12. fool's tears

TW: EATING DISORDER (please skip this chapter if this subject triggers you in any way. the last thing i want to do to someone is trigger them into something)

"I hate myself so much. Why am I even doing this? I've been good for so long, but suddenly I just wanted to hurt myself. I couldn't resiste. You know how hard I try, right?"

 You know how hard I try, right?"

August 15th

Steve and Robin are in Steve's car, driving to a grocery store to see if they need employees. "How was your date yesterday?" Robin asks Steve.

"A bust. She only talked about school and college plans, and she never shut up! There's some parts I don't even remember, I think my brain just melted" Steve responds.

"What's her name again?" Robin asks.

"Becky" Steve says.

"That's such a Becky thing" Robin says, making Steve chuckle.

"How was your sleepover with Sofia?" Steve asks.

"It was... it was good" Robin says with a voice crack.

"What was that?" Steve asks, making Robin's cheeks red.

"Nothing!" Robin replies, with another voice crack.

"You did it again! Why are you so nervous about it?" Steve asks, smirking.

"Uhm... We... uh... we kinda kissed" Robin says quietly but smiling.

"Woah! That's great!" Steve replies, feeling genuinely happy for Robin.

"Yeah, I know. It's just that... she eventually pulled away and said it was too soon, but I can't stop thinking about it" Robin says.

"She said it was too soon?" Steve asks, and Robin nods. "No girl ever said that to me..."

"Now I don't know what I'm supposed to do. We keep talking like nothing happened, but I can't just ignore it. I really can't. She's all I think about... she's driving me crazy" Robin says, frustrated.

"Man, you're totally head over heels in love with her" Steve says, making Robin sigh.

"I knowww!" Robin says, hiding her face in her hands.

"You gotta tell her, like, soon" Steve says.

"What if she doesn't like me back?" Robin asks.

"She does. Trust me" Steve says.

"And exactly how do you know that?" Robin asks.

"Because... Henderson told me" Steve says, making Robin's eyes widen in surprise. She couldn't believe what she heard. Sofia likes her. Sofia likes her. It sounds so unreal. Robin doesn't actually believe it. "Now, you better do something about her, or someone might just do it before you get the chance"