Injustice 3: Rings War (Book...

By LongShot1225

The situation worsen when Superman invade the Green Lantern Corp. With the aids of his regimes army, betas fl... More

Prologue: The Man in Sunglasses
Chapter 1: Assessment Test
Chapter 2: Return
Chapter 3: Doctors Appointments
Chapter 4: Doctors' Diagnosis
Chapter 5: Full of Fates
Chapter 6: A Magical Meeting
Chapter 7: More
Chapter 8: A Little Bit Broken
Chapter 9: Magical Gathering
Chapter 10: Bird of Dark Fate
Chapter 11: The Doctor is Out
Chapter 12: A Guest in the Base
Chapter 13: S-O-S
Chapter 14: Choices
Chapter 15: Steps
Chapter 16: The Rusted
Chapter 17: Set Sail
Chapter 18: Greeting Party
Chapter 19: A Super Invitation
Chapter 20: Oa
Chapter 21: Rabbit and Carrot
Chapter 22: The Newest Green Lantern
Chapter 23: Willpower
Chapter 24: Help is Here
Chapter 25: Up and Away
Chapter 26: A Test of Will
Chapter 27: The Main Men
Chapter 28: Clash of the Green Lanterns
Chapter 29: Faction
Chapter 30: Seeing Red
Chapter 31: The Last Red Lantern
Chapter 32: Taken
Chapter 33: The Biggest Green Lantern
Chapter 34: Safe Haven
Chapter 35: The Second Invasion
Chapter 36: Enter Gods
Chapter 37: Return Favor
Chapter 38: Among Us
Chapter 39: Bit of Blue
Chapter 41: Turnover
Chapter 42: Escape from Oa
Chapter 43: Answer
Chapter 44: Stronger Will
Chapter 45: Two Rings Short
Chapter 46: B.U.Gs
Chapter 47: Rescue Mission
Chapter 48: Lost
Chapter 49: A Common Goal
Chapter 50: Truce
Chapter 51: Apokolips
Chapter 52: Upgrade
Chapter 53: A Family Matter
Chapter 54: Permission
Chapter 55: A Spark
Chapter 56: One on One
Chapter 57: Red, Blue, and Yellow
Chapter 58: Sunglasses Off
Chapter 59: Lies
Chapter 60: My Words
Chapter 61: Therapy
Chapter 62: Double Trouble
Chapter 63: Fakers
Chapter 64: Take a Breath
Chapter 65: Rest and Rescue
Chapter 66: Ganthet
Chapter 67: Altogether
Chapter 68: The Fall of Oa
Chapter 69: Self-Sacrifice
Chapter 70: The Tiniest Bit of Hope
Chapter 71: See You Later
Chapter 72: Epilogue

Chapter 40: Red and Blue

33 1 2
By LongShot1225

The Man with the Red Lantern Ring:

I focus my rage and shoot out my ring. A solid, bright-red shooting out, it hits the ground and forms a staircase. Pulling back my ring, I run up the stairs, with Saint Walker following after me.

"This cannot be right," Saint Walker says as he flies beside me. "My blue ring should cancel out your red ring, and yet, you're running on a staircase made from rage. By the way, why are you running? I do not want to be rude, but you do know those with rings, whether they be blue, red, or green, can fly. Right?"

"Of course I know that," I say, reaching the top of the stairs. As I step foot onto the final step, I see Kilowog and his band of idiotic green lanterns charging toward us. Despite the ring of rage on my finger, it seems Kilowog is angrier.

The second he can, he shoots out his green ring and fires a green beam. The green beam heading for us, I form a red staff and swing it. Hitting and redirecting the green beam, we all watch as it shoots into the sky before disappearing.

The green lanterns surround Saint Walker and me. They hover in the air and aim their rings at us. As they prepare to shoot, I see everyone except me glowing brighter. It seems like more energy is emitting from them than usual.

"Your ring is giving them extra fuel," I say. "You do know they're also trying to bring you down. Right?"

"It is not my fault," Saint Walker replies, staring at his ring. "My ring is powered by hope, and apparently, was designed to add extra power to the green lantern rings."

"Awesome," I say, "My partner is supercharging the same green lanterns that want to destroy us. Maybe I should have asked Kara instead of you."

"Fire," Kilowog screams, he and all the other lanterns shooting. Grabbing Saint Walker, I swing my hand and turn the staircase into sands. Dropping down, the lanterns all accidentally hit and knocks each other around.

Landing on my feet, I let go of Saint Walker and run.

"I got Kilowog and those two. You handle those three."

I channel my rage into another staff and stab one end into the ground. The staff bending, it launches me into the air as it straightens itself and I shoot out my feet, hitting Kilowog.

Laria:

"No way," I say, looking back after reaching the Rusted. "That can't be."

"What," a young Earthling asks, stopping beside me. "What are you looking at? Oh, no way. Hey Professor, are you seeing this?"

The young Earthling grabs the arm of another Earthling, this one appears to be a little older than he is.

"My word," the elderly Earthling says. "He, The Man, is using a red lantern ring. That's amazing."

"Amazing," the young Earthling repeats. "It's bad."

"Well, yes, it is bad, but clearly, he seems to be handling it quite well. That man, The Man, he obviously knows more about the many lantern rings than other of us."

"He does," I think to myself, watching as The Man battles the green lanterns. A green beam hitting the spaceship shakes it and almost knocks the three of us down.

"Come on," I say, grabbing the two and carrying them in.

The Man:

Screaming as I jump into the air, I raise my ax before swinging it down and destroying the wall. The wall crumbling before us, I kick the green lantern back before turning around. I turn the ax into a sword and rise it.

Kilowog screams as he charges toward me. Swinging down a giant green hammer, I block and hold it back.

Our weapons scratching against each other as we push, Kilowog starts to split in my face.

"Give them back," Kilowog yells, "Give the traitors back!"

"Piss off, big-and-ugly," I reply, "They're with us now, meaning they're under our protection!"

Kilowog pulls back his arm and tries to punch me but I jump back.

"Let's see how much protect those two from this," Kilowog screams, slamming the end of his hammer into the ground. Green energy shoots through the ground toward me, I rise my arm and form a red shield. Slamming the shield into the ground, I block all the energy.

"I seem to be doing fine," I say, getting back up. "Now, it's my turn."

The shield fading from my hand, I focus my rage into the ring and then punch the ground. Like Kilowog, red energy shoots through the ground toward Kilowog. Despite Kilowog flying into the air, he couldn't get away. The red energy bursts and the shockwave sent him flying away.

"One down," I say, turning around to see more green lanterns flying toward the Rusted, with Tomar-Re leading them. "20 more to go. Joy."

Saint Walker:

Spinning through the air, I land on my feet and shoot out my ring. A blue beam shoots out and wraps itself around the green lantern. Before he can break out of it, I pull and swing him into his fellow lantern.

"Apologize," I say, putting my hands together and bowing my head, "But I do believe I was left with little choice."

"Hey bastich," someone yells from up above. Looking up, I see a green lantern on a flying motorcycle. This green lantern had very pale skin and long black hair. Also, he seems to be smoking at the moment. "Listen up here buddy. I have no clue who you are but considering you're fighting with that guy over there, it's possibly safe to assume you're no friend of us green lanterns. So, suck to be you."

Holding out his hand, a blaster forms right in it. Shooting, I swing my hand and summon a wall to protect me. However, this lantern must be strong. His attack goes right through my wall, breaking it and hitting me.

The Man:

"Saint Walker," I say, seeing the blue guy skidding against the ground. Turning back to the lantern in front of me, I watch as he swings his sword and cuts my staff.

My staff breaking into two, I jump to the side as the lantern steps forward and tries to slice me. Seeing an opening, I hit the back of his knee with my baton. Screaming as he falls back, I knock him out with a quick baton to the head.

"Don't make this any harder than it already is," Tomar-Re says, shooting a claw at me. Throwing one of my batons as the claw, I send it flying to the ground. Tomar-Re had no choice but to pull it back. "Just give us Arisia and Laria. They need to be put on trial."

"Yeah," I say, looking at the other green lanterns as they land beside Tomar-Re and step toward me. "They need to be put on trial? They need to be in a room filled with people that already decided their outcome? They need to be judged and harass without even a chance to say what they have to say? Yeah, pass."

"This is not up for debate," Tomar-Re says.

"Just give it up already," Garnder says, landing beside me.

"Oh you know," Lobo says, stepping forward. "You can keep fighting. I wouldn't mind that."

He smiles as he bangs a crowbar against his hand.

As the green lanterns approach me, I look at the baton still in my hand.

"Fine then," I say, smiling. "You guys can keep fighting, but not us."

Moving fast, before any of them could shoot me, I wind up and throw my baton high into the air.

"What was that," Garnder asks, looking at the baton and then at me. "A distraction? It's a bad distraction. You're still surrounded."

"Bull-yah," I say, watching as a shadow looms over Garnder. Garnder noticing the shadow looks up, only to see the belly of a fallen bull.

"What the-," Garnder says, changing target. He fires but it isn't enough. My red bull not only flattens Garnder but also draws the attention of the surrounding lanterns.

They scream and fly back as my bull charges toward them. However, as my bull runs, it creates a path underneath its feet. Charging right into the air, it knocks a few lanterns around. While Booyah the Bull deals with the green lanterns, I grab Saint Walker and carry him toward the Rusted.

While carrying Saint Walker, he wakes up.

"Uh," he moans, blinking a few times. "Where are you taking me?"

"As much as I hate to say it," I say, "And I really hate to say this but we're getting off Oa."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.6K 2.3K 141
After Mon-El is sent away and Barry is trapped in the Speed Force, Iris and Kara only have had each other for the past seven months. Sure, they stil...
1.4K 73 4
When one of the greatest heroes on Earth, loses the only person he cared for in the world, after losing so much, his family, friends and now his supp...
17.8K 231 16
The Man of Steel of Steel returns to face his greatest challenge out of tough love from a parent figure to a child like him After the invasion of Zo...
14.2K 198 18
Encaged in ice, sleeping only to be found by Batman. Ghidorah emerges out from his icy prison to fight for justice and freedom of people like him. Wo...