The Truth After Allegiant

By TrisEaton4610

Book One +++ This book is part of a series +++ Book One [You are here] : The Truth After Allegiant Book Two... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Chicago Today
Chapter 2 - Trying to Help
Chapter 3 - Life is Strange
Chapter 4 - Stalling
Please Note!!
Chapter 5 - Waking Up
Chapter 6 - I'm Responsible
Chapter 7 - Rules
Chapter 8 - Unexpected News
Chapter 9 - Plans
Chapter 10 - Trouble
Chapter 11 - Invitations
Chapter 12 - An Adventure to the Bathroom
Chapter 13 - Birthday Idea
Chapter 14 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 15 - Pet Store Visit
Chapter 16 - Mom?
Chapter 17 - The Wedding
Chapter 18 - Not Her Fault
Chapter 19 - The Reception
Chapter 20 - Unfortunate Reality
Chapter 21 - Party Prep
Chapter 22 - Research
Chapter 23 - The Puppy
Chapter 24 - New Arrivals
Chapter 25 - Mysterious TV
Chapter 26 - Thoughts and Confusion
Chapter 27 - Deaths?
Chapter 28 - All At Once
Chapter 29 - Amity Much?
Chapter 30 - Painful Love
Please Read!!!
Chapter 31 - Flashbacks
Chapter 32 - Fate of Us
Chapter 33 - Erudite
Chapter 34 - Here We Go
Chapter 35 - Bad Luck
Chapter 36 - Can't Be Good
Chapter 37 - This Isn't a Hospital
Chapter 38 - Rough Decisions
Chapter 39 - My Little Brother
Chapter 40 - Who?
Chapter 41- I Refuse
Chapter 42 - Awake
Chapter 43 - Worth It?
Chapter 44 - Success
Hear Me Out Guys
Chapter 45 - Telling
Chapter 46 - Is She...?
Chapter 47 - I Have To
Chapter 48 - Files?
Chapter 49 - The Truth
Chapter 50 - Gone
Chapter 51 - Wet Dog
Chapter 52 - Only Begun
Chapter 54 - Right into Place
Chapter 55 - Can it?
Chapter 56 - Watch and Wait
Chapter 57 - Back to Chicago
Chapter 58 - Some Hope
Chapter 59 - I'm Done
Chapter 60 - Stupidity
Chapter 61 - Make Sure of It
Chapter 62 - How?
Chapter 63 - Dauntless Compound?
Chapter 64 - Four More Days
Chapter 65 - Stay Silent
Chapter 66 - What if They Already Know...?
Chapter 67 - I Don't Care
Chapter 68 - Holy Crap
Chapter 69 - Your and My Deaths
~Epilogue~
Trivia!
Thank You!!
~Final Note~
Learning to Trust
200K

Chapter 53 - Nightmare

3.6K 119 14
By TrisEaton4610

Chapter 53 - Nightmare

Tris

"Tris, honey. It's time to wake up." I hear Tobias coo stroking my hair.

"Ugh. Fine." I say rubbing then opening my eyes.

The person is not Tobias.

It is David.

I'm not safe in Tobias's apartment like I had guessed.

"Why the confused face, Beatrice? Did you think I was somebody else?" He sneers.

I try to back up, but I bump against the headboard. Suddenly, my arms and legs are chained to the bed and something is over my mouth as David lurks his way toward me, making it seem like every step means the world to him. The heavy yet light pat of his feet make his way closer and closer to me.

But they aren't the same footsteps that I'm use to him hearing.

In fact, I know they aren't his footsteps.

I try to scream for someone, anyone to please come help me, but the tape over my mouth only allows a muffled cry to escape.

I jump when I recognize Cara's crying out in vain from behind me.

My hands somehow are free, but I don't ponder on it, I just whip around to realize that now I am no longer on the bed.

I'm sitting on the floor in the Erudite Hospital.

"It was her fault. She's dead because of her! Dead!" She screams turning to me, hands on top of her flat stomach.

My heart sinks.

I already can tell what happened.

The baby is gone.

I feel hot tears start down my face before I am full out crying.

"Why? Why are you of all people crying?! You had every opportunity to save her! But you didn't! You saved yourself instead you selfish IDIOT! Now she's dead and so is everyone else I ever cared about! Even your own parents! Your brother! Your friends! All dead because. Of. You."

"Wha--" I try to ask. Suddenly, I literally see what happened.

I see David walk up to Cara in her cell; a huge knife in hand. I see myself, unconscious right next to her. Everyone is screaming at David except for me. I'm just laying there, in and out of consciousness.

David unlocks the cell, grabs Cara by her neck and the knife goes into her very round baby bump.

I hear the screams of pain not only from Cara, but the baby's father; my brother and the baby's grandparents; my parents. The baby's aunt; me, is just laying there, barely conscious, not saying a word or moving a muscle.

The vision is gone and I see Cara and the doctors again.

"If it wasn't for you, none of this wouldn't have ever happened." She sobs.

I hear a familiar voice behind me.

"Tobias?" I question.

I turn and see that it is him, but it doesn't seem that he can see or hear me.

I can tell that he is somewhere in Dauntless, but in an office. There is a desk with a computer and a ton of files and papers all over it so you can't even tell where the bottom is.

He is talking to someone who is around his height with dark blonde, almost brown hair dressed in all black as well.

"You know what?" Tobias says to the other guy." I can't stand it anymore, Josh. I'm done with this project. It's just too much work. We will never find them; it's just like a needle in a haystack. Even if we do find them anyway, they'll probably already be dead so why bother. We could be wasting out time on something else; not this. It's just a trap, so why spring it. I'm calling it off. It's for the best."

That's exactly what I fear; never being found.

Dying here because no one knows or cares enough to find us.

In reality though, that's what will happen.

We really never will get found.

Even Tobias doesn't care, so why would anyone else?

Suddenly, a breeze hits the back of me and I turn around to see that I am no longer at the that office.

I'm at a cemetery.

The stones infront of me read the names of everyone I loved.

My parents, brother, friends, and

Tobias.

Tobias Eaton.

Then I am no longer there at the cemetery, I am in the same hallways I am dragged down by David countless times a day.

Cautiously I walk down the hallways, pushing open the heavy metal doors as I go.

It is extremely hot in here, and I swat at flies with my hand that somehow got in this place and are interested in me.

Several hallways, turns and doors later I open a door and almost loose my footing as I cannot even scream to what I see.

In an extremely long hallway full of cells, everyone I love is in a cell. Stuck like captured animals as my family, some of my friends and I have been for who knows how long now.

Except they are all dead.

And I drop a gun I didn't even know I was holding.

I feel a scream escape my lips, but I never hear it for now I am back in the Erudite hospital.

Not on the floor this time though.

I'm in a bed with my left leg wrapped in so many deep red gauze.

The first thing I notice is how much pain my leg is in and how it throbs.

It's never felt like this before.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Prior. There is nothing we can do for it. It's just too badly damaged and on top of that, now infected. It's going to have to be amputated; taken off. If it stays on you then the infection would spread through your body quickly and you would die within three days. It must be removed as soon as possible. We will take you to surgery now."

I feel myself begin to tremble as I'm wheeled out of the room on the bed.

I'm brought into a room where there is various people I don't know, all talking about something.

But I can't hear them.

Some come right up next to me, their lips moving. I can tell they are talking to me, but I can't hear them. I only can see their lips forming unknown words as if it was another language I did not know.

I haven't noticed recently, but this is one of the things I'm really scared of.

Not knowing what's going on, or not being able to use my hearing to an advantage. Suddenly a doctor comes up to me with some object that I can't decipher.

I feel a needle go into my neck as a simulation begins.

Soon enough, everything is black, then I am in a box. Then the water starts to gush into it.

It's the same simulation I had back during Dauntless initiation.

The tank gets filled up with water closer and closer to the top.

I stand on the tips of my toes to get one last breath before it is completely filled.

I tap on the glass, but it does not budge.

Then I press into it harder.

It still doesn't show even the slightest chance if shattering.

It's not real.

It's a sim.

I try to talk myself out of it, but nothing is working.

My head begins to pound as the lack of oxygen going to my body.

I'm going to drown in less than a minute if I don't get out of here.

But it's a sim, so I won't drown.

Is this really a simulation?

No, it's not. As a divergent, I would've just had pulled myself out if this was a simulation.

This.

This is a nightmare.

A nightmare of all of the things I currently fear most.

This one is having my divergence fail me. Where I'm stuck in a simulation like any other non-divergent.

Many of them revolved around the same theme though.

Not being able to save the people I love from either them being killed,

Or from me dying to early.

*   *   *

A scream actually does make it from my mouth as I jump up when I wake. Through my gasping and heavy breathing I hear the faint sound of footsteps and yelling coming from my left. It sounds pretty far away, but it's better to be aware than surprised when whoever they are comes this way.

I look around quick just to panick even more:

My family is still not here.

A/N-

Hi humans.

Sorry for the long wait for a chapter and then this really short and crappy chapter.

I wish I could've written something better for it being two weeks since I've updated.

It's just been a really hard two weeks right now.

22.8k reads! <4 <4

Anyways...

Until next time...

Stay amazing!

Thanks for reading!

Vote!

And

Comment!

And

Be Brave because I <4 you all so so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 212 16
INCOMPLETE******** Tobias Eaton AKA Commander Four is tasked to investigate a woman suspected to have connections with a rebel group. The only way fo...
297K 7.3K 50
What if Tris didn't die in Allegiant but everyone else thinks she's dead. What will she do now that she has survived? Will she ever find her way back...
153K 3.1K 53
Tris has just finished her initiation. She's having a hard time getting used to all the dauntless. But mostly, having a hard time in her new relation...
2.1K 36 11
Note: If you haven't read Allegiant by Veronica Roth, this story contains spoilers!! ALLEGIANT - ALTERNATE ENDING. I wrote this a few years ago when...