CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR: Consider It

"No, because this is hard and I suck. Wait, don't you dare make some kind of dirty joke out of that!"

Kid just sat back and smirked at me, not even having to add anything to get the satisfaction as I struggled with the soldering iron.
"Who, me? What's goin' on in that little head of yours that's so dirty, huh?" He ribbed, snorting when I hunched over more.

"Shut up...This is shit. I'm shit. Why am I so shit?" I groaned, letting my head fall into my hand, dropping the soldering iron back onto the table. Kid sighed and stood, approaching to inspect my work.

I had been practising by making a box. Cutting the light metal had been rough, and the edges were wonky, and now I couldn't for the life of me get them to stay together.

"Meh, soldering can be finicky. Keep at it. Gotta get this down before you can even think about touchin' the welder." He hummed, large hand ruffling my hair fondly before he returned to his stool.

"You know..." I started, swivelling so I could shoot him a cocked brow. "I'm pretty sure teaching someone to do something actually requires, oh, I don't know...teaching? A little feedback? Tips? You kinda just threw me in blind here, my dude."

Rolling his eyes, Kid returned to stand behind me, leaning over my back. I was hyper aware of the feeling of his chest, and I almost forgot to breathe.
"You ain't even doing it straight. Half of it's on the edge of a single sheet, not both."

This is gonna make it hard to concentrate...

"The cuts aren't straight. Totally my fault, but still..." I complained, uttering a startled yip when his arms caged me, his hand taking mine, soldering iron and all.
"Doesn't matter if it's straight cut or not. Watch what I do."

Kid proceeded to guide my hand in a flawlessly straight line across the dual edges, sealing them together and proving me wrong. His hand was hot over mine, and I could feel his pulse through his chest that had me helplessly trapped between him and the bench.

Once he had finished, he pulled our hands back but didn't release mine, studying his own handiwork. I couldn't look up at him in this position, so I just did the same.
"Thanks...I think I can do it now..."

Sensing my faint nerves, Kid let go of my hand, slinking back to his seat to allow me to continue.
"Once you get good enough, what do y'wanna make?" He asked, seeming to be genuinely curious.

I paused to think for a few moments, very nearly tapping the hot end of the soldering iron to my chin.
"A steel cock-ring, so I can fuck my enemies with style."

The redhead uttered a hearty chuckle, and I enjoyed the sound of it. There was no darkness or violence surrounding it, which was rare.
"I'm the one with the cock here, sweetheart. You gonna gift it to me?" Kid snickered, but I stood my ground.

"You don't know what I've got in my pants." I stated a-matter-of-factly, watching him lean back, lazily staring at me with all the confidence in the world.
"Fair point. You gonna show me, then?"

Despite rolling my eyes, I still smiled at his attempt at teasing, pointing the hot tip of the soldering iron towards him.
"Ha ha. Very funny. I'm still pretty pissed at you, remember?" I stated, and he raised a non-existent brow.
"So you'd consider it if you weren't pissed, huh?"

Wait-

His wit rendered me speechless for a moment, and as my cheeks began to heat up I couldn't for the life of me think of a comeback that wouldn't make him believe he was right.

"How cute. You gettin' all flustered cuz I'm right? Good to know..." He continued to tease me, and I grit my teeth.
"Zip it, or I'll solder your tip to your belly button." I threatened, empty, as usual.