What Makes You Beautiful? | h...

By n1ghtchanges

At the age of 18, the one thing Charli Rose doesn't want to worry about is her parents death; but unfortunate... More

prologue
one: beginnings & pep rallys
two: a house party & harry
three: band practice
four: battle of the bands
five: hangovers at nando's
six: girls night out (pt. one)
seven: girls night out (pt. two)
eight: freakouts & car rides
nine: first gig & bitches
ten: harry styles & zayn malik
11: pranks & punches
12: charlotte & a crazy girl
13: stalker problems
14: chase & celebrations
15: morning after & texts
16: sleepovers & spice girls
17: dinner & heathrow
18: pickups & introductions
19: homecoming
20: georgia meets the guys
21: blast from the past
22: you lot are the worst
23: backyard talks
24: are you chicken?
25: together, we are trouble
26: niall's basement
27: date night*
28: maggie time
29: what the f
30: phone conversations
31: the devil himself
32: encounter with the devils mistress
33: two pieces
34: what do you have in mind?
35: stonehenge
36: when disaster strikes
37: breakdown
38: girl talk
39: alone time
40: blurred
41: walking in
42: are you done yet?
43: i really like you
44: i need a change
45: change is good
46: almost caught
47: drunk
49: thorpe park
50: lets try this again?
51: you're crazy*
52: road trip
53: crying on the beach
54: did he just?
55: the truth hurts
56: what happened?
57: serenade in a tent
58: surprise text
59: moving in
60: you'll pay for that
61: no, i'm harry*
62: bad luck*
63: dinner & a movie*
64: i'm here
epilogue
bonus: the wedding
bonus: the reception
bonus: flowers and garters*
bonus: the honeymoon
bonus: first ultrasound
bonus: announcements
bonus: new addition

48: best friends

222 3 0
By n1ghtchanges

*Charli POV*

When I woke up today, I had jumped right out of bed and ran to have a shower. I forgot to grab a change of clothes, so I tiptoed out of the bathroom to the closet in only a towel, hoping Harry wouldn't wake up and catch me in this position.

I quickly put on a bikini, along with a tank before grabbing a pair of shorts and carrying them into my room. I tossed them on the foot of the bed before slowly climbing on top of Harry.

He let out a soft groan before covering his eyes with his hands. I leant down and peppered kisses among his face and neck, intentionally missing his lips.

He removed his hands and squinted up at me, "What are you doing?"

"Attempting to wake you up, silly," I laughed and ran my hands through his hair. He peeked through his fingers before removing his hands fully and resting then on my legs.

"You should go shower, we're leaving soon."

"Leaving for where?" he asked, complete confusion in his tone.

"Thorpe. Do you remember last night when you said you'd come?"

"Hell no I'm not going. No fucking way Charli," he rapidly shook his head and tried to push me off of him. "You can have fun by yourself."

"You promised last night," I pouted and held my position. "If you don't go, you'll look like a chicken. Can't have that now, can we Mr. Styles?"

"Who heard me say I was going?"

"Niall and Georgia," I shrugged, and a look of relief washed over his face. "And Louis."

"Shit," a wave of terror briefly flashed in his eyes, closing them quickly and giving his head a quick shake.

"Yeah, shit. So get up and go get ready. We leave in half an hour," I bit my lip, not moving from my position on his lap.

"Um, that would kind of require you to move," he propped himself up on his elbows and smirked. "Although I'd prefer to stay like this all day."

"I'll bet you would."

"One kiss and then I get up?" he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Go have a shower, and I'll give you as many as you want."

His eyes lit up, and he asked for me to move. I giggled slightly and kissed his cheek, before jumping off of him.

I watched as he slowly made his way to the bathroom, mumbling at me to stop checking his bum out as he walked. A laugh escaped my mouth as I jumped out of bed, heading to Georgia's room and knocking three times on the wooden door.

"Come in!" she sang.

"Hey," I greeted, popping my head through the door. "Harry's in the shower now, so we'll be ready to go soon."

"I hope you're going to put pants on," Georgia snickered from across the room.

I looked down and shrugged, "I was planning on going like this; but if you want me to, I guess I can comply."

"I mean, one of the four of us probably wouldn't mind if you didn't wear pants, but he'd also probably be jealous as hell if you left like that."

"Which is why there's a pair of shorts laid out on my bed," I smirked and shook my head. "I'll come get you when we're ready, cool?"

She nodded her head and watched as I closed the door. I quickly made my way back to my room. I grabbed a bag from my closet, and went into the hall, grabbing a towel and tossing it into the bag.

I crept into the bathroom and opened the cabinet below the sink to grab the bottle of suntan lotion, tossing it in my bag as well. I made my way back into my room and plopped myself down on the bed.

I grabbed my phone off the table and figured I should talk to Brooke. It's been a few days since I last heard from her, and I need to at least let her know I'm alive.

To Brookie: Hey Brooke! I just wanted to say hi, I miss you so much. If you aren't busy, maybe you could come to the boys gig tonight. Don't feel obligated; I'd just like to see you. Love you!

I rested the phone on my chest and closed my eyes. It wasn't 30 seconds later when the device beeped, signaling a new message.

From Brookie: We'd love to! Mikey and I of course will. How has everything been?

I figured it's easier to call and talk knowing that she's awake, so I quickly dialed her number and held the phone up to my ear.

"Charli!"

"Hey Brooke!"

"You sound good! How is everything?"

"Actually really good. I'm sorry for not calling in like a year, I've just been so frustrated with all this bullshit."

"I completely understand. I feel bad that everything went down the way it did, but I know you're strong and will get through it."

I bit my lip and thought about how to answer, "I'm pretty much done with it. I wasted too much time moping over what could've been, instead of what is... and I realized how he isn't worth any more of my time."

"That's good. Don't waste another breath on that guy. I honestly thought he would never be the kind of guy to do that to you. I truly thought he'd be different; but I guess I was wrong. I'm so sorry for you having to go through it. I should've been there more-"

"Brooke, in all honesty, you were here for me. Your constant contact with me was enough to keep me going. I knew you had my back, and I know I didn't show it enough, but I really appreciated it."

"I love you, don't forget that."

"How could you think I'd ever forget that? I love you too Brooke!" I let out a giggle, making her laugh along with me.

"So what's new with your life? Any big news I need to know?"

"There's so much stuff that's happened in the past week, I don't even know where to begin," I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Oh! I got a haircut yesterday. It's shorter than my shoulders."

"You what!?"

"Yeah, I wanted a change. I was sick of my long hair, and it actually looks really good. I don't need to style it, because it's so short that it just does itself."

"Wow, I can't wait to see it tonight!" she squealed. There was a groan in the background, along with a muffled shut up before she hummed. "Um, what about why you're awake at eight in the morning! You're never up before noon."

"Oh! The four of us are going to Thorpe soon. Niall thought of it last night."

"So Niall, Georgia, you and I'm assuming Harry? But he doesn't like roller coasters, so probably not him."

"I know, he's such a baby. I had to beg him to come," I smiled and thought back to how I'd convinced him to go. I told him I'd give him a kiss if he agreed to go, which I still hadn't gone through with.

It also made me realize that so much has happened lately, that I haven't had any time to let Brooke know about Harry and myself.

"One minute Brooke," I mumbled and got up from the bed. I put the phone on mute and knocked on the bathroom door. No reply came, so I tried the knob and it was unlocked. "Harry?"

"Charli? What are you doing in here?" his head popped out of the curtain, his hair matted across his face.

"I'm telling Brooke about us... how I like you."

"What?" he shook his head, squinting his eyes slightly while staring.

"I'm on the phone with her, and she's my best friend and deserves to know-"

"Okay, okay. Um, can I get back to my shower?"

"Yeah, sorry!" I mumbled and shut the door, making my way back over to the bed. I took the phone off mute and put it back up to my ear, "Sorry about that."

"Mikey, stop it," She giggled, her voice slightly muffled before it got loud and clear. "Hey Char. Don't worry, it's no problem."

"Mike's there?" I asked in a playful tone, knowing she was full on blushing at my question.

"Charli..." her voice was serious, letting me know it's not the time to get into it. "What else is new?"

"I uh, there is one thing I left out..."

"What is it?"

"It's pretty big..." I trailed off, not knowing how to say it. I can tell her anything, so this should be easy.

"Well? Spit it out," she laughed loudly. "It's not like you're going to tell me that you and Harry are dating or anything. So just tell me."

"I- I erm... We..." I hummed quietly. "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about..."

A sharp intake of breath came from her end of the call, and I nervously bit my lower lip, "I was joking Charli."

"Well, we're not dating per say, but-"

"But what!?" she gasped.

"I like him. I like him a lot," I confessed, feeling the heat spreading across my cheeks.

"I can't believe this! Since when!?"

"I don't know really. I don't know how it took me so long to come to terms with it. Everything just... I don't know."

"When did you realize you liked him?"

"Honestly, I think deep down inside I've always felt something for him. I think it just came at the wrong time before. It was around when he was coming into the picture, and I hadn't felt that way before so I just brushed it off."

"Hmm," she hummed thoughtfully. "What made you figure this out?"

"Erm, he was leaving for work one day, and we accidentally kissed," I blushed as I spoke.

"You what?" her voice was full of shock. "What happened after the kiss?"

"He ran off to work. I didn't know what to do, so I went and told Georgia, and we talked about it for a while. Actually, almost the whole day. I just kind of came to terms with it."

"You make it sound like you had no choice."

"I don't think I did, B. I knew the second he left that I needed him back. I needed to kiss him again, a real kiss - not just one by accident."

"How did you tell him?"

"I didn't initially. He came home from work and walked in on Georgie and I talking. We had been talking the entire time he was at work, and didn't even realize it," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I had basically confessed that I liked him right as he walked in my room, and he stood in the doorway dumbfounded. He was like, 'You what?' in his typical deep Harry voice."

"I can't believe it. What happened after that!?"

"God I was so embarrassed. I turned away and tried to ignore him, but he's Harry. He wouldn't just let this go without talking about it."

"He's so stubborn like that."

"Tell me about it," I sighed loudly. "But if I'm honest, I'm glad he didn't let it go. I'm glad he forced me to talk about it because it probably wouldn't like this now if he hadn't."

"That's true. You tend to like to hide your feelings."

"It's easier that way."

"Not all the time," she laughed quietly. "So, is he a good kisser?"

"Truthfully? The best," I blushed from embarrassment again, even though I was by myself. "There's so much meaning behind every single one that at times I've forgotten about everything around me. And like, I can't tell you how hard last night was at the gig. Obviously Georgia and Niall knew, because they walked in on us one time... or ten times."

"You minx."

"Yeah, so no one knew about us. And all I wanted to do was just grab him and kiss him. But I had to control myself. I was tempted to drag him off for a bit to have my way with him, but figured that'd be even more suspicious."

"No shit. Wow, I can't believe you and Harry. That's just... wow."

"I really like him."

"Why? What is it about him?"

"I said this to Maggie when she was doing my hair, but he's so hot."

"I'll agree with you on that."

"Hands off, Brooke. You have Michael," I closed my eyes and laughed along with her. "But I literally can't stop thinking about him. He just... I feel like with him having seen me at my lowest before any of this started, I can only go up. He's been there literally through every tough moment of my life in the past four years, and the only other person I'd want to be there is you."

"Aww, how sweet of you."

"But seriously... he just makes me feel good about myself. I don't try with him; I just go with the flow. It doesn't hurt that he treats me as if I were a princess."

"It's because you are one," Harry's voice popped up and he flopped down on top of me. "Are you talking about me to Brooke?"

"Yes," I groaned under his weight.

"Isn't that cute," he laughed and started placing sloppy kisses along my neck. "Continue, please."

"Charli? Hello? Where'd you go off to?"

I rolled my eyes shoved his face away, wheezing slightly, "Sorry. He walked in and decided that I was going to be a bed, instead of just laying beside me on the actual bed."

"You like it," he murmured quietly.

"What is he doing?" she asked, her tone full of humour.

I pulled the device away from my ear and put it on speakerphone. Harry looked up at me before rolling his eyes, "Hey Brooke."

"Hey Haz. So I hear you're going to an amusement park today?"

"Don't remind me," he groaned. "She's somehow convinced me to go, and I'm completely regretting it."

"You're a grown boy, you can make decisions for yourself can't you?"

"I'm not a boy, I'm a man," he huffed in exaggeration. Brooke and I laughed loudly, which earned a glare from the boy on top of me. "Excuse me, I am."

"Sure, Harry," her laughter was heard, along with Michael in the background mumbling something about being a man too. "I should let you go then. You two have fun today. Keep it in your pants!"

"Like you and Michael did?" I questioned, a small smirk on my lips.

"Hush. We'll see you tonight. Bye you two."

"Bye Brooke," I mumbled and ended the call, looking up at Harry.

"She's coming tonight?" he asked, leaning down again and continuing his movements on my neck.

"Mhmm," I nodded and softly hummed, letting him continue his motions.

"You know Charli, you never gave me that kiss you promised me for coming today," he said in between placing small pecks among my neck and shoulder.

"Firstly it's mostly due to the fact that if I do, I know I won't stop," I blushed and covered my face up. "And secondly, we haven't left yet. You could change your mind so easily."

"Not fair," he pouted, meeting my eyes with his. He leaned down and placed a kiss on my forehead, "How did I get so lucky with you?"

"The real question is how was I so stupid?"

He shrugged and propped himself up on his elbows pulling most of his weight off of me, "I don't know. But at least you're not stupid now."

"Hey!" I scoffed, slightly offended. "That's so rude, Harry. You're not supposed to agree with me!"

"I don't agree with you thinking you're stupid. I just went along with it," he smirked and brought a hand up to brush a strand of hair out of my face. He tucked it behind my ear before smiling. "We should get up and finish getting you dressed. Although, I can't say I don't love this whole no pants thing you've got going on."

"Oh, this was all I was going to wear today," I shrugged.

Harry sat up straight, staring down at me with a slightly angry look, "Excuse me?"

I held in a laugh and pulled myself up, wrapping my arms around his shoulders. I quickly leaned in and gently brushed my lips against his, hearing him suck in a sharp breath.

There was a knock on the door and Georgia popped her head in. "Are you two ready to go?"

"I am!" I smiled and gently shoved Harry off of me. I pulled the pair of shorts on before taking my wallet out of my purse, and shoving it in the bag. I turned on the spot and quickly made my way out of the room, racing down the stairs.

"Are you not waiting for me?" Harry's voice called after me.

I stopped and spun around, watching him make his way down, stopping right in front of me. He smiled before bending down and kissing my cheek.

"I can't believe you're making me do this," he mumbled. "I hate stuff like this."

I shrugged and laughed, making my way over to slip on a pair of trainers, "I'm not forcing you to do anything."

"Okay, well I'll see you later then?"

"Okay! Have fun by yourself, Harry. Don't bug my grandparents too much," I shot him a wink and followed the other two out of the front door. I walked over to my car and leaned on the hood, waiting for him to storm outside and beg me not to go.

I obnoxiously held a hand out in front of me, and jokingly looked at my nails. The sound of the front door slamming shut pulled my attention up, seeing him strolling down the drive.

"Your car is too small for me fit in the back, so if I have to go, I'll drive," he groaned.

I clapped my hands and walked over to meet him. I quickly pulled his head down and gave him a kiss, before turning and walking around to the passenger side and getting in.

Niall and Georgia followed me and got in his back seat, where she snuggled right up against Niall's side.

Harry stood dumbfounded for a second, before getting in the car himself. "You know, someone could've seen that."

"So? When did that stop you last night?" I cocked an eyebrow at him, and Georgia laughed. He turned on the car and started on our way.

"You were pretty affectionate last night Harry..." she started. "I'm surprised Louis didn't come right out and ask about it."

"He didn't need to," I shrugged. "Although he did have lots of questions."

"Yeah. He just seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't drop something like that."

"Well, he kind of walked out of the bar and saw us kissing. He actually had lots of questions for us."

"Are you even trying to keep it a quiet?"

"Yeah, but apparently we're not trying hard enough," I laughed. "But honestly, I couldn't care less who knows."

"You probably want to scream it from the rooftop, eh Charli?" Niall dramatically winked causing me to roll my eyes.

"I don't know about rooftops, but maybe a roller coaster or two," I turned and looked at the boy beside me, nudging him gently with my elbow.

"Oh, please. I'm not going on one, Charli," Harry huffed. "You're lucky I'm even coming today."

"I am, am I?" I asked, slightly shocked. "Hey, no ones forcing you to come with us Harry. You made the conscious decision on your own."

"You bribed me!" he defended, making me laugh loudly.

"Wait, how did you bribe him?" Niall jumped into the conversation. "What are you giving him in order to come?" Niall winked at me, and I immediately flipped him off.

"You're disgusting, Ni," Georgia shook her head. "I'm sure that's not what she's bribed him with... right? Please tell me I'm right."

"You're kind of right," I nodded.

"So can we just like, not talk about what's going on between Charli and I for the rest of the drive?" Harry spoke up. "Totally not meaning it in a mean way, its just Niall always makes some sick joke about us, and it's getting old."

------------------------------

Authors Note:

Aww how cute. And lame.

This story just hit 5000 reads. Thank you so much! I figured I'd give you a special update just for hitting that milestone!

I never believed that this would hit 1000 reads, let alone 5x that! Thank you all so much!

All the love! ❤️️❤️️❤️️

As always... please comment and vote! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 89 22
Shaiden and Harry have been dating for a few months now. Harry had to move back to England with his mom after his grandma had passed away which resul...
438K 6.2K 25
"I'll never be happy here! I'll never love you!" I shout. "You already are, baby girl. Zayn and I see the way you smile when you're here." Harry says...
2.4K 119 22
Jordan is a nineteen year old that has been abused by her mom and dad her whole life. She decides to run away to find her celebrity brother. She als...
7.3K 79 46
A girl named Laura, aged 19,fell in love with Harry Styles. They were together for nearly a year until one day, Harry decided to go on X Factor and h...