16. halloween

"I'm Bowie and she's Prince"

October 31st

Sofia's in her bedroom, making sure her costume is in place when her phone starts ringing.

"Hello?" Sofia asks, not expecting any calls.

"Hi, Sofy" Nancy says with a sigh.

"What's up?" Sofia asks, sitting in bed.

"Look, could you take the boys to the little club reunion today? That is if you don't have plans-" Nancy says.

"Yeah, I can take them, don't worry. Is anything wrong?" Sofia asks, sensing some tension in Nancy's voice.

"Yeah, I'm just having a few problems with the paper" Nancy says, sounding distracted by something.

"Oh... do you need help?" Sofia asks, although she doesn't feel like writing right now.

"No, thanks though. Well, I gotta go, I'll tell Mike to be ready by 7" Nancy says quickly.

"Alright, bye!" Sofia says and Nancy hangs up.

Still in her pajamas, Sofia decides to start doing the makeup. She has written down what the makeup should look like from the video clip she saw on MTV.

With her makeup done, she starts doing her hair. She was going to put a wig on, so she had to pull her hair back in a bun.

In the middle of the process, the doorbell rings. "Dusty, door!" Sofia screams from her room. A few seconds later, she hears Dustin's footsteps and then the door opening.

A moment later, someone knocks on Sofia's door. "Who is it?" she asks.

"It's me, dingus" she hears Robin say, and her face instantly lit up.

"Come in!" Sofia says, putting the bobby pins down.

Robin opens the door, gets inside, and closes it. She's already in her costume: black pants, a classic button-down shirt, a costumed purple overcoat, classic shoes, and a wig (pic of the costumes next).