whimsical (robin buckley)

By crimsonrings

girl meets girl. girls become friends. girls fall in love. A story in which Sofia Henderson, Dustin Henders... More

ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹INTRODUCTION◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹ONE SUMMER CAN CHANGE EVERYTHING◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
1. scoops ahoy
2. a secret russian communication
3. spycraft
4. the Vents and Venting
5. operation child endangerment
6. escaping
7. revelations
8. the mind-flayer
ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹THERE MUST BE A DEVIL BETWEEN US◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
9. two of a kind
10. swimming pool
11. unspoken words
12. fool's tears
13. moving day
14. school blues
15. enchanted
16. halloween
17. love is a mixtape
ˑ༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ ▹EVERY ENDING HAS A BEGINNING◃ ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ
You and me
Dressed for sorrow
The guilty
8 letters
On the eye of the storm
The cemetery
Lover's Lake
Upsidedown
(Un)Stuck
Hounds of Love
This Town
Misery
Fall together
author's note

The Creel house

937 30 11
By crimsonrings

Sofia wakes up by Nancy shaking her. "Get up! Let's go!".

"What time is it?" Sofia mutters, half asleep.

"3pm" Nancy responds, and Sofia groans.

She and Robin are sleeping on the sofa. Robin is behind Sofia, being the big spoon, while Sofia is the little spoon. Robin has one arm on Sofia's waist and they're holding hands.

Sofia doesn't know if she could fall asleep if it wasn't for Robin.

It's the third day Sofia's wearing those clothes and she hates that. Her hair is getting greasy, and she can't wait to take a shower.

She's the first to go to the bathroom. She washes her face and makes a ponytail. She looks in the cabinets and finds some deodorant- thank god.

Sofia gets out of the bathroom and Dustin immediately rushes in. "Jeez" Sofia says behind her breath.

She sits on the couch, where Robin's still lying down half asleep, grabs Robin's hand and starts playing with her rings.

God, how Sofia loved Robin's hands

Nancy walks down the stairs with a plate of pancakes for everyone. "Does anyone want coffee?" the girl asks.

"I'll get it, don't worry" Sofia says, getting up, but Robin grabs her hand so she can't walk away. Sofia smiles and sits down again.

She gets closer to Robin's face and asks her "Do you want coffee?"

"Suree" Robin says, with her eyes closed and a sleepy smile.

"Does she need any more energy?" Nancy asks, as Sofia walks up the stairs.

Sofia chuckles and walks to the kitchen. She comes back and gives Robin one mug full of coffee.

After everyone has a rushed brunch, they get into Nancy's car, and she drives to the Creel house.

Sofia and Robin sit on the trunk; Max, Lucas and Dustin sit on the back seats and Steve sits on the passenger seat, making Sofia and Robin share a look.

They get out of the car and look at the enormous house in front of them. Robin holds Sofia's hand, their fingers intertwined, and they walk up the stairs to the door.

Sofia looks around and sees a playground with swings! Swings are Sofia's favorite way of getting serotonin (after Robin, of course). 

Her father taught her how to swing, but she loved the swings because they brought her freedom. The wind brushing through her hair, her legs flying and the feeling when she's dropping gave her a bit of adrenaline.

"Yeah, that's not creepy" Steve says, as the group looks at the house.

"Certainly, The Uninvited vibes" Sofia says, making Robin chuckle. "Totally" Robin says.

"What's that?" Steve asks. Sofia sighs, gives him a disappointed look, and doesn't respond.

They walk to the door, Steve takes out a hammer from Dustin's backpack and starts to take off the nails of the wooden door.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" he asks.

"We're not sure. We just know this house is important to Vecna" Nancy replies.

"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" Steve asks.

"Basically" Nancy says.

"Great" Steve says.

"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back. Why he killed the Creels. And how to stop him before he comes back for Max" Dustin explains.

"We don't think he's in here, do we?" Lucas asks, frightened.

"Guess we'll find out" Max answers.

Steve and Nancy take down the wooden door and are left with another door, with a pretty stained glass. Steve tried to open the door, but he couldn't.

"It's locked" he says. Robin lets go of Sofia's hand and looks around at the ground. Sofia looks at her, confused.

"Should I knock, see if anybody's home?" Steve jokes.

"No need. I found a key" Robin says, with a brick in her hand. 

Robin throws the brick against the glass and Steve opens the door. Robin holds Sofia's hand again.

To be honest, Robin was scared, and Sofia knew it. They were both scared and very protective of one another. They couldn't risk losing each other.

They enter the house, and it feels even more creepy. Dusty air, rust on the door and old furniture helped set the scene. 

"Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill" Lucas jokes, trying to turn the light on.

"Where'd everyone get those?" Steve asks Dustin as he sees everyone with flashlights.

"Do you need to be told everything? You're not a child" Dustin says.

Sofia can't hear the rest of Steve and Dustin's conversation as she, Robin and Nancy walk further into the house.

"They just left everything" Nancy says, with a bit of pity in her voice.

"I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value" Robin jokes, making Sofia chuckle.

"Hey, guys?" Max says, making everyone rush to where the girl was. "You all see that, right?" Max asks, flashing her flashlight at a clock.

Everyone agrees. "Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Nancy asks.

"I mean, it's... just a clock. Right?" Robin asks, taking a step forward. She lets go from Sofia's hand and walks to the clock, making Sofia's heartbeat rise.

"Don't touch that" Sofia says, afraid that something might happen to Robin.

"Don't worry, it's just a..." Robin says, rubbing her hand to take off the dust of the clock "...normal old clock" 

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks? Maybe he's, like, a clockmaker or something?" Steve thinks out loud.

"I think you cracked the case, Steve" Dustin responds, sarcastically.

"All I know is the answers are here. Somewhere" Nancy says, looking around. "Okay, everyone stay in groups of two. Robin, upstairs"

Sofia's eyebrows rise in response, not expecting Nancy to want to be paired up with Robin. It was probably just to look like she didn't want anything to do with Steve.

Sofia shares a look with Robin, letting her know it's okay by her, and Robin follows Nancy upstairs. 

Sofia's attention is fully focused on Robin walking up the stairs until she hears Steve sigh.

"Was that a sigh?" Dustin asks, offended.

"No, I did not sigh" Steve says, as the three of them start walking up the stairs.

"Why'd you sigh?" Dustin asks.

"I didn't sigh. Just come on, dude" Steve says, annoyed.

"I heard you" Dustin says.

"We- you and me are always partners, okay?" Steve says.

"You have a problem with that?" Dustin asks.

"It'd just be nice to, I don't know, mix it up a bit" Steve says.

"You know you've just offended the whole Henderson community right now" Sofia jokes.

"Shut up" Steve sighs.

As they walk through the rooms, Sofia realizes how big the house is. She wondered what it looked like back in the day: what color was the wallpaper, if they had any pets, what each painting meant and if they were happy living there.

She wondered what it would be like to live with Robin. She knows they'd be happy. But would they be living in Hawkins? Robin doesn't like the place very much. What would the house look like? Would it be filled with flowers and plants, or would it be a small apartment in the middle of New York?

She stops daydreaming once she realizes she's alone in a room, which makes her extra nervous. Hearing Dustin talk in another room, she calms down a bit.

She starts looking around, using her flashlight to investigate the old and rusty furniture. She shifts her gaze to the walls, looking at the paintings.

They were all so creepy. Sofia could recognize a few from art class. The Temptation of St Anthony by Hieronymus Bosch, The Nightmare by Henry Fuseli and Hell by Hans Memling.

She suddenly hears a bang and freezes. She turns her head to the other wall and sees a broken picture frame on the floor- it must have fallen.

With her heart pounding in her ears and an anxious feeling on her chest, she slowly walks to the fallen picture frame.

Every step she took made her more nervous. The dust in the air made her want to sneeze, but she didn't dare to make a noise.

With the flashlight in one hand, she anxiously grabs the picture frame with the other hand. 

The glass is broken and full of dust. She takes a deep breath and blows the dust off, revealing a photo.

It wasn't any normal photo. It was a family photo: a mother, a father, a boy and a girl. But she couldn't see their faces- they were burned off.

That picture sent a horrifying chill down Sofia's spine. She felt a knot on her throat, like she wanted to scream with horror but couldn't. 

Her flashlight starts flickering. Hearing a door close harshly, she lets the picture fall, breaking into a million pieces. 

She fought the feeling of being paralyzed and slowly started to back away.

"Boo!" Robin says when Sofia bumps into her. Sofia lets out a scream as she turns to Robin. 

Robin's smiling face turns into a serious look as she sees Sofia's horrified face. The two girls stare at each other while Sofia catches up her breath.

"Is everything okay?" They hear Nancy ask from another room.

"Yeah" Robin responds.

Suddenly, Sofia hugs Robin very closely, as if she just saw her life flash through her eyes. Robin pulled her closer by the waist.

"Are you okay?" Robin whispers.

"This place is so creepy" Sofia whispers back.

After a few seconds, Sofia pulls away and kisses Robin, leaving her stunned.

"Let's go" Sofia says, grabbing Robin's hand and slowly walking out of the room to meet the others. She just wanted to end this, and quickly.

They walk into the hall, where Nancy is taking webs from Steve's hair. 

"If there's a spider, you're never gonna find it till it lays eggs and the babies spill out" Robin says, and Sofia gives her a you-shouldn't-have-said-that look but with a smile.

"What's wrong with you? Robin, seriously" Steve complains. "She's got problems" he whispers, but the two girls can still hear.

"Tell me about it" Nancy whispers back.

"It's cool you two are friends now. Maybe after we find Vecna, kill him, save the world and stuff, maybe we can all go out. You know? Me, you, Robin, Sofia, Jonathan, when he's back. It's not like we're dating. Me and Robin. Not like we're dating. She told you? That we're not?" Steve says.

"Yeah, she did... She also told me she and Sofia are dating" Nancy says.

"Wait, really? Oh my god, finally someone else knows!" Steve says with a smile. 

"Dustin also knows" Sofia says.

"Yeah, but it's different" Steve says, making Sofia furrow her eyebrows. 

"Okay. All better" Nancy says.

"Great. Thanks. Well..." Steve starts to gag on his own words. Robin leans by the doorframe and Sofia crosses her arms, both looking at Steve and Robin. They couldn't tell if it was very awkward or just awkward.

Sofia didn't like the idea of Steve and Nancy, and she definitely didn't like the idea of Nancy flirting with Steve while she's with Jonathan. But she couldn't tell Nancy what to do and not do, so she just watched.

"Great. Um... Guess we should, uh, get back to the investigation. 'The obvious things
are not what people observe'  or..." Steve says, and Sofia covers her mouth trying not to laugh.

"Or... 'Do... Don't observe.' Or... Sherlock Holmes" Steve ends with a smile and walks away.

As Nancy's smiling, she looks up from the ground and sees the two girls looking at her with a smirk. "Shut up" Nancy says, walking away.

It's already dark outside when the group is together downstairs, looking at the flickering chandelier.

"It's like the Christmas lights" Nancy says.

"The Christmas lights?" Robin asks, holding Sofia's hand.

"Yeah, when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life" Nancy explains.

"Vecna's here. In this house. Just on the other side" Lucas says.

"I think he just left the room" Robin says when the lights go out.

"Did he hear us?" Max asks, frightened.

"Can he see us?" Steve asks.

"Headphones" Sofia says to Max.

"Wait, wait. Everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out" Nancy says.

Sofia lets go off Robin's hand so they can cover more ground, but they still stand close. 

"I got him! Got him!" Robin shouts, as her flashlight turns on. "I... I had him" she says as it goes off.

Steve's flashlight turns on. "Oh, I think he's moving. He's moving. He's moving" he says, following the light as everyone follows him.

"Shit. I lost him" Steve says once they get upstairs.

"No, you didn't" Max says, walking to a door.

Robin holds Sofia's hand again, and Sofia squeezes it in reinsurance. "It's an attic. Of course it's an attic" Robin says, as they walk up the stairs.

When they get to the attic, they see a flashing lightbulb on the ceiling. As they walk closer to it, their flashlights start to glow more intensely.

They stand in a circle around the lightbulb, trying to figure out what's happening.

Before they know it, the glass from the flashlights start to explode. Sofia covers Robin instinctively. 

The lightbulb in the middle of the group explodes last, and then they're left with heavy silence.

______________________________________________

A/N: im sorry for taking so long to upload😭 my birthday was 3 days ago so I've been kinda busy and also school (ew) is about to start so im worrying abt it 24/7

anyway, do yall ever miss a fictional character? cuz for the past 2 months if I'm not writing this I'm missing Robin sm like I think it's a problem

also, hello new followers/readers cuz I've been having a few now <3

don't forget to vote and follow me please so the algorithm is nice to me!!! love ya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 182 34
Robin Buckley x reader story 🥰🥰 fluff ♥️
105K 2.3K 30
Title incase the font doesn't work for you: Dingus~ Robin Buckley imagines ⚠️THE FONT FOR THE TITLE, INTRODUCTION AND CHAPTER NAMES MAY NOT WORK ON S...
32.1K 1.1K 10
𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 '𝘖𝘩, 𝘐 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘧𝘦�...
101K 2.5K 39
Anna Henderson, she was once one of the popular people in Hawkins High, along with Steve Harrington, her bestfriend, who she shared almost all her se...