CHAPTER THIRTY ONE: Hypothetically

***KID POV***

"Uh, she told me to tell you that, um, your face looks like a Banana Gator's prolapsed cloaca, and she'd rather sit on a knife and twist than talk to you...H..Her words, not mine!" UK relayed (Y/N)'s message to me in a fluster, holding his hands up in defence. "Sorry boss..."

It had been two weeks since (Y/N) had last spoken to me. Well, yelled at me, back in the infirmary. No matter what I tried, or how I threatened her, she just gave me a look of complete and utter disgust before walking away. I was at my wits end.

"Yeah, well, you can tell her-"
"Kid, quit using him as your errand boy. It's just sad at this point." Killer placed a hand on my shoulder, using his other to shoo a very grateful UK off to do something less nerve-wracking.

"Then you can tell her that she's a-"
"You ever heard of patience?" Killer cut me off again, rounding the desk to stand in full sight. "I know you have. Don't tell me I wasted my teen years trying to drill it into you. Leave her be. She'll come around, she just needs time to get over it."

Don't wanna...

Gritting my teeth, I held back from blowing up at him. Of course, I knew he was right. He always was. That was why he was my equal, and more often than not my voice of reason.
"She's had plenty of time! If she wants to stay on my ship, she needs to kill the damn attitude and quit avoidin' me!"

I knew that behind his mask of white and blue that Killer was raising his brow in a way that would further tick me off.
"What are you going to do if she doesn't? Throw her overboard? Think you're capable of that at this point?"

His words had me taken aback. Why would he think otherwise? He knew me better than anyone, living or dead.
"What the fuck do you mean, am I capable?! Why wouldn't I be?!" I barked back at him, fist balled but yet to slam down onto the table.

Tilting his head, somewhat expectantly, Killer snorted. He really was the only person who would talk to me in such a way and not be pummelled to death. At least he used to be the only one.
"Wow. I'm almost ashamed of being the one to raise you. Where did I go wrong? Are you that stupid?"

It had been a hell of a long time since he had spoken to me like that. The last time that I could remember was when I was a snot-nosed brat, hand gripping his shirt as I trailed along behind him. Once upon a time.

"Don't go tryin' to act like my damn father! What the hell are you talkin' about?! Spit it out!" This time my fist did crash down onto the table, but I was mindful that I wouldn't split the wood. Sure, we had the funds to replace it, but it would be a pain.

Running his hand down the smooth surface of his helmet, Killer shook his head and sighed. A long, defeated sigh that had my nails digging into the heel of my palm.

"I'll put it in layman's terms so you can understand. You. Kid. In love. Her. (Y/N)." Insulting Neanderthal speak aside, his words bounced around the inside of my skull for a little too long before they sank into my brain, a horrified expression warping my features.

"You have got to be kiddin' me..!" I shouted, pushing myself to an abrupt stand. Anybody else would have flinched back, but Killer stood still and unphased. "Sure, I'd fuck her, but love?! Do I look that weak to you?!"

Making a show of tilting his head up and down, sizing me up, Killer met my eyes through darkened holes.
"Yep."

No no no no no absolutely the fuck not!

"You care about her. After the whole Pinbour Haven thing, that much was for certain. The way you look at her, and give her special treatment...I mean, damn, Kid. You called her your girl back in that warehouse, and tore a man's throat out with your teeth after he hurt her. Looks like love to me."