My Brother From Another Unive...

Von KemasGift

Teenage inventor Avan Allen creates a one of a kind invention that can transport things and people from one p... Mehr

1: Parallel Universes
2: Parallel High School
3: Rats & Crackers
4: Technical Difficulties
5: Party Invite
6: Rave Craze
8: Friday Night Rave
9: Truth or Dare
10: Invention MIA
11: Everyone is a Suspect
12: The Plan
13: Burglar Reveal
14: Mysterious Stranger
15: Mission Dinner Date
16: Inventor For Hire
17: Lab Chase
18: Welcome to The Team
19: Burglar Alert

7: Party People

3 1 0
Von KemasGift

"Done! And with four hours, twenty minutes to spare," I say as soon as I'm done fixing my invention and heave a huge sigh of relief. I have never felt so fulfilled my entire life. I now have the chance to participate and win in the contest. And even if I do not win, it's still a huge win for me because my invention would be made known to the world and I would also get to become a recognized inventor thereby becoming a member of the IAI. It's almost like a dream come true.

"That's great! I'm happy for you friend," Travis says and shakes my hand.

"And I'm so happy I'm finally back on track to compete at one of the two biggest inventing competitions in the world!" I exclaim.

"What is the other big inventing contest?" Travis asks.

"The Global Inventors Contest of course, but it's for adults above twenty which is why they introduced the Global Young Inventors Contest for teenagers," I explain.

"So what is the grand prize for winning this contest?"

"Well, there's the huge cash prize of half a million dollars—"

Travis whistles. "That's a whole lot of money."

I take a breath before I begin to mention the perks of becoming the winner of the contest, "It sure is. Then there's the recognition and fame that comes with winning such a prestigious award, the access to first class equipment and labs for invention, fully funded researches, and, having the title of a renowned inventor. Not to mention I would also get a sponsorship into any university of my choice when I graduate high school!

"Winning this contest comes with a lot of perks and that's why young inventors from around the world put in their very best to produce an invention that would not only blow people's minds, but become an innovative scientific breakthrough which would be of importance to the world and to mankind."

"Wow, that's huge, but it also requires a lot of hard work and brainpower," Travis says.

"Yes, which is why it took me two weeks to come up with the plan for my invention, and eight months to build it. It was no small task but I'm glad it turned out perfectly. All my hardwork paid off and it's going to pay even more when I win the award," I say, feeling proud of myself.

"If I win, I'll become the youngest member of the IAI," I muse.

"I really do hope you win this award and I'll be there to cheer you every step of the way."

"Thanks, that means a lot."

"By the way, what is the dress code for the party so I can get prepared for it?" Travis asks.

I chuckle. "There are no dress codes for parties in this universe, unless it's a costume party where there is a theme everyone has to dress by. Other than that, you can wear whatever you feel like, it's a free world and it's a free country. Besides, it's just a party organized by a lousy seventeen year old so even if you were to go in just your underwear, he wouldn't give a damn."

This earns a hearty laugh from Travis. "Why would I show up at a party in just my underwear?"

"Some crazy teens do it just to give others a good laugh. It's not something new at teenage parties." I shrug.

"I'll just wear whatever I lay my hands on and hope it's not a fashion blunder," he says with a chuckle.

"That's what Austin's here for, she's the fashion police around here. No one leaves this house wearing mismatched clothes or unflattering color combos, at least not if she can help it," I tell him and he smiles.

"Then I'll seek her opinion on what to wear to the party."

"She'd be more than glad to help you with that."

"Who'd be more than glad to help him?" Austin suddenly asks and we turn to see her leaning by the door.

"How long have you been standing there?" I ask.

"Twenty seconds," she replies curtly.

"Dinner's ready. Mom has a sore throat so she doesn't want to yell tonight," she announces and I stand up.

"Mom's already made dinner? I didn't even know when she and dad got home," I say.

"They've been home for a while now. I told them you were working on your invention so they didn't want to bother you. And, come down for dinner soon so mom can let us eat." And with that, she leaves the room with the door open, with the aim of prompting us to leave after her because mom never lets anyone eat unless everyone is seated at the table.

"Come on, let's not keep them waiting," I say to Travis and we go downstairs for dinner.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

"Hey mom, hey dad," I greet as I hug my parents and sit down beside mom while Travis sits beside me, opposite Austin.

"Avan," mom calls lovingly but her sore throat makes her voice sound coarse. "Austin told us you were working on your invention. Aww my baby is working so hard, I hope that all your hard work and efforts reap good dividends for you."

I beam at her as she serves me dinner; mac and cheese.

"Thanks mom."

"Is it finally fixed now?"

"Yeah, I'll just do a little test run and we're ready to go," I say.

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Mom exclaims and engulfs me in an unexpected hug while dad reaches out to ruffle my hair.

"That's my son aka future award-winning global inventor aka innovative genius!" he says and I smile sheepishly. My parents have so much faith in me and are so supportive of my dreams.

"Is this dish made of cheese?" Travis asks.

"Yeah, it's macaroni and cheese, my special recipe," mom tells him.

"I love it."

"Do you want more?" Mom offers.

"Of course," Travis accepts and mom dishes him another serving of mac and cheese.

Mom's recipes are classic and it comes as no surprise that Travis who is a complete stranger to some of our food in this universe finds all her meals tasty and delicious. I for one would choose mom's cooking over eating out. It's just that mom can be very busy sometimes and can't cook all the time due to her schedule.

"I think this is the right time to tell you guys that I need a phone," Travis speaks after a few minutes of silence.

Mom and dad look up at him in unison and then at each other.

"What do you need a phone for? You'll be going back to your universe soon," dad says.

"Well, not so soon."

"What do you mean? Avan's invention is all fixed as he said." And that was Austin, who I'm guessing doesn't want Travis to stay here another second.

"I want to stay here a bit longer, I really like this universe," he tells her.

"That's wonderful," Austin comments sarcastically.

"You are welcome to stay for as long as you want, Travis, this house has become your home too," mom says.

"And about that phone, hmm, we'll think about it," dad adds and mom nods in agreement, causing Travis to vibrate with anticipated excitement.

"This can't be happening," Austin grumbles.

"By the way, Austin, I need someone to help me choose an outfit for the party. Avan said you are just the person," Travis tells her, causing her to scoff.

"As if," she says and continues eating.

"Okay," Travis says happily. I'm guessing he doesn't know the meaning of what Austin said and thinks she wants to help him. He really wants to spend time with her, but I'll just have to explain to him later and let him know that the feelings aren't mutual.

After dinner, Austin tries to avoid washing the dishes so I would have to do them but mom and dad give her a condition and she is left with no other option but to grumble her way into the kitchen and do the dishes. You can only run away from your responsibilities for so long, Austin.

There's no big deal in doing the dishes, we have a dishwasher so I don't get why Austin avoids the chore like a plague. If mom and dad hadn't put her going to the party on the line, we would've had to argue once again about who is washing the dishes.

♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠ ♠

"How do I look?" Travis asks me, sporting an ugly orange button-up shirt, a pair of jeans and sneakers.

I had been against him buying this shirt the day we went shopping but he claimed to love the ridiculous design which he described as 'interesting'. The design is indeed interesting with the unnecessary red stripes at the side.

"You look... absolutely ridiculous. I mean, that shirt is painfully hideous to look at," I reply.

"I thought it looked really good," he says with a pout.

"It would've looked good if you weren't wearing that shirt," I state. "The jeans and shoes are totally fire, I mean, I chose them."

"This shirt looks pretty 'fire' to me." He does air quotes when saying fire and I roll my eyes.

"You don't know what fire means, do you?"

He shrugs. "I don't know, but I guess it's a good thing."

"Austin won't let you attend the party looking like that," I inform him.

"Then I better go show her my outfit to hear what she has to say about it," he says with a smirk.

"But does it really look bad?" He asks.

"Are you even asking that?" I deadpan and he leaves the room in search of Austin.

I look into the mirror and smile at myself. I am putting on a white shirt, a cool navy blue jacket which I bought the day Travis and I went shopping and a pair of my favorite jeans. If I am going to make my move on Wyndy, then I better look good and feel good.

I go downstairs and jump onto the sofa. I look at my watch, the time is nine forty-three.

"Travis! Austin!" I call out. "I think we should start heading out, we don't wanna be late to the party!"

Austin saunters downstairs dressed in all black: a fashionable black top, black shorts and black high heeled sandals. Her hair is let down and sleeked to perfection. I have to admit that she's really pretty– if only she isn't so arrogant about it.

"A party gets good when it's an hour or two into it so there's no way we can be late to the party," she tells me as she sits beside me with her legs crossed.

"I'm only going early because we have to be back by midnight," she adds wearily.

"Where's Travis?" I ask.

"He's in your room getting ready."

After a few minutes, Travis comes downstairs in a black and white shirt; another classic I got him the day we went shopping.

"Now you look dressed to party," Austin comments with a satisfied smile.

"Then let's go party!"

We walk to the door and are about to step out when I stop them. "We're supposed to let mom and dad know that we're leaving, and also collect mom's car keys," I say.

"Mom! Dad! We're leaving for the party!" Austin announces, then turns to me with a sweet smile.

"There, let's go," she says and brings out mom's car keys from her pocket, brandishing it in my face.

Mom gave us the permission to take her car to the party with the condition that she would use our allowance to get it fixed if anything happened to it. I would've asked dad since his ride is sweeter, but never in a million years would he let us drive his car, not after what happened last time.

Allow me to give you a little flashback of what happened last time: In July when Austin and I had to attend a Fourth of July Celebration Party thrown by one of our friends, we literally begged our dad to let us take his car, and he reluctantly agreed, after making us promise to be extra careful with it. Well, fast forward to the part where we had to beg him once again, but this time for his forgiveness as we let our friends into the car without supervision and also let them take it for a short drive because they 'adored' the car. They had soaked the seats with their alcohol and almost completely destroyed the hood of the car without any remorse.

So yeah, dad is never in a million years letting us take his car to any parties or anywhere for that matter. And we are never trusting any of our friends with any vehicle that belongs to us or our parents, especially when they're high on alcohol and party madness.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!" Travis says and before we know it, he is out the door and inside the car.

Austin and I follow him outside but don't get into the car as we have a squabble about who is going to drive before reaching an agreement. Austin would drive us to the party since she is the one who got the keys, then I would drive us back home since I don't usually drink at parties.

We get into the car and I sit in the back with Travis because I do not want to sit beside Austin. She conveniently places her purse on the passenger seat and starts the car.

"Twins," Travis muses with a chuckle.

"What do you mean?" I ask him.

"Two of my friends who are twins fight and argue like this almost all the time, and I think this is more peculiar to twins who are not of the same gender."

"We only have fights because Avan is my brother. I don't have a choice but to put up with him," Austin quips.

"I should be saying the same thing about you," I retort.

"That's enough, you two. There will be no fighting in this car and for the rest of the night," Travis chides us.

"Whatever," we mumble, causing him to chuckle once more.

When we get to Chris' compound, Austin carefully parks the car where it can't get easily hit by another car.

"I think this parking spot is safe enough," she says as she locks the car and struts beside Travis and I.

As we make our way to the house, I take a look at the building; it is a big house, probably bigger than ours. There are a couple of expensive looking cars parked in the spacious compound, beautiful and properly sheared plant flowers decorated the entire front area of the building and red, blue and green lights flashed from the windows on the first floor. The exterior looks quite decent, I can't wait to see the interior... and to party with Wyndy.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

3.9K 130 11
The concept of temporal displacement, in sociology, refers to the idea that new forms of activities may replace older ones. New activities that cause...
Free Minds Von ZaPha

Jugendliteratur

6.5K 1.3K 122
A 5x Wattpad Featured Novel✨! Consider this: You make a life altering decision not too long ago that you reconsider everyday and as if that isn't eno...
30.4K 1.2K 27
She should have paid attention to Uncle Wong's lesson on the rules of travelling through different dimensions. Instead, after blacking out and fighti...
Edison Von tabrison

Aktuelle Literatur

1K 156 21
Fourteen-year-old Edison Green may be a genius, but he doesn't have a clue about what to do on his first day of high school. After being homeschoole...