CHAPTER THIRTY TWO: Wrong Idea

***(Y/N) POV***

"Absolutely not."

Killer stood a few feet away, leaning on the guard rail of the deck as I sat upon a crate, Heat cross-legged in front of me as I plaited his long, silvery hair.

"It's not all that bad, Killer. Actually, it's kinda soothing." The man admitted, reaching to bat a finished plait that framed his face.
"Nope. Not doing it."

Pouting, I completed the last twist of the hair tie and brushed the finished masterpiece over Heat's shoulder, tilting my head in just the right way. It had always worked with Paulie.
"Pretty please with a cherry on top, Killz? I'll be gentle."

I was bored, so I had resorted to plaiting the hair of any crew member who had hair long enough. Bubblegum, Mosh and now Heat had fallen relatively willing victim, and now I wanted my holy grail. That luscious fountain of blond.

Killer was silent for so long, I got my hopes up, bouncing up and down on the spot.
"Hard pass." He buckled down, and I groaned, flopping forward so my face was smothered in silver. "Why don't you go mess with Kid's hair? It's been a while since you've bugged him."

Ugh.

"Read the room, man." Bubblgegum tittered, toying with the brushy end of one of my works of art.
"Quick, book it before she starts up again..." Heat stood up, nearly causing me to topple over as he ushered his companions away, leaving me with furrowed brows and clenched teeth.

"I'd rather-"
"Thread yourself mouth through to ass on a giant's pubic hair like a beaded bracelet. I know. You've mentioned that once or twice." Killer finished my sentence with one of my many previous replies, and I clicked my tongue.

"Exactly. So why bring it up?" I huffed, sliding down from the crate and moving to circle the massacre soldier like a vulture, eyeing his hair.
"Because it's not cute anymore. Actually, it's insufferable." Killer made sure to slowly turn along with me, not once letting me see his back.

Growing more frustrated, I sped up my pace, only for him to match it.
"He started it. I may have started out as his toy, or his dog, or whatever, but he doesn't intimidate me anymore. He can kick rocks. Hard, pointy ones. That are on fire. And explode."

Killer continued to follow me in my circle, so I kicked out into a sprint, making about six full rounds before nearly losing my footing, only being saved from eating deck due to Killer reaching out and catching me by the scruff.

"Enough. You're making me dizzy." Killer scolded, lifting me off the ground. I didn't like it when the guys scruffed me, but I didn't hate it, either. It was just a little embarrassing, the way I curled up on instinct.

I still feel like a pet sometimes...

"Whether Kid started it or not, you should be mature enough to not buy into it. He likes stirring the pot and getting a rise out of you. That's all those women were to him. A tactic." He explained, free hand on his hip.

"He was all over them when I wasn't even there. Besides, I don't even care about that..." I muttered, lying to his face. Or, rather, helmet. Muttering something under his breath, Killer lowered me back down, brushing the creases of my shirt out with the back of his hand.

"Then why are you being just as stubborn as he is?" He asked, obviously not buying what I was selling. I opened my mouth to spin another web of bullshit, but when I came up blank I just groaned, letting myself fall forward until my head hit his chest.

"Those girls...after seeing him with them, I just...it made me so irrationally mad. To the point where I killed them, without any hesitation..." I confessed, feeling the slight brush of his hovering hands over my back.