๐‘พ๐’†๐’‚๐’”๐’๐’†๐’š

By HcrryPctter

๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ข ๐˜ž๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜š๐˜ญ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ? ๐˜–๏ฟฝ... More

โ— Y E A R 1 โ—
1. Hogwarts letter
2. Hogwarts Express
3. The sorting hat
4. Slytherin common room
5. Flying lesson
6. Halloween feast
7. Quidditch
8. Christmas at Hogwarts
9. Hufflepuff match
10. Dragons
11. The Forbidden Forest
12. Exam week
13. End of year
14. Home?
โ—‹ Y E A R 2 โ—‹
15. owls
16. Altercations in the bookstore
17. Reuniรณn
18. Favoritism
19. Immobulus
20. Enemies of the Heir
21. Slytherin, Slytherin, Slytherin
22. The Dueling Club
23. Petrified
24. Holidays
25. The attack
26. Detention
27. The Weasley family
โ–  Y E A R 3 โ– 
28. The book thief
29. Late night visit
30. Last day
31. Dementors
32. Divination and snakes
33. Care of Magical Creatures
34. One and the same
35. Boggart
36. Chocolate frogs
37. Intruder
39. Weasley is our queen
40. A Ghost Story
41. Canine
42. Dog's, turkey's, rat's and cat's
43. Bedridden
44. Hunger equals violence

38. Quidditch team

10.7K 497 151
By HcrryPctter

●●●

The November weather brought nothing but rain and frosted grass. Horrible weather to host a quidditch match in. But that wasn't the reason why the Slytherins were debating on canceling their match. It was because of Draco's supposed injury.

" What do you mean you can't play?" Flint's words were said loudly catching everyone's attention in the Slytherin common room. Amelia was sitting at one of the study tables with Aries, helping review some charms for his upcoming test when Draco decided to drop the news to his team.

" My arm is still hurt from the attack —"

" The attack was two months ago!" Flint said angrily. The veins on his neck popped out as he spoke.

" And it is still injured."

" Have Pormfey fix it."

" She has —"

" Well ask her again!"

Amelia watched. Astonished that Draco Malfoy was being yelled out by the captain. He always seemed untouchable, especially since his father bought the entire team new brooms to grant him a position.

" Just cancel the match." Draco shrugged, not caring about the deadly look he was receiving from Flint.

" You are costing us the quidditch cup Malfoy!"

" We'll get them next year." Draco waved off as he sat leisurely on the couch.

" This would be our last season!" A seventh-year argued. His face was red from simply looking at Malfoy. As Amelia watched the two players argue with their wounded seeker, Amelia smiled and looked over at her friend.

" Why don't you replace Malfoy?" Amelia asked Aries, who was practicing a spell.

" In what?"

" As seeker." Aries laughed loudly, completely dismissing Amelia's suggestion.

" Amy, I'm rubbish at quidditch."

" Really? Why did I assume Scammanders were good at sports?" Amelia asked out loud. Perhaps she was mixing him up with someone else. She wasn't sure.

" Ouch," Aries said. Plastering a fake hurt expression, " Why don't you?"

" Why don't I what?" Amelia hummed.

" Play Seeker? They are going to be looking for someone new after this stunt Malfoy is pulling." Aries said, side-eyeing the boy who ignored the yells of his captain, " Plus aren't Weasley's good at quidditch?"

" Are we?" She pondered. Not many in her family truly showed interest besides her brothers Charlie, Fred, and George. Although the twins were beaters. Charlie did make the team as a seeker. Then a captain. "Besides I doubt they will kick him out. Malfoy bought himself a spot on the team. No way he is going to be replaced." Amelia waved off and returned to looking at Aries'notes.

The Scamander boy looked at his friend, knowing that if she was capable of casting high-level spells then maybe she could easily shine as a seeker for the Slytherin team. Finally giving the house a win. Without a second thought, Aries sprung up from his seat and shouted at Flint.

" What Scamander."

" Weasley, here, is an amazing quidditch player. You should have her be a reserve for the Seeker position." Aries quickly said, lying through his teeth. Although he wasn't sure if Amelia could properly fly a broom. But the boy didn't have time to think about it before Amelia launched at him. Attempting to shut him up.

" Aries, what the bloody hell do you think you're doing?" Amelia grunted through her teeth as she pushed him down in his seat. But Flint had already heard him.

" Weasley, you say?" Flinch pondered before he looked at the girl with a curious glint in his eyes. " You're related to those Weasley Beaters aren't you?" he asked.

Amelia nodded.

" How sharp are your eyes? Is your vision good?"

" I suppose so. I don't need glasses—"

" Excellent! We have practice every morning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. The first match is in two weeks against Gryffindor. Do you think you'll be ready by then?"

Amelia stared at the boy, mouth ajar, face blank as she nodded in agreement to the instructions. The seventh year behind him looked pleased. They both sneered at Draco before leaving for their dormitories. Leaving her with Aries and Draco.

" What just happened?" She asked, confusion laced in her voice as she looked between the two boys.

" Are — are you trying to steal my spot on the team?" Draco asked. His eyes glared at the girl who still looked bewildered.

" I don't even like Quidditch," She huffed out before her eyes locked with Aries, who was smiling widely at her.

" You'll thank me later." Aries quickly said, packing up his books and notes as he looked at the Weasley girl.

" Aries why did you —"

" I'll cheer for you up in the stands." Aries quickly said before he dashed up the stairs to his dorm. Knowing the girl couldn't get him there.

For the rest of the two weeks, Amelia was swamped with homework since she was forced to sleep early because now she had quidditch practice to attend. Every other day the girl woke at five in the morning, got ready, and rushed down to the quidditch field where, her now teammates, stood. Staring at her questionably.

" Ready Weasley?" Flint announced as he grabbed a bag full of white gulf balls and ascended into the air. Not bothering to wait for her reply.

" Suppose," Amelia mumbled as she jumped on her broom and soared through the air. Aries was partially right, the girl wasn't bad on the broom ( so far). Although Amelia hadn't ridden a broom since her first year, her skills were a little dusty. Flint began throwing the white gulf balls at her to assess her skills while the rest of the team began their regular practice routine.

The look of surprise was the only thing that could be read on Flint's face. As he threw the gulf balls in every direction as far as he could, the Weasley girl managed to catch every single one of them. Without falling or slipping from her broom, unlike a certain seeker.

Once Amelia was established as a competent player, training truly began. They released the quaffle, Bludgers, and the golden snitch and played like it was a real game. As Amelia sat on her broom and looked attentively for the snitch, she realized how much harder it was. Gold surprisingly blended in well among the grass, stands, and sky. Ten minutes passed before Amelia finally caught sight of the snitch. She dove in quickly, hand stretched out in an attempt in catching it. But like a cat the more you try to near it the faster it ran away. In this case, fly away. She leaned forward to increase her speed, eyes locked in on the snitch. Once she was a good inch away, she launched her body forward. Far enough for her hands to clasp around the snitch and yank it toward her body. The broom flipped over and Amelia quickly settled herself in mid-air, snitch still safe in her fist.

" Did you catch it?" Flint yelled from across the field. Amelia held up the object, letting the snitch speak for itself.

" Bloody hell, we might finally win a match against the Gryffindors."

The weather worsened as the first quidditch match neared. The Slytherin team trained more to get the young Weasley comfortable with such conditions, though, Amelia hated every second of it. One afternoon, Flint decided to hold practice while it heavily rained. Amelia wouldn't have minded it much if it wasn't for the fact that practice ran a little late and she missed the first twenty minutes of dinner. To which all the good pieces of anything were long gone.

" You pigs." Amelia sneered hungrily as she ate whatever scraps of chicken that was left over. Even the healthier options like a salad were all gone and crumbs were all that was left of any dessert dish they had. Though her comment was directed toward the two boys that usually grab more than needed.

" Starving are you Weasley?" Draco asked, voice amused by her anger.

" Don't make me Hex you, Malfoy. I'm not in the mood," said Amelia. Voice laced with agitation.

" Why? Did a certain monthly visit finally arrive?"

Any Slytherin girl that was close enough to catch Malfoy's comment paused their conversation. Vicious eyes stared down at the boy. But Amelia's burned with anger. She gripped her wand from its position inside a sewed-in pocket in her robes and pointed it at him. No words were spoken just a flash of light and Malfoy's mouth was missing. The Slytherin table erupted in laughter as Malfoy touched the area where his mouth once was and his eyes almost bulged out of their sockets.

" What is the commotion?" The monotone voice of Snape stopped the Slytherin's amusement. Each student looked away, eyes forced on their food or quickly resuming halted conversations. A couple of people from other tables peered over, interested in what caused Snape to address his house.

Malfoy stood up. Fear was evident in his eyes as he pointed aggressively at the place where his mouth is supposed to be. Stifled laughs were heard by other students who caught sight of the Malfoy boy. Who looked to be on the brink of tears.

" And who did this to Malfoy?" asked Snape in an emotionless tone. Almost as if he didn't care who did it. But had to because he was in the presence of other teachers.

But no one spoke. Crabbe and Goyle almost said something but the piercing glares the Slytherin girls gave them were enough for the boys to keep their lips shut. In fear, something similar to Malfoy would occur to them.

" No one? Pity." Snape sighed. " Malfoy go to Madame Pomfrey to get that fixed." He instructed and the boy happily went. Crabbe and Goyle followed after him. Snape looked at the students attentively. Though Amelia swore she felt his eyes linger on her. As if he knew she was the culprit. But Snape didn't say anything. He left the great hall, robes fluttering behind him as he walked. And the room bustled back into chatter.

" Damn Weasley didn't know you could do that." A third-year said to her. Amelia politely nodded.

" Did you perform a nonverbal spell?" Blaise asked as he slotted himself beside Amelia and Theo seated himself across from her.

" I didn't mean to." Amelia sighed, " I'm just mad practice went over and I missed dinner."

" So you swiped Draco's mouth from his face?" Theo tilted his head in confusion. Not following Amelia's thoughts.

" In the heat of the moment yes," Whispered Amelia, eyes glancing down at her hands. Regret quickly grew in her chest. Although Malfoy deserved it, Amelia knew better than to magically cause his mouth to disappear. It wasn't right. Malfoy didn't even have his wand to defend himself.

" I should probably apologize to him right?"

" Hmm later, keep in that anger and let it out during the quidditch match."

And so she did. A day before the match and the weather was despicable. The winds were roaring and the rain showered down with no remorse. Amelia could only hope it would get better for tomorrow. She sat in her regular spot for Defense Against the Dark Arts, and a few Slytherins decided to willing sit around her. While Darco and his friends sat on the other side of the room. Ever since Amelia whipped his smile off his face, literally, Draco kept his distance. Not daring to be near the girl in any way.

" Turn to page 394. We will begin our lesson." The emotionless voice of Professor Snape snapped the whole class's attention to the front. Every student looked at their potions professor oddly.

" Sir, where is professor Lupin?" Dean Thomas asked. His voice quivered slightly when Snape's dark eyes glared at him.

"If you must know, Professor Lupin has fallen ill," said Snape in his slow way of speaking, "And I'll be coving him for class today."

Amelia stared at her professor as he began to write on the chalkboard behind him. The class was nowhere near ready to start their lesson on werewolves just yet. If she remembered correctly they were on the road to start learning about Hinkypunks.

" Now, Lupin did not leave —"

Snape's words got cut off by the door of the classroom slamming open.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Lupin. I —" Harry Potter stood at the entrance. Hair wet, clothes slightly soaked, and out of breath. He stared at Snape questionably. He looked around the room to be sure he was in the right room. Once he caught the sigh of Ron and Hermine he looked back at the Professor, confused.

"Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked.

"He says he is feeling too ill to teach today," said Snape with a twisted smile. "I believe I told you to sit down?"

But Harry stayed where he was.

"What's wrong with him?"

Snape's black eyes glittered. "Nothing life-threatening," he said, looking as though he wished it were. "Five more points from Gryffindor, and if I have to ask you to sit down again, it will be fifty."

Harry walked slowly to his seat and sat down. Snape looked around at the class. "As I was saying before Potter interrupted, Professor Lupin has not left any record of the topics you have covered so far —"

"Please, sir, we've done Boggarts, Red Caps, Kappas, and Grindylows," said Hermione quickly, "and we're just about to start —"

"Be quiet," said Snape coldly. "I did not ask for information. I was merely commenting on Professor Lupin's lack of organization."

Amelia sighed and raised her hand. Snape's eyes glanced at her for a second before he eventually called on her.

" Yes, Miss Weasley?"

" We are supposed to learn about Hinkypunks for our next lesson, Sir."

" As I said. Lupin left no record of the topics covered." Snape repeated. His eye twitched slightly, out of irritation.

" Today we will discuss —" The class watched as Snape flicked through the textbook, to the very last chapter, which Amelia could only assume he knew they haven't covered just yet "— werewolves," said Snape.

Amelia flipped to the last chapter, page 394, and looked through the material. She glanced at Snape questionably. Why was he so insistent that we learn about werewolves now?

"Miss Granger," said Snape in a voice of deadly calm, "I was under the impression that I am teaching this lesson, not you. And I am telling you all to turn to page 394." He glanced around again. "All of you! Now!" With many bitter sidelong looks and some sullen muttering, the class opened their books. "Which of you can tell me how we distinguish between the werewolf and the true wolf?" said Snape.

Amelia raised her hand, alongside Hermione Granger who looked slightly on edge.

" Yes, Miss Weasley?"

" Well, The appearance of a werewolf during a transformation is nearly identical to that of a true wolf, but the main difference is the fact that a werewolf has a slightly shorter snout, smaller pupils, and a tufted tail. The main difference is in the way they behave. A werewolf is very aggressive in comparison to a true wolf, and they prefer and target human prey." Amelia recalled the article she read long ago about werewolves and the dangers of lycanthropy in England.

" Excellent, Miss Weasley," Snape commented, " Ten points to Slytherin."

No one made a sound throughout the rest of the lesson. They sat quietly and made notes on werewolves from the textbook, while Snape prowled up and down the rows of desks, examining the work they had been doing with Professor Lupin. Amelia focus on her work, drawing out any murmurs that came out from the Gryffindors.

But when Ron made a rude comment about Snape's teaching, he earned himself detention. Every Gryffindor quieted down after that.

"Very poorly explained... That is incorrect, the Kappa is more commonly found in Mongolia... Professor Lupin gave this eight out of ten? I wouldn't have given it three..."

When the bell rang, Snape held them back. "You will each write an essay, to be handed into me, on the ways you recognize and kill werewolves. I want two rolls of parchment on the subject, and I want them by Monday morning. It is time somebody took this class in hand. Weasley, stay behind, we need to arrange your detention. "

For a second Amelia looked at her professor confused before she noticed Ron walking up to the front. Right. That Weasley.

Amelia walked out with Theo and Blaise.

" That was the most I have seen Snape so annoyed," Blaise commented. The three of them made their way down to the dungeons.

" What was that too? He had us learn about werewolves when we are far from the subject." Amelia said. Looking at the boys for any insight.

" Maybe he is right? Lupin isn't teaching us the right things." Theo said. Blaise uttered the password and they walked into the common room. Quickly claiming a study table near the window.

" Don't be daft. Lupin is the best Defense teacher we have ever had." Amelia said. Pulling out new pieces of parchment to start her essay.

" Suppose so." Theo shrugged off.

" Oi, Weasley!"

Amelia cringed at the sound of Flint's voice. At the last practice, Amelia told him that she should rest. So she could save energy for when the first match starts. Though her suggestion was true, the girl was also terribly exhausted from waking up so early and all the extra practice Flint would force her to do.

" Big day tomorrow. You ready?"

" You bet I am." Amelia grinned, hoping that he would leave her alone.

" Remember, we have to do anything to get a win against those Gryffindors"

" Yes, yes. I got it."

Amelia waved off as her team captain walked away.

" Aren't you excited?" Blaise asked.

" Sure?"

Word of Amelia playing seeker spread around the Slytherin house. Others questioned if Draco was officially off the team, which resulted in the Blonde boy angrily yelling at anyone that suggested he such lies.

Justin and Ernie were the most shocked out of everyone. To them, Amelia wasn't the sporty type. If anything it was impossible to convince her to attend a match. She went to a couple in her first year out of curiosity ( and not wanting to be left out). But the game never intrigued her as much as the homework that all the teachers would assign. This is why the two boys thought she was telling a horrible joke when she mentioned she was a reserve seeker.

" That's the worst joke I have ever heard," Justin said. The three of them sat in the library. Books spread out as they review material for an upcoming test in charms.

" I'm not though. Aries recommended me."

" Have you ever played quidditch before?" Ernie, a new Beater for the Hufflepuff team, asked the girl.

" I will at our first practice."

" Oh, sweet Merlin." The boys sighed.

" It's a little insulting that you are now a seeker while I failed to become keeper," Justin commented. Cedric announced the new team members a week after tryouts. He was incredibly happy for Ernie, who wanted to be a part of the team since his first year. But Justin couldn't help but feel like he failed. Although he didn't show it. He did want to be the new keeper, badly.

But Cedric told him to try out again next year.

" What does Diggory know? You blocked all those faster than that other Hufflepuff." Amelia told him. She saw his dedication on the field. He deserved the spot more than the other person did.

" Thank you, Amy."

" Will us Hufflepuff's be playing against you in any other future matches?" Ernie asked. Intrigued by the possibility of playing against her in the future.

" Merlin, I hope not." she sighed, " Only until Malfoy's arm gets better."

" Which will be?"

" I have no clue."

On the day of the Match, Amelia woke up early. A little too early. The room was still dark, no ray of light reflective in by the black lake. The distant sound of the sky rumbling and the faint sound of the wind roaring could be heard. Amelia sank in deeper into her bed, nervous about her first match. She cursed Aries under her breath for nominating her. She did not want to leave the warmth of her bed in exchange for quidditch robes. But once a slight stream of light glowed in the room, Amelia rolled over in her bed and got up.

She walked to the great hall, her hair tied in a tight bun as she wore the Slytherin team robes with a number 7 displayed on her back. Once she sat down, she immediately stuffed her face with a large bowl of porridge. More students began to fill the room and soon enough, Amelia noticed the Gryffindor team eating breakfast.

Two pairs of stray eyes glanced at the Weasley. They took note of the team robes she wore. And once breakfast was halfway through, they noticed how the Slytherin Captain and other members surrounded her. Giving her what appeared to be a pep talk. Or whatever the equivalent of a pep talk was.

Fred and George looked at each other. Eyebrows raised in the question of their sister. They had caught word that the Slytherins have gotten themselves a reserve seeker. And the rumor was that Amelia Weasley had been appointed to the position. Of course, the two boys didn't believe it. Like everyone else. They dismissed it as a joke that some Slytherins spread to distract them. But now as they see their sister chatting with Flint and the rest of the team, they nudge at Oliver Wood.

" Is that their reserve seeker?" Alicia asked, looking at the familiar Weasley face in the green robes.

"It's going to be a tough one," said Wood, who wasn't eating anything.

" You think so? I don't think Amelia knows how to properly ride a broom," said George.

" She probably doesn't even know what a golden snitch is," added Fred.

" I don't know. She could be like Charlie, you know. He was one hell of a good seeker." Oliver commented, worry occupying his voice.

"Stop worrying, Oliver," said Alicia soothingly, "we don't mind a bit of competition." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67K 2.4K 24
๐” ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฏ๐”ถ ๐”ญ๐”ฆ๐”ข
389K 10K 55
โ„ญ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฆ๐”ซ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ: ๐”ฑ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฉ๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ โˆ˜โ‚Šโœงโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โœงโ‚Šโˆ˜ โ แด˜แด‡แดแด˜สŸแด‡ sแด€ส สŸษชา“แด‡ ษชs ษดแดแด› า“แด€ษชส€. ษช แด›สœษชษดแด‹, า“แด€แด›แด‡ ษชs ส™แด€ษชsแด‡แด…. า“แดส€ sแดแดแด‡ สŸษชา“แด‡ ษชs ษขแดแดแด…, า“แดส€ แด›สœแด‡ ส€แด‡sแด› ษชs...
273K 2.1K 143
โ„๐•–๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•’๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•ค๐• ๐•ž๐•– โ„โ„™ ๐•“๐• ๐•ช๐•ค ๐•ฃ๐•–๐•’๐•”๐•ฅ โ„๐•–๐•’๐••๐•–๐•ฃ ๐•ฉ โ„โ„™ ๐•“๐• ๐•ช๐•ค ๐•‹๐•™๐•–๐•ฃ๐•– ๐•จ๐•š๐•๐• ๐•“๐•–: โ€ข ๐•Š๐•ž๐•ฆ๐•ฅ โ€ข ๐”ธ๐•Ÿ๐•˜๐•ค๐•ฅ โ€ข ๐”ฝ๐•๐•ฆ๐•—๐•— โ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™ก...
7.8K 130 40
๐˜/๐ง ๐‚๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ซ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ƒ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐จ ๐Œ๐š๐ฅ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฒ ๐š๐ซ๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ...