✓ | Porcelain.

By wheelsvoid

Quinn Barnes, unfortunately, was a demigod. It took her a long time to really understand the depth of it, and... More

PORCELAIN
graphic gallery !
table of contents !
prologue !
ACT ONE
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
ACT TWO
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
ACT THREE
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
ACT FOUR
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
end.

chapter twenty five

745 43 4
By wheelsvoid

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: THE KISS

I stretched out my arms and legs as I got out of the car. My eyes landed on Clint. I smiled at the sight of him, but I couldn't help but feel guilty as he was originally retiring. "Cap." He greeted as Steve got out of the car as well, Sam and Bucky trailing behind.

"You know I wouldn't have called if I had any other choice." Steve said honestly as he shook Clint's hand.

Clint nodded, "hey, man, you're doing me a favour." He shrugged, turning to Wanda as she got out of the van, "besides, I owe a debt." I smiled at the girl. I took a moment to look at her outfit, her skirt was blowing in the wind, and her hair was loosely curled. She looked pretty.

Steve turned to Wanda, "thanks for having my back."

Wanda shrugged, her lips turned upwards into a smirk, and her arms crossed, "it was time to get off my ass."

"Is that Wanda?" Bucky turned to me with a hushed voice. After all this time apart, he wants to talk about girls? I thought to myself, chuckling inwardly.

"Bucky," I turned to him as I pushed his shoulder softly, "literally, just shut up." I hissed, a small chuckle escaped his lips.

Bucky shrugged, "what? She's cute." He looked forward, pretending to look like he was paying attention. "I was just curious."

I squinted at him for a moment, "yeah, I know she is."

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked Clint.

Clint walked over to the van, "he's rarin' to go." He started opening the van door, startling the man inside. "Had to put a little coffee in him... but he should be good."

The man stepped out, stumbling as he did so. A confused look was on his face. "What time zone is this?" His eyes suddenly landed on Steve, his mouth hung wide open at the sight of the man, "Captain America!" He began to shake Steve's hand.

Steve nodded, "Mr. Lang."

Scott let out a soft laugh in disbelief, "it's an honour." He turned to their hands that were still shaking. "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome!" He turned to Wanda with a smile as he pointed to Steve, "Captain America!" He smiled even wider, "I know you, too. You're great!"

I smiled softly, Wanda seemed to really appreciate the comment. After everything that's happened, and all the people who feared her, Scott Lang managed to cheer her up with a few words.

Scott turned back to Steve, touching his biceps. "Jeez. Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so... thinks for thanking of me." I chuckled at his small mix-up of words.

"Hey, man!" Scott turned to Sam with a small grimace.

"What's up, tic tac?" Sam joked back, his tone bored.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I..."

"It was a great audition." Sam interupted, "but it'll..." he chuckled, "...it'll never happen again."

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve turned back to Scott.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" Scott guessed, causing Steve to shake his head.

"We're outside the law on this one." Steve corrected, "so if you come with us, you're a wanted man."

Scott huffed, "yeah, well, what else is new?"

"We should get moving." Bucky announced with his arm resting on the car.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint added, stopping when someone started to speak German on the PA.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky translated for us.

"Stark." Sam said with a raised brow.

Scott's mouth opened in shock, "Stark?"

Steve nodded, "suit up."

After the others suited up in the back of the van, it was Wanda and I's turn. We were back to back, giving each other as much privacy as possible. I could feel my heart racing, and my annoyance peaking at that. It's not a big deal, you're with Wanda all the time. I told myself.

"Are you ready?" She asked softly, I could hear the sound of a zipper from behind me. I admired her breathy voice for a moment, pausing to catch my breath before answering.

"I don't know..." I mumbled with a shrug, before pulling my shirt over my head. "I don't think I'm ever ready for a fight, this one more so. We're up against our friends." I sighed, reaching for my suit.

"It'll be worth it." Wanda reassured warily. "I hope."

"Yeah." I nodded, "at the end of the day, I don't know if there will ever be a good result..." I frowned, hoping what I was saying made sense. "...So, let's just hope we do as good as we possibly can and uh, don't end up imprisoned."

"If we do..." she sighed, pausing for a moment. She sucked in a shaky breath. "...We won't see each other for a while."

"It's okay." I felt nerves itching at my insides, "it'll be okay."

"Well," she mumbled, just as I finished getting ready. I bit down on my lip hard, I could feel the tension in the van rising. "If that does happen, I, uh, I want to do something first."

I felt her hand snake around my wrist, pulling so that I would turn to face her. "Oh, yeah?" My voice wavered, that's embarrassing. "And what's that?"

She sighed softly, I could feel her hand shaking around my wrist. My heart was practically beating out of my chest. She inhaled deeply, opening her mouth to speak. She hesitated. Then, she looked me in the eyes, there was vulnerability in them. "Can I kiss you?"

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks at the question. I knew that my voice would crack if I spoke, or it would waver. I nodded as a response, putting a small smile on my face for reassurance. Wanda was relieved by my response-she didn't seem to mind my silence.

Her other hand slowly reached up, grazing along the side of my face. I let my free hand hold onto that wrist, brushing my thumb against it. She smiled softly before leaning in, and that was when I knew.

I could finally understand. All those years in the 40s, watching all the women gush over their men. No matter how hard I tried, I could never feel the same. I could never feel the spark of excitement when I was kissed by a man, or the blush at my cheeks as he held my hand.

But as Wanda's lips moved in sync with mine, I could feel the spark. The blush rising to my cheeks. The excitement deep in my bones. I didn't feel nervous anymore, as my hands had stopped shaking. My heart still raced wildly in my chest, threatening to break through my rib cage.

I wanted to stay in this moment forever. The rush I felt was unexplainable. I couldn't put into words how amazing I felt.

She smiled into the kiss, and so did I.

So, as I felt my legs turn to jelly, and my heart do somersaults, I could only think of one thing: I was absolutely in love with Wanda Maximoff.

-----
lizzie speaks...

anyway, y'all got what u came here for

the first version of this chapter: they kiss and then move on

the edited version:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 358 21
Book 1 // Tony had always thought his sister died in the car accident with his parents. That wasn't the case. Years later she's found in Sokovia, tes...
120K 3.1K 26
A paralysed girl...smaller than teenagers her age...but a mind stronger than most adults...with a not so good family life and difficulties to face ea...
4.2K 177 6
Disclaimer: All rights go to dearzoemurphy on AO3 who gave me permission to share their work -0-0-0- ...
225K 6.7K 50
'𝚠𝚘𝚠, 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚡𝚒𝚌.' '𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭.' Y/N Y/L/N was not your typi...