habits, supernatural [ 1 ]

By maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 2-8 ] Larissa Brewster Series: Habits Iris I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the sh... More

cast
001. meet the winchesters
002. america's first serial killer
003. possessed sam
004. gates to hell
005. hunters and the seven dwarfs
006. "what kind of psycho are you?"
007. sam's older date
008. dream root
009. ghostfacers
010. dean's year is up
011. bittersweet reunions
012. ghost witnesses
013. oktoberfest and pantophobia
014. wishes come true
015. angel radio girl
016. godzilla and mothra
017. girl in the walls
018. demon blood detox
019. start of the end of the world
020. war
021. two grumpy old men
022. convention antics
023. last day on earth
024. teen warlock boy
025. hunger
026. rising of the dead
027. dead winchesters
028. the whore
029. future sister-in-law
030. hotel full of gods
031. losing first loves
032. "did you kiss him?"
033. see you later
034. shapeshifting baby
035. kidnapping
036. vampire cure
037. soulless sam
038. his soul and apologies
039. spider-man
040. kidney ghost
041. tv world
042. khan worm
043. wild west
044. killing the mother
045. superman gone dark side
046. broken wall
047. leviathans
048. worried girlfriend and broken boyfriend
049. sam's me time
050. on trial
051. doppelgangers
052. town full of psychics
053. married the wrong woman
054. high dean
055. hanging by a thread
056. mother hen
057. fedora guy
058. amazons
059. clowns are bitches
060. insomnia
061. emmanuel
062. drunk spirit
063. lot of foxholes
064. tech genius
065. a kevin tran
066. vamptonite
067. killing dick roman
069. awkward reunion
070. badass mom
071. foot rubs
072. bobby 2.0
073. "my stomach's a watermelon!"
074. cartoon deaths
075. dirty trick
076. moondoor camp
077. time traveling grandfather
078. new home
079. first trial
080. "that was incredibly hot"
081. second trial
082. baby's first crime scene
083. dean rode a farty donkey
084. curing a demon
085. third trial
Book Two

068. blissful year

1.2K 49 50
By maybankwalker

Larissa and Sam have returned to Rufus' cabin while they decide what to do. Larissa is mostly leaving it up to Sam given Dean's his brother and everything. It's been about a week and Sam's been fixing up the Impala in the meantime.

Larissa sits on the couch next to Sam and hands him a bottle of water.

"Thanks." Sam mumbles, taking it.

"You figure out what you wanna do?" Larissa asks.

"What do you want to do?" Sam asks.

"Be with you." Larissa says with a small smile. Sam gives her a look. "I'm serious. Rather we're hunting or-or living some normal life or something, as long as I'm with you, I know I'll be good."

"I mean... Dean's dead, right?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. I mean... I'm not really sure what else he would be. Unless it's like when angels get banished with the sigil, but... still don't see how that works. If he was alive, he probably would've called by now." Larissa says.

"Am I dick for not even trying to look?" Sam asks.

"I don't think so. I mean, you guys have that promise. One of you dies and the other gets a normal, hunter-free life. I mean, if you wanna still hunt, I'm with you. But I'm also with you if you just wanna... drive around the country and work odd jobs. Or settle down and go back to college for a degree or something."

"Really?" Sam asks.

"Really." Larissa nods, kissing his cheek. "So?"

"I don't really wanna hunt anymore." Sam says.

"Okay. Then we won't hunt." Larissa states.

"I love you." Sam tells her.

"I love you, too." She pecks him on the lips. She rests her head on his shoulder and hugs his arm, knowing he still needs some silent comfort.

+++

Sam is driving and it's nighttime while Larissa sits in the passenger seat. She's half asleep, but is having trouble actually getting to sleep. Larissa rubs her eyes as she lets out a small whine for not being able to sleep.

"You want, like... a blanket or something?" Sam asks.

"No. No, I'm... I'm good." Larissa dismisses.

"You sure?" Sam asks with a small laugh.

Larissa looks in the backseat and reaches back for the blanket. She grabs it and starts to unfold it, glancing up at the road. Her eyes widen when she spots a dog.

"Sam, stop!" She shouts. Sam slams on the brakes, but he still hits the dog. "Oh, my God."

"Shit!" The two quickly get out of the car and rush to the wounded dog.

"Oh, baby. Baby, we are so sorry." Larissa apologizes to the dog, gently petting its head.

"Are you apologizing to a dog?" Sam asks.

"Yes. They have ears... and feelings." Larissa states.

"What-what do we do?" Sam asks.

"Take him to a vet." Larissa says. "Here, pick him up." Sam carefully lifts the dog up and follows Larissa to one of the backdoors and she holds it open. Sam puts the dog on the seat, the couple quickly getting in, and Sam drives off.

"Okay, nearest vet is about 15 minutes away." Larissa says, showing the GPS on her phone to Sam. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" She smacks Sam's arm.

"Hey-- ow!" Sam cries.

"Why would you hit a precious, innocent dog?"

"I didn't plan on it. What, you think I was bored and just went, "Oh, hey, there's a dog. Let me hit it. Spice the night up."" Sam remarks.

"How dare you." Larissa says, turning around in her seat to comfort the dog.

"It was an accident. You can't get this pressed over an accident." Sam grumbles.

~ ~ ~

They get to the vet and Sam carries the dog in.

"Help. We need help. The dog needs help." Sam says.

"That way!" Roberta points to the back.

"He just-- he just came out of nowhere, right in front of my car." Sam lays the dog on the table. "We need a doctor. Are you a doctor?"

"The doctor's coming, sir. But I'm not sure--"

"You're not sure what? This is an animal hospital! You save animals." Sam says.

"Okay, Sammy--"

"Sir." Roberta says.

"Save this animal!" Sam yells.

"Sammy, relax. Relax. Breathe." Larissa demands.

"Roberta, can you escort this gentleman and woman out, please?" The vet asks.

"Yes." Roberta answers.

"I did this." Sam says.

"Okay, babe, you're gonna get us kicked out of a damn veterinarian. Just chill out and go." Larissa gently pushes him towards the door and into the waiting room. Roberta goes back behind the desk.

"I am so sorry for him. He just... he gets... loud when he's worried." Larissa tells Roberta. "And-And it's been a long night, which is no reason to yell at you, I'm sorry."

"Thanks." Roberta mumbles and Larissa walks over to where Sam is sitting.

"Be nice." Larissa hisses, pinching his arm.

"Ow." Sam mumbles.

"Look, I know you're stressed and worried about the dog, but don't snap at the people who are going to help him." Larissa whispers.

"Sorry." Sam whispers, running his hands through his hair.

~ ~ ~

After a while, the vet walks out, Sam and Larissa standing up.

"He's sustained some serious internal bleeding. There's at least two leg fractures that I can see right now. But with TLC, he should pull through for you." The vet says.

"Thanks, doctor." Sam sighs in relief.

"Thank you." Larissa tells her.

"You're gonna take the dog?" The vet asks.

"Look, I-I would. He's... not mine." Sam says.

"He's not anybody's." The vet says.

"We spend a lot of time on the road." Sam says.

"Don't you think you're responsible?" The vet asks.

"Why do you think I brought him here?" Sam asks.

"Roberta, could you hand this man and woman a trophy on their way out, please? Well, maybe if you were such an upstanding guy, you wouldn't have hit him in the first place."

"Okay, okay. Can we-- let's just-- tone down the hostility -- both of you, please." Larissa says. "We will take the dog... and not just because you're really good at guilt tripping." She states.

"Wha--" Sam looks at her. Larissa gives him a stern look and Sam sighs. "We'll take the dog."

+++

The two get to the motel with the dog who lays on the floor.

"So... I'll go shopping for dog food and stuff, I guess." Sam says. "We have to stay for his, uh, follow up stuff. Then we can leave, I guess."

"Cool." Larissa says.

"Are you mad?" Sam asks.

"I'm not mad. Just a little... peeved. You could be nicer." Larissa comments.

"She wasn't so great, either." Sam states.

"Yeah, I-I know. She could also be nicer. Just... both of you needed to chill even though it was a tense situation." Larissa says.

"I'm sorry I hit the dog." Sam says, wrapping his arms around Larissa's waist.

"Good to know. And I forgive you because it was an accident. But you have to do one thing." Larissa says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"Apologize to the dog." Larissa says.

"What?" Sam chuckles.

"Apologize to the dog. Like I said, they have ears and feelings. He deserves a huge apology from the man that hit him." Larissa states.

"I-- okay." Sam kneels next to the dog, gently petting his head. "Dog... I am so very sorry for hitting you. I didn't mean to and I will be more careful when driving so I don't accidentally hit any others in your species... or you again."

"There you go." Larissa pats Sam on the head. "We need to name him, though."

"Isn't Dog just good enough?" Sam asks.

"Dog? Are you serious?" Larissa asks. Sam shrugs. 

"I mean, isn't that kind of good enough?" Sam asks.

"Okay... Human." Larissa says.

"Wha-- Lissy." Sam sighs. "It isn't that bad of a name."

"Okay, well, I'm getting in the shower, Human." Larissa says.

"Are you gonna call me that until we actually name him?" Sam asks.

"I don't know, Human. Guess we'll find out." Larissa says, going into the bathroom.

"Okay." Sam sighs. "Two can play at this game, Human!" He loudly states so she can hear.

~ ~ ~

Larissa gets out of the shower, drying her hair with the towel. She finds Sam sitting on the couch and the dog is lying next to him, his head on Sam's lap.

"I got one." Sam says.

"What?" Larissa asks.

"What about... Riot?" Sam asks.

"Riot?" Larissa asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, you know, it's... it's a name, and... I don't know, babe. I don't name things." Sam says.

"Riot, Riot, Riot." Larissa whispers under breath. "Okay. We'll go with Riot." She smiles.

+++

"Everett. Hey, buddy, you still on duty?" Sam asks, him and Larissa walking into the lobby, Sam holding Riot's leash.

"Yeah, yeah." Everett answers.

"How's your dad?" Sam asks.

"He's kind of having it rough on the new regimen. Can't keep anything down." Everett says.

"That sucks." Sam says.

"Yeah." Everett mumbles.

"Listen, um, I'm gonna stay on another week, okay? But I need you to run it on this card cause I just canceled the one you had on file." Sam says, putting his card on the counter.

"Okay, sure. Figured you guys would have moved on by now." Everett says.

"Right. Well, I'm-- we're kind of in between jobs. Uh... plus, uh, dog has a surgery follow up on Tuesday." Sam says.

"Yeah, you really messed up that dog." Everett says.

"Right. Uh, thanks for that." Sam says, sending a look to Larissa.

"I'm not defending. You're the one who hit him." Larissa says.

"Wha-- I thought you forgave me." Sam says.

"I did. But you're still gonna shit for it." Larissa states.

The trio's attention goes to the noisy air conditioner.

"Oh, yeah, it's all that thing does. Piss, moan, and eat up money we ain't got." Everett says.

"Well, you got any tools?" Sam asks.

"Hell, if you can fix it, you don't need to go and look for a job. You got one here." Everett says.

+++

Sam and Larissa lie in bed and Riot is asleep on the couch. Larissa is playing with Sam's hand as the two are in the dark, ready to go to sleep whenever they actually try to.

"So, uh... I figured since we appear to be staying here for a while. You know, since, um... since you have this new job now and stuff. I was thinking of getting one." Larissa says.

"What are you thinking?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. I figured I could try to see if a diner or bar is hiring. Go back to waitressing." Larissa says.

"Waitressing?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, it's... it's not always the best, but it had its moments. It wouldn't be the worst thing to start up again." Larissa says.

"Whatever you want to do. I support you fully." Sam says, smiling at her.

"I've also been thinking... are we just gonna live in motels or are we, like... saving up for some sort of house or some shit?" Larissa asks.

"Uh... that's a big question." Sam weakly chuckles.

"Sorry." Larissa mumbles.

"No. No, you're fine. Um... I don't know. I mean, obviously, a house wouldn't be too bad. Much better than these motel rooms." Sam says.

"What about, uh... having a kid?" Larissa asks.

"I wouldn't mind. But if we do, we might wanna get a house and more money first." Sam says.

"Agreed." Larissa nods.

+++

Sam walks into the motel room, stopping short at what he finds. The table has a meal on it and a cake is in the middle. Larissa stands by the table with a proud smile, Riot sitting near her.

"What's this?" Sam chuckles, shutting the door.

"Your birthday." Larissa says.

"Seriously?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Well, we celebrated my birthday... and now that we're, you know, normal people or whatever. We can celebrate yours, too." Larissa says.

"You tried to get out of celebrating your birthday." Sam recalls.

"And you didn't let me skip out. Therefore, I'm not letting you skip out, rather you like it or not." Larissa smiles.

"Okay, okay. Fair enough." Sam says. Larissa grabs his hand, leading him to the table.

"You don't want a beer?" Sam asks, noticing only one beer bottle on the table and a glass of water on the other side.

"Oh, no, I have an early shift tomorrow, so don't really wanna... you know, risk anything." Larissa says.

"I thought you had tomorrow off." Sam says, sitting down.

"Well, I did, but Lucy called in sick, so I offered to cover her shift." Larissa says with a shrug.

~ ~ ~

They finish eating the cake, Larissa surprised that Sam actually ate some.

"Who knew? You are actually capable of eating dessert." Larissa says.

"Okay, I'm not that much of a health nut, am I? It's just... it's balance." Sam says.

"Yeah, yeah, okay. Am I gonna catch you overdosing on rabbit food tomorrow?" Larissa asks.

"Maybe." Sam mumbles, taking a sip of his beer. Larissa smiles and lightly rolls her eyes.

"I, um... I do have a present for you, though." Larissa says, picking up a wrapped gift from her seat.

"Lissy, you-you really didn't have to. I mean, the-the food is enough." Sam says.

"Well, I... just open it." She says, holding it out to him.

Sam takes the small box in the shape of a rectangle.

"What, is it a watch or something?" Sam asks, shaking the box.

"Would you just open it?" Larissa asks. She twists the ends of her hair around her fingers, biting the inside of her cheek.

"Okay, okay." Sam chuckles at her impatience. Sam takes the top of the box open and looks at what's inside, feeling his heart stop, his jaw falling slack.

"That... that means positive, right?" Sam asks, looking at the two lines.

"Mm-hmm." Larissa nods.

"You-- you're-- this is-- you're pregnant?" Sam stammers.

"Yeah." She nods. Sam looks between her and the test in shock. "Can you... like, say something? Positive or negative so I know whether to slap or kiss you."

"Oh, my God." Sam laughs, a giant grin on his face. "I can't believe this."

"That's a-a good "I can't believe this," right?" Larissa asks.

"Yes! Yes." Sam assures, nodding. He gets up and walks over to her. "We made a baby." He cups her face and kisses her. They pull away after a few moments.

"So, uh... this isn't upsetting? You know, with us still living in a motel and all?" Larissa asks.

"Upsetting? Baby, no fucking way. This is amazing." Sam tells her. "Are you upset?"

"No. No, of course not. I just-- I was really scared that you wouldn't... you know, we aren't super ready financially or anything, and--"

"Hey, hey." Sam cuts her off. "We will figure all of that out. I promise. As long as we love and care about this baby, then we are doing our best."

Larissa smiles, reaching up and kissing Sam again.

+++

The two lie in bed after putting away the leftovers from dinner. Larissa is lying on her back and Sam is lying on his side and gently drumming his fingers over her stomach.

"So... do you want a boy or a girl?" Larissa asks.

"I want a healthy baby." Sam says.

"Well, yeah, I know. I do, too. But do you want a boy or a girl?" Larissa asks again. Sam sighs as he thinks about it.

"A girl. An adorable baby girl who looks just like her mama." Sam says.

"Stop. You're gonna make me blush." Larissa teases making Sam laugh. 

"Okay, well, what do you want?" Sam asks.

"I think I'd like a boy... who looks just like his dad." Larissa smirks a little.

"Ugh, Lissy, you're gonna make me blush." Sam mocks making her laugh.

"Well, whichever gender it is, it needs to have your dimples." Larissa states.

"My dimples?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. I love your dimples." Larissa says. Sam softly smiles and Larissa pokes one of his dimples.

"They need your pretty green eyes." Sam says. "I can't really poke your eye, so..." The two quietly laugh.

"You could, it'd just hurt." Larissa says.

"Yeah, well, I don't wanna hurt you, so, not happening." Sam says, kissing her on the cheek. "Do you want them to have my puppy dog eyes?"

"I mean... maybe." Larissa says. "On the one hand, absolutely adorable -- to die for. On the other hand... absolutely adorable... will never be able to say no. I mean, I crack enough with you, but my kid having them... God. And you. You would never say no."

"I would totally say no."

"No, you wouldn't. I can see it now. One glance at puppy dog eyes and, bam--" Larissa snaps her fingers. "--you're a goner. Especially if it is a girl."

"I would not." Sam argues.

"I bet you ten bucks that you cave at least 90% of the time." Larissa says.

"Deal." Sam shakes her hand.

"Deal." She echoes. "You're gonna owe me ten bucks someday."

"No, you're gonna owe me ten bucks." Sam argues.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Larissa lets out a small laugh.

"What about names?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Well, I do know one thing. If it's a girl, her middle name needs to be Joanna." Larissa states.

"Why?" Sam asks.

"For Jo. It's just-- when we were, like, fourteen... we made a promise that if and when we ever had daughters, their middle name would be ours. My daughter's middle name would be Joanna and her daughter's middle name would've been Larissa. And even though she's... she's gone... I don't wanna break the promise."

"Okay." Sam nods, rubbing his thumb over her stomach. "So, Blank Joanna Winchester." 

"Exactly." Larissa says.

"If it's a boy, I would kind of like the middle name to be Dean." Sam says.

"Done." Larissa says. "Blank Dean Winchester."

"Exactly." Sam lightly laughs. 

"Do you want their names to mean something? You know, be all, like... philosophical and shit?" Larissa asks.

"It'd be kind of cool, but it's not the major priority or anything. Long as we like it." Sam says.

"Well... least we have middle names figured out."

"One baby step at a time."

+++

They're at the doctor's for the first ultrasound and Larissa is lying on the chair. Sam is standing next to her, his hand in hers, his thumb rubbing the back of her hand.

"Okay... this is gonna be a little cold." The doctor warns, rubbing the gel over Larissa's stomach. The woman slightly shivers, but doesn't find it too bad. "Ready?" The woman asks and Larissa nods. She moves the transducer over Larissa's stomach, the three watching the screen.

"Everything's looking great. And... that is your baby." The doctor points to a spot on the screen. 

"It's so tiny." Sam whispers making Larissa quietly laugh.

After finishing the doctor leaves to get the photos and Larissa wipes the gel off her stomach.

"So, uh... I didn't wanna look like a total idiot in front of the doc, but, um... what exactly is the baby?" Sam asks. Larissa quietly laughs, but it soon turns into full blown laughter. "What? Come on, you're making me feel dumb."

"No. No, I'm-- I'm sorry." Larissa says, catching her breath. "That's not-- I'm not trying to. I'm... I'm laughing because I was gonna ask you the same thing."

Sam stares at her for a few moments before he starts laughing. Soon enough, both are laughing as they try to figure out where the baby is on the screen.

+++

Sam and Larissa bought a small two bedroom house a couple weeks ago and have been moving in.

"Sammy, I can carry a couple of boxes." Larissa says.

"You're four months pregnant. I don't think so." Sam says.

"Yeah, four months. Not nine." Larissa says, rubbing her stomach.

"Well, it's getting closer, and I'm not letting Baby Winchester get hurt by you straining yourself. Just... just sit down, don't stress over anything. I got this." Sam says.

"God, you are so much worse than I thought you would be." Larissa comments. Sam sighs, putting the boxes down.

"I just don't want you or the baby getting hurt." Sam says as he gently pushes her onto the couch and squats in front of her.

"Okay, okay, fine." Larissa rolls her eyes. "Oh." She straightens up, frowning.

"What?" Sam asks, worried. "What? What's wrong?"

Larissa lets out a quiet groan, holding her stomach.

"What? Do you-- what happened?" Sam asks, starting to freak out.

"Oh, my God." Larissa lets out a quiet laugh.

"What? Are you okay?" Sam asks.

"The baby's kicking." Larissa says.

"What?" He asks.

"She's kicking. The baby's kicking." Larissa says. "Here, feel." She grabs Sam's hand and places it on her stomach. Sam feels a force against his hand making him reel his hand back.

Larissa laughs, putting her hand on her stomach and feeling the baby kick after a few moments.

"Isn't that cool?" Larissa asks.

"It's... it's a little creepy." Sam mumbles.

"Sam." Larissa frowns.

"I-I mean, it's cool. It's healthy. It just-- ugh!" Sam shivers.

"Are you serious?" Larissa asks.

"Yes. It's just... weird. Uncomfortable."

"Well, then I guess you're lucky you're not the one pregnant."

"Very." Sam agrees making Larissa lightly roll her eyes. Sam suddenly lets out a short chuckle.

"What?" She asks.

"You said "she."" Sam smiles.

"No, I didn't." Larissa argues.

"Yes, you did." Sam nods. "I'm rubbing off on you."

"You are not." Larissa rolls her eyes.

"Yes, I am."

"No. You are team girl, I am team boy."

"You know... we could go to the doctor's and find out."

"Sam, we agreed to wait until birth."

"Yeah. Yeah, I know. Just getting a little impatient."

"Yeah, I get it. But we agreed to wait. Long as he is--"

"Or she."

Or she. Long as the baby is healthy, we don't care."

"And yet we still bet five bucks on it."

"Shut up." She tells him and he laughs. He leans forward, kissing her.

"It'll be a girl." Sam mumbles against her lips.

"Boy." She says against his lips.

"Girl."

"Boy."

"Girl."

"Boy."

"Girl."

"Are we... are we really arguing while we kiss?" Larissa asks. Sam stops his movements.

"Yes. Yes, we are." He nods. "Because it's gonna be a girl."

"It's gonna be a boy." Larissa gently hits his chest.

"Well... guess we'll just have to find out in five months." Sam says.

"I guess we will." Larissa grins and kisses him again.

========================

Baby moose #1 on board!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.4K 1K 71
[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DO NOT own Supernatural...
52K 1.8K 84
[ supernatural -- seasons 12-15 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatura...
108K 3.6K 17
→ ❝ oh, sweet child of mine! ❞ If being bound meant she was incomplete: she would much rather have been alone. [COMPLETED] supernatural / n...
239K 5.5K 116
[ supernatural -- season 1-5 ] Natalie Winchester Series: Family Line Anti-Hero I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show's characters or storylines...