Rising Rays of the New Centur...

By KageNishi

In the year 2040, Japan returned to Earth from the other world of Terralus under the guidance of a comet. At... More

Part 1: Tokyo Expo
Tokyo Expo in Chaos
Joint Investigation
Japanese Empire's Chaos
A New Case
The Truth Revealed
The Canine Lord
The End of 21st Century
Vampire Siblings
Fear of Vampire
The Vampiric Menace
Eternal Mermaid
A Shadow Looming Over the Mermaid
Sora: The Far Reaches of Universe
World Expo Closing Ceremony
Part 2: Overseas
The Warlord City, Changsha
Inspection of the Construction Site
Europe of Illusions
The Dark Side of the Japanese Embassy
The Sisters of Tragedy
On Christmas Eve
The Satori and the Catalan Girl
Men Running on the Sea and in the Sky
Japanese Magical Drugs
The Devil's Identity
Epic Aerial Battle: Fairy vs US-2
Part 3: Yokohama Dragon God
Ice Queen
Rumored Japanese History Teacher
Shining Night Kamaitachi
Enchanting Songstress
High School of Magic and Witchcraft
Yokohama Bay Entertainment City
The Girl with Midas' Hand
Golden Power and the Fateful Encounter
A World Where Humanity is the Minority
Cultural Festival Season is Here!
Schoolgirl Abduction
Crisis of the Space Battleship Fusō
The Golden Banquet and the Awakening of Fusō
Terror of the Vampires
Battle of Yokohama
The Blue Dragon's Beautiful Servant
The Comet and the Unwanted Visitor
Part 3.5: The Space Frontier
Settings and Glossary
Characters List
Part 4: The Space Wars
Alien Invasion
Occupation of Mars
Messenger from Earth
Space Drifters Union and the International Federation
The Queen's Descent onto Mars
New Developments
The Expulsion Movement and the Witch of Mars
The Queen's Desire
The Great Escape
Disturbing Trend
The Queen's Descent to Earth
Ideals and Reality
Coup
Crisis of the Solar System
Attack on Titan
Queen's Guard
The Demise of Mars

The End of the Golden Banquet and a New Threat

131 4 1
By KageNishi

Hotel E Bellissimo Notte Lobby

The police quickly arrived as the call came from the hotel where the Miniter of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries was holding a meeting. Then, using an android with a shield, the police force rushed into the top floor. While the other guests looked on uneasily, the men in black were apprehended one after the other for violating the Firearms Control Law.

Kondo, the mastermind behind the kidnapping, is then brought in on suspicion of kidnapping. The involvement of Minister Sakuma was undone, and his testimony exposed the fact that kidnapping was involved in this case. The victim, Hagane, is taken into custody and accompanied to the police station for questioning. In addition, Yadoya and Koba, who was revealed to have fought as well through the surveillance camera footage, had to accompany her as witnesses.

"Seriously... what a disturbing bunch..."

One of the guests attending the meeting sighed loudly when he saw the men in black being taken out. In another place, Teru and Yoshihisa, the callers, were talking with police officers.

"........."

Yadoya was admiring Teru dressed in a party dress. Ryuji, a young Ryūjin male, spoke to him.

"...Hi, you must be Kanata Yadoya, the president of the Astronomy Club, right?"

"Y-yes! Err..."

The young man, who had been spoken to out of nowhere, replied with trepidation. Then he calmed himself down and eyed Ryuji's towering stature once again.

'So this man... is he the 'Ryūjin-sama' that Kadoma-san was talking about?'

Combined with his attire, he looked like a very mature young man to Yadoya.

"I've heard about you from Teru that you're very kind to her. I didn't expect to see you here. I am Ryuji Hasena, it's a pleasure to meet you," Ryuji said.

Yadoya returned the right hand he offered.

"...Likewise, my name is Kanata Yadoya, a first-year student at Yokohama Hisui Gakuen High School. It's an honor to meet you," he replied, "I've heard about you from Kadoma-san from time to time... uh..."

"I belong to the Ryūjin demi-humans. I am not related to Teru by blood, but she is an important family member to me... Therefore, please continue to get along."

"O-of course...!"

Yadoya replied firmly. The two were also called by the police officer who had heard the story from Teru and Yoshihisa, and walked toward where they were.

Meanwhile, Hagane, taken into custody by the police, was sitting on a bench outside the hotel. In front of her stood Koba, waiting for a police car. Hagane took a sip of tea given to her by the police officer and spoke weakly, a complete change from the time of the fight.

"I thought gold (I) could make people happy. But because of gold (me), people are trapped, suffering, angry, torn apart, and despairing..."

"........."

The power to create gold... for Hagane, this was the power that would allow her family to live happily, and even the people around her to be happy. However, her grandmother forbade her to use this power in public. She did not understand why. But now, Hagane was painfully reminded of the reason. The power of Midas was a terrifying possibility that could bring any person or organization to its knees and even make people's hearts go crazy in this world.

"Is gold (I) nothing but an existence that brings misfortune to people? Is gold (I) necessary in this world...?"

Hagane felt terrible about her existence. Koba replied gently to her uneasiness.

"...Whatever it is, you can't judge something to be good or evil when just because they exist in this world. You saved us. For that reason alone, Hinatsu Hagane is valuable to us."

"!!"

Hearing Koba's words, Hagane flushed. A special bond was forming between the two, who had met for the first time today.

Kondo and his men were then apprehended for the current offense of violating the Firearms Control Law. Koba, Yadoya, and Hagane were also to accompany them as witnesses. The members of the Hasena family who reported them saw off the police convoy from the front lobby. Of course, Ryuji and Teru were among them.

"...I never thought this would happen. Sorry, Teru."

"...N-no, you don't have to apologize, Ryūjin-sama!"

Teru rapidly shook her head. But there was one more thing he needed to apologize to her for.

"And for what Sumika and my uncle said and done, treating you like an animal... You don't need to worry, I'll speak to them, especially to Sumika."

Ryuji was worried that his relatives' words and actions were hurting her. He also felt ashamed of himself for not being able to speak strongly enough to his relatives.

"...? I don't really mind, though."

However, contrary to her expectations, Teru frowned. Seeing this expression, Ryuji's guilt eased slightly.

Thus, the abduction of a Midas girl, which took place behind the dinner party held by the Agriculture Minister, was revealed through the activities and recklessness of two high school boys, and ended with an easy conclusion of a report by the dinner party attendees. The Midas group, an unacknowledged demi-human, was then registered in the government archives, ending their life in the shadows. In accordance with government policy, they were later designated as a "Protected Species" along with the Mermaids and several others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midas

A race of demi-humans who secretly entered Japan during the 15 years in Terralus, and have the ability to transform anything they touch into gold. Because of their rarity and high price, they were the target of slave hunting not only by humans but also by other demi-humans and were in danger of extinction when they moved to Japan. They are the most miserable race in Terralus.

The power to "manipulate" gold, which was manifested in Hinatsu Hagane, is a side effect of interbreeding with other races after migrating to Japan and is not an ability inherent to the Midas people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 31, 2112

Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo, Japanese Empire

Time flies, and summer arrives in Japan. People go about the streets as usual. Among them, there are those with bodies that do not resemble humans... or the demi-humans. Monsters, yōkai, ghosts... the country where such beings are mingled with human society is none other than the Japanese Empire.

Although many demi-humans are physically superior to humans, there is an overwhelming difference in numbers between the two, and human society remains at the center. However, there are those who are planning to challenge their position.

"In this world, the strong should subdue the weak. Therefore, humans surpassed other animals with their power of civilization and became the rulers of this world. It is inevitable. However, humans are no longer the strongest. Our conquest of humans is absolutely justified, just like humans have conquered other living beings throughout their long history."

From the rooftop garden of a department store, a man watched people come and go. They had formed a group of demi-humans who were plotting a challenge to the Japanese government and were working in the dark under the surface. Finally, they were about to take action.

"...This is the dawn for the Demi-Human Liberation Front."

The man belonged to a race recognized by the Japanese government as the strongest among the officially recognized demi-human races. Therefore, those around him feared his bloodline. And they played with his blood for fun. And the man was ashamed of his race who lived in fear of the public eyes, without fighting against prosecution from the world.

"I am the blood of the noble dragon."

In the year 2112, the man's revenge is about to begin.

. . .

Ryuji's Home, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture

The world is entering summer vacation. Yokohama Hisui Gakuen High School, which Teru attends, is also scheduled to officially go on summer vacation in August. Right now, Ryuji is staring at the virtual display on his PC in his living room. A message from his parent's home was displayed there.

'...I've been fooling around, but I guess grandfather finally got fed up with it...'

It was in the name of his grandfather, Enishi Hasena, and it told him to be sure to return to Suwa, the family's home, during the next summer break.

"Hah..." Ryuji sighed. Then he spoke to Teru standing in the kitchen.

"Hey... Teru. Actually... there is a place I want you to come to with me this summer."

"...?"

Teru paused in preparing the dinner and turned to him. Ryuji explained that he had been ordered by his home to return.

"I want you to come with me to my hometown, a demi-human community called the Dragon King Village in Suwa, Nagano Prefecture. I've always turned them down, giving them some reasonable excuse, but this year they insisted that I come. If you don't want to, I won't force you..."

Ryuji had no intention of forcing her. But Teru's answer was obvious. She smiled softly and spoke in a gentle tone of voice.

"I would never refuse a request from you, Ryūjin-sama. If it is your command, I will go anywhere."

"Thank you..."

The Dragon King Village in Suwa, Nagano Prefecture, is a demi-human community that ordinary people rarely enter. The founder of the village and his family, the Ryūjin, are said to be at the forefront of a number of powerful long-lived races, and they were on the Japanese government's watchlist.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

National Police Agency, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo

A meeting by the Public Security Police was being held in the conference room of the NPA, an organization that coordinates all police agencies in Japan. A huge virtual screen was projected on the wall, and the moderator, a man, was explaining to the participants of the meeting. All of them were public security police officers, and they were looking at his presentation with serious eyes.

"According to the Invasive Foreign Species and Demi-Human Act, demi-humans are classified into five grades: Class 1, Semi-Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, and Class 4. The standard for classification is their threat level, and there are three races that are recognized as the highest level, or Class 1, demi-humans with the power to topple a nation. Of these, only the Ryūjin exists in Japan (officially)."

The topic of discussion was the demi-humans. On the screen, there was a chart showing the classification of the demi-humans and a satellite photo of Suwa in Nagano Prefecture.

"Ryūjin in Japan consists of one family with seven members who have the ability to transform into a dragon capable of flying in the sky. As you all know, this is the Hasena family, the ones who run Hasena Agriculture, the largest agricultural company in Japan.

They are the family that is solely responsible for the food supply of the metropolitan area, and in addition to the power that could destroy the country, they are one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in the country. The community they govern is also one of the government's most vigilant targets. In addition, the Hasena have intermarried with other powerful races, increasing their power as an individual."

The demi-humans, with powers beyond human understanding, are not only a target of protection for the Japanese government but are also watched under scrutiny since they are wary about the threat that could destroy their nation.

"In recent years, there have been reports of the existence of a group of demi-humans calling themselves the Demi-Human Liberation Front. The relationship between this group and the Dragon King Village is unknown at this time, and we do not have a clear picture of what it is, but we are currently continuing our investigations into this group as well."

In addition, the Public Security Police have received a number of troublesome cases in recent years. There is information that an unidentified demi-human group is being organized in secret. Although they have not yet been active publicly, the very existence of a demi-human clique could be a threat to humanity.

For the Japanese government, which has a large number of demi-humans, the control over these demi-human groups was positioned as something that could even determine the very existence of the nation. At the time, no one expected that in the year 2112, their fears would actually come to bare their fangs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Invasive Foreign Species and Demi-Humans Act: Demi-Human Classification

Class 1: Demi-humans with enough power to topple a nation.

- Ryūjin (Dragon God)

- Elf

- Vampire

Semi-Class 1: Demi-humans with special abilities that can cause damage in a wide area.

- Tengu

- Rakshasa

- Kaminari (Lightning)

- Inugami (Canine Lord)

- Enma (Flame Demon)

Class 2: Demi-humans with the special ability to cause harm to an unspecified number of other people.

- Kamaitachi (Sickle Weasel)

- Jujutsu (Hex)

- Fairy

- Fox Spirit

- Gorgon

- Yuki-Onna and Yuki-Otoko (Snow Demons)

Class 3: Demi-humans with the special ability to affect a specific individual.

- Satori (Mind-Reading Monkey)

- Butterfly Spirit

- Lorelei

- Midas

Class 4: Demi-humans with only additional physical features and no special abilities.

- Most of the beastmen that cannot transform

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 1.1K 190
Author:Peach blossoms for wine 13 Category: Danmei Zombies are rampant, and Ye Qingrang relies on a broken jade sachet and wood powers to move fo...
564K 38.8K 47
THE YEAR IS 2050. Human-like androids have become integrated into society and every household, becoming part of our daily lives. They look exactly li...
85.5K 3.9K 71
"Just because we win the war doesn't mean we don't lose everything in the process." - Joey Magnom --------- Practically everyone dreams of having sup...
2.5K 207 181
Author: Sing-Shong, 싱숑 Alternative names: TWATF, 멸망 이후의 세계 Genre: Fantasy, Action, Drama, Adventure, Mystery Source: Unknown ... [ THE WORLD AFTER TH...