The Vampire's Last Omega

By GiveMeThatBread

Almost two centuries had passed since vampires emerged from the shadows. After declaring themselves as the do... More

A Little Introduction
Out of the Darkness
Bedtime Stories
Claiming Announcement
Silent Treatment
Sneaking Out
Angry Alpha
Captured
Dressed and Prepped
Auction: Part 1
Auction: Part 2
Introducing: Pride and Lust
Mint
OMEGAVERSE Explained
Bath Time
Nesting: Part 1
Nesting: Part 2
Taboo
Doctor's Advice
Die Hard
Lemon
Blood Donor
Weakness
Introducing: Envy
Health Inspection
Heat: Part 1
Heat: Part 2
Heat: Part 3
Heat: Part 4
Black Rose
Illiterate
Justice
Open Season
Rut: Part 1
Rut: Part 2
Hibernation: Part 1
Introducing: Wrath
Hibernation: Part 2
How to Challenge an Alpha
Parents
Times Square Auction
Shopping: Part 1
Shopping: Part 2
Defense Mechanism
Introducing: Greed and Sloth
Defend
Dominant
Blood: Part 1
Blood: Part 2
Elevator Roulette
Monsters Are Real
Pride
Phantom
Trauma
Honey
Synthetic Love
Early Release
Déjà Vu
Go Away
Rolex
Bang
Omega's Lament
Swing
Homesick
Lick
Meeting: Part 1
Meeting: Part 2
Meeting: Part 3
Peaches
The Third Theory
Marking: Part 1
Marking: Part 2
Marking: Part 3
Marking: Part 4
Surprise
Vanilla
Zodiac
Unstable
Decay
The Original Scent
[VLO Fan Art!]
Paradise
An Alpha's Nest
Cinderella
Event: Part 1
Introducing: Gluttony
Event: Part 2
Lust's Alpha
Pregnant
Reservation
Contract
White Collar
Blackness
Daydream
Mirage
Ryoma
Shift
Fading
Sweet Scent
Mate's Blood
Atonement
Love Yourself
House of Wolves
Humility: Part 1
Humility: Part 2
A Proper Alpha
Terminated
Angel of the Abyss
Abaddon's Army: Part 1
Abaddon's Army: Part 2
Lust's Plan
Final Battle: Part 1
Final Battle: Part 2
Omega's Choice: Part 1
Omega's Choice: Part 2
Black Feather
The Original Vampire: Part 1
The Original Vampire: Part 2
Three Heartbeats: Part 1
Three Heartbeats: Part 2
Cravings
Out of His League
Submissive: Part 1
Submissive: Part 2
Chastity: Part 1
Chastity: Part 2
Chastity: Part 3
Phase One
Phase Two
The Former King
Night Terrors
Intuition
[AU Episode] - The Red String of Fate
The Pack
Hybrid: Part 1
Hybrid: Part 2
Hybrid: Part 3
Lust's Virtue: Part 1
Lust's Virtue: Part 2
Lust's Virtue: Part 3
Lust's Virtue: Part 4
Stargazing: Part 1
Stargazing: Part 2
Stargazing: Part 3 [Fan Art]
Animal Blood
Future Memories
Lust's Hideout
Phase Three
Limits and Boundaries
A Broken Promise
Fires of Hell
Nesting Transfer
An Alpha Under My Bed
Lies and Truth
A Green Tulip
Into the Darkness: Part 1
Into the Darkness: Part 2
Nesting Hunger
Werewolf Nesting
Familiar Scents
Mark Me
Temptations: Part 1
Temptations: Part 2
Temptations: Part 3
Mysterious Condition
Who is This Alpha?
Sensing
But...
Fat Man's Misery
Leap of Faith
In a Pickle
Missing Person
Lost Time
[Bonus Chapter] - Conceive: Part 1
[Commissioned Art]
[Bonus Chapter] - Conceive: Part 2
[Bonus Chapter] - Conceive: Part 3
[Bonus Chapter] - Conceive: Part 4
Zombie [Announcement]
Epsilon
Leaving on a Jet Plane
Clingy [Fan Art]
Old Habits
Final Destination: Part 1
Final Destination: Part 2
Final Destination: Part 3

Playdate

5.5K 284 33
By GiveMeThatBread

Kieran snugged a mint green beanie hat over Teru's head. The puffball on top wiggled whenever he moved. It was difficult to bend his arms because of his black winter coat, which almost reached down to the floor. Next, Kieran wrapped a fuzzy scarf around his neck. He was hot and uncomfortable once the getup was finished after putting on mittens and boots.

"This feels weird," Teru complained. "I said I preferred the cold."

"And you," Kieran told him, "have never experienced New York winters. Today is the coldest day of the season and it snowed overnight. I'm hopeful the roads are cleared by now."

"And what about you? That's the same suit and coat you always wear."

Kieran connected his new watch's chain to his lower pocket. "Because I'm cold-blooded. We don't feel the below-freezing temperatures like humans do. Coats are just for aesthetic."

The vampire fastened Teru's collar and attached the leash. The urge to bite off the offending tether made his mouth itch.

They went down the elevator and through the building's lobby. Like last time, the nearby bloodsuckers paused to stare at the passing prince and his famous omega.

"Pride's showing his face so soon?"

"I wonder how long it'll be before the other sins challenge him for his rank. Perhaps for that cute human, too."

"My blood slave said she threw a good-sized stone at him."

Wow, they really had the guts to talk like that within earshot. Teru quickly glanced up at Kieran. He was expressionless, but surely he felt annoyed by these gossiping chickens?

When they were outside to go to the car with Viktor waiting for them, the bitter wind took Teru aback. His cheeks hurt. This was freaking cold, colder than the caves! Once situated in the sleek limousine's artificial warmth, Kieran asked, "Aren't you glad I made you bundle up?"

"I suppose." He was right. This was freezing, even for him.

The car drove away into the bustling traffic. Teru was finally going to see Lucas properly this time-no ruts, no random challenges, just two pack mates reuniting.

Kieran's face was serious. He had something to say. "Do you remember what I said about the Zhang's?"

From what Teru recalled, they were nasty, stereotypical bloodsuckers. "Yes, I do."

"Just...don't be surprised."

"Why would I be surprised? He's my best friend."

His red eyes narrowed at the words, 'my best friend.' Heavens, Kieran was easily jealous. "He's been with them for as long as you have been with me. I like to think I treat you better than most vampires do to their blood slaves. The Zhang's, as I mentioned, are ruthless toward their pets. What I'm getting at is, don't be surprised if that little alpha isn't the same person you knew."

Not the same person? Lucas? That was absurd.

While driving, Teru was more attentive to the city: the busy people, clean streets, and the working employees at the kiosks. They stopped at a red light. Teru watched with astonishment when a pair of laughing vampire children held hands with a smiling, yellow-collared human. That must be their blood slave. Were they like a nanny? The three were having a fun time drinking hot chocolate made by the coffee store behind them. If it wasn't for the small boy holding her leash, Teru would've thought they were a family.

Even so, they seemed happy, happier than many blood-related families in the caves and other packs nearby. It honestly sickened him when he almost understood why a miserable, dirty human would betray their pack for this life. Perhaps it wasn't all roses for everyone, but it was thought-provoking to see a real-life example of someone who had no regrets doing what they did to survive. There were so many things he didn't know and the dynamics behind these master-slave relationships.

Black Beauty was right; ignorance could be the worst thing in the world.

The limo pulled up next to a sign. He read the letters. C-e-n-t-r-a-l P-a-r-k. There was a children's playground, but it was void of any kids. The frozen lake was visible in the distance because of the leafless trees and dormant plants.

Viktor rolled down the divider between them. "Sir, we've arrived," he announced.

Kieran got first, went around to Teru's side, and held the door open for him like a true gentleman.

"We will return in one hour," he instructed his driver. The beta nodded.

Teru silently followed him into the recreational area. Though the sidewalks were shoveled and salted, they walked carefully to avoid slipping. When there was another powerful gust of biting wind, he lifted his head to smell the air. It had a hint of lavender.

Teru saw Lucas, who also wore a leash. While his was black to signify his omega gender, Lucas's was red. His heart hurt to see that color around his bruised neck. All the jokes and half-hearted stories about blood slaves seemed foolish now.

Lucas never took his sight off him as the distance between them shortened. Various expressions flitted across the alpha's face: relief, excitement, and disgust when seeing Teru's own collar peeking out from under the scarf.

"Prince Kieran," Duke Zhang greeted and bowed. The woman beside him did the same. This must be his wife. "Have you been well these days?"

"I have."

"That's splendid to hear. We were worried about your condition after the incident–"

Kieran shot him a cautionary glare not to talk about that. The Duke sputtered for a second before moving on. "I mean, er, what did you have planned for this meeting? It was rather sudden."

"Just to have these two meet up and play."

"Um, really? Is that all? I thought we would discuss possible breeding plans between them."

Teru wanted to recoil at this hawkish vamp's suggestion. Lucas shot daggers at Duke Zhang until the Duchess saw the defiant look. She slapped him on the back of his head to make him stop. The action stunned Teru because Kieran never struck him like that.

"Is that what you want to do?" Kieran asked aloofly. "Tell me more while they spend time together. It's better for them to rebuild their relationship. Conception is more successful when both aren't stressed or anxious."

"Oh, yes, I think you're correct, Prince."

Teru looked at the dominant alpha with shock. W-what? Wasn't this just a reunion? He was about to break his silent acting, wanting to snarl at this dumb man. What was with this turn of events? A surge of betrayal made him tremble under his stuffy clothes.

Kieran turned to him and kneeled so they were at eye level. He unhooked the leash. "Hurry ‌and go before I'm forced to say any more repulsive things," he whispered. "Stay around the area. If you can't see me, you've gone too far."

So...his words were a farce?

Kieran nudged him forward to his leashless packmate. It was awkward as they walked side-by-side to the swings with the vampires watching their every move. If he were a turtle, he'd be hiding in his shell to get away from their predatory stares.

When they reached the swings, Lucas stood behind one and grabbed the chains, gesturing for Teru to sit on it.

The three aristocrats finally turned their attention away from them and sat at a picnic table. The black-haired couple talked sporadically to Kieran like gobbling turkeys, probably spouting their proposal for breeding. Disgusting.

As Teru sat on the swing, Lucas didn't push him like he thought he would. Instead, he bear-hugged the omega from behind. Tears welled up in Teru's eyes; the last time they touched was at the auction.

"I'm so sorry about last time in the street. I was in pre-rut and smelling you just...I'm sorry. I missed you like crazy."

He grasped Lucas's arms to hug him back. "I missed you, too."

They quickly let go when they felt Kieran's murderous gaze on them. Lucas plopped himself on the other swing.

Teru observed him. Like he noted before, Lucas's condition was poor. His light brown hair had a fluffy, wavey texture from being recently washed and styled with expensive hair products. It looked like they applied some makeup to conceal his pale complexion. Teru wasn't fooled. The makeover couldn't mask the dark circles under his eyes, the scabbed fang holes on his neck, and the overall exhaustion. Where was his winter coat? While Teru wore every warm piece of articles known to man, Lucas only had a light jacket; it wasn't enough for this frigid temperature.

There was something about his scent, too, that made him uneasy.

"Say it," Lucas said.

"Say what?"

"That I look like shit."

They laughed. "Yeah, you look like shit."

Kieran was wrong. He was still the same person.

For the next thirty minutes, they talked about the good times and laughed when they played tag. His mom wasn't here to scold them for acting like pups.

"Let me show you this dance I learned!" Teru placed Lucas's hands on his waist.

The alpha turned red. "Since when could you dance?"

Obviously, they were bad. It didn't prevent them from having fun! Their giggles filled the quiet air.

Lucas grinned when they stopped dancing and pulled Teru's hips closer when he tried to step away. "Your health looks much better. Great, to be honest. I've never your face filled out like this, either. I bet that bloodsucker of yours wants to plump you up to improve your fertility chances."

Uh, okay? This sort of talk didn't sit well with Teru, so he skirted past the topic. "I miss home, especially the mint fields. I hope Hina picks a lot this summer."

"What do you mean? We'll be back by then." Lucas finally released Teru and grabbed his hand, guiding him to the lake. There was no one else around, which was a pleasant change from strangers' hungry curiosities. They peered at the icy beach, watching the geese waddling over the hardened water.

Teru looked back to make sure he could see Kieran. He barely saw his broad figure from where they were. If they went any further-

"Why are you looking at that cockroach?" Lucas barked, squeezing his hand too hard. His lavender scent turned musky.

Why in the world was Lucas getting mad? "Because Kieran told me to not go far. We shouldn't keep going."

"Kieran? Do you mean that Pride bastard? I didn't realize you two were on a first-name basis."

"Why does that matter–"

"Are all omegas so obedient? Following their master's every whim like a horny cocksleeve, ready to be used at any moment?"

Teru yanked his hand away, angry. His words were too much. Lucas would never say that! "What the heck, dude! What did you call me?"

The aggression in Lucas melted away when he realized what he had said. He scoffed, disappointed with himself. "I...don't know. I'm always surrounded by bloodsuckers who talk like that. It's been months, Teru," Lucas covered his reddening eyes. He sniffled. "I'm hurt every day. I'm beaten, I'm abused, I'm yelled at, and more. They pass me around like I'm nothing but merchandise. The things they've forced me to do were just-I lost my virginity while on some drug and I don't even know who I gave myself to. I think I've been in almost every rich vampire's bed in this god-forsaken city. Yesterday, they injected me with some liquid and then my rut..."

Now that he mentioned it, Teru realized why his scent was off. Why didn't he recognize it earlier? There traces of rutting pheromones. He felt like he had been dunked in the frozen pond in front of them. Teru's never seen him so broken before. "Was...was it green?"

"How do you know? Don't tell me they made you take it, too?"

They embraced, trembling when the past months' worth of trauma caught up to them.

"I've never been drugged, Lucas."

"Good. Don't ever let them. Does that vamp hit you?"

"Never."

"Thank heavens. The only way I'm able to survive is by thinking of you. There were countless times I wanted to give up, but those dark thoughts went away once I knew you were here. I'll sleep better tonight knowing you're not being hit by that slug. What about your blood? Has he bitten you?"

What would he do if he knew the truth?

"No." I can't believe I lied.

Lucas held Teru's face in his hands. "Soon, there will be an event held by the king on spring's Equinox. Nobles from all over the country will be there and I guarantee your bloodsucker will attend since he's the eldest prince. Make sure you go no matter what, okay?"

Teru wasn't unsure. Dr. Charles said his heat cycle wasn't predictable. "An event? It's probably not the greatest idea for me to be surrounded by other alphas with my unstable–"

Another splash of musky lavender washed over Teru. He wavered from the unannounced pheromones. Lucas's blue eyes were no longer affectionate.

"I said to be there. You have to. Do you understand?"

For once, Teru was wary of him. His face warped with desire-the desire to control.

"Y-yes..."

Lucas caressed his cheek. "Just wait another few months."

"Sure." He didn't know what to say, tongue-tied.

When Lucas tugged on his black collar, he gave off a deep, alpha purr. Teru's inner omega stood at attention for the wrong reasons. This sound meant...? Teru didn't purr back. It felt so, so wrong to do that with his best friend.

"I'll get rid of this collar, I promise. And when it's off, I'll bite–"

"You'll bite what?" a livid voice asked next to them. Neither had noticed Kieran approaching them. How much had he heard? "Are you courting my omega?"

"Your omega?" Lucas asked defiantly, on the verge of a challenge.

LUCAS!

The dominant alpha growled at him to back off. A monsoon of mint pheromones poured over everything in the vicinity.

He clipped the leash to Teru's collar. "Did you have fun?" he asked tensely, trying to be nice for Teru's sake.

"I did." The first half was fun, at least.

Lucas's owners ran over and roughly grabbed his red collar like he was a dangerous mutt about to lash out.

"Please forgive him, Prince!" Duke Zhang said before carefully asking, "Have you decided about the pairing-"

"For the third time, I said I'll think about it," Kieran interrupted. "You still owe me from when your wild blood slave attacked me. I'll summon you again." Lucas's owners would surely punish him later for acting out of line.

"Let's go. It's too cold for you." Kieran's tone was sharp.

Gosh, he's really angry.

As they strode back to the car, Teru had a new sense of purpose. His omega wanted to help Kieran in whatever way that was supposed to be and his human side also wanted to help Lucas. They'd all leave the city together, or he'd die trying.

One thing was certain-there was no future for him and Lucas in New York. All that awaited them was suffering, and sulking around the penthouse wasn't to solve anything. Yes, he missed his pack, but he needed to be strong for them.

And Kieran wanted to take him away. He was willing to face severe punishment later on for abandoning his royal duties so Teru can live peacefully without Abaddon, Tristan, and others chasing after him.

Teru's nape tingled again. It tickled him more often lately whenever he thought fondly of Kieran. It wanted to be bonded to him; maybe that time will come soon. There were some self-doubts he needed to sort through because he knew in the end, Teru couldn't have both his human pack and a vampire mate.

Right?

And to even think of a bloodsucker partner...

Yet, why am I not appalled by the idea of pairing with Pride?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 3.1K 54
The Hookhill Chronicles, p:1 You know when people say how it's like love at first sight when seeing their love for the first time? You look him in th...
54.1K 1.5K 29
Kai Ocean: 16 year old boy who's parents died when he was 11 due to their pack. An omega, which means he is seen as nothing but a slave. Gay and his...
36.3K 1.7K 69
A world where Beast tribes that live hidden away from the Humans, witches and warlock. A world where other animals also evolved with the apes but tha...
6.2K 276 18
Ashton is an Alpha who hides who he is due to the fear of getting feared, and Caleb is an omega who hides his identity since he hates how omegas are...