DOMINO - Eustass Kid x Reader

By WombatSquid

"Love is like a theif, it robs you of all thought and logic, and all you have left is a heart that you can on... More

CHAPTER ONE: Heist
CHAPTER TWO: Unluck
CHAPTER THREE: Below The Belt
CHAPTER FOUR: Of Use
CHAPTER FIVE: Prove Your Worth
CHAPTER SIX: Showtime
CHAPTER SEVEN: Good Doggy, No Bone
CHAPTER EIGHT: Snipe
CHAPTER NINE: Too Far
CHAPTER TEN: One-Eighty
CHAPTER ELEVEN: Buck You
CHAPTER TWELVE: Impressive
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: Brotherly Lovebomb
CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Bad Idea
CHAPTER FIFTEEN: Measurements and Temperaments
CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Hands
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Put On A Show
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: Unforseen Circumstances
CHAPTER NINETEEN: Shutting Up
CHAPTER TWENTY: Can't Stress Enough
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: Facts
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Not The Case
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: Stick Around
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: Pop
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: Bottoms Up
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: Lock and Key
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: Back-Up
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT: Go For The Throat
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Scars
CHAPTER THIRTY: Blue
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: Hypothetically
CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: Olive Branch
CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Consider It
CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: Off The Record
CHAPTER THIRTY SIX: Why?
CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN: Homeward
CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT: Testosterone
CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: Concerns
CHAPTER FORTY: Scrap
CHAPTER FORTY ONE: Get Me Out of Here
CHAPTER FORTY TWO: Know
CHAPTER FORTY THREE: Sentimental Shit
CHAPTER FORTY FOUR: Farewell, Water 7
CHAPTER FORTY FIVE: Change
CHAPTER FORTY SIX: Ready
CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN: Prying
CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: Kid
CHAPTER FORTY NINE: Life
CHAPTER FIFTY: Off My Chest
CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: Freak Out
CHAPTER FIFTY TWO: A Day Out
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: Morale
CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: Red
CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE: Guilt
CHAPTER FIFTY SIX: Done
CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: Bad For Me, Worse For You
CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT: There For You
CHAPTER FIFTY NINE: Be
CHAPTER SIXTY: Can I Be Honest?
CHAPTER SIXTY ONE: No Place Like Home
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: Pretty Pretty
CHAPTER SIXTY THREE: Something Stupid
CHAPTER SIXTY FOUR: Selfish Passion
CHAPTER SIXTY FIVE: For This Moment

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: Wrong Idea

1.9K 95 75
By WombatSquid

***(Y/N) POV***

"Absolutely not."

Killer stood a few feet away, leaning on the guard rail of the deck as I sat upon a crate, Heat cross-legged in front of me as I plaited his long, silvery hair.

"It's not all that bad, Killer. Actually, it's kinda soothing." The man admitted, reaching to bat a finished plait that framed his face.
"Nope. Not doing it."

Pouting, I completed the last twist of the hair tie and brushed the finished masterpiece over Heat's shoulder, tilting my head in just the right way. It had always worked with Paulie.
"Pretty please with a cherry on top, Killz? I'll be gentle."

I was bored, so I had resorted to plaiting the hair of any crew member who had hair long enough. Bubblegum, Mosh and now Heat had fallen relatively willing victim, and now I wanted my holy grail. That luscious fountain of blond.

Killer was silent for so long, I got my hopes up, bouncing up and down on the spot.
"Hard pass." He buckled down, and I groaned, flopping forward so my face was smothered in silver. "Why don't you go mess with Kid's hair? It's been a while since you've bugged him."

Ugh.

"Read the room, man." Bubblgegum tittered, toying with the brushy end of one of my works of art.
"Quick, book it before she starts up again..." Heat stood up, nearly causing me to topple over as he ushered his companions away, leaving me with furrowed brows and clenched teeth.

"I'd rather-"
"Thread yourself mouth through to ass on a giant's pubic hair like a beaded bracelet. I know. You've mentioned that once or twice." Killer finished my sentence with one of my many previous replies, and I clicked my tongue.

"Exactly. So why bring it up?" I huffed, sliding down from the crate and moving to circle the massacre soldier like a vulture, eyeing his hair.
"Because it's not cute anymore. Actually, it's insufferable." Killer made sure to slowly turn along with me, not once letting me see his back.

Growing more frustrated, I sped up my pace, only for him to match it.
"He started it. I may have started out as his toy, or his dog, or whatever, but he doesn't intimidate me anymore. He can kick rocks. Hard, pointy ones. That are on fire. And explode."

Killer continued to follow me in my circle, so I kicked out into a sprint, making about six full rounds before nearly losing my footing, only being saved from eating deck due to Killer reaching out and catching me by the scruff.

"Enough. You're making me dizzy." Killer scolded, lifting me off the ground. I didn't like it when the guys scruffed me, but I didn't hate it, either. It was just a little embarrassing, the way I curled up on instinct.

I still feel like a pet sometimes...

"Whether Kid started it or not, you should be mature enough to not buy into it. He likes stirring the pot and getting a rise out of you. That's all those women were to him. A tactic." He explained, free hand on his hip.

"He was all over them when I wasn't even there. Besides, I don't even care about that..." I muttered, lying to his face. Or, rather, helmet. Muttering something under his breath, Killer lowered me back down, brushing the creases of my shirt out with the back of his hand.

"Then why are you being just as stubborn as he is?" He asked, obviously not buying what I was selling. I opened my mouth to spin another web of bullshit, but when I came up blank I just groaned, letting myself fall forward until my head hit his chest.

"Those girls...after seeing him with them, I just...it made me so irrationally mad. To the point where I killed them, without any hesitation..." I confessed, feeling the slight brush of his hovering hands over my back.

"Yeah, Heat told me the details..." He replied calmly, though not entirely unphased. Releasing another breath, I closed my eyes and loosely wrapped my arms around his middle, linking my hands behind him.
"It scared me a little..."

Because I did it all to get back at them for being all over Kid...

Killer's chest expanded and pushed back into me when he exhaled, his hands finally finding my back, ghosting instead of a firm grip.
"It frightened you once you realised what you would do for him. That's it, right?"

I didn't want to admit it, but he was spot on the money. When Kid had bitten out Livewire's jugular, it had shaken me, but how had it been any different to what I had done? If anything, my crime had been the worst. Two lives compared to one.

No, he's killed more for me. Back on Pinbour Haven...I don't even know the body count...

"He's a big, fat, ugly idiot..." I murmured, muffling yet another groan with Killer's spotted button-up.
"Come on, he's not fat, and you know it..." The blond sighed, petting my head lightly, pushing stray strands of my hair back in place. "What do you expect to do? You can't possibly think you can stay on the Victoria Punk and avoid him for the rest of your life? He's your captain, (Y/N)."

I pulled back and looked up at Killer, spotting the shadowed end of his chin from my angle, noting how that once light scruff of facial hair had grown.
"But if I give him what he wants, he'll win..." I pointed out, earning myself a flick on the nose. "Ow!"

"When the hell did it become a competition, hmm? Who can be the bigger dumbass? Be the lesser idiot and extend an olive branch. I'm not saying apologise to him, because honestly, he was a jerk, but can you at least stop matching his immaturity?"

It's not fair. He's totally right.

Ragdolling, I let him catch me as I fell limp in retaliation, glad that he didn't see sense and let me faceplant.
"Why can't he be more like you? You're not a big, fat, ugly, selfish asshole with a superiority complex..."

Forcibly pushing me back to my feet and holding me steady by the shoulders, I swore I heard Killer's breath stutter, just once.
"Well, he isn't me, he's him, so take him as he is, or not at all. Besides, how do you know I'm not ugly? Or selfish, for that matter?"

I stared intensely at blue and white for long enough to likely make him uncomfortable, allowing the hands he had planted on my shoulders to take the majority of my weight.

"Since I've decided that you wear that helmet because you're so handsomely pretty under there that it's dangerous. You'd be hunted by Celestial Dragons so they can peel your face off and sew it over their own ugly mugs." I stated with a strong nod. "Also, all you've done for me lately is keep me safe and happy. Nothing selfish about that."

What was visible of Killer's throat bobbed before he released me, taking a step back as I staggered to catch myself before falling.
"Need I remind you that I snapped your wrist clean in half? I nearly murdered you the first night we met, too."

I mean...

"I did try to rob you guys blind. Water under the bridge." I shrugged, watching his shoulders deflate. Shaking his head, Killer muttered something else I couldn't quite hear as he began walking towards the galley.
"Back to the original topic of conversation, please. If you genuinely like Kid, then be the bigger person. Make peace. For everyone's sake. I don't think UK can take another messenger run."

I was torn. On one hand, I wanted to make up with Kid. I missed our bantering, and the genuine moments we had shared. My feelings were still strong, and my attitude was making up for what I couldn't wear on my sleeve.

On the other hand, I was a stubborn son of a bitch. He'd actually hurt me, emotionally, which in my eyes was worse than a physical injury. It felt weak to just forget that.

"But..." I tailed Killer as he started down into the ship and off the deck, likely on his way to begin the dinner preparations. "...what if I genuinely like somebody else instead? Not Kid?"

Killer continued walking ahead of me, not bothering to look back in my direction when I spoke. He had such a strong, proud stride.
"I'd find that hard to believe." He answered flatly, and I jogged so I was at his heel, close to stepping on the backs of his boots.

"No, but seriously..." I continued, wanting to try and get him off my case, even though I knew I was more than likely just burying a deeper hole for myself. "...what if I prefer someone who's nicer to me? Who doesn't think his shit don't stink? Who isn't a big fat ugly asshole? Who-"

My back hit the wall when Killer spun around all of a sudden. He hadn't pushed me, but abruptly guided me so he could trap me with his strong arms. Even in the short time we had known each other, I could see that he was bulking up. They all were.

His covered face was close to mine, and in a way it was intimidating, but I wasn't scared. It was just Killer. I knew for a fact he wouldn't hurt me.
"Keep talking like that...and you're gonna give me the wrong idea..." His voice came out in a low growl of warning, letting me stew in it for a few long moments before he pushed off and continued on, leaving me there against the wall.

Wow...That was...

"K..Killer..?" I called after him, but he didn't look back, disappearing around the corner towards the entrance to the galley, where he'd likely remain until the dinner hell rang.

The wrong idea about what..?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***BONUS KILLER POV***

The moment I rounded the corner I flattened my back against the wall, my hand flying to my chest as though it would somehow steady my heartbeat. It was thundering in my chest, and echoing in the enclosed space around my head.

Shit...Shit shit shit..!

I hadn't meant to do that. Or say that. I had intended on walking away, or simply listening to her ramble on as she followed me into the galley, like she often did when she was bored and wanted company.

However, what she had said just dragged the reaction right out of me. Usually I had much greater discipline. Self control. It was stupid, borderline insane, but for a moment, a split second, I thought that maybe she had been referring to me.

No, she's falling for Kid. She was just trying to get you to stop nagging her, you moron...

Cursing myself out under my breath, I reached up and lifted my helmet so I could rub at my face, pinching the bridge of my nose for a few short seconds before covering myself again and forcing myself back into a walk.

Forget about it. Don't even think about it. You already threw in the towel, man. He's down in his workshop right now, all for her...Just...don't...

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
***FYI this doesn't mean he's a love interest. I'm having trouble falling asleep and had Killer on the brain.

Next Time: Made With Something That Totally Isn't Love***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 1.3K 33
Hello again minna. Sorry for not updating for so long. But here's my next story, and please read and vote on it. I know it's lame and all but, I made...
42.5K 1.6K 37
Leaving Wano, Kidd looks to rebuild his crew. They stop at a little restaurant. Killer's eyes land on a girl that has the exact locket that he gave h...
126K 5K 58
(Y/n) Beckmann was always homeschooled by her big brother, but for her final year of high school she decides to change that. Striking out to Grand Li...
2.6K 96 9
This is an old one! This is from 2015, and I feel like it deserves a place here. An old story about my first semi original concept. I was about 15, b...