10. swimming pool

"They tried to murder me!"

After hanging out on July 6th, Sofia started calling Robin some mornings

After hanging out on July 6th, Sofia started calling Robin some mornings. After that, Robin started calling Sofia some nights. Then, they started calling each other every day. Since Robin woke up earlier in the morning, Sofia called her when she woke up, and since Robin went to sleep earlier than Sofia, Robin called her before going to sleep. 

It was amazing how this routine worked so well for both of them.

They hang out about two or three times a week. Sometimes Sofia helps Robin look for a new job, sometimes they go to the park, to the arcade, ... They also enjoy each other's silence, so sometimes they go to the library and just seat in the comfortable brown couches reading (not in the annoying chairs that Sofia thought was poorly designed).

Sofia took Robin shopping once, but then they saw Cher in one of the stores and Sofia didn't feel like shopping anymore. After that, Robin bought Sofia some ice cream in hopes of cheering her up. 

It did.

They also liked to bike around Hawkins. They liked to visit the strawberry and peach camps, to run away from the bees, to eat some of the fruit (carefully stollen) and to do competitions to see who rides the fastest on their way back home.

They started to enjoy each other's company a lot more, and each day they fell harder and harder in love. Every time they made some sort of physical contact, Sofia always blushed and felt butterflies in her stomach, and so did Robin. However, they never talked about love and liking girls- none of them felt ready.

Part of Sofia still didn't believe she only liked girls. Why couldn't she like guys? She tried to imagine herself kissing guys, but every time she disgust or simply nothing. However, when she thought about kissing girls... She did feel something.

It felt like taking a bath after a long day on the beach. It felt like going to sleep in fresh sheets. It felt like a breeze on a very sunny day. And mostly, it felt right. 

August 1st

Today, Sofia, Robin, Steve, Nancy, Jonathan, Dustin, Will, Mike, Lucas, Max, and El are all going to the local pool. Sofia thought it was a bit soon to go, since Billy worked there, but Max was the one suggesting it.

Sofia made lunch for her, Dustin, Robin, and Max, as they planned. She got dressed in a red swimsuit and a long blue dress on top. She picked up Robin, who sat in the passenger seat, and then Max, who sat on the back with Dustin. Sofia played Kate Bush since she knew Max loved her.

The ride was quick. They were the first group to arrive, so they chose the best spot on the grass (after Dustin's lecture about the Sun's orbit) and laid down their towels. Sofia takes off her dress and lays down on her towel. Sofia looks to her side and sees Robin taking off her shirt, revealing a black bra.