The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule's...

By joestarlink

25 years after the events of "Breath of the Wild", Princess Rhiannon must balance her life as a princess and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11: The Lost Princess of Hyrule, Part 1
Chapter 12: The Lost Princess of Hyrule, Part 2
Chapter 13: Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Part 1
Chapter 14: Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Part 2
Chapter 15: Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Part 3
Chapter 16: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 1
Chapter 17: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 2
Chapter 18: Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Part 3
Chapter 19: The Sword That Seals the Darkness
Chapter 20: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 1
Chapter 21: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 2
Chapter 22: Divine Beast Vah Medoh, Part 3
Chapter 23: Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Part 1
Chapter 24: Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Part 2
Chapter 25: Divine Beast Vah Naboris, Part 3
Chapter 26: The Spring of Courage, Part 1
Chapter 27: The Spring of Courage, Part 2
Chapter 28: The Spring of Courage, Part 3
Chapter 29: Calamity Link, Part 1
Chapter 30: Calamity Link, Part 2
Chapter 31: Calamity Link, Part 3
Chapter 32: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 1
Chapter 33: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 2
Chapter 34: The Spring of Wisdom, Part 3
Chapter 35: The Spring of Power, Part 1
Chapter 36: The Spring of Power, Part 2
Chapter 37: The Spring of Power, Part 3
Chapter 39: Rhiannon's Lullaby, Part 2
Chapter 40: Rhiannon's Lullaby, Part 3
Chapter 41: Starlight, Part 1
Chapter 42: Starlight, Part 2
Chapter 43: Starlight, Part 3
Chapter 44: Judgment Day, Part 1 -- Reinvention
Chapter 45: Judgment Day, Part 2 -- Black Wedding
Chapter 46: Judgment Day, Part 3 -- Holy War, The Punishment Due
Chapter 47: Judgment Day, Part 4 -- Bad Moon Rising
Chapter 48: The Reawakening, Part 1
Chapter 49: The Reawakening, Part 2

Chapter 38: Rhiannon's Lullaby, Part 1

108 0 0
By joestarlink

The day after leaving the Spring of Power, Link took the gang down to Lurelin Village. "Why are we down here again?" Rhiannon asked. "Hey, champ, listen," Link answered, "you need a break. You've been working too hard since you resurrected. You need to sit down and relax."

"Relax?!" Rhiannon gasped, "I don't need to relax! There's still so much to do! We have to go find Joji's Beast! A-And that witch Ratna is still out and about hunting us! And you're saying we should lower our guards and relax?!"

"Why don't you go join Dori to play beach ball?" Link suggested, "Take your mind off all of this, champ. An overworked soldier is not a well-performing soldier."

"Ugh, fine," Rhiannon rolled her eyes. She walked over to the shore where Dori was playing beach ball with two young villagers. "Oh, hey, Rhia!" Dori smiled, "You wanna join?"

"Sure," Rhiannon shrugged. They stood next to Dori, watching how she would return the ball across a long fishing net. Rhiannon would only touch the ball when it came towards them, but the rest of the time it was Dori who would do all the work. "Come on, Rhia!" she exclaimed, "We're down by 8 points! I'm doing all the work here!"

"I-I'm sorry," Rhiannon said, "I'm just worried... Joji's Beast could be detonated at any time..."

"You have to relax, Rhia," Dori sighed, "what's the worse that can happen, anyway?"

There was a loud explosion. The booming echo resonated in every corner of Hyrule. "What is that?!" Rhiannon looked up to see a red light beam shooting towards the sky, making the skies turn blood red as fire began to rain. "It's happening!" Rhiannon cried, "It's happening! It's too late!"

"Rhiannon? Rhiannon!" Dori shook them vigorously, "Wake up!"

Rhiannon opened their eyes to realize it had all been a hallucination. The skies were bright blue, the sun would make the sea sparkle, and everyone around continued as usual. "W-What happened?" Rhiannon stuttered, "D-Didn't you hear the loud explosion? O-Or the light beam?"

"I'm pretty sure you imagined all that," Dori answered, "you're too stressed that your mind is beginning to make you hallucinate. You have to relax."

"I can't relax!" Rhiannon argued, "Joji's Beast is still out there! What if that witch Ratna is behind it too?"

"Ratna Schmatna," Dori groaned, "We can deal with her later!"

"Maybe I need a drink or something," Rhiannon sighed, "Daron!"

"Yes, princess?" Daron approached them obediently. "Bring me a palm fruit drink," the princess commanded. "Right away, Your Highness," Daron then walked away in search of palm fruit. Rhiannon let out a deep sigh before joining Link underneath a palm tree, resting their head on their hands. Dori returned to the beach ball game without a problem. "Here's the palm fruit you requested, princess," Daron said, handing Rhiannon a palm fruit with a straw through it, "I hope it is of your liking. General, would you like a drink?"

"No, thanks," Link answered, "as you were, soldier."

Daron walked away towards the entrance of the village where he had been standing guard since the group's arrival. "I don't know what got into Daron but ever since he stopped obsessing over you, he's become so efficient," Link said, "I only wish he had been like that 25 years ago."

"He mentioned that he changed his mind when Joji told him he wanted to kill me," Rhiannon answered, "I kinda like this new Daron, he's matured in a way."

"Indeed," Link nodded as Rhiannon took a sip of her palm fruit. Across the beach, Zya tried to get Aya to walk into the sea. "I promise I will not let you go, Aya," Zya said, "I will be holding on to you."

"I... I don't know..." Aya stuttered, "I'm nervous..."

"You cannot get over your fear of swimming if you do not face it first," Zya said. "Says the one with vertigo!" Aya exclaimed. Zya sighed in exasperation. "Alright," she said, "let's make a deal. I will face my fear of heights if you face your fear of swimming, yes?"

"F-Fine," Aya said begrudgingly, "alright, here I come..."

She held on tightly to the Zora queen's wrists, slowly walking into the water. "You're doing it!" Zya exclaimed, "Now, just as we practiced–"

"Gah! It's too deep!" Aya cried, "I'm going to drown! I can't feel the bottom!"

"Aya, we are not in the deep part yet," Zya said, "just stand up."

Aya then obeyed, standing up just as she had said. "Oh..." she gasped as her face turned red, "I-I'm embarrassed..."

"As I was saying," Zya said, "just as we practiced. Paddle with your feet and direct with your arms. Ready?"

"S-Sure," Aya nodded shyly. "Alright," Zya smiled, "one, two, three!"

Aya began paddling as she held on to Zya, increasing speed slowly. "Am I doing it?" she asked. "Yes, you're doing great, dear!" Zya smiled, "Keep doing it!"

"Father, can we leave?" Rhiannon asked. "Wha–? We just got here!" Link said. "C'mon, we still have a lot to do!" Rhiannon said, "We still have to–"

"Rhiannon, sit down," Link commanded, "I don't wanna hear it for the hundredth time."

"So we're just gonna stay here and slack off?!" Rhiannon gasped, "We'll lower our guard and that witch Ratna will attack us! Oh, when I see her again, I'll smash her skull!"

She crushed the palm fruit with her bare hands. The fruit crumbled easily, falling on the sand gently. "Rhiannon, you are tense," Link said, "you are overworked and stressed out. And I hate to repeat myself but an overworked soldier is not a well-performing soldier."

"Ugh," Rhiannon rolled their eyes, "Great! Let's give Ratna, Joji, and Ganon the upper hand!"

"It's not slacking off, champ," Link said, "it is simply cooling down. When was the last time you stopped to take a break since you resurrected?"

"Never," Rhiannon answered, "I got to work right after I left the Great Plateau! And I am not stopping until I find that fifth Divine Beast! Well, it would be the sixth Divine Beast, counting the Master Cycle Zero..."

Link shook his head disapprovingly. "You know obsessing over things like these isn't good for you, right?" he sighed. "I'm not obsessed!" Rhiannon replied, "It's called doing my job, which is what no one in this team is doing! The only one working here is Daron!"

"Daron is a guard, you are a commander, a leader," Link said, "the more fogged your head is with all these thoughts, the harder it will be for you to concentrate when the time comes."

Rhiannon sighed deeply, exhaling slowly. "Alright," they said, "what do you suggest? Do I sit down and build a sand castle?"

"Just sit down with me and enjoy the view!" Link answered, sitting back down on the sand, "Take in the sea breeze."

Rhiannon obeyed, sitting down next to him. She eyed the village from end to end: she spotted Zya and Aya swimming in the sea, Dori playing beach ball, and Tulin burying Koli in the sand. She then took a deep sigh when a gentle breeze kicked off, filling her lungs with the sea breeze. She then rested her head on Link's shoulder. "See, champ?" he said, "Isn't it better when you just sit down and relax?"

Rhiannon then stood up when they heard a loud noise. "What was that?!" they asked, looking around to find the source of the sound. "Over there," Link pointed at a pair of villagers that were struggling to move a large wooden crate. Every time they tried to lift it, it would fall on the pier, making a loud noise. "Calm down, champ," Link said, "it was nothing to worry about."

"I just can't help it..." Rhiannon sighed, "I try to relax but my mind is still tense! I don't know what to do anymore..."

They began sobbing softly and helplessly, burying their face in their father's chest. "It's okay, champ," Link whispered, "we'll find a way for you to relax, okay?"

"Rhia? What's wrong?" Dori asked. "Nothing," Rhiannon answered, wiping away a tear, "I'm completely fine."

"Are you kidding?" Dori scoffed, "You're my best friend, I know when something's wrong with you."

"I'll leave them alone," Link whispered, walking away. "I just can't get to relax," Rhiannon explained, "my mind is stressed enough to make up things. Every little noise startles me. I want to relax but I don't want to lower my guard either..."

"Oh, Rhia, come here..." Dori sighed, pulling them into a hug.

"If I want to defeat my enemy, I must get to know her first," Ratna paced back and forth in a dark chamber, "I want to know about Princess Rhiannon. I need to know her strengths, her weaknesses, I need to breathe the air she breathes, I need to see what she sees..."

She then paused briefly. "I was born shortly before Lord Ganon's return," she sighed, "I'm sure there has to be some library around with information about Princess Rhiannon..."

She walked towards a vanity and noticed the upside-down Sheikah symbol on her forehead. "Of course, Kakariko Village..." Ratna whispered, "...the birthplace of my ancestors. There is no other place in Hyrule that could withhold everything I need to know about the little princess... Looks like I'm visiting the motherland..."

The skies turned gray over Kakariko Village. It was a peaceful morning, the birds were chirping, children ran up and down the street, and the wooden wind chimes would dance in the gentle breeze. Lady Paya, who had been alone since her niece left with the princess, sat down in her usual spot, eyeing the ancient tapestry depicting the Prophecy. She closed her eyes to pray when suddenly the door slid open violently. She looked up to see a dark female figure on the threshold. "Lady Paya, isn't it?" the woman asked, "Name's Ratna, I need you to answer a few questions for me."

"W-Who are you?!" Lady Paya stuttered, "W-What do you w-want?! P-P-Please don't h-hurt me!"

"I won't if you answer me a few questions, will ya?" Ratna smirked, "Tell me everything about Princess Rhiannon and I'll be out of your way. Don't make me take what I want by force..."

"Where is Dori when I need her?!" Lady Paya thought, "She would put this woman in her place!"

"Dori..." Ratna thought, "Where have I heard that name before?"

"Dori!" Rhiannon's voice echoed inside her head, "Set the Sheikah Slate to Stasis!"

"Who is this Dori?" Ratna asked, "Is she related to you?"

"H-How do you know about D-Dori?!" Lady Paya gasped. "Who is she?!" Ratna roared, "Is she your daughter?! Is she close to Princess Rhiannon?!"

"Sh-Sh-She's my n-niece!" Lady Paya stuttered, "She is Princess Rhiannon's best friend! Please do not hurt her!"

"Of course, I should have known," Ratna said, "Nobody else would know more about Princess Rhiannon than her best friend. Where is your niece right now? Answer me!"

"I... I don't know!" Lady Paya answered, "The last time I saw her she was heading for the Akkala region!"

"Whatever," Ratna scoffed, "the Yiga Clan will tell me anyways. Have a nice day, Lady Paya... We'll meet again."

She then disappeared into thin air. Lady Paya, shaking and confused, looked around the room for signs of her.

"I am confident you will find relaxation here at Zora's Domain, dearest!" Zya said, "It just feels good to be home!"

"It's my first time being over here," Aya sighed, "it's so calming!"

"I'm pretty sure we were followed on our way here..." Rhiannon said, "I feel like we're being watched."

"Put your mind at ease, dearest," Zya said reassuringly, "I promise nothing will happen on my watch."

"Hey, not to stick my spoon where I shouldn't," Aya said, "but your father's been looking at that statue for too long."

Rhiannon and Zya looked over the balcony to see Link standing in front of the statue of the Zora siblings. "Who would have thought they would meet the same fate..." he thought, "Mipha, Sidon, I'm sorry... I failed you both..."

"I was thinking we could spend some time together..." Mipha's voice resonated inside his head. "Don't give up, Link! I believe in you!" Sidon's voice followed behind. "What do you guys think might be going through his mind?" Aya asked. "He's been staring at my father and aunt for so long," Zya sighed, "he knew them for such a long time, and for both to be taken away from him so suddenly, the same way over 100 years apart... I can tell he is heartbroken..."

"My poor old man," Rhiannon added, "having to go through all of this again... and to think his future selves will have to go through this too..."

"Wait, are you serious?" Aya asked, "That whole thing is real?!"

"Yeah," Rhiannon sighed, "my mother and father are cursed, having to reincarnate in different lives yet repeat the same story."

"Everything okay, general?" Daron asked, "You seem very upset."

"I am fine," Link answered, "I was just reminiscing... It's hard for me to believe they're both gone..."

"Were you close to them, sir?" Daron asked curiously. "Mipha was my best friend since childhood," Link replied, "I knew she was in love with me, but I was never able to reciprocate those feelings."

"So, were you in love with her too?" Daron inquired. "I was never able to see her as anything else but a friend," Link sighed, "I was never interested in love until I inevitably fell for Zelda... It just felt right..."

He paused, then continued. "Mipha had envisioned a life in which we were together," he said, "but I had a different vision for my future. I just wanted to make my father proud, to fulfill my destiny as the chosen Hero. I made no space for love in my life, that was until I was assigned as Princess Zelda's knight. We had our differences at first, but we became closer each time... I know that I hurt Mipha's feelings... I was never able to tell her I'm sorry..."

"What about Prince Sidon?" Daron asked–he noticed that Link was visibly upset, much more upset than before. "Sidon and I were just friends," Link chuckled, "when he was little, he used to bite me whenever I visited Mipha. He apologized years later when I came to appease Divine Beast Vah Ruta. We became closer, almost like brothers."

"I-I'm sorry, general," Daron stuttered, "I did not mean to upset you even further."

"You're fine," Link smiled softly, "it helped a little. I never thought I would say these words, but thank you, Daron."

"F-For what, sir?" Daron gasped. "For listening," Link answered.

"Psst, hey!" Aya, Zya, and Rhiannon turned around to see Dori hiding behind a Goddess statue, "He's not nearby, is he?"

"Who is?" Aya asked. "Ugh, what's his name again?" Dori whispered, "Kori? Koi? Kolin?"

"Kai?" Zya guessed. "Yes, him!" Dori answered. "Who's that?" Aya inquired curiously. "Dori dated a Zora guard but lost interest in him," Rhiannon answered, "and to avoid hurting his feelings, she lied and said she's dating Koli."

"Shh!" Dori exclaimed, "Do you want a megaphone so everyone in Hyrule can hear?! It's so embarrassing!"

"Our Koli?!" Aya chuckled, "That same one?!"

She looked back down to see Koli chewing on a rock while Tulin polished the Great Eagle Bow. "In my defense, it was in the heat of the moment, okay?!" Dori said. "You kissed him once," Rhiannon said, making Dori come out of her hiding spot to try to shush them. "You what?!" Aya gasped, "When did this happen?!"

"When we were going to rescue you," Zya added. "Can't you two stay quiet?!" Dori exclaimed, "I don't need to be reminded of that embarrassment!"

"Dori, just tell the guy the truth," Rhiannon shook their head, "go up to him, apologize for lying, and go back to your normal life!"

"Ew! No!" Dori scoffed. "Here he comes, by the way," Zya said, pointing at a silver-coated Zora guard walking from the Northeast bridge. "Shoot!" Dori gasped, "Gotta bounce!"

She then vanished into thin air. Rhiannon then turned back to see the rest of Zora's Domain. Everything seemed to be in order, but there was something that was bothering them–something about their surroundings felt off, they could feel it. Something was bound to go wrong. When they turned around, there was nobody around. "H-Hello?" Rhiannon stuttered, "Zya? Aya? Somebody?!"

They then stumbled towards the stairway, trying not to fall. "Father?!" they called, "Daron? Dori? Tulin? Koli?"

Rhiannon tried to contain their tears as they tried to find a sign of life. Nevertheless, Zora's Domain was empty. "Too bad, princess," a voice laughed, "they're all gone. You're too late."

"Ratna!" Rhiannon roared, "What did you do to my friends?!"

"Oh, no! I didn't do anything to them!" Ratna chuckled, "I simply helped! You triggered the Beast of Destruction! And all you had to do was sit back and relax."

"No, that's not true!" Rhiannon sobbed, "You're lying! You're a liar!"

"Rhiannon! Wake up, dearest!" Zya shook Rhiannon by the shoulders, "Are you okay?!"

"Zya! Aya!" Rhiannon gasped, looking up to see the rest of the RhiGang around them, "I'm glad to see everyone's okay!"

"What the heck just happened to you?!" Tulin asked, "You wandered around Zora's Domain like a mad person! No matter how much we talked to you, you ignored us like we weren't there!"

"B-But..." Rhiannon stuttered, "Everyone disappeared... What happened?"

"That's the thing, Rhia," Dori answered, "nothing happened. You started hallucinating again."

"I heard that witch Ratna's voice," Rhiannon said, "she–"

"She is not real, champ," Link said, "it was all in your head."

"Hm," Aya sighed, "maybe a visit to the spa in Gerudo Town will make you relaxed."

Later that day, the RhiGang settled at Kara Kara Bazaar. "Zee, are you sure you want to come?" Aya asked, "You shouldn't be out here."

"I doused myself in a chilly elixir!" Zya answered, "I should be fine."

"Where could that supposed maze be?" Rhiannon asked. "Seriously, Rhia?" Dori crossed her arms, "We're here to relax."

"We are already here! We should just go!" Rhiannon said, "It's now or never!"

"Relax, will ya?" Dori scolded, "You're gripping the Sheikah Slate so hard I'm afraid you'll break it!"

"Ugh, fine!" Rhiannon said. "I'm sorry, you want us to what?" Link asked. "Disguise?" Daron added. "I hate to do this but rules are rules," Aya sighed, "you two will have to find a disguise."

"What about Tulin and Koli?" Link inquired. "Gorons are an exemption because they're an all-male people," Aya answered, "and well, Tulin is... well, he helped Rhiannon save me so I made an exemption for him too. Also because it would be obvious if he put on a disguise. I'm sorry..."

"I don't even have that stupid disguise with me anymore," Link sighed, "the woman that made it for me already passed away..."

"Oh, don't worry about it, old man!" Rhiannon approached them, "Dori has them in storage!"

"I brought it with me!" Dori giggled, "Daron, you can wear Rhia's old desert outfit. We'll find something to cover your eye."

After an hour and a half, Link and Daron changed clothes. "I feel stupid," Link sighed. "I feel comfortable!" Daron said. Rhiannon snickered when both men walked out of the inn. "You saw nothing," Aya said as she slipped a silver rupee to the Gerudo woman at the counter. "My lips are sealed, Lady Aya," she winked. "Hmm," Rhiannon said, "something is missing..."

"No! We are not doing that!" Link exclaimed, "You did it once and it was humiliating!"

"Do what?!" Daron asked. Rhiannon raised two palm fruits in their hands and then tossed them into the air. With one swift move, they sliced the fruits in half. All slices fell neatly on Rhiannon's arms. "You're kidding," Link shook his head, "you're kidding, right?"

Rhiannon did not answer, they simply smirked. Their laughter grew louder when Daron and Link slid the fruit under their tops. "Perfect!" Rhiannon chuckled, "No one will suspect a thing!"

"Not bad," Aya giggled, "those are some great disguises!"

"This is so humiliating..." Link shook his head. "Alright, let's head to Gerudo Town before it gets darker," Aya said.

"Whoa," a Hylian man said as he attracted another man's attention, "check that out, Sean! A whole pack of hotties!"

"Huh?" the other man turned around, "Hylia have mercy! Look at all those beautiful ladies!"

"Get up, Sean!" the first man said, "We gotta catch up to them before they reach Gerudo Town!"

The sun had begun setting as the group reached the mid-point of Gerudo Town. Rhiannon suddenly stopped in her tracks. "What's wrong?" Tulin asked. "We're being followed," Rhiannon answered, making the rest of the gang stop, "since we left the bazaar, I feel like someone has been following us..."

They all turned around to see two Hylian men a few feet away from them. "They're looking our way, Jay!" the second man exclaimed, "What do we do?"

"Don't panic, Sean!" the first man scolded, "Act cool."

"You think they might be Yiga spies in disguise?" Aya asked. "You two!" Rhiannon roared, "Why are you following us?"

"Oh, no big deal..." the first man said. "We just saw you all at the bazaar and thought we could get to know you ladies better!" the second man added. "Should we do something?" Koli whispered to Tulin. "No need," Tulin said, "just back away slowly... I know Rhiannon's gonna explode..."

Both then took a few steps back. "Not surprising that a pack of hotties is heading to Gerudo Town," the first man smirked, "are you single?"

"Your breath stinks like garlic," Dori retched. "So, twin sisters, huh?" the second man said as he wrapped his arms around Rhiannon and Link, "I think twins are hot... And you're both blonde, too!"

"Get your nasty man-thing hands off me!" Rhiannon roared, reaching for her Guardian sword and holding the blade near the man's throat, "We're on an important mission and if you keep holding us back any longer, I will end you both here!"

"Ooh, don't threaten me with a good time!" the second man grinned, "I like the type of woman that will just kill me."

"Well, I guess today's your lucky day!" Rhiannon hissed. "Stop!" Zya intertwined, "Just ignore him, dearest. He's got nothing better to do than to be pestering us."

"It's not like I wanted to be with some tomboy, anyway..." the second man scoffed. Rhiannon's hand formed a fist–she swung her right arm back before delivering a punch so hard that she felt the man's jaw move from its place. "Holy crap!" the first man gasped, "Sean! Are you alright?"

"Do it again, Rhia!" Dori shouted. The second man tried to speak but his broken jaw and his mouthful of blood would not allow him to. "You're a psychopath!" the first man cried, "Come on, Sean! Let's get you help at the bazaar!"

"Yeah! Better be careful!" Tulin exclaimed, "You better remember the name of Princess Rhiannon!"

"That girl's a princess?!" the first man asked. "Haven't done that in a while," Rhiannon sighed, "it felt good."

"L-Lady Aya!" the Gerudo guards at the entrance gasped, "You have returned!"

"I'm here only for a short time," Aya sighed, "Princess Rhiannon here needs to hit the spa..."

"H-Hi..." Rhiannon said shyly. "What about the rest of your friends?" one of the guards asked. "They're all here to accompany us," Aya answered, "oh, and remember what we agreed? My friend Tulin is the only voe that shall ever have unrestricted access to Gerudo Town."

"We understand, Lady Aya," the guards said, nodding obediently. Later that evening, Rhiannon lay upside down as a Gerudo woman massaged their back. "Feel any better?" Aya asked. Rhiannon groaned in response. "I have never seen a vai with these many knots before!" the Gerudo woman exclaimed, "Is she okay?"

"Princess Rhiannon has been through a lot," Aya sighed. "Look at all these scars!" the Gerudo woman gasped, "How are you still alive?"

"Don't even get me started..." Rhiannon groaned. Aya then looked up to see Zya staring intensely at her, tilting her head left and right. Sometimes she would close her left eye, then open that one and close her right eye. "Um, Zee?" Aya stuttered, "C-Can I help you?"

"Do not mind me, dear," Zya answered, "I'm just planning out your Zora armor!"

"Z-Zora armor?" Aya gasped, "F-For me?"

"Well, since you are also my partner now," Zya explained, "it is only fair I also make a Zora armor set for you."

"You're kidding, right?" Aya scoffed, "I don't even know how to swim yet!"

"Well, you will look quite lovely in it!" Zya giggled.

"Where is she?!" Ratna roared, "She was last seen here! Where are Princess Rhiannon and her friend?!"

"W-Which one of them?" a Hylian man stuttered. "The Sheikah one," Ratna answered, "A report said that she was last seen here at Lurelin Village. Where the hell did she go next?"

"I-I'm sorry, I don't know!" the man answered, "I think she headed to Zora's Domain."

"P-P-Please, just leave me alone!" he thought, "I have a wife and family!"

"You better be saying the truth," Ratna smirked, "you wouldn't want your wife and kids to suffer the consequences of your lies."

"I-I'm not lying, I swear on each of the gods!" the man said, "They headed to Zora's Domain!"

"Gentlemen," Ratna turned to two Yiga spies, "to Zora's Domain."

All three vanished out of thin air. "I sure hope Princess Rhiannon isn't there..." the man sighed, "that woman seems like she is no good."

Ratna and the Yiga spies crossed the Great Zora Bridge towards Zora's Domain. When they reached the end, they were stopped by two Zora guards. "Halt," they said, "state your business."

"Out of my way," Ratna levitated both guards and tossed them to the lake below. "Zora's Domain has been breached!" one of the guards cried. "Where is Princess Rhiannon?!" Ratna roared, "I know she and her friends are hiding here!"

"I thought you were looking for her friend," one of the spies said. "Where Princess Rhiannon goes, that so-called Dori woman must be with her," Ratna answered. "Who are you and who do you think you are to barge into our Domain like that?!" Ratna looked up to see Lady Arala walking down the staircase. "I know Princess Rhiannon and her friends are hiding here," Ratna answered, "surrender her and surrender her Sheikah friend and there will be no consequences."

"Who is this woman?" Lady Arala thought, "If Sidon were here, he'd put her in her place!"

"Oh," Ratna chuckled, "you must be Prince Sidon's wife, aren't you?"

Lady Arala gasped in horror. "Let me introduce myself," Ratna said, "my name is Ratna. I'm naught but a simple server of the real King of Hyrule, Lord Ganon."

There were gasps of horror and nervous whispers. "As in... Calamity Ganon?" Arala asked. "Duh," Ratna nodded, "now, I will ask one more time. Where are Princess Rhiannon and her friend?"

"Guards!" Arala shouted, "Seize that woman!"

A large group of Zora guards ran towards the entrance, aiming their spears toward Ratna. "Yiga," Ratna said, "seize Lady Arala."

The two Yiga spies disappeared, then reappeared behind Lady Arala and seized her by the arms. The people around gasped in terror as they watched. Ratna walked up the staircase towards her. "I will ask one more time," she whispered, "answer or die: where did Princess Rhiannon and her friends go?"

"How do you feel?" Aya asked. "If I'm honest, I don't feel any different," Rhiannon answered, "I have a bad feeling..."

"Isn't it weird that we haven't seen a Blood Moon in a while?" Dori asked. "Maybe because we haven't been fighting that much," Tulin answered. "What are you talking about?!" Aya gasped, "We've been fighting a lot!"

"My only fear is that the Mega Guardian returns during a Blood Moon," Zya sighed. "Let's just hope it doesn't," Rhiannon sighed, "we worked hard to take that thing down..."

"Oh, I have an idea!" Koli said, "Let's visit the Goron Hot Springs!"

"Ugh, no more heat, please," Dori groaned, "besides, I don't think Zya will take it."

"I can handle it," Zya said, "I can handle anything!"

"G-General?" Daron whispered, "How long do we have to be wearing this?"

"Hopefully, we'll leave Gerudo Town soon," Link whispered back. "Those two Hylian vais look suspicious, don't you think?" a Gerudo woman asked. "They do," a second woman said, "very suspicious..."

"If I didn't know better, they look like voes in disguise," the first woman said, "but I don't want to assume things."

"Lady Aya is getting too soft," the second woman sighed, "she lets anyone in these days."

"I t-think those women are looking at us, general..." Daron whispered. "Keep your posture," Link answered, "we cannot let our identities be revealed."

"Ugh, I think I feel more stressed than before," Rhiannon groaned. "I'm tellin' ya, brother!" Koli exclaimed, "The Goron Hot Springs will make your troubles melt away! Just give it a try!"

"Ugh, fine," Rhiannon groaned, "let's go before it's nighttime."

As the moon began to rise, the RhiGang arrived at Goron City by shrine traveling. "Oh, my Goddess!" Tulin exclaimed, "Hot isn't enough to describe the temperature here!"

"Thank you for the fireproof elixirs, general!" Zya exclaimed, "Otherwise, we would burst into flames!"

"I forgot how lame these fireproof armors look like," Dori sighed, "I feel so goofy."

"To the hot springs!" Koli exclaimed. He led them towards the outskirts of the city just under the shadow of Death Mountain. Rhiannon noticed other Gorons walking from and to the hot springs. The water of the Goron Hot Springs was like a boiling pot of soup–it was unbelievably hot. "This isn't working," Rhiannon said, "I don't feel relaxed! I feel more stressed! I haven't stopped looking at the sky to see what color the moon is!"

"Seriously?" Dori gasped. "Besides, what if Ratna comes behind me and drowns me?" Rhiannon stuttered, "I'll be at a disadvantage!"

"I guess it would be more relaxing if the water wasn't boiling," Aya sighed. "Ooh, what about a Goron massage?" Koli suggested. "No!" Rhiannon shouted, "No more massages, no more hot springs, I just want to get this all over with! We are wasting time!"

They stood up and walked out of the hot spring, heading towards Goron City.

"Halt!" the two guards outside Gerudo Town exclaimed. "Out of the way," Ratna said, "I have important business to attend to."

"No voes are allowed inside Gerudo Town," one of the guards said, pointing at the two Hylian men besides Ratna. "Oh, we can fix that," she smirked. She raised her palms at the two soldiers, then tossed them in opposite directions. "Quick!" one of the guards shouted, "Go warm the general!"

"Kill them," Ratna commanded. The two Hylian men then turned into Yiga spies, reaching for their sickles. "Sound the alarm!" one of the Gerudo guards shouted before being brutally slaughtered. "General!" three Gerudo ran into the throne room, "A woman and two Yiga spies have forced their way into Gerudo Town! They killed the two guards at the main entrance!"

"Who is this woman?" Buliara asked, "Where is she right now?"

"I'm here," Ratna answered as she walked into the palace, "name's Ratna, pleasure to meetcha."

Buliara and the three guards pointed their weapons at her. "Ladies, ladies, please!" Ratna chuckled, "No need for conflict. I'm just looking for one thing: where is Princess Rhiannon?"

"Princess Rhiannon has not been here!" Buliara answered, "Now, leave!"

"Really?" Ratna said, "Because a little birdie told me that she and her friends were seen here. Where is she hiding?"

"Even if I knew, I would not tell you!" Buliara hissed, "Now, leave at once!"

The Gerudo soldiers gasped when the Yiga spies appeared next to Ratna. "Y-You're with the Yiga?!" one of the soldiers gasped. "You're wrong," Ratna answered, "the Yiga are with me. Kill the soldiers and hold General Buliara hostage."

The Yiga attacked–their sickles collided with the Gerudo soldiers' spears. One of the spies had to fight two spies at once–slitting one's throat with the sickle and the second one with her spear. Buliara did not hesitate to attack when Ratna stopped her golden claymore mid-air. "What?!" Buliara thought, "Sh-She's stopping my claymore with her mind?! Wherever Lady Aya is, I hope she is safe!"

"You don't wanna know what happened at Zora's Domain when Lady Arala refused to cooperate," Ratna said sternly, "I know Princess Rhiannon is here. Tell me where she is."

"Or else, what?" Buliara asked.

"Can we go home already?" Rhiannon asked as she and the rest of the gang walked through the Maw of Death Mountain. "If there are hot springs down here, why did we go all the way up to Goron City?" Dori asked. "May I suggest maybe taking a nap in a Rito-down bed?" Tulin suggested. "Ugh..." Rhiannon groaned, "this is ridiculous."

When they reached a stable, Rhiannon noticed that there were people inside whispering nervously. "Did you hear what happened at Zora's Domain?" one voice asked. "I cannot believe they did that!" another voice exclaimed, "What has our world come to?"

"I hope nothing bad's happened..." Rhiannon thought, "Great! This is going to stress me even more!"

"Rhiannon? Everything okay?" Aya asked. "Yeah, I'm fine," Rhiannon sighed. "You don't... seem okay..." Link said, turning towards them, "are you sure?"

"Yeah," Rhiannon sighed, "I'm–"

"Queen Zya!" the RhiGang turned to see a blue-coated Zora man running towards them, "My queen, I have terrible news from Zora's Domain... It is about your mother."

"What?!" Zya gasped horrified, "Is she okay? What happened?"

"No time to waste!" Rhiannon exclaimed, "Father, take us to Zora's Domain via shrine!"

Upon reaching Zora's Domain, Zya ran out of the shrine's chamber and towards her mother's bedroom. "Mother!" she exclaimed, "I'm coming!"

She gasped when she saw Lady Arala in bed, weakened, with a silver bandage around her neck. "What happened?!" she asked. Lady Arala tried to talk but it would only come out in faint grunts. "I-Is she...?" Zya asked, falling to her knees, sobbing loudly. "Zya!" Rhiannon and Aya ran into the room. "I am sorry, Queen Zya," a green-coated Zora sighed, "it seems like Lady Arala will not be able to talk again..."

Rhiannon saw the sadness in Lady Arala's eyes as Zya sobbed desperately on the floor. "Please, mother!" she exclaimed, hugging her gently, "Who did this to you? I want to hear your beautiful voice that my father loved so much!"

"Rhiannon, you can cure her, right?" Aya asked. "I... I can try..." Rhiannon said, "I cured Tulin's wing and my father's wounds, I'm sure Mipha's Grace will work on her too."

They closed their eyes, gently placing their palm on Lady Arala's neck. Aya, Zya, and the others got closer when bubbles and green sparks began to appear. Rhiannon opened one of their eyes to see the spirits of Champion Mipha and Prince Sidon standing next to Lady Arala. "Arala, my love," Sidon whispered, "let me hear your lovely voice again. Speak to me."

"S-Sidon?" Arala gasped, sitting up. "Mother?" Zya asked, "C-Can you speak?"

"Yes... I can!" Arala exclaimed happily, pulling Zya into a tight hug. "Great job, champ," Link smiled softly. "Now, mother," Zya said, "tell us what happened. Who did this to you?"

"It happened last night," Arala answered, "a woman and two Yiga Clan spies sieged Zora's Domain... H-Her name was Ratna."

"Ratna!" Rhiannon gasped, "That filthy little witch!"

"What was she looking for, exactly?" Link inquired. "She was looking for Princess Rhiannon and Lady Dori," Arala replied, "she thrashed Zora's Domain, and when she could not find what she wanted, she slashed my throat."

"My gods..." Daron gasped faintly. "She headed to Gerudo Town," Arala sighed. Aya then gasped loudly. "Please, we have to go!" she exclaimed, "Aunt Buliara is there! She's the only family I have left!"

"To Gerudo Town!" Rhiannon commanded. As everyone headed for the exit, Rhiannon noticed Zya stayed behind. "Are you not coming?" they asked. "I am sorry, dearest," she answered, "I want to stay here and tend to my mother. I will join again once she has healed. Take care, my love."

"I will," Rhiannon nodded before joining the others. The RhiGang appeared on a shrine just outside of Gerudo Town. Aya ran as fast as she could towards the gate to see one of the slaughtered guards lying on the sand. Link approached the body, noticing it was lifeless. "She's dead!" he gasped in horror. "General!" Daron said, "Lady Aya wishes for us to go inside without disguises, should we comply?"

"We must," Link answered, "this is a matter of life and death!"

When the gang entered the town, they noticed the scattered lifeless bodies of Gerudo soldiers as Gerudo women whispered nervously around. "Oh, my Goddess!" Aya exclaimed, "Aunt Buliara!"

She ran up the stairs to see more dead bodies. "Aunt Buliara!" she called. "L-Lady Aya..." she turned her head to see the Gerudo general heavily wounded. "Aunt!" Aya kneeled next to her, "What happened? Hey, stay with me!"

"I've been hurt worse, do not worry, milady," Buliara said faintly, "I'll make it out..."

"No, you won't!" Aya said, "Princess Rhiannon can heal you!"

Buliara then let out a groan soaked in pain. "It will not be necessary, milady," she said, "I can make it. A couple of bandages and I will be good as new. I cannot say the same about my soldiers... Only five or six of them made it out alive."

"General Buliara," Link walked in, "we need you to tell us who did this to you."

"Some Sheikah woman accompanied by Yiga scum broke into Gerudo Town just last night," Buliara answered, "I cannot remember her name. Rayla? Rayna?"

"Ratna?" Rhiannon suggested. "Yes, that," Buliara hissed, "Ratna... She said she was looking for Princess Rhiannon and her friend, but she did not specify which friend..."

She then looked up to see the rest of the gang. "Which one of you is Doreen?" she asked. "Y-You mean, Dori?!" Dori gasped, "Because that would be me!"

"Why would Ratna be looking for Dori?" Tulin asked. "Oh, gods!" Dori gasped, "What if she sieged Kakariko Village?! Rhia, we have to go! I just wanna make sure Aunt Paya is okay! And my parents, I guess..."

"Aya, are you coming with us?" Rhiannon asked. "I won't," Aya answered, "I'll stay here while Aunt Buliara heals. I promise I'll join you guys once she feels better."

"Do not worry about me, Lady Aya," Buliara said as she groaned, "I will be fine."

"You're the only family I have left," Aya said, "my mother died, my father died, you're all I have left. I'm not leaving you behind."

"Fine," Buliara sighed. "We're coming, auntie!" Dori exclaimed as she led the gang out of the palace. "They'll be fine," Rhiannon thought, "they'll be okay..."

"Princess Rhiannon was allegedly seen up in Goron City," a Yiga spy said, "she was seen with the rest of her team, but her current whereabouts are unknown."

"What would she be doing up there?" Ratna crossed her arms, "Regardless, I'm going up there. She's smart hiding up in Death Mountain, she's probably chugging up fireproof elixirs, that clever little rat."

"Are we going up there?" a second Yiga spy asked. "Of course!" Ratna answered at once, "I know she is hiding up there!"

"Are you crazy?!" the first spy exclaimed, "We'll burst into flames up there!"

"If you two want, you can stay down here like the cowards you are," Ratna hissed angrily, "but I will go up there and bring Princess Rhiannon's friend down by her silver little rat nest. And when I do, you two will be decapitated next to Princess Rhiannon. Now, chug down those fireproof elixirs or else."

The Yiga spies hesitated when Ratna levitated two vials of elixir in front of them. "It is not a question!" she roared, "Drink them, cowards! Drink every drop!"

She then forced the vials under their masks and into their mouths. They tried not to choke on the incoming liquid running down their throats. "Now, off to Goron City," Ratna said calmly, "unless you both want your heads to be mounted on a stick."

The trio appeared at the entrance of Goron City. "Welcome, travelers!" a Goron soldier at the entrance said, "We don't get travelers often! What brings you up to Goron City?"

"Where are Princess Rhiannon and her team?" Ratna hissed, "I know they are hiding here."

She then made her way into the city. "Attention, people of Goron City!" she exclaimed as she made her way to the center, "I know Princess Rhiannon and her friends are hiding here. Hand them over and there will be no problems!"

"Just who do you think you are, lady?" an elderly Goron asked. "I am a server of Lord Ganon," Ratna answered, "if you hand over the princess and her friends, I will leave Goron City untouched. But if not, I will slaughter the entire city."

The Gorons around started to mutter nervously. "T-There is a chance you might find her at Joziah's house," a brown Goron said, "the princess is well acquainted with his son."

"And where do they live?" Ratna asked.

Joziah walked to the back of his hut and towards a pot, throwing in a large slice of meat. He hummed a tune as he watched the meat sizzle in the heat, even though it was already sizzling since he returned to Goron City. "Seize him!" he turned around when a female voice shouted his way. He gasped when he felt two weights grabbing him. "Joziah, right?" he looked up to see Ratna walking toward him, "The name is Ratna, a pleasure to meet ya. Now, I will ask you one question and I want you to answer me with the truth: where is Princess Rhiannon?"

"Aunt Paya!" Dori ran into the temple, "Aunt Paya? Are you here?"

"Dori!" Lady Paya threw herself over her niece, hugging her tightly, "Thank Hylia! I was so worried!"

"Are you okay?" Dori asked, "Did she hurt you?"

"Did who hurt me?" Paya asked back. "That witch Ratna!" Dori answered, "Have you seen her?"

Paya gasped in horror. "She's looking for you, Dori..." she said faintly, "you have to hide. She's coming for you."

"Aunt, what did she do to you?!" Dori asked, trying to contain her tears, "What did she tell you?"

"She wants to know about Princess Rhiannon's weaknesses," Paya answered, "she thinks you'll be the key to figuring them out."

"We have to protect Dori at all costs," Rhiannon said, "if Ratna wants me, then let her come get me, but I'm not letting her get near anyone I care for."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 72 12
(Y/N) is Zelda's childhood friend from birth. As a swordswoman and an accomplished archer, and with her inexplicable ability to read minds, she has a...
17.6K 473 24
A young girl born as a bastard, Forsaken as the town's pariah, A lending hand that comes unexpected, The door to a new life opening, Visions calling...
330K 4.4K 76
Before the rise of Calamity Ganon, Princess Zelda of Hyrule was appointed to travel across the lands. She was to learn about the technologies of the...
56.1K 743 32
After the demise of Calamity Ganon, Link and Zelda were finally free to fall in love and get married. All of a sudden, new evil merges and starts tak...