Fall together

The group walked into the trailer, focused on their mission

The group walked into the trailer, focused on their mission. Stressed out but focused.

"Be careful" Dustin said, as Steve prepared to climb to the upside-down. 

"Thanks, buddy" Steve responds. "Here goes nothing".

They watched as Steve landed perfectly on the floor. "What does he want us to do, applaud?" Robin mutters, sarcastically. It's amusing how Robin could always turn on the light even in the darkest moments.

Quickly, everyone entered the upside down. They exited the trailer, and all they could hear was thunder. Sofia kept on holding Robin's hand tightly. 

"Hey, guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something" Steve carefully explained. "Okay? You guys are just..."

"Decoys." Dustin ends. "Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve."

"Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes" Eddie adds.

"Eddie..." Sofia said and pushed him aside to talk. 

"'Sup?" Eddie asked.

"Please, please keep Dustin safe" Sofia begs him. "I wish I could stay with him now, but we have more chances of beating Vecna if there's four of us... I really, really need him. I can't live without him-"

"Don't worry, I'll take care of him" Eddie says with a calm tone.

"Thank you" Sofia whispers as she smiles.

They walk back to the group. "Ready?" Robin asks.

Sofia looks at her and then at Dustin. "Be careful, okay?" Sofia asks her brother.

"I will" he says.

"You better" she smiles, hugging him. "I love you".

"Love you too sis" Dustin says.

He didn't want to show it, but he was really scared. Not only for him, but for his sister and the others. The fact that Sofia's been acting weird just makes him more anxious. There's so much he wants to ask her, but there's just no time.

The upside-down atmosphere felt rougher than ever. Sofia struggled to take deep breaths, as the four of them walked through the forest. Anxiety filled her lungs and all she wanted to do was to cry. Why the fuck did I crack the Russian code last summer?

Sofia softly hums the song Stay by Madonna as she and Robin walk hand in hand.

"I don't mean to freak anyone out, but I swear we've seen this tree before" Robin says.

"That's impossible" Nancy says.

"That would suck, right? If Vecna destroyed the world because... 'cause we got lost in the woods?" Robin jokes, to which Sofia chuckles.

"We're not lost, Robin" Nancy says.

"Follow me" Robin whispers to Sofia, as the two girls start running.

"Hey, guys! Watch out for the vines! Hive mind. Remember?" Steve warns them, again.