done... No more booboos now..." I cooed, taking out the needle and rubbed the site gently while Jungkook held him close to his chest, patting his back and kissing his head to calm him down.

"Shh... Jungsun-ah... My baby is so brave, right? He is the best boy!" Jungkook got up from the table and walked around the room, swaying the sick child in his arms gently.

When Jungsun's sobs died down, he sat down on the table again. The baby was clinging to his dad's hoodie, still sniffling and whimpering a little.

"My poor baby... You will be all okay in a day sweetpea..." I murmured, ruffling his hair.

"I'll give you the IV at home... Let's go now."

"Do it here only, hyung. It would be way harder to do it at home. Jungsun's not gonna sleep anytime soon and he won't get off my lap. I'm pretty sure about that."

"How would you manage with Jungsun here?"

"It's no big deal. I'll hold him with the other arm."

Although Jungkook was a father to his five year old child, he was still younger than me. I had the same protective feelings for him as I had when I first met him in med school.

Whenever Jungkook would fall sick, mostly before exams, he'd always come to me for checkup saying I was the only one he felt comfortable with. It used to be hard to handle Jungkook at that time.

And now here he was, a responsible dad and a successful doctor. I was so proud of him. I just wished to help him as much as I could.

"Okay kook, let me help you lie down" I said, making him lie on his back. Jungsun whined, not wanting to lie down. Jungkook adjusted his position on top of his chest and encircled his arm around him, patting his back softly to comfort the child.

"I'm sorry baby... Dada has to get another booboo... Is it okay if we lie here for sometime?" Jungkook cooed.

Jungsun hummed through his sniffles, fisting some fabric of Jungkook's hoodie.

"Kook, I need you stretch out your arm" I said, sitting on the stool and opened the pack of needle.

"Just close your eyes okay... Stay calm..." I mumbled while cleaning the site.

"Hyung, I'm Jungkook, remember? The other guy that works with you? You're certainly confusing me with Jungsun" he laughed out, amused by the way I was talking to him as if he was a scared toddler.

"Nah, I clearly remember you as the guy who used to wear superman socks until last year of his med school" I palpated the vein and inserted the needle, plastering it to the site.

"Hyung! Until when are you going to embarrass me with that story!" he whined as I made fun of him and chuckled.

"Haha... Okay Dada, it's gonna take fifteen minutes and it's my kind request to stay still until then" I said, joining my hands sarcastically.

"Okay hyung" he giggled, as cutely as Jungsun.

"mmm... Dada..."

The baby's feeble voice caught our attention as we both looked at him.

"Yes baby, is everything okay?" Jungkook asked with concern.

"Ice-cream..."

Both of us looked at each other and burst into laughter at Jungsun's words.

"Why are you laughing?" Jungsun asked, clearly annoyed at the sudden wave of laughter.

"It's nothing sweetpea. I'll get you and dada the tastiest ice-cream once we are done with treating dada, okay?"

He hummed, snuggling more into Jungkook's arms.

Time skip
Home

"Tada! I made some yum yum corn soup for my babies!" I exclaimed, setting the bowls on bed table in front of Jungkook who was holding Jungsun in his arms. We had our masks on to avoid the spread of infection.

"The food looks good!"

"It's Jungsun's favourite afterall!" I ruffled the child's hair as he smiled faintly.

Jungkook didn't seem to be comfortable in his position, so I caressed his cheek and asked, "Is there any pain, Kook?"

"Yeah.. Umm..."

"Cold compress will help. I'll get it in a second."

His injection site was hurting. In addition to being a painful antibiotic, he got a quite heavy dose. Though he stayed strong for his baby, the shot would've been pretty hurtful.

"Here, take this" I handed over the compress to him.

"Thanks hyung."

"Now I'm going to sit outside and both of you should finish your bowls until I get back, understood?" I said, as I had to avoid the direct contact without mask.

"Okay doctor uncle!" both of them said in unison and giggled.

Jungkook didn't look like he had a fever above 103°C. To take care of Jungsun, Jungkook had forgotten all of his pain.

I wished for them to get well soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 1.1K 21
❝YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE❞ [JUNG HOSEOK ✕ MIN YOONGI]
smartphone By <3

Fanfiction

69K 3.1K 26
:)
529K 12.1K 34
In which Yoongi wants to finally reveal his little side to his band members. ______ This book includes: Non-sexual little space Curse words Suicidal...
8.1K 286 12
When Kim Namjoon is stressed, he turns to little space for help. *I rated it as mature, but it's not that bad* !No more updates.