Falling Effect

By holl1e27

The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrap... More

SYNOPSIS AND AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHARACTER AESTHETICS AND PLAYLIST
Prologue
1. Finding Out
2. Telling the Truth
3. To Forgive or Not To Forgive
4. Twins are Genetic!
5. Whining and Dining
6. Hockey Pucks, You're Fucked
7. Twin Sisters and Little Sisters
8. Nightmares and Comfort
9. Drinks and.. Forks?
10. Rough Night?
11. Future Sister-In-Law
12. Kicking and Screaming
13. All Mine
14. Intimate
15. Date Night
16. She Was Never Yours
17. Beach Boys
18. Mama and Mamacita
19. There Will Be No Cocomelon in This House
20. Daddy Issues
21. Lover Boy
22. Forever and Always
23. I Do
24. Love is More Than A Four Letter Word
25. Bonded For Life
26. Get Pucked
27. Gala Preparations
28. Needy
29. Baby Voice Activated
30. Christmas Eve-Eve
31. Baby's First Christmas
32. Sunday Mornings
33. Mother Pucker
34. (Double) Lunch Date
35. Beach Babies
35. Mornin' Lovin'
36. Powdered Sugar
37. Die-Hard Swifties
38. Cup Finals
39. Fantasy Land
40. Yes, Asher Still Loves Taylor Swift
41. Precious Moments Ruined
42. Lost Your Mind
43. Trial and Error
44. Walking and Talking
45. 365 Days
46. Not Just Another Sweet Romance
47. Sick Days
48. Birthday Boy
Epilogue - Forever My Always
BONUS CHAPTER - 1
Most Valuable Parent?
Book Poll - Updated!
Spin-Off: In Dirty Harmony - Release Date Announced!
Book 2: Falling Forward
Book 3: Falling Together

BONUS CHAPTER - 2

20.1K 411 59
By holl1e27

2 years later...

"Da da!" I hear Auggie's voice as I make my way down the stairs.

"What Bubsy?" Greyson asks.

Bubsy quickly became Augustus's nickname after Asher tried to call him Bubby, since he wanted them to have the same nickname, but it kept coming out as Bubsy. So, of course, it stuck.

"Juice!" He says as I walk through the doorway.

"Ma ma!" Adelaide squeals, bouncing on the Learning Tower Step Stool.

"Hi Sissy." I say, scooping her up in my arms.

"Bub?" She asks, referring to Asher.

"Soon Sissy." I say, looking at the clock on the microwave.

Every week at the same time she asked when we got to go pick him up from practice. Seeing as though we homeschooled the kids after kindergarten, the twins didn't take lightly to them being gone.

I walk around the counter, "Hey baby." Greyson says, leaning down to place a kiss on my lips.

"Kiss." Adelaide says, leaning forward before Greyson chuckles and places a kiss on her lips.

"Hi Sissy."

"Hol me." She says, still not able to pronounce the letter 'd' very well.

Greyson puts his hands out, scooping her up in my arms.

"Mi Mi!" Auggie yelled. A couple of minutes later Mia came prancing in. "Treats for Mi Mi?" He asks.

"Yeah Bubs."

He smiles, leaning forward to grab a treat out of the jar before sliding off of the kitchen step stool. She gently takes the treat from him and he claps. "Baby Mel?"

He asks referring to Cocomelon.

"Yah Bubs, come on." I say, putting my hand out.

Although, I couldn't wait until the other two heathens returned home so we start watching the new season of Bluey. 25 brand new episodes, meant no rewatching old episodes for the next couple of days and I couldn't be happier.

Bluey or Gabby's dollhouse, (aka, Bwuey and Gabbycat or Kwitty), had become religious in this household. We eat sleeped and breathed that blue dog and 20 year old girl that turned into a cartoon.

"No! Bingo!" Adelaide yelled, referring to Bluey's little sister.

"Hey. We do not yell." Greyson calmly scolded. "We can't watch Bingo without Bubby and Sissy." He says, poking her stomach, making her giggle.

"Mel baby!" Auggie whined, pulling my arm. They had missed a nap today, and it was showing.

After finally getting the twins settled on the couch, in our laps, to watch Cocomelon for a while, it was time to go pick Asher up from soccer and Aspen up from hockey.

To say Greyson was ecstatic that he'd gotten not one, but two kids to play hockey so far, was a massive understatement. You should've seen him the day he bought two little pairs of skates.

"Sis, wanna go get Bub?" She absolutely adored Asher and it was by far the cutest thing ever.

"Bubby!" She squeals, reaching for me from Greyson's lap.

"Sissy?" Auggie asks.

"Yeah, Bubs." Greyson says, standing up and stretching.

Auggie reaches his arms out for me as I pick him up, one twin on each side of my hip. "Bubby!" Adelaide kicked her legs against my side.

"Sissy, don't kick."

"Sowwy." She says, laying her head on my shoulder. "Wubby?" She asks referring to a WubbaNub pacifier.

"No Sis." I say and she pouts. She'd used a pacifier far longer than the rest of our kids had. She finally slept all the way through the night without it last night. "Pwease?!" She pleads.

"No ma'am." She instantly starts crying and reaching for Greyson.

"Come on, let's go get Bubby and Sissy." He says, patting her back. We head out to the car, her calming down as Greyson sweetly talked to her.

We pull up to the soccer field that's only about 10 minutes from the house. Spotting Asher chugging his jug of water. "Typical." Greyson says, laughing.

A couple of minutes later he comes walking over to the car, his face bright red and his hair wet, although, it's probably more water than sweat. The kid liked to pour water on himself to make it look like "he sweat like a man", according to him.

Greyson reaches his hand up, pressing the button for the automatic van door to open. Adelaide starts bouncing excitedly in her seat as Asher comes into her view. "Bubby!" She screams when he jumps up in the van.

"Hi Sissy." He says, kissing her on the cheek before climbing into his car seat, and buckling his seat belt, in the very back row.

"How was practice Bub?" Greyson asks, backing out of the parking space.

"Brutal. Do you see all this man sweat I got going on?" He asks, shaking his head, as what is definitely mostly water, goes everywhere. He pulls the top of his shirt over his nose, "I smell bad too."

"What, you need some deodorant now?" I ask, chuckling.

"I didn't know man sweat smelled like cheese and crackers." He says and I look at Greyson, the two of us stifling a laugh.

"Bub.. it doesn't." Greyson says, shaking his head.

"Oh. Darn. I'll be a man soon. Just gotta wait for that leg hair to come in." He says, nodding his head.

"Leg hair?" I ask and he grins.

"Yeah, Miles already has his, he's cool." He says and I laugh.

"Dad has leg hair, is he cool?" Greyson asks.

"Totally. But, you're also famous, so that's some brownie points." He says, reaching into his backpack for something. "Look Sissy, I drew you something." He says handing her a price of paper.

"That's sweet Bub." I say before his eyes widen. "What's wrong?"

"I have to pee. Like right now." He says, shifting around in his car seat.

"Asher." Greyson all but whines.

"Just pull over, I got this." He says, putting his hand out towards us.

Greyson and I give each other a look. Technically we were surrounded by trees and there were no cars. Since we lived on a private drive/beach, the scenery and streets were peaceful and not busy at all.

Greyson pulled off to the side before Asher quickly undid his seatbelt and hit the button to open the door. He stood on the edge of car, still inside, pulled down his pants, and started peeing.

"Asher!" I scolded through laughter.

This made him laugh and push his hips forward slightly, "Look Dad, it's a rainbow!" He says and I look over at Greyson to see him dying of laughter.

"Look at that arch!" He adds and I shake my head.

Of course the twins were laughing just because everyone else was. Greyson accidentally hit his head against the window from laughing so hard. I slapped his arm, "Greyson, stop encouraging it."

"You're laughing too." He says, pointing his finger at me.

"All done. We may leave the crime scene now." He says as I hear the door click and he sits back in his car seat.

"Asher Everette. Who taught you that?" Greyson asks, still laughing as he pulls back onto the road.

"Taught myself. I'm quite the little genius." He says, grinning mischievously.

"Oh boy." I sigh, leaning my head against my hand.

Greyson reaches over, placing his hand back on my thigh, before signaling to turn left.

"Dad, I think you passed our house." Asher says looking behind him.

"Are you forgetting you have another sister?" Greyson asks, raising a brow, looking at him through the rear-view mirror.

Asher laughs, "Oh yeah. That little dweeb."

"Hey. Do not call your sister a dweeb." Greyson scolds.

"Well, she is one."

"That's not nice, Asher."

"I am her brother. I am supposed to do things, like call her a dweeb." He says, shrugging his shoulder.

"Dweeb: no. Little shit: yes." Greyson says, causing me to slap his arm.

"I can say that word?" Asher asks in a hopeful tone.

"No." Greyson and I say at the same time.

"Dweeb it is then." He mouths.

"Bub, you must be asking for no TV tonight." Greyson threatens.

"What?!"

"What's with the attitude lately. You haven't been very nice." I say, looking back at him.

"Lucas said it's cool." He says.

"I never liked that little shit." Greyson mumbles.

"Bub, I think it's time we aren't friends with Lucas anymore." I say.

"But, he's on my team." He whines.

"I didn't say you had to be enemies. We just don't want you being friends with someone like that. If he talks to you, be nice, but don't go out of your way to talk to him." I say and he looks out the window.

"What if he's mean to me?"

"Punch the little fucker." Greyson says under his breath, but I heard it.

"That's something we'll talk about if that happens." He says louder, pulling into our local ice arena.

"Who wants to go get Sissy?" Greyson asks as both the twins start squealing. Greyson pulls up on the sidewalk, putting the car in park.

"Sissy!" Adelaide squealed as Greyson got out. I reach behind me, unfastening Auggie's harness seatbelt as Greyson did Adelaide's.

He held Auggie in his arms as Adelaide walked beside him, her tiny hand in his large one.

"When is Daddy's next game?" Asher asks.

I look at him through the rear-view mirror. "Tomorrow night."

"Do I get to go?"

"Yeah, Bubby." I say and he smiles.

A little over 5 minutes pass before Greyson comes walking out, three kids in tow. Aspen walks, a twin on each hand, as Greyson carrie's her bag full of gear.

I open the automatic door and Aspen comes climbing in, "Hi Mommy!" She says, climbing in the back.

"Hi baby." I say, looking over my shoulder.

"Asher, this is man sweat." She says, pointing to her hair that was sticking to her forehead. Her's probably was 60% sweat, 40% water, unlike Asher who was 80% water, 20% sweat.

Asher shorts, "Yeah right. Does your sweat smell like cheese and crackers?"

"No, it smells like a man.. you wouldn't know what that's like, you know, no leg hair and all." She quips, buckling her harness seatbelt.

Greyson laughs, pulling out of the parking lot. "How was practice Sis?"

"Good! I nailed Collins." She says and Greyson and I both look at each other with wide eyes. We knew she meant she slammed him into the boards, but it came out sounding terrible.

"Sis, you need to say you "nailed him in the boards", okay?" I say, resting my head against the headrest.

"Why?"

"Because, not everybody knows hockey terms." Greyson quickly comes up with.

"Oh, okay!"

"Can we get Chick-Fil-A?" Aspen asks. I knew it was coming.

"We'll see." Greyson says, even though we both knew he was already headed there.

This man would drop to his knees for these kids, and I loved watching every second of it.

Word Count: 1,839

OMG, I bought Love on the Brain, by Ali Hazelwood. 10/10 recommend. I read the whole book in less than 48 hours... Oops.

Also, how would you guys feel if I started an Instagram account???

On another social media note, go follow my Pinterest if you haven't!! (Link in bio and in this chapter)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 39.8K 46
Pro hockey star, Christian Brooks, has everything he ever needed as a starting forward Right Winger, and a three year old daughter. Or, so he thought...
942K 27.1K 66
COMPLETED - It's puck at first sight for Jules Martin, when his gaze falls on Luna Larsson at his first College ice hockey game with a new team. The...
201K 5.6K 51
She's sick. He's heartbroken. They put a ring on it. The line between deals and promises is beginning to blur. * What starts out as a deal between...
79K 3.9K 33
Well we all remember Houston and Addison. This is all about their best friends Anthony and Brielle, their love story. The ins and outs of modern day...